PDA

View Full Version : Janitor duty in the passenger's deck.

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:23:32 PM
Zeke pushes a mop bucket down the hall with telekinesis, humming lightly and tossing the unused mop over his shoulders. He sacrificed most of his social life to training Padawans in the cargo bay; now he's paying for it in the form of chores; all the chores he shoved off onto the other crew members of the Happy Child.

He heaves a sigh as he looks down the long hall of passenger's quarters. All this...then galley...then the cargo bay...then the bridge...then...

"Well...best get started."

He soaks the mop, squeezes out the excess water, and hops to, working backwards down the hall, mopping side to side and dragging the bucket with telekinesis. He's so focused he doesn't see the woman standing behind him. The Knight runs right into her, almost knocking her over. He catches her hand just in time and pulls her to her feet, smiling embarrassedly.

"Clever me...sorry about that. Name's Zeke, Janitorial Knight of the Happy Child." He laughs a little. "Jeez, that was lame..." he thinks to himself, idly squeezing out the mop, though it be dry already...

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:27:23 PM
Eris blushes lightly.

"Eris, girl who gets run into I guess."

She says as she pushes some the hair that fell over her face out of the way.

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:30:30 PM
He mops at the floor a bit more, pacing slowly backwards, losing his mop bucket as he worries over the impression he's making on this girl. He's hardly looked at her for more than five seconds, but he's decided she's definitely attractive.

"You're not crew, so you gotta be passengers. Where ya headed?"

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:36:39 PM
"Nowhere in particular..."

Eris never had a destination really, she wandered from place to place when she could. She starts to stop as he's heading for the mopbucket but too late to do so as he trips over it.

"You okay?"

She asks, trying not to chuckle softly.

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:43:36 PM
Zeke catches himself, completing half a flip and balancing precariously on his thumb, body bent over to keep the bucket from tipping.

"Never...better..."

Carefully he lets himself down and soaks his mop, squeezing it out and going on down the hall, dragging the bucket by telekinesis.

"You'd think I'd be more careful..." he mutters with a slight shake of his head. "Usually am, but...y'know...it's just been one o' those days..."

Quickly he clenches off the statement there. It's not worth his while to let her know about all the chores he's done today, and all the constant heckling Jhony and May have given him as they chased him about earlier in the day.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:46:09 PM
She smiles softly, quite an odd one this guy is.

"So what are you doing here besides mopping?"

She's curious as usual, besides might as well get to know him a little.

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:51:51 PM
"Inventory, cooking duty, May's laundry, upkeep on Jhony's old swords, and putting mints on the pillows of beds that are unoccupied," he replies. "I'm not sure if they're serious about the last one, but you can never be sure around here."

He looks up at her with a slight smile.

"In the unlikely event of pirates I get to defend the ship from boarders, too."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:54:02 PM
"Hmm, so you defend people like me then huh?"

She smiles though she doesn't know why.

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:55:52 PM
"Yep, that's about right. Got two lightsabers and a Force Pike to do it with, not to mention this mop and whatever else is lying around the cargo bay..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:57:45 PM
She laughs at the last one, she couldn't picture him wielding a mop as a weapon.

"A mop?"

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:00:07 PM
"Sure. Anything's a weapon if used creatively."

He wrings it out and spins it a few times making a few feints at the mop bucket.

"I shouldn't go around sayin' that kinda stuff though...it's not the most Jedi-like thing to tell people."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:02:16 PM
Her eyes follow his moments and she raises an eyebrow at the mention of the word "Jedi."

"You're a Jedi? What you doing way out here?"

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:05:04 PM
"Spending time with the folks," he replies, watching the mop as he makes a few more moves. "I'm the son of the captain by way of adoption. Also, I've got Padawans that need some real-world experience. They're almost through training, which means that soon they'll get to go do some actual stuff."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:06:52 PM
"Hmm, I can hardly use the force myself..."

She smiles a little though, she can do something he can't though.

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:10:55 PM
He sighs again, going back to his cleaning duties.

"Sometimes the Force can be a pain in the rear. I envy Force-insensitive people; they don't need to worry half so much about darkside tendencies and right and wrong...they just do what they want and not worry about it. Every move I make could lead to the darkside. It's even harder when I have to fight, especially if I need to protect someone."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:13:55 PM
'Don't have anyone to protect myself, my family is gone..."

She looked down at the floor at the mention of her family, she didn't like to think about it.

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:17:12 PM
"You're welcome here. Pops won't mind at all, though May might have a problem if you hit on the comm officer."

He dithers a few moments with the mop bucket.

"I won't mind it either...I...I could get you better quarters if you stayed on for a while..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:20:43 PM
She smiled softly, noticing the nervous tone in his voice, she wouldn't mind that one bit.

"Everyone else fair game besides the officer?"

One thing was always for sure about Eris, she never beat around the bush about things, her questions were always direct and to her point.

