PDA

View Full Version : Daddy's Little Girls....(Yasmin, Quay'Na)

Cordell Le'Kray
Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:16:57 PM
Cordell Le'Kray smiled and smacked his hands together as the last of his shipment was taken from his cargo bay and placed on a delivery speeder.

It had been nearly a month since his last visit to Coruscant and that visit had been much too short. But, even then it had been enough time to be reunited with a daughter he thought he'd never see again...his Halindra. Or well, now known as Quay'Na Rakai.

This reunion would be the best ever, he had news...good news.

He hoped his one daughter, Yasmin had gotten closer to her twin while he was away.

With a smile on Cordell's face and spring in his step he left the hanger bay of one of Coruscants spaceports and hurried over to the Jedi bar. Where he was going to surprise his twin daughters.

He entered and gave his weapons to the guards and quickly found himself a booth and ordered a drink.

Cordell left a message for each of the twins to meet one another in the bar in about ten minutes. This was definitely going to be a great reunion for the three. He couldn't wait to see the look on their faces.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:49:47 PM
Yasmin quickly walked into the B&G. She nodded to the gaurds, letting them know she carried no weapons. She looked around and spotted her father. She made her way over to him and gave him a hug. Her dress had changed since the last time she saw him, she shirts were getting higher and higher while her skirts were getting longer and longer (except for when she was at work.) It seemed Quay'Na was rubbing off on her. "Hello Father. It's good to see you."

Cordell Le'Kray
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:05:20 PM
Cordell smiled at his daughter as he embraced her. "Yasmin, it's so good to see you. Please sit, my dear. Once your sister joins us, I have some rather great news to share." He smiled as they took a seat. "How have things gone with Hal...Quay'Na? Have the two of you gotten close?"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:36:58 PM
Yasmin took a seat and nodded. "Fairly close, under the circumstances. The first weeks were very rocky, but now roads are looking much smoother for us." She smiled to her father. "What's the new, Dad. I just can't wait til Quay'Na gets here, can ya give me a hint?" She smiled and winked at him.

Cordell Le'Kray
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:45:05 PM
Cordell smiled. "No hints, Yas. You'll know soon enough and trust me you'll like it, both of you will."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:13:37 PM
Padawan learner Quay'Na Rakai entered Yog's and looked for her twin sister, she saw her in a booth with a man and waved as she walked over.

It wasn't until she was right up to them that she saw who he was. "Dad!" Her voice exclaimed with excitement. "You're back!"

He stood and she hugged him.

Cordell Le'Kray
Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:21:12 PM
"Yes, my dear." Cordell said as he hugged her. It had been way too long. He let go of her and looked at her, tears were in her eyes, one slipped down her cheek.

He smiled and wiped it away. "I've come to tell you two some rather great news, please sit." He was beaming.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:42:42 AM
Quay'Na looked at Yasmin. "Did you know he was going to be here?" Her face was absolutely stunned as she took a seat beside her sister.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:15:14 PM
Yasmin shook her head. "No idea, I'll be just as surprised as you."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:01:19 PM
Quay'Na looked at her real dad, the one she had never known existed until a month ago. And the tiem spent with him then wasn't nearly enough. "Do tell, Dad. Don't leave us in suspense."

Cordell Le'Kray
Sep 25th, 2003, 04:06:18 PM
The father looked at his two daughters. "I'm going to be moving to Coruscant to stay. I've been in meetings with another export company, a very hugh one and very profitable. It's called Quantom Exports, they've offered me a job as Chief Manager of Distributing at the new company that is being moved here in a few weeks and I've accepted the job."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 26th, 2003, 04:35:35 AM
Yasmin smiled and looked to Quay. "Oh Dad! That's great! I'm so happy!" [i]She reached over the table and gave her father a hug. "I can't wait!"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 27th, 2003, 06:14:37 AM
Quay'Na was thrilled as well. Having her 'real' dad around would be quite different to say the least. But, here he was.

"That's great, dad. I can't believe it." She anwered similiarly to her sister and gave him a hug as well.

Cordell Le'Kray
Sep 27th, 2003, 11:54:48 PM
"It's a very good opportunity for me, I've been in the shipping business long enough, besides that the salary is excellent. So, on behalf of my new residency and job, it's time to celebrate. Drinks and meals are on me." He smiled. "Whatever you wish."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 1st, 2003, 04:10:24 AM
"That sounds like a great reason to celebreate." Quay'Na smiled as she knew exactly what she wanted. It was so strange to see him and know that he was her real father.

Of course, Yaz was like looking in a mirror.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:54:51 PM
"It'll be like old times again, Dad. I've so much to tell you, so many things have happened since I've moved here."

Cordell Le'Kray
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:28:37 AM
"That's very good to hear. I want both of you to tell me everything. Epecially you, Quay'Na I want to know all about your life, everything." He told her as a server droid rolled up.

"Go ahead and order, girls." He told them as he sat back proudly to see them together.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:34:44 AM
Yasmin smiled to Quay'Na. This was going to be a fun and interesting. As the server droid moved over to their table Yasmin put her menu down and ordered first. "Ill take the bantha steak with a side root salad please. Thanks." She looked to Quay'Na and her father to see who was next.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:39:02 AM
"I'll take the vegetable stir-fry and a side of rice, please." That had become the Padawan's favorite dish nowadays. "Oh, and a Jawa Juice."

