PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Man (Anyone)

Telaki Olus
Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:10:21 AM
40 years ago:
The brute with the gun smiled as he aimed for the childs head.

10 days ago:
"Where am I?"

40 years ago:
"What's your name kid?" ,he whispered.

9 days ago:
"Hello is anyone there?"

40 years ago:
"Telaki." ,the boy mumbled from behind his tears.

8 days ago:
"If anyone can hear me please answer."

40 years ago:
The brute laughed, "That's a pretty stupid name kid."

7 days ago:
"Where am I?"

40 years ago:
Silently the brute put his gun away.

6 days ago:
"Am I dead?"

40 years ago:
"And a name that stupid should live on forever."[I]

5 days ago:
"WHY WON'T ANYONE ANSWER ME?"

40 years ago:
[I]And with those words the brute walked away from the boy and was never seen from again.

4 days ago:
"Oh please just kill me."

The end

3 days ago:
There was a puddle of water on the floor in the cell that had been the lonely man's only drinking source for the last ten days.

Ten? Couldn't be. Maybe more. Maybe less.

He was dirty, filthy really, covered from head to toe in white soot. His bones ached from a multitude of cuts and bruises that dotted his body like sadistic landmarks. His face was a dishevelled mess, broken nose, missing teeth.

He had spent the last couple hours attempting to stab himself in the neck with one of his broken teeth.

The lonely man was not well. He would drift off every once in a while and wake up to the smell of food. Someone kept bringing it. He had stayed up for two straight nights to see the mysterious person before hunger and exhaustion forced him into sleep. He had woken the next morning to a simple meal of bread and butter. He was so lonely.

Only one sliver of pale yellow light gave him any comfort at all.

But the worst thing about the place was that he had no idea why he was there. Ten days. Maybe more. Probably more. Could be years.

2 Days ago: Undisclosed Location, Coruscant:

The lonely man's eyes flutter open slowly to the drip-drip-drip of the rooms only water source. Cold and dark. Every day the same cold and dark.

"Your awake."

From the left corner of the room a fire ignites from a small lighter. The lonely man back pedals from the shock.

A woman sits there, leaning back into a silver metal chair, a devilish grin playing on her lips. She is beautiful, but the lonely man does't realize that. Her dress is also short, revealing her entire thigh to the man. It would stir something inside of him if he were sane.

"Hello."

She is whispering, but the lonely man hears it as if she were screaming. Noise. The drip-drip-dripping slowly dies away as the hum of the lighter fills the room.

He opens his mouth to speak but he only gives a shrill squeel.

"No. Don't speak. Save the energy."

The fire goes out with a single deliberate blow.

"Just listen."

The lonely man looks down and shakes his head. He can't see anymore, the reflection of the light still playing with his eyes.

"You have something we want. We intend to get it. But not now. First you are going to leave."

He looks up at where she was.

"Yes. You are going to leave this place and you are going to find what we are looking for without even trying."

The scraping of the metal chair on the stone floor echoes through the room.

"Doesn't that sound nice?"

The lonely man doesn't answer.

"Good. And now..."

A sharp blast of light enters the room as an unseen door is opened. Shadows fill the room as the lonely man lets out a shrill scream.

"You sleep."

Today: Coruscant:

The man had been laying there for two days, but that wasn't surprising. This neighborhood was known for its large amount of poor. They literally littered the street with there bodies. His stench wasn't unique either, the street itself excuded its own unpleasant aroma. Only becasue he was lying face down did his open head wounds go unnoticed, but in reality no one would have cared anyways.

The lonely man awoke with a start, quickly reeling from an imaginary blow to his head. About two yards away another bum jumped at the man's sudden movement.

For a few seconds the man lay there half cowering, shivering from the rush of adrenalin and the cold. Then he sighed and sobbed, his body heaving from a rush of emotion.

"You okay mister?"

The other bum had moved closer to the lonely man, his face bent in pity. The lonely man shook his head at the words. With a great heave he stood and moved away, runnng into the opposite direction....

About two blocks away the lonely man stopped and put his hand on a nearby wall. Support. There was a sharp pain in his head that was causing his vision to blur and his hunger was overpowering. And there was this nagging feeling on his skin. He reached down with his free hand and scratched at his stomach.

Something there.

He pulled up his dirty white shirt to reveal a yellow folder tucked into his pants. With bloody fingers he grabbed it and opened it up in front of him.

One simple message was printed on it:

Your name is Telaki Olus.

A creeping feeling went over him as he stared up at the sky the yellow folder still held out in front of him. With trembling hands he reached up and scratched at his face that was now covered in a thick brown beard.

"My name is Telaki Olus."