Zeke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:25:58 PM
"Yeah. Not a married man or woman here. The lot of 'em go out to the bars and clubs when we put in to port...lookin' to find someone interested in the 'pirate's life', as Pops would say. I just hang around the ship...going out usually means breaking up street fights and stopping muggings...I don't get much of a break nowadays. Once they're through learning to fight the Padawans will go out and do the community service when we land."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:39:52 PM
She sighed, he missed her hinting.

"Hmm, sounds interesting."

She says quietly while fiddling with the charm on her necklace, a habit she does when thinking.

Zeke
Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:22:13 AM
He gets a distinct feeling of having done something wrong. She sounds disappointed. His mopping picks up, going faster and sloppier as his focus divides itself between mopping, dragging the bucket, and making amends with Eris. He's at a loss for words, so he just keeps quiet. Something will present itself. At least, he hopes so.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:04:14 PM
She watches, still fiddling idly with her necklace, her thoughts wandering, thinking maybe a little garou run could be fun.

"So...."

She starts but doesn't get any farther than that.

Zeke
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:07:38 PM
"So," he repeats, mind grabbing frantically for an idea, a thought, something to rekindle the mostly-dead conversation. "Got anything you need to do?"

Eris Alexiel
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:15:50 PM
"No, can't say that I do, just a wanderer really...you?"

Her murky brown eyes searched his, as though hinting something.

Zeke
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:20:59 PM
"Well, if you're not busy, we could have dinner...I could introduce you to Pops and see if he'd let you stay on longer, as either crew or just a guest."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:38:59 PM
"Sounds good to me..."

Was better than sitting around lonely as she usually did.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 06:51:06 AM
"Well, it's settled then. What's your room? I'll come get you and we can go down to the galley together. Tonight's potluck dinner; means the cooks're gonna do whatever they want and see what happens to it. They say the ingredients and stuff are just randomly chosen, but all it means is they found a recipe they haven't tried to make yet."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 01:24:43 PM
Eris giggled softly and smiled sweetly.

"Sounds good, what number was it again? Ah yes, 21."

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 01:30:17 PM
"Gotcha," Zeke acknowledges, reaching the end of the hall. "On to the galley. Gotta have the floor clean enough to eat off of before dinner. So I guess I'll see you later. Unless you wanna chase me around the ship while I do chores..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 01:34:29 PM
She laughed softly at the mention of chase.

"Could be fun, would get it done faster too."

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:42:03 PM
"Eh? How would having you tag along make it faster? There's only this one mop on the whole ship..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:48:04 PM
"Um, I could help with other things?"

She shrugs and giggles softly, nervous again.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:51:13 PM
"Hm. Sure. There's a broom in the galley. I hafta sweep it before I can mop. If you wanna do that, you're welcome to, but I won't make you. Really you shouldn't have to do anything as a passenger."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:53:48 PM
"A little work never hurt anyone...."

She saunters off to the galley, looking back at him once before moving on. She returns with the broom moments later.

"Where haven't you been yet?"

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:56:29 PM
"Everywhere. I've not touched the galley at all."

Zeke pushes the mop bucket into the back rooms, to where the sinks for washing dishes are.

"I'll be right back; I need to get some clean water."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:02:32 PM
"K.."

She says quietly, beginning to sweep the galley though her eyes watched for his return. She caught herself doing so and smiled. Why is he having this effect on me I wonder? She thought to herself.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:09:31 PM
Zeke dumps the bucket and refills the water, adding the soap at the last and wheeling it back out to Eris. He keeps running into things, not looking where he's going. He's watching her instead.

He finds where she's been working and follows along slowly, taking a minute to get his composure and figure out what to say next.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:13:38 PM
She smiles as she catches him watching her before blushing and looking down at the floor to her work. She's also searching for the right words but coming up with nothing.

"So..."

She tries again, worked the last time.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:17:47 PM
"So..." he repeats, casting about for something. He's tempted to talk something he knows, but that'd mean he'd hafta talk about himself. He wants to talk about her. "Uh...what's your home planet?"

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:20:37 PM
"Eden...."

She looks up at she says this, wondering if he knew the planet and therefore what she was.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:28:46 PM
"Eden? Where's that? I've never been there before."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:32:56 PM
"It's near the Cizerack homeplanet, we have warred with them many a time. My family fought them and lost hence why I'm here now."

She smiled at least he didn't know what she was for now, the mere mention of Garou caused people to back away from her as if she were a monster.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 06:53:59 PM
"Cizeracks?" Zeke stops for a moment, leaning on his mop. "I've met a few Cizeracks. They weren't the best of people...alot of 'em tried to attack me. Then one of 'em has the balls to sit down at my table and have dinner with me, as if he hadn't tried to take my head off before." He shrugs. "No big deal, I guess. Doesn't bother me much anymore."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:27:09 PM
"They're odd animals, my family had sent me away briefly so I missed that war....and kept my life..."

She looked to the floor. Why am I telling him all this? I've never told a soul that.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:17:55 PM
"They had your best interests in mind," Zeke answers. "Don't feel sad for them. They wouldn't want it. They'd want you happy. That's why they sent you away to avoid the war."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:25:06 PM
"I still miss them though, feel so alone in this big universe sometimes."