Cordell Le'Kray
Oct 11th, 2003, 08:33:16 PM
The server droid looked towards Cordell. "I'll take a bantha burger, cheess fries and a Corellian Ale."

Once the droid rolled away, Cordell looked at his daughters. "So, what's been going on since I've been gone for a month?" He looked at Yasmin.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Oct 11th, 2003, 09:27:35 PM
Yasmin shrugged. "Nothing to much, working, you know how I am. Oh, I also met this really nice guy and I've been accepted into the Order." She shrugged again. "Nothing to big..."

Cordell Le'Kray
Oct 12th, 2003, 06:29:06 AM
Cordell's eyes widened. "Not anything big? Are you kidding me? You're seeing someone and now you're going to be a Jedi?"

He was beaming. "That's the most exciting thing I've ever heard. Both of my girls are going to be Jedi. Something I could've never imagined."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Oct 12th, 2003, 11:48:38 AM
Yasmin laughed. "I'm glad you approve, Dad." She smiled to her sister and back to their father.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 13th, 2003, 04:22:17 AM
Quay'Na still felt somewhat uncomfortable and out of place as the two talked.

She shifted in her seat as the server droid returned with their drinks. With a relieved sigh, Quay'Na was glad to have her drink in her hand and silently sipped on it.

Cordell Le'Kray
Oct 26th, 2003, 04:30:32 AM
Cordell could sense Quay'Na's uneasiness. He looked at her and gently touched her hand. "And what about you? What have you done all this time? Please tell us, I want to know everything about you. It's only been a little under twenty years since I'd seen you last."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:51:31 AM
Quay looked at him. "The best thing so far is that I'm becoming a Jedi. It is what keeps me going, if you'd really like to know." Quay began to feel a bit of resentment of not being able to be part of her father's life for so long. But, she quickly doused it and took a drink.

"I'm sorry, that was rude of me. My life hasn't been terrible, I was well cared for." She told him with a gentler tone.

Cordell Le'Kray
Oct 30th, 2003, 06:48:54 PM
Being Force-sensitive himself, Cordell felt the animosity that she struggled with. "No need to apologize, Quay'Na. I know, you must feel strange with your sister and I being around. I think, it threw us all into shock at first. But, I know we can make this work, I do want that. Yaz wants that too, don't you?" He asked as he looked at his other daughter.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Nov 1st, 2003, 03:45:44 PM
Yasmin quickly nodded. "Of course! Quay'Na! We love you." She smiled to her sister and leaned over and gave her a little hug.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 2nd, 2003, 10:40:47 AM
Quay'Na nodded. "I do too, it's just I've had a lot on my mind lately, this is just so new to me. I've been a Rakai all this time, growing up in a family that isn't really mine and that I've missed everything that I could've had a long time ago. It's quite...overwhelming to say the least."

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:22:54 AM
"Understandable, Quay'Na. I wish, I would've known that your mother put you up for adoption. She never told me out of all those years that I talked to her, everytime I wanted to talk to you or try to see you she would say you were busy or not there and then she was constantly on the move, it was very hard to trace her. Unually by the time I did trace her she left again. SHe kept your adoption very secretive, she just didn't want me to have you at all." Cordell explained, but he knew it still hurt.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:54:15 AM
"I understand," she answered as she studied the glass she was looking at. "I didn't even know her and yet she was able to stop a big part of my life. Seems very unfair, but then again I would've never met Jerib Rakai the man who adopted me into his family."

She smiled. "He loved me a lot, he loves me still. He was a wonderful father-figure."

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:18:51 AM
"That's very good to know, Quay'Na. How about a mother? Did you have a mother as well?" Cordell asked gently.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:19:19 AM
Quay'Na nodded. "A mother? Yeah, I suppose you could call her that. She's nothing like my adopted dad, she was rough around the edges, very rough. She didn't like my Force ability at all, still doesn't. But, I've not seen her....in a very long time. And...that's fine by me."

She said no more, she didn't really want to.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:33:58 PM
Yasmin kept quiet quiet as her father and sister spoke. She really didn't know what to say.

"Well..." She finally said, "...you don't have to see her, you have us now."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:33:14 AM
"I know and I'm very happy to have had my real family find me. I'm a very lucky woman and it's just taking me a bit to adjust, but I'll be fine. I promise." She gave both Cordell and Yasmin a wink.

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 13th, 2003, 08:13:51 PM
"Quay'Na, you can't know how lucky we feel to have found you."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 15th, 2003, 09:58:12 AM
The padawan nodded, "I know, I've just had some really big changes in my life the past few weeks and I've just been very overwhelmed. I'll be fine though."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Nov 15th, 2003, 11:01:22 PM
Yasmin looked to her sister. "You better be fine, I don't know what I would do if ya weren't fine." She joked with her sister.

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:43:38 AM
In a more serious tone, Cordell added. "She's right, Quay'Na we're family and if you ever, ever need anyone to talk to you have us. We'll be there always."