PDA

View Full Version : Halloween update (Halloween costume ideas here)

Charley
Sep 22nd, 2003, 07:39:51 PM
The time is nearly upon us. In 5 short weeks, things will once again go bump in the night, and all hell will break loose >D

Anyway, I've been hard at work getting ready for the evil hallows eve, and here's what I've got so far:

Garments

One (1) Black leather jacket: Check
One (1) Black shirt: Check
One (1) Black belt: Check
One (1) Grey-black Jeans: Check
Two (2) Black boots: Check
One (1) black leather stainless steel spiked bracelet: Check
One (1) black leather stainless steel crucifix bracelet: Check
One (1) black leather dog collar with 20 stainless steel hoops: Check
Two (2) small steel chains with clips: Not purchased yet
One (1) steel serpent ring: Check

Effects:

Four (4) acrylic werewolf fangs, 2 adjacent per side, 2 pieces total, custom fit: Check
Two (2) Woochie form-fit latex werewolf ears: Check
One (1) Woochie form-fit wolf muzzle: Check
Two (2) werewolf hands OR ten (10) black press-on nail tips: Not purchased yet
Two (2) Werewolf feet: Not purchased yet

Makeup:

One (1) Compact Brown makeup: Check
One (1) Compact Black makeup: Check
One (1) Tube Gel blood: Check
Two (2) Jars Spirit gum: Check
One (1) Jar Spirit gum remover: Check
One (1) Tube Hard-up super styling gel: Check

I'm doing pretty well. Only a few more purchases left to make before my costume is complete. If anybody has seen pictures of my last werewolf costume, this will easily be an improvement.

Who else is dressing up for Halloween, be it for trick or treating, or for partying, or simply to be weird.

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2003, 07:42:09 PM
I'm going to be a lifeless drone. Zombie? No, geek ;)

Crystal
Sep 22nd, 2003, 07:59:07 PM
Mmm.. weird.

I'm most likely dressing up, just for hanging out and stealing little kid's candy.. you know. ;) j/k :)

I'm not sure what as yet, though.. I'm thinking a victorianish vampire, trying to find something to use as a faux corset since I can't afford the few hundred they seem to sell for :uhoh

Also, not sure about what to wear under it, really.. probaly a black long skirt and if I can find some victorian looking top to go with it.

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:21:13 PM
I don't know what I'm dressing up as yet. Maybe Death.

Park Kraken
Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:42:25 PM
I'm probaly going to get a whole bunch of fake tattoos, a lotta green face paint, cut my hair short, get some golden scales, a whip decorated like a snake with fangs, some pouches, and other things, and go as.......Kraken domain Lah!!! The New Warmaster! Just envision me wearing a loincloth out in open public!

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:32:04 PM
I'm going to be a Black Mage like out of the Final Fantasy series! I got the hat and the pants, and some gloves, boots, and all I'm missing now is yellow eye contacts and a large cloak.

Phantom
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:39:31 PM
I will be doing the same thing I have been doing for many years. Kidnapping small childred as they come to my door eager for some sort of treat, but there will be no treats for them these year, no instead this year I shall feast upon them and their hearts ......

Or just get drunk. Maybe take out my little brother and sister. It's all still up in the air though.

Crystal
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:43:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth Phantom
Or just get drunk. Maybe take out my little brother and sister. It's all still up in the air though.

Don't get drunk and then take them out.. especially if you're driving! ;)

Charley
Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:49:15 PM
I'm definitely getting drunk. Nobody likes a sober werewolf :cool

Zasz Grimm
Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:19:46 AM
Nice man. I would go as something, but I seriously don't know what to go as.

And I do have the money to buy stuff...just..have to figure something out.

Azhure Darkstone
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:31:18 AM
Wish we had Halloween in Aussie Land. Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

Salem Ave
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:31:45 AM
You could just start dressing up on Halloween and start the tradition, Az ;)

I won't be going out, sadly. I haven't been for years now, although we have lots of little kids in our street so I might pull out the Freddy Kreuger glove and give them a fright. Or I could go as Elena, in human form :lol

Lord Vali
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:41:26 AM
Im probably gonna head over to a friends house who lives in a subdivision, and scare trick or treaters and play PS2. Might go get a buncha TP and roll the local police station (i'll get pics if I do)

Peter McCoy
Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:02:03 AM
Unless I go to a party or the Krazyhouse, I won't be dressing up.

