PDA

View Full Version : Alone, confused (open).

Oenn
Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:46:54 AM
-Coruscant, nightfall, she awoke in an alley.
She had no clothes, she was cold, frightened. She didn't know where she was, she couldn't remember anything not even herself.

She grabbed some rags out of a wet box by a dumpster, it was cold to but it's the best she could do.

She was cold, very cold, her mind was so stung by the cold she felt pain in her mind.
A dumpster near by burst into flames.-

"...d-did I do th-that?....n-no.....I c-can't do that....c-can I?"

She threw the rags over her shoulders but they got caught, caught on the the wings.
She had wings, why?-

"...w-why?.....w-why do I have these?"

-She warmed herself by the fire for a while before curiosity took hold again. She began to wander out of the alley, she didn't know what to do, she just walked.-

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:08:31 PM
"Oh, bloody-" Je'gan bit his words off as he saw the source of the rather odd sense he was getting, walk out of an alley just ahead of him. His mind took stock of her, even as he instinctively took several steps forward to her side. Wings...very not-human. A Forcer minus training but with power to make up for it. Very lost, very confused...

Very unclad. He pulled off his thigh-length gi tunic and handed it to the girl.

"Is there any way I can help?" he asked slowly and distinctly, trying to project a calming aura through the Force.

Oenn
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:54:56 AM
"I-I,....no, I......"

-She was confused, her head buzzing with noise.-

".....Peace......tranquility........calm......"

-The words faded in and out of her head with a choir of inhuman voices, their intended effect not working, they mearly frightened her.-

"No!"

-She yelled as she turned and ran, stumbling on the cold pavement.
The helpful man was thrown to the floor by an invisible wall of force.-

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:50:41 PM
Half-way to the ground his mind went automatic, and in falling he rolled, coming back to his feet and sprinting after the girl. Her denial hadn't dissuaded him; on the contrary, it merely went to prove that she did indeed need the help.

He got within a handspan and focused, hard, not so much on projecting the words but on how such emotions felt to him. Once he'd figured out the trick of it, he split his attention, keeping the effort going but also holding up the gi jacket and a long dirk. With a pair of precise, sawing stabs, he cut long slits in the back to accomodate the girl's wings, and hiding the weapon once more he approached her. More cautious this time, he was, ready to drop to a defensive stance and take the brunt of another Force blow.

"Please...let me help."

Oenn
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:19:32 PM
"Please let me help"

-She heard his words.-

"......peace.......truth....tranquility....honesty. ......calm....compasion"

-Still the words haunted her but she was beginning to realize that it was not him, it was not his fault, it was the ether that spoke to her.

She had stopped and turned herelf around, she still walked backwards though, still wary.-

"I-I.......c-can you..........h-hear it...t-too?
n-no........y-you don't....d-do you?"

-She understood that he did not understand, the voices from the ether told her so.
Though now she listened to the ether fllowing through him, not from him.-

".......compassion....help........

-She tried hard to pull together coherent thoughts amongst the chaos of noise in her head.-

"y-you mean...t-to help m-me?
y-yes, you d-do.......don't y-you?"

-She extened a hand, like a child would to investigate the fur of a strange animal, anxious but curious.-

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 23rd, 2003, 05:20:52 PM
"I help...everyone," he responded, then shook his head at the audacity of it. Not something he would have said in his right mind, or in more formal company. But something about this girl, helpless and alone...

He extended his hand and took hers, gently as if picking up a delicate porcelain figurine.

"And I want to help you."

Oenn
Sep 24th, 2003, 12:55:18 AM
-She seemed to take his hand well.-

"W-where are we? What is this p-place?
...............Th-the ether has many...........voices....w-which hark many names,..............m-many d-different names."

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 24th, 2003, 12:44:08 PM
Carefully, he kept his confusion from face, voice and mental sense, and began to lead the girl towards a brighter-lit and overall better part of the city.

"This is a city. It's called Coruscant.

"Do the voices tell you anything besides names?"

Oenn
Sep 25th, 2003, 12:50:35 AM
"Many th-things,......."

-She appeared uneasy.-

"....too many th-things...."

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 25th, 2003, 12:51:30 PM
"Can you...shut them out? You can use the Force a little...try to use it now, to stop the voices for a moment."

Oenn
Sep 25th, 2003, 03:05:40 PM
"I-I..........n-no.......c-can you s-stop seeing?.....c-can you s-stop hearing?........n-no, th-they cannot stop, th-they are meerly there......and that i-is all..."

-Her nerves are settling, she cannot turn them off she is meerly slowly learning how to cope with them.-

"...What I need i-is a place of a c-calm flow, a place of tr-tranquility..."

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 25th, 2003, 03:32:13 PM
His mind raced. He could bring up the analogy of closing your eyes, of stopping your ears...but somehow he felt that that woulnd't have a great effect.

He could bring her back to Corellia, to the brotherhood of the Sith, but that wasn't tranquility, that was merely the calm before the storm.

Which left exactly one place. Possibly the most dangerous place in the universe as far as he was concerned.

"I'll take you to the Jedi Temple."

Oenn
Sep 25th, 2003, 03:39:38 PM
"...y-yes...the flow s-settles at a p-point, the voices call it a....yes, a t-temple.....y-yes, to the temple I must v-venture."

-The force was virtually screaming his discomfort with the location but Oenn was geeting a grip now, she understood what the ether was and so could bear the pain without the anxiety of chaos.-

"..Y-you need not go yourself..th-think of the journey, of the p-place you speak of....the flow will h-here your thoughts, the voices will guide my way..."

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:44:17 PM
"Will the voices protect you from everything that lurks between here and the Jedi Temple? It's a hundred kilometres if it's an inch.

"Public transit pickup is just two floors up." He took a few steps backwards, keeping his gaze centered on her face.

Oenn
Sep 26th, 2003, 12:47:27 AM
"..very well..."

-She said, rather more coherently. She agreed to follow him to the Jedi temple.-

Je'gan Olra'en
Sep 26th, 2003, 06:17:01 AM
OOC/ Thread's up in the Jedi forums...

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32268