PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to check first.

Archduke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:41:51 AM
I wannted to check if it was alright with you guys FIRST, before I start posting, of course I'll understand If you refuse.

The idea I'd like to propose was that a long time ago a member of the Von Karstein family turned, or at least tried to. Due to a anomaly in the Von Karstein gene pool the vampire toxin/virus didn't behave normally; forming a sub-strain if you will.

The idea is that the Von Karsteins are a kind of weak Vampire, stronger and faster then normal but not as much as a vampire. (They are also capable of the whole sunlight thing and silver isn't a problem). They are capable of bearing children (who will always inherit the Von karstein strain.

Waddaya think?

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:51:00 AM
so you're saying daywalkers basically

Archduke
Sep 22nd, 2003, 12:24:44 PM
No, not at all.
More like Cizreracks without the pointy ears and the fur.

Lord Soth
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:11:04 PM
Well, to tell you the truth Archduke, you can do whatever you want to when it comes to your own ideas and what not. However, I will also state that the Shrine dose not subscribe to such lore and mythos when it come to “silver or holy water”. We have other weaknesses and downfalls that we’ve incorporated into our SL (story line) that may or may not effect us.

We also do not recognize other vampyre’s that are not somehow connected to or directly connected to our SL in some manner. (*On occasion’s we have made a few exceptions to this rule if the RP’er agrees to somehow incorporate their SL into ours.) It is one of our policy and requirements that a nOOb or new recruits come in as a “mortal” before the “turning” process. *See listed rules and FAQ below.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24646

We also so see “day walker’s” as powerful vamp’s that have either acquired such a power or ability through the course of either RP and/or duration of RP according to RL playtime with such a character. (*In our opinion, such a class is not only highly rare, it’s an improbable phenomenon due to thier uniqueness.)

Such CHR’s are known by us as “Ancient’s” and there are only a few here at the Shrine that I can count on one hand that is capable of “day walking”. Such CHR’s are treated with the utmost respect in regard’s to when comes to RP’d “power’s they possess/special abilities” due to GMing standard’s and board wide rules. An “Ancient” here at the Shrine are most commonly used for either enrichment or to add substance to a SL/RP as an NPC/ “Cameo character” accordingly.

If someone started off as an “Ancient” without legitimate RP to back a particular CHR, it would more then likely be frowned upon and not reconized. Here at the Shrine we would not recognize such a CHR for good reason. It would be like coming to the SW boards and starting off as a “Master”.

Rules differ from board to board…I would suggest that you hit up the Cabal, perhaps they will accommodate your ideas and SL according to their rule’s…I am not familiar with them myself and I cannot speak for their group.

I hope this has helped answered a few of your questions. If you have any other further questions, I would be more then happy to answer them for you.

Archduke
Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:43:39 AM
1) Then would it perhaps be alright if the Von Karsteins are a pureblood line? and maybe they just have some ridiculously expensive drug which staves off the feects of sunlight for a few hours at a time?

2)What/where are the Cabal?

Lord Soth
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:42:34 AM
1) Then would it perhaps be alright if the Von Karsteins are a pureblood line?...

1)...No offence, but the pure bloods have already been RP'd in our SL as of now...(The K’har Sian) However, your idea’s concerning (sun light/day walkers) might fly with the Cabal clan but not with us...Sorry.

...and maybe they just have some ridiculously expensive drug which staves off the feects of sunlight for a few hours at a time?

2) Uhhh no,...The sun is very much a threat to our kind... (*An exception would be an “Ancient” as I mentioned above/below.) :)

~We also so see “day walker’s” as powerful vamp’s that have either acquired such a power or ability through the course of either RP and/or duration of RP according to RL playtime with such a character. (*In our opinion, such a class is not only highly rare, it’s an improbable phenomenon due to thier uniqueness.)~

2)What/where are the Cabal?

http://www.meras.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=117

If you wish, you can contact Count Fulkrehm or Dante through PM for more info concerning the Blood Pack and the blood linage, feel free to do so.

Warlock
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:07:05 AM
Speaking on behalf of the Cabal, we don't have any purebloods there, and don't condone the daywalker mythos. You might have better luck just going for a non-vampire race – at least that way you would be bringing something fresh and original.

Archduke
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:42:07 AM
Yeah, I'll have to go and do that.
Thanx for your thoughts guys.

Lord Soth
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:43:33 PM
np bro...Let us know how it all work's out for ya...:)