If I do dress up - maybe John Lithgow or Marilyn Manson.

Angelica Shin
Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:58:52 AM
I have two costume ideas.

Speedy Cerviche of Samurai Pizza Cats, which'll have to make myself.

Or a Cafetieria Pirate.

Whichever one is easier.

Alpha
Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:15:52 AM
I have to figure out a good costume for this year...Hmm...Maybe an insane asylum patient?

Miryan no Trunks
Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:21:38 AM
Well, I'm glad not everyone is as unimaginative as me, and going as Jason ^_^

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:37:57 AM
Dam I wanted to go as Jason! :cry

Razielle Shadana
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:46:57 PM
*cracks knuckles*

Okay reguarding the Victorian Vamp thing. If you can't find a cheap corset between now and then, what you get in its place is a cheap black tube top. Cut shoe lace type hole's in the side's and lace them up with black ribbon.

It works. I've done it.

I shall as always be a Vamp. I have like 6 costumes now, might as well right? Although for my kids sake I briefly considered being Professor McGonagall. But then I reclaimed my senses.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:47:57 PM
rofl... "Lemon Sherbet!"

Peter McCoy
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:30:24 PM
Sherbet lemon! Fool! :p

Crystal
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:32:52 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Dam I wanted to go as Jason! :cry

I went as jason and freddy both, diffrent years when I was a wittle kid. :D

No fairy princess for me ;)

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:52:25 PM
I think I'm gonna have a vote on what I should wear this year, I have too many options. :)

*Sigh* Such is the life of an obsessive seamstress.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:52:56 PM
:mischief seamstress...

:lol I will never be able to take that seriously, thanks to Pratchett

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:54:34 PM
There were 200 seamstresses in the Guild of Seamstresses, and two needles. :p

Crystal
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:55:58 PM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
I think I'm gonna have a vote on what I should wear this year, I have too many options. :)

*Sigh* Such is the life of an obsessive seamstress.

I need to move in with you, and get a whip and force you to make me stuff :cry

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:02:48 PM
Uh.... no, no, and yes if you pay me. :)

Xela Oxralad
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:32:08 PM
I'm being Lau Lu Cruz from Gundam: SeeD.
If you don't know SeeD then think of him as Char/Zechs with shorter, curlier hair, white suit, and fancier mask.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:33:07 PM
Originally posted by Xela Oxralad
I'm being Lau Lu Cruz from Gundam: SeeD.
If you don't know SeeD then think of him as Char/Zechs with shorter, curlier hair, white suit, and fancier mask.

HAHAHAHAHA

Lok s'Ilancy-Millard
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:34:48 PM
i dun get it :|

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:38:39 PM
It would be like me dressing up as 1980's Prince, except lacking the sex appeal, or something.

That, and Gundam sucks so much.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:44:33 PM
Originally posted by Diego Van Derveld
It would be like me dressing up as 1980's Prince, except lacking the sex appeal, or something.

That, and Gundam sucks so much. Yep.

I doubt I'm doing anything for Halloween this year. :\

Lok s'Ilancy-Millard
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:51:05 PM
oh. i see :|

that doesnt bring a good mental image to mind

and as for me and halloween, im right there with you morg

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:56:25 PM
I need a victim for my party ;)

James Prent
Sep 23rd, 2003, 05:07:10 PM
I think I'm going to a halloween party. I have to locate a good costume shop and see about renting something neato. I think I'll be a wench.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 23rd, 2003, 05:10:43 PM
I just priced yellow wolfie contacts...sixty bucks :cry

And not even in my prescription.

Lady Vader
Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:19:40 PM
Although for my kids sake I briefly considered being Professor McGonagall. But then I reclaimed my senses.

Thank goodness you came to your sense, or I would have had to smack ya! :lol :)

As for myself, I'll be dressing up as Arwen for work (has to be something decent and appropriate for work... yadda yadda), pointy ears and all.

But for later that evening, I will be dressing up in my LV costume, which also looks like a catwoman cosume or vamp-a-la-tight-pleather-with-boots costume.
If I carry my saber, then ppl see me as a Sith... if I don't carry my saber, ppl either guess I'm catwoman or a vamp.