Janus Riddyl
Sep 25th, 2003, 10:18:02 AM
Janus hated to walk in this section of Coruscant, all the poor and not very much he could do about it. He walked past a small child with his mother who looked like she had not taken a bath in years. The child was happy though, he didn't knw that a better life existed.

Janus bent down and spoke to the child, "And what's your name?"

"Terras" he replied.

Janus smiled at the innocence of the child and spoke again, "My name is Janus and I've got a present for you." Janus pulled a few credits from his pocket and handed them to the child. "Take these to you mother, I'm sure she'll be happy." Janus stood up and noticed a scruffy man running down the street. But he truned back and saw the child with his mother, who was indeed smiling.

"Thank-you" she said. And Janus nodded back.

Something about the running man stuck in his mind. Perhaps he should investigate. There was something about him....

Janus approached the man, who looked like he spent his entire life being beaten.

"My name is Telaki Olus." he said.

"Well Telaki, are you alright? You look like you may need some help." Janus said and again surveyed the state of the mans body.

Telaki Olus
Sep 26th, 2003, 11:38:15 AM
The lonely man turns to the stranger, slack jawed with eyes sprung open. His hands shake from fatigue and hunger. A long sting of spittel dangles from his lips.

"My name is Telaki Olus." He repeats. His eyes stare through the stranger.

"My name is Telaki Olus." The man speaks to him but he can't hear. His mind is ringing with the words....

Syren Wyssholt
Sep 26th, 2003, 12:50:55 PM
She had been watching the troubled man from across the way, having only noticed him as he ran and paused to support himself against the wall. Action such as his weren't all that uncommon in these parts of Coruscant, but there was just something about him that held her attention; a hard feat to do, if truth is to be told.

Furrowing her darkened brows, she pulls her cloak taut and nestles her chin against its soft folds; a chill to the air which seems a tad unseasonable for Coruscant this time of year. Then again, the year has seemingly whizzed by in a blur to this young woman.

A smile threatens to edge her lips as she watches another enter into view, making the day for a pair of downtrodden on the streets by perhaps handing over some coin so they may eat or even eat and bathe. Pity tears at her heart, seeing the young child who is oblivious to the better life.

And though the new arrival aided the mother and child, why is it that she gets an ill feeling in the pit of her stomach as she watches him approach the scummied man near the wall?

She isn't sure, but she finds herself crossing the street, calling out towards Telaki.

"There you are! I've been looking high and low for you for days now! Are you alright?"

Syren approaches, sincere worry in her tone and seen in her eyes. She smiles, to Janus.

"How can I ever thank you for finding my brother? I've been worried sick when he didn't show up at home after work nearly a week ago and have been out in the streets looking for him."

A gentle hand is touched lightly to Telaki's shoulder, giving a soft, reassuring squeeze, hoping the man will come to realize quickly that she means him no harm and only intends to help if allowed to.

Janus Riddyl
Sep 26th, 2003, 10:54:56 PM
Janus was a little unsure how to respond to the man, he seemed to be in a mentally unstable state. Then the woman approached and refered to him as her brother.

"It is no problem, really." He responded to her, "But he seems to be in sort of an... unstable state. I'm a little concerned actually. So if you wouldn't mind miss.." Janus tried to think of the last name the man had given him, then it came. "Miss Olus, but I'd like to stick around, just to make sure he will be alright. If that is ok with you."

Syren Wyssholt
Sep 27th, 2003, 03:32:03 PM
Her smile remains nothing less than cordial as she nods to Janus.

"Well, I don't mind, however, his wounds need tending to."

Syren reaches up and lovingly rubs Telaki's bicep.

"I think it's up to him, though; if he can think straight enough to answer."

Telaki Olus
Sep 27th, 2003, 11:33:55 PM
The womans touch sent shock waves through the man. Cascading pulses of electric delight coarse up and down his spinal cord. He can't stand it.

They are staring at him, talking amongst themselves, but the lonely man isn't paying attention.

A black speeder tinted widows.

The lonely man turned away from the vehicle that was parked down the road. He turned to the woman shaking his head frantically.

"My name is Telaki Olus. My name is Telaki Olus."

"That's a pretty stupid name kid."

The lonely man grabs the sides of his head and takes off running...in the opposite direction of the parked speeder.

Syren Wyssholt
Sep 27th, 2003, 11:39:08 PM
Syren's eyes remain focused on Telaki, worry apparent. She nods her head a few times, then blinks as he begins shaking his head, repeating his name over and over.

"I know, shh .. it's alright. We're just trying to ..."

Then in the blink of an eye, he takes off.

"Help.."

She finishes.

With a glance to Janus, she takes off after Telaki.

"Wait! Please! We're just trying to help you!"