She's so in her thoughts that she doesn't notice she's been sweeping the same spot for a few minutes.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:28:44 PM
Zeke shuffles up slowly, bumping her lightly with his rear end to get her moving again.

"That's understandable. I felt the same, for a long time."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:43:43 PM
When she turns to look at him, a tear falls down her cheek. She tries to wipe it away but she knows he already saw it.

Frack! I don't want to cry in front of him..

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:46:10 PM
"Hey..." he starts, eyes narrowing with worry. His smile wavers. "Hey...it's okay...don't cry..." Zeke's no good with comforting people; he's worried he may make it worse. "What's wrong...?"

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:51:42 PM
"Nothing, just remembering is all."

She leans more against the broom trying not to cry harder.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:55:36 PM
Zeke hesitates, wondering if he should hug her or put a hand on her shoulder. He puts the mop back in the bucket and turns to look at her.

"I'm so sorry..." is all he can say.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:01:04 PM
She makes a move instead, she hugs him and cries onto his shoulder before she realizes she's done it. When she does, she looks up, blushing a bit.

"Opps, I'm sorry..."

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:09:05 PM
He holds her, rubbing her back soothingly. Hey...it worked on him he was a kid...

"It's fine...don't worry about it."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:14:42 PM
She finds it odd that she doesn't want to move away, she sobs a little more as she rests her head on his shoulder.

"Guess I'm not over it yet huh?"

She giggles nervously but still doesn't move away.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:21:13 PM
"It's just fine...it took me four years to get over such loss."

He pats her back gently, guiding her to one of the long tables and settling her on it.

"If it makes you feel better, I can tell you about it."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:29:21 PM
"If you want but only if you want to."

Her tears have stopped for now but she doesn't want him to delve into his memories if they may still pain him.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:49:25 PM
"This isn't the original Happy Child. There was one ship before it with the same name. That's the ship I grew up on." He sighs. "Four years ago, when I was fifteen, the ship was raided by pirates. They killed the crew, pillaged the cargo bay, and tortured the passengers. I made my best attempt to stop them, but they laughed me off. They beat me with ease, broke all my limbs and ribs, then locked me in an airtight box and threw me out into space. I was found by a passing ship and saved, given medical treatment, and a new home, but the pain of that loss stayed with me for all those years."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:52:08 PM
"Sorry to hear that."

She says simply, watching his face.

Good job, Eris, made him sad too...soooo good at making friends....

She thought to herself, feeling bad again.

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:54:54 PM
"It's fine. Turns out I didn't fail as badly as I thought. Jhony and May got out because of my efforts, and we've revived the Happy Child."

He holds her out at arms length with a smile.

"Everything's fine now. We're just like we used to be."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:03:53 PM
She can't help but smile back, his smile is contagious.

"Good to know..."

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:06:16 PM
"Thaaaat's more like it," he says encouragingly. "They say smiling is good for you. That it lengthens lives and promotes good posture, or something..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:10:13 PM
She cants her head a little.

"Never heard that before..."

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:11:59 PM
Zeke scratches his head with embarrassment.

"Actually, I made it up," he admits, standing and stretching. "Gotta hop to. The galley needs to be clean in an hour."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:13:45 PM
'K"

She slides off the table and starts to head in one direction before turning around.

"Opps, broom is that way, silly me."

Zeke
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:20:04 PM
He runs right into her on his way to the mop, tripping her foreward. He catches her and pulls her up, hugging her to him and bringing her nose to nose with himself. He's looking right into her beautiful brown eyes. Oh boy...what to do...

Eris Alexiel
Sep 24th, 2003, 10:27:08 PM
She blinks but remains still, there's a come hither look in her eyes, silently asking him to make a move.

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 05:40:04 PM
He does, giving a quick kiss before scooting by to his mop bucket. Silently he goes back to work, feeling the rising urge to just leave it and go back to her.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 07:51:02 PM
She blushes and just stands there, momentarily stunned.

Did that just happen or did I imagine that?

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:05:50 PM
Zeke just mops on, whistling a quiet song to himself. Soon he's cleaned the entire galley, and just in time, too. The cooks arrive to begin dinner preparations, and Zeke pushes the mop bucket into the back, where it'll be out of the way.

"That's all for chores, at least until dinner's done. Afterward I need to go back to it. If they're not done by lights out I'll be in deep trouble."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:08:23 PM
She gets up from her spot on the table where she had been watching him.

"So now what?"

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:09:47 PM
"You're the guest, so it's your decision," Zeke answers. "We can do just about anything. Just name it."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:14:12 PM
Her mind is still thinking about a few moments ago but she thinks of something.

"Um, dinner I guess..."

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:17:54 PM
"We've got a while...anything you want to do to while away fifteen or twenty minutes?"

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:23:43 PM
She ponders a moment but comes up with nothing.

"Um, I dunno..."

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:28:39 PM
Zeke sits down on the edge of a bench seat, lying back and running his hands through his hair. His long braid trails the floor, making barely perceptible lines over the damp tile.