Works for me. :D

Jade Doment
Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:48:00 PM
I might dress in something midevil (sp?) and will definately take EJ for treats whether I can afford a costume for myself or not. Most likely break myself on her Halloween stuff first....lol

Ace McCloud
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:02:52 PM
One word: Camo :lol

Er actually...a few more words: Can't go because he has a football game to play. :D

Crystal
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:03:54 PM
Originally posted by James Prent
I think I'm going to a halloween party. I have to locate a good costume shop and see about renting something neato. I think I'll be a wench.

I have a renfaire outfit I should wear and be a wench as well.. but I still need to buy a slip so you can't see through it :eek ...and I dont't wanna dress up as a wench, I already did that for the last two ren faires :(

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:15:44 PM
Here's my choices:

-Renaissance middle-class woman (consisting of corset, chemise, kirtle, overdress, and all accessories)

-Jedi (consisting of tunics, pants and belt, no saber yet.)

or -Elf (Consisting of a cream-colored underdress with 'angel' sleeves, and a forest green overdress)

Right now, I'm torn between my Ren stuff and my Elf costume... Both are very nice looking, and both are about the same amount of comfort level. Any suggestions? Y'all need pictures to vote or something? :)

Ace McCloud
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:18:03 PM
well if you cant decide between those two just go with whats in the middle, or dont go at all =P

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:19:12 PM
Or go and wear nothing at all

(Lady Godiva option...add horse)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:19:22 PM
Pictures!!!

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:22:14 PM
hehe :) Charley you crack me up.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:25:18 PM
Ack Charley and I posted at the same time...I wasn't asking for pictures of the Lady Godiva option >_<

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:27:54 PM
Oh good. :p

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:29:07 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Ack Charley and I posted at the same time...I wasn't asking for pictures of the Lady Godiva option >_<

YOU TOTALLY WERE AND YOU KNOW IT!

You were just looking for a convenient way to get me to ask first.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:46:30 PM
Uh, I'm not sure if I should be frightened or flattered... ;)

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:59:53 PM
Be both!

And for Halloween, be the Middle class Renaissance woman.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:06:54 PM
Ok!

The Wei has spoken! :)

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:24:14 AM
Originally posted by Azhure Darkstone
Wish we had Halloween in Aussie Land. Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

NO NO NO. Anyone daring to trick or treat within 5 km of my place will get The Basher(*) wrapped around the ears.

(* - The Basher, or to give it's politically incorrect name, Wog Basher, is a 1 meter long hardwood pole, extremely solid and covered in hard plastic. It's used to bash the hell out of anything on the car that needs it or to vent frustration on unsuspecting people. It is a device passed on down in my family - Great grandfather had it, Gradfather had it, dad had it, now I do. Maybe one day i'll have a child to hand it onto ** )

(** - that wasn't made up. For some bizarre reason, Basher really IS a family heirloom. ***)

(*** - I have a weird family)

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 25th, 2003, 02:11:58 AM
Heh, that sounds pretty much like my family, actually. Except that we're more cunning at torturing trick-or-treaters. :D

A few years back, my older brother set himself up over by our front door with an old, scragly-sounding electric drill. He was out of the view of the door, but we'd open the door, start to hand out candy, and then he would fire it up loudly, leatting out a highly dramatic AAAARRRRGGHGHGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!

It worked great except for this poor little kid we got, who nearly started crying! We had to tell my brother to shut up, but the mom was still ticked. :) Oh well, another victim of family humor.

Figrin D'an
Sep 25th, 2003, 02:54:20 AM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
Heh, that sounds pretty much like my family, actually. Except that we're more cunning at torturing trick-or-treaters. :D

A few years back, my older brother set himself up over by our front door with an old, scragly-sounding electric drill. He was out of the view of the door, but we'd open the door, start to hand out candy, and then he would fire it up loudly, leatting out a highly dramatic AAAARRRRGGHGHGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!

It worked great except for this poor little kid we got, who nearly started crying! We had to tell my brother to shut up, but the mom was still ticked. :) Oh well, another victim of family humor.

pffft... if you can't handle a little scary Halloween fun, don't take the kids out for the treats, I say. :)

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 26th, 2003, 01:01:28 PM
Well, the kid was just a toddler, really. I could understand why his mom was ticked, but I do tend to agree with you.

Ryan Pode
Sep 26th, 2003, 09:11:41 PM
I'm going as a sousaphone player... cos we have a football game that day.