She calls after him, picking up her speed in hopes of catching up to him.

Azhure Darkstone
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:36:55 AM
delete please - wrong post. apologies.

Telaki Olus
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:32:14 AM
Two blocks away the lonely man comes crashing to the ground, tripping unexpectadely on the extended leg of a bum. He falls to his side before turning to the woman's voice behind him. He turns around, horrorstriken, backpedaling on the cement away from her approaching form.

"Telaki Olus. Telaki Olus."

He falls back, his head hitting the cement with a dull thud.

He blinks.

Above him the shadow of the woman hides the sun.

"...who are you?" He whispers.

Syren Wyssholt
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:56:31 AM
When Syren sees Telaki trip and hit the ground, her hands immediately cover her mouth, containing an audible gasp that just couldn't be helped. Visibly, she cringes for the man, the look of worry deepening even more, etching her features with deep, shadowed lines.

Her shadow over his prone and fallen form, she kneels slowly, reaching out even slower to place a tender hand against his arm.

"Please, do not be afraid. I just want to try to help you."

Her voice, barely above a whisper, reflects the worry seen in her dark, onyx hued eyes.

"Telaki, I am Syren." Hoping that Janus hadn't followed, or if he had, that he was still out of earshot as she speaks again.

"Please, I don't mean to harm or frighten you. I wish only to help you."

Sincerety in her tone, she shifts her weight to seat herself more against her right hip then in an outright kneel, lowering her hand from the man's arm.

"Will you let me help you?"

Janus Riddyl
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:36:51 PM
As soon as Telaki took off in a full sprint Janus took to the air. His keen eyes following Telaki as well as the woman who's name he still didn't know. Janus was beginning to feel through the Force that something was a little strange about this whole thing; besides the fact the whole situation was strange in the first place.

Janus hovered in the air for a moment until Tekali tripped and fell. Something needed to be done, this guy just kept hurting himself.

The girl had caught up to him and was saying something, but Janus couldn't hear it well enough to make sense of it. He landed behind her and spoke, "Is he hurt bad?" Janus hoped he wasn't. Perhaps we should get him to a hospital. The man was mentally unstable and Janus didn't know for sure, but all the bruises likely came from accidents this man kept getting into.

Telaki Olus
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:04:58 AM
The lonely man turned away from the woman, raising his hands to cover his face from her eyes. Sobs began to wreck his body as a sharp gasp escaped his lips.

"Yes. Yes." He whispered to the woman, "Help. Help."

He turned to her, his eyes bloodshot from the tears that had just been there.

"I need you help."

Syren Wyssholt
Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:30:26 AM
"I think he is, he looks pretty beat up; even confused."

Syren flitted a glance up to Janus, then returns her dark gaze to Telaki.

Her heart aches for the poor man, obviously very distressed and confused. Nodding to Janus as she holds a sympathetic eye on Telaki, she offers to help the man up.

"No, no hospitals. We can take him to a small, out of the way place I know. Would you help me get him there?"

Hopefully Janus would; Syren doesn't hold the upper body strength to help steady Telaki should his legs decide to give out on him. The man looks literally exhausted, beaten down by whatever plagues his psyche.

"Shh, it's alright. I know a safe place where we can go and I can tend to your wounds, get you some food and clean clothes. We'll help you."

Janus Riddyl
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:15:32 AM
"Yeah. Definitely." Janus said and bent over to get ahold of Telaki underneath his arms and lifted him on his feet. The man was a little shaky and Janus hald on in case Telaki's legs gave out.

No hospitals? Janus thought to himself. It didn't make sense, a hospital had all the resources possibly needed to take care of Telaki. He decided to go with it though, something told him everything wasn't what it seemed.

"Where is this 'safe place'" Janus asked, still not letting go of Telaki.

Syren Wyssholt
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:18:24 AM
Doing her best to help Janus support Telaki, Syren gives a light shake of her head to send a few errant strands of hair out of her dark eyes and nods ahead of them.

"My apartment. I assure you its very safe and I can tend to his injuries there."

"A few blocks up, right down the alley on the right and above the bar on the other side. That's where it is."

Janus Riddyl
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:39:50 PM
"I can carry you both, flying there will be faster, and our friend here won't have the oppertunity to run away and get hurt again."

Syren Wyssholt
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:09:06 PM
"I don't know. I don't exactly trust anything that flies; especially sentient beings."

Syren glances towards Janus, across Telaki's chest as she helps hobble the man along the way towards her apartment.

"We're almost there. It's just up around the corner here."

Janus Riddyl
Oct 18th, 2003, 08:54:14 PM
"Alright then. At least I offered." He said and helped Telaki towards thier destination.