"I guess we can just chill here, then. Pops and May will be down soon, too. As Captain and Co-Captain they get to eat first."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:32:27 PM
"Sounds good."

She says quietly before sitting down next to him though not too close so she won't be too obvious.

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:42:49 PM
He pushes himself up the bench to rest his head against her lap, swinging his feet carefully, trying to see how close he can come to scuffing the floor. He's thinking on what to say next. He's got jitters, and it seems she does, too.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:46:14 PM
She leans back against the bench and cants her head a little in his direction.

"So.....having fun there?"

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:59:07 PM
"Yeah..." he replies airily, stretching his legs out. "I feel absolutely beat. I've been cleaning house since eight this morning, so it feels good to just lie down."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:06:20 PM
"Sounds tiring, perhaps I'll help you tomorrow too then."

She giggles a little nervously again.

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:08:59 PM
He stretches his arms up as he rolls to lie on his stomach, arms encompassing her and holding her as he exaggerates a yawn. "I think I could go to sleep right here..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:11:14 PM
She blushes a bit again but smiles softly.

"That tired hmm?"

She ruffles his hair a little in a playful way.

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:16:37 PM
"Yeah..." he turns his face to the side, looking over towards the entrance, and immediately shoots straight up to a rigid sitting position. Jhony and May are on the scene, and they've spotted him.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:19:46 PM
She bites her lip to keep from giggling then smiles at the new arrivals, they must be the ones he had been talking about. She wonders what they saw but stays quiet for now.

May Peris
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:29:52 PM
"Zeke, are you done with your chores yet?" May chides as she approaches. "You haven't been seducing this poor girl, have you?"

Apparently, they saw him lounging in Eris' lap. May's been given weeks and weeks worth of ammo for heckling him. On the other hand, her father, Jhony, is now armed to the teeth with a different kind of ammo; he's going to help his son win Eris' heart.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:32:41 PM
Eris blushes and leans back against the back of the bench.

Of all the ways to get caught.....

Jhony
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:45:09 PM
"May, you stay here an' have a li'l chat with our...lovely lady friend..." Jhony tips his hat to Eris as he pauses, gesturing and producing a rose from seemingly thin air. He takes in the flower's sweet scent and hands it to her with a charming smile. "I gotta have a talk with our first mate."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:47:13 PM
She takes the rose but looks nervously towards May.

Do I have to?

She thinks to herself, she just met Zeke and now she's gonna have a chat with this new girl?

Zeke
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:49:35 PM
Zeke looks just as embarrassed as Eris. More even, than Eris. He follows Jhony into the kitchen and to the back, feeling very aware of the ears straining to listen in on them.

"Dad, what do you think you're doing?" Zeke grumbles indignantly.

May Peris
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:53:39 PM
May sits up on the tabletop, looking down at Eris with an appraising look. The passenger is certainly good-looking, but will she treat the Co-Captains older brother with the love and respect he deserves? She means to find it out.

"I'm May Peris," she says kindly. "I apologize for my father's behavior. He thinks himself to be a lady's man."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 25th, 2003, 09:56:32 PM
Eris was watching where Zeke had disappeared to before turning at the sound of May's voice.

"So I gathered, no problem though."

She looked to the floor, what was she to talk about with this new woman?

"I'm Eris, Eris Alexiel."

Jhony
Sep 26th, 2003, 10:24:40 AM
"I'm helpin' ya. It's about time you picked up a girlfriend, m'boy, and I won't let this'n get away from ya!"

He loops an arm around Zeke's shoulders in a conspiratorial fashion.

"You hafta be smooth, calm. Play up your strengths and buy her flowers and chocolate, and remember..."

Zeke
Sep 26th, 2003, 10:27:06 AM
"...she looks absolutely gorgeous, no matter what she's wearing," Zeke finishes, in an exact mimic of his father's mannerisms. "Yeah dad, you've only been drilling me with that since a girl first turned my head. Could you guys just PLEASE butt out this time? You're gonna embarrass her!"

May Peris
Sep 26th, 2003, 10:39:24 AM
"Hm...where were you going? I don't recall the destination on your passenger's forms..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 26th, 2003, 07:00:05 PM
"Never know where I'm headed is why..."

She says still watching the direction Zeke had left in, she can hear him faintly but not what he's saying.

May Peris
Sep 27th, 2003, 07:41:32 PM
"Oh, really?" May asks. "So...what're you gonna do when we land?"

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 07:44:59 PM
Eris shrugs, looking to the floor again, she doesn't know and these new developements are something to think about too.

"Haven't planned it out yet."

Jhony
Sep 27th, 2003, 07:54:03 PM
"So valiant!" Jhony exclaims with a proud smile. "That's m'boy! You should always consider the lady before yourself!"

In the kitchen, the cooks snicker...

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 08:01:07 PM
"POPS!" Zeke yells, loud enough to stop the chatter of the cooks. "Butt out!" he grumbles, feeling a sudden worry that perhaps Eris heard him.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 08:07:13 PM
Eris' head turns to the sound of Zeke yelling.

What's going on in there?

She wondered.

Jhony
Sep 27th, 2003, 08:49:37 PM
Jhony's face becomes stern, at least his mouth does. But behind his shades his eyes are still happy and proud.

"Go get 'er, son," he encourages, slapping Zeke between the shoulder blades and hurtling him out into the kitchen.

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 08:58:26 PM
Zeke stumbles out into the kitchen, where the first thing he encounters is his old mop bucket. He steps on it, sending it rolling into a rack of spices. His forward momentum goes on and he flies past a cook's head, catching a spatula and a cooking fork as his own cranium shakes them from a shelf.

These he uses to cross the long stovetop, which sizzles with the cooking roast that is to be tonight's dinner. He's almost there when he slips; his hand burns and he launches himself onto the counter, scooping up two bowls of appetizers and sliding onto a rolling cart bearing two tall coolers holding tea.

"Hi," he says as if nothing happened at all, flashing a smile as he rolls to a stop in front of the women. "Got side dishes for ya." he holds out the two bowls, offering their contents to them. Saltine crackers and fries.

"Smooth, Romeo, real smooth..." comes a voice from his worrying mind.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:03:51 PM
She smiles softly, bitting her lower lip so she won't giggle.

"Thanks Zeke..."

May Peris
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:09:03 PM
May declines the bowls, but takes them and sets them on the table to lift the burden from Zeke's arms. Her hands brush the back of his as she pries his death grip from them, noticing him wince.

"Somethin' the matter?" she asks. "You and daddy didn't fight, did you?"

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:12:51 PM
"Nah, he just had somethin' to say about the moppin'," Zeke answers, placing his hands on his knees. The back of his right hand is bright red from where it hit the stove, but he hasn't seen it yet.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:14:36 PM
Eris notices though, reaching for his hand carefully.

"What did you do to your hand?"

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:18:58 PM
"Hand?" he asks, voice squeaking with his nervousness. He thought he'd done a good job of playing it off! "Uh, nothing, its fine..." But even as he says it, he catches a look at it. It's almost as red as his shirt.

Jhony
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:21:34 PM
Jhony catches May's attention and calls her over with a wave of his hand, murmuring silent cheers and advice at Zeke.

"Don't play it off, don't play it off...c'mon, be level with 'er...Hey May," he says, picking up his voice a little as his daugher arrives. "Leave 'em alone. That's a Captain's order."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:27:40 PM
"Doesn't look fine to me....."

She says, not letting go as she examines it a bit more. It worries her a bit so she doesn't want to let him pass it off as nothing.

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:31:57 PM
"I...I burned it on the stove when I was getting the food," he admits. "I slipped when I tried to balance on the spatula...didn't hit the stove with it right..." he mumbles, thinking on the scene he made in the kitchen. "You'd think I'd have tripped with the cooking fork..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:38:33 PM
"Hmm, any ice or bacta around here?"

She asks, she wants to fix it somehow.

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:41:05 PM
"There's ice in the ice machines," Zeke says, pointing at the soda fountains. "And I think the cooks might have something we can make an icepack with, but I'm fine. Really, I am," he insists, feeling Jhony's stare. He could swear he also heard May giggle...

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:45:07 PM
She sighs and grabs his other hand, starting to lead him over to the nearest ice machine.

"Can't leave something like that alone."

She says quietly as she puts some of the ice over it, keeping it there by cupping her hand over his.

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:49:05 PM
He looks to the floor, feeling very foolish.

"Thanks..." he murmurs. "I dunno what I thought I was doing...though I guess, in retrospect, it was pretty impressive that I managed to do it..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:53:02 PM
"Your welcome, I guess it was.."

She smiles warmly at him though she knows they're still being watched.

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:57:09 PM
Jhony shoves May back into the kitchen as Zeke turns his head to look over his shoulder.

"Huh. Not anymore..." he mutters. "It's about time...I wish I knew why they're so interested in my love life...I always thought they'd be more curious to know about the Jedi Temple and stuff...I kept expecting them to ask for demonstrations of the Force, but all they wanna know is if I'm single or not...sheesh."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:01:24 PM
"Probably just want you to be happy..."

She noticed what he had said but didn't bring attention to it.

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:07:10 PM
"I'd be happier if they'd just leave us two alone with each other," he mumbles, looking down to check his burn. "Take the ice off, let's see how it's doing." He can't feel it burning anymore; now its starting to be too cold for him.

He takes her hand in his good one and pulls it away, turning it over so he can hold it.

"Watch this..."

Zeke flicks his burned hand, catapulting the ice cubes high enough to brush the ceiling. He catches them and turns his hand over, giving it a cursory glance. It doesn't look much better, but he's certainly feeling alot better.

"Feels great. Thanks Eris..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:17:40 PM
"Good to know, your welcome..."

She blushes softly again, she didn't get close to anyone too often, her eyes drift to the floor not quick enough for him not to notice her blush though.

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:26:11 PM
He stretches, taking two glasses.

"Want somethin' to drink?" he asks. "I'm having tea, myself, but it's important to serve you first."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:28:55 PM
"Anything is fine."

Eris has never been too picky, she hazards a look up at him, her face doesn't feel hot anymore.

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:31:39 PM
He pretends he hasn't noticed her blushing and goes to the tea, filling both glasses and setting them at their table.

"Have a seat. I wanna talk to you about something..."

His voice takes its nervous edge back. He's almost embarrassed to ask her this...

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:36:10 PM
She sits down at the table, wondering what he wants to know.

"What do you want to know?"

Zeke
Sep 27th, 2003, 11:00:26 PM
"Well...if you've got no particular place worth going to...I'd like if you stayed here," he says, turning red and staring deep into his glass.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 27th, 2003, 11:02:59 PM
She chokes a little on the sip of tea she had been drinking, coughing softly before she blushes as red as him.

"I'd like that..."

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 06:07:10 PM
Zeke smiles a bit more, patting her back to stop the coughing.

"We're outta crew's quarters, so you'd keep the room you've got. And don't worry about Dad making you do work around the ship; I'll handle that."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:14:26 PM
"Sounds good, though I don't mind helping you..."

She smiles nervously, should've said just helping....real smooth.

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:28:38 PM
"Actually, if I do it right you shouldn't have to do any chores, and I shouldn't pick up any more than I already have," Zeke answers. "You'll just live on-ship and do what you want."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:35:27 PM
"K."

She says quietly since it seemed he wasn't going to let her. She looks to the door for moment to check for Johnny and May before resting her head on his shoulder, faking tired.

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:45:47 PM
He puts one arm around her shoulder squeezing it gently with a sigh.

"Today's been one o' those days..." he mumbles, leaning back against her. "How're you feeling, Eris?"

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:47:16 PM
She blushes a little again.

"Fine, just tired, long day...."

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:50:04 PM
"Poor thing," Zeke murmurs. "Pops and May didn't help it at all, did they? I'll make sure they don't jump your case anymore. They can't bug you just because they saw you sitting in here with me."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:52:33 PM
"Yep."

She says softly, closing her eyes a bit, here with him was feeling like a nice place to be.

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:04:29 PM
Zeke drinks a little more of his tea, listening to the banging of the doors as the crew and passengers file in for dinner.

"Go get yourself something to eat, Eris. They made a roast of some description, with salad and vegetables for side dishes."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:06:53 PM
She looks up at him.

"What about you? You coming?"

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:14:15 PM
Zeke smiles.

"Nah, I always go last. It's...sorta necessary," he says vaguely, waving her towards the line. "Go on, get something. I'll be waiting for you right here."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:18:46 PM
She raises an eyebrow wondering what he meant by that as she got up before the crowd took her with them. After a bit, she returns, balancing the food she managed to get carefully most of being meat.

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:28:29 PM
Zeke stands as the line diminishes, squeezing her shoulders lightly.

"Eat up. They take it personal if you leave food on your plate."

He wanders over, taking two plates and spinning them on his fingers, whistling idly and placing them down. He loads the first one with roast and the second with the vegetables; mashed potatoes and some form of beans or peas. He walks back and seats himself, beginning to cut the roast into little bits, hands flying fast with the speed of Force.

"There are no seconds on this ship," Zeke comments, piling some roast bits atop his mound of vegetables.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:31:41 PM
She gawks a little at how fast he moves before cutting into her own.

"I think I got enough..."

She giggles softly, her transformed state would've called for much more but in her normal she ate an average amount if not a little bit more.

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:36:14 PM
Zeke has finished cutting his roast within the next minute or two, and starts mixing the whole of it together in a big mound of potatoes, peas, and roast.

"Good. I got all the rest of it."

He starts to eat it, careful of his usual sloppy table manners in order to not make a bad impression on her.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:44:44 PM
She sticks her tongue out a little at his mixing before starting to eat her roast, it's cooked more than she would've liked but she doesn't mind, she doubts they would do raw.

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:51:04 PM
They eat together in silence for a few minutes, surrounded by the hum of the cafeteria. Jhony's table explodes with laugher as he tips his hat to an embarrassed-looking passenger girl, who quickly retreats with the salt shaker she borrowed.

"Dad's got his mack on again..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:52:57 PM
She cants her head a little.

"Is he always like that?"

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:56:39 PM
"Mostly," Zeke admits. "He's got a good heart though. Most girls don't--"

He catches himself talking with his mouth full and quickly shuts up, swallowing his mouthfull before continuing.

"Most girls don't seem to mind; they find him funny or charming, but no one would ever take him seriously."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:57:56 PM
She shivers softly.

"Creeps me out a little that one..."

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:04:54 PM
"Sorry to hear it," he replies, scooping up another spoonful of his dinner. "He's really a nice guy; just give him a little time."

The girl that borrowed the salt cautiously approaches, setting Jhony's table into another fit of snickering. Jhony takes the shaker with a smile and mutters something, shutting up the members of his table and setting a bright smile on the girl's face.

"Slam..." Zeke murmurs.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:08:42 PM
"Hmm.."

She says softly, noticing their own table is empty except for the two of them. Are we that obvious? She wonders.

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:12:37 PM
"No sign of the Padawans..." Zeke murmurs, casting his eyes around. "I'd have thought they'd have shown up at least..."

He looks back to her with a raised brow and eyes full of concern.

"Something the matter? Heh, I'll bet I'm talking too much..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:20:11 PM
"Just thinking is all..."

She says, smiling back at him. She's done with her meal so that's the truth.

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:26:05 PM
Zeke could be done too, if he'd just eat as usual, but he's taking care not to do something rude. For whatever reason, he's afraid to be himself, at least as far as dinner's concerned. As he's worrying about his table manners, and planning on touching them up, he's hit with a sudden, terrible thought.

"I've not cleaned my room or done laundry in almost a week..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:28:06 PM
She giggles softly, catching the thought by accident with the force.

"Really now?"

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:29:05 PM
"Really what?" he asks, not realizing she's caught it.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:31:31 PM
"Your room and clothes are a mess? I can use the force too ya know."

She ruffles his hair lightly.

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:34:41 PM
His face turns red enough to match his shirt.

"Um...yeah..." he mumbles. "I...erm...I don't have visitors ever, so I don't feel any motivation to keep the place in order...besides, I like having a little mess in my room..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:35:52 PM
"Hmm, wouldn't mind seeing it myself."

Zeke
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:38:35 PM
"No, no no no no..." Zeke protests, dropping his fork and turning to look at her. His eyes are pure worry, but somehow, his smile hasn't twitched. "It's absolutely terrible. Womp rats are building colonies under my bed, it's such a mess..." Of course, they aren't REALLY womp rats...but that's what May said the day before about the state of his bedroom.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:41:25 PM
'Heh, I'm curious now...it can't be all that bad."

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 08:17:46 PM
Zeke sags almost visibly, shooting her a pleading look.

"Do we have to?" he half-whines, hoping she'll say "no".

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 08:19:48 PM
"It can't be that bad..."

She shoots him a please look back.

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 08:27:13 PM
"Yeah it can..." he mumbles, but the argument's over. He's decided to show her anyway. "Whenever I'm finished we'll go," he says at last, picking away at the food on his plate. Suddenly, he's not quite so hungry, but he can't just leave the food there.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 08:34:31 PM
She smiles at him before noticing the crew eyeing them again.

'Almost done?"

She asks, she doesn't mean it to hurry him up but the stares she's getting are starting to irk her a little.

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 08:37:48 PM
He speeds up a little, using the Force to get the food in before he can feel tempted to throw it out. Telekinetics send the plates onto the moving racks for dirty dishes and he stands, stretching and yawning as he heads for the door.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 08:57:31 PM
She sets her own dishes in the moving rack as well before following him, all too aware of the eyes watching them still but she guessed she would have to get used it in time.

"So I take it not many people see your room?"

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 08:59:46 PM
"No one except May and Pops," Zeke replies, lacing his fingers together and resting his hands against the back of his neck. "But they only see it when they feel like breaking in and stopping me from sleeping late. You'll be the first that's not family to see."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:06:50 PM
"Hmm, interesting..."

She says softly, her eyes looking to him from time to time as they walked, she's debating on when to tell him she's a Garou, she doesn't want it to ruin things later if she waits too long.

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:15:59 PM
His room is in the top of the ship, where the Captain's quarters are. The whole thing is set up thusly: They walk into the living room. Connecting to it is Jhony's room, which is L-shaped. The kitchen is next to the living room, and from it May and Zeke's rooms branch off. Zeke walks straight across to his room and pushes the door open, catching the lightswitch.

"Home sweet home..." he mutters, looking around. The floor is littered with clothes, some dirty waiting to be cleaned, but most clean and not put away properly. His cardboard box is upside down in a corner, supporting a holoscreen and a video game console. The walls don't have much decoration to speak of, save for his weapons mounted over the holoscreen.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:27:11 PM
She looks around a bit, it was a typical room, her own at home had been like this.

"Seems nice and homey."

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:32:53 PM
"That's why it's home," he replies with a tired sigh, kicking his shoes in random directions and flopping over onto the bed, face up and shielding his eyes from the light with the bend of his elbow.

"This is the best place on the ship, apart from the cargo bay. At least I think so."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:45:24 PM
She lays down beside him though a bit nervously not sure if she should.

'Hmm, I'll have to check that out later..."

She yawns softly.

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:47:28 PM
"It's full of boxes...makes a great maze and training area. I used to play there when I was a kid. Still do, sometimes," he admits, not minding her lying next to him. He's got no other furniture, so it's not like there's much choice.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:52:11 PM
Differed from her childhood games of chasing small animals in her Garou form a lot. She chuckled softly at the thought.

"Guess we had some different times then when young..."

She says, she wants to tell him about being a Garou and might as well lightly add it in.

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:57:04 PM
"What'd you do? May and I used to take some of the crew's kids out to the cargo bay and play games. The workmen took the chance to teach us some of the trade business while we were there."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:00:43 PM
"Played "hunt" mostly...but games differ when you're also a Garou like me."

She winces, hoping he wouldn't react badly to her like everyone else when they found out.

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:05:53 PM
Garou.

"Garou."

Garou. The word echoes in his heart and mind, bringing up to the surface memories he'd wished he could forget. He sits up and settles her comfortably against the wall, taking her hand with a pleading look.

"Eris...I have an important favor to ask..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:09:36 PM
She's watching his eyes, seeing the saddened look within them, worrying that she's ruined things again.

"What?"

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:16:46 PM
"You have to stay on this ship with me. You have to promise not to transform in cities, and always stay with me when we land, no matter what planet it is."

His voice and eyes are anxious, and he's clasped her hand without knowing it.

"Please, you hafta let me protect you!"

He failed this once, and won't have it happening again.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:24:29 PM
She's confused but nods her head.

"I will."

She hugs him with her free hand, something about the look in his eyes makes her want to make him feel better and make it go away.

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:26:52 PM
He holds her close, muttering quietly with his eyes shut tight against the onrushing tide of memory. He'll stop it from happening again, he'll defend Eris, she'll be safe and happy...

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:36:08 PM
She kisses his neck softly, trying to will away his troubles. She's upset him she knows though she doesn't know why and she wants to have him smile again.

"It'll be okay..."

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:37:55 PM
"You're going to live in here with me," he says defiantly. "I'm not going to let you die..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:40:39 PM
It dawns upon her now but she doesn't say anything about it, trying to comfort him still.

"I won't leave your side if I can help it."

Zeke
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:42:13 PM
"You'll live...you're going to be safe and happy. I'm going to see to it," he murmurs, voice shaking. "I'm not gonna fail at protecting anyone ever again."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:52:46 PM
She hugs him closer, nuzzling his neck softly.

"Everything will be fine..."

Zeke
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:50:27 AM
After a long while, Zeke sits back from Eris and leans on the wall with a tired sigh.

"...sorry..." he mumbles. "It's...a long story. Not one I imagine you'd enjoy. Its childish of me to get so bent out of shape over it, but I just..."

Zeke sighs, unable to figure out how he should explain his fear of failure in the defense of others.

Eris Alexiel
Sep 30th, 2003, 02:16:47 PM
"I'll listen if you wish...."

She says before leaning her head on his shoulder, she was curious about it anyway. It had to be something big to cause the reaction it had.

Zeke
Sep 30th, 2003, 06:33:47 PM
"Pops says I've always been sort of a prideful kid. I never liked to lose, but could take it in stride if I did and play it off. It always went that way for most of my life. Things came and went, stuff happened, and I let it go by without letting it all get to me. Before she died, May's mom called me her "proud little tiger"...she and Pops loved the boundless self-confidence I always carried."

He draws his knees up and sighs.

"Went that way all the time, 'til I was fifteen. We got raided, and the crew was killed. Except me, b'cuz I could fight, and I tried to protect them. They threw me into space in that cardboard box over there," he says with a gesture. "It took four years to get over that loss. Once I was over it, I wiped the slate clean. Went to GJO and earned my second chance. And again, things were going fine, until I met a pretty little Garou girl."

Zeke looks at Eris, eyes burning with suppressed sorrow, but his smile hasn't flickered.

"We got along great. I felt I loved her, and I enjoyed being with her. She could help my worries just by being there, and I swore to myself that I'd protect her...but things don't always go as they should. I never knew she was a Garou. So, when I was called in by the Coruscant Watch to help in the capture of a rabid stray dog, I had no idea I was chasing her. She was shot, cornered in an alleyway between me and the officer I was partnered with. Had I known...oh, if I'd only known...if I had tried harder to stop the guy from shooting to kill..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:39:29 PM
"You couldn't have known better since she didn't tell you....in a way, I'm glad I said it right off."

Zeke
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:42:02 PM
"Me too," he murmurs.

He shuts his eyes for a moment and when he opens them, he's smiling again, happy as can be.

"So, whaddaya wanna do? I can't have you sitting around bored. I wouldn't be a good host if I allowed that."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:47:25 PM
"I'm not bored at all."

She smiles back at him, she felt fine in his presence.

Zeke
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:49:09 PM
"If you say so," Zeke answers. "We've got the holo if you wanna watch somethin'. Otherwise there's not alot to do, unless you're into holo games."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:07:19 PM
She yawned softly, she has a tired look about her now.

"Whatever you want to do is fine."

Zeke
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:11:59 PM
"Really I'd like to sleep," he confesses. "I've been up since way early, and I feel like I'm about to fall apart. I've done inventory and mopped and paperwork for the passenger registrations and people's laundry..."

He heaves a tired sigh and flops over on his side.

"They work poor Zeke too hard, they do..."

Eris Alexiel
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:19:07 PM
She flops down too, though a little harder and doesn't answer him, she's fallen asleep right there after she had spoken last.

Zeke
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:40:15 PM
Carefully Zeke pulls back the sheets and tosses them over her, situating her head on the pillow. He tosses all the clean laundry into a heap in the corner, settling himself in it with a sigh. He smiles over at her before shutting his eyes and falling into a deep sleep.