PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Animal/Person Story of the Day

Figrin D'an
Sep 21st, 2003, 10:44:21 PM
Apparently, the equation "dead fish parts + swimming in shark infested waters = bad idea" didn't quite compute with this guy.

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=127638&command=displayContent&sourceNode=127637&contentPK=7117171

Sorry... any reputable scientist wouldn't do something like this to test a theory. This is "Crocodile Hunter" behavior seeping into research. I can't wait until some joker like this actual gets killed.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 21st, 2003, 10:49:20 PM
This already aired on NGC - I think that was the right channel - a few weeks back. They made several lifesized models of 3 different types of sharks, complete with hydralic jaws and measured the psi of their bites, etc. There were also interviews of other shark survivors.

I was disappointed in the show. It showed the same clip of his being attacked about 20 times.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Sep 21st, 2003, 10:49:37 PM
Okay, the Crocodile Hunter may apear insane, but he is actually quite brilliant, and he has the utmost respect for the animals he works with, and knows to keep himself out of true danger.

This guy.... was a moron.

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2003, 10:51:35 PM
this is Bristol - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars
Wow, Bristol has everything! ;)

To be fair, he didn't get bit due to the attempt, he was bitten due to the Shark chasing something else.

And I have major respect for Steve Irwin. He cares about animals and makes TV programs that are enjoyable and getting younger people interested in Wildlife.

Figrin D'an
Sep 21st, 2003, 10:55:01 PM
Originally posted by J'ktal Anajii
Okay, the Crocodile Hunter may apear insane, but he is actually quite brilliant, and he has the utmost respect for the animals he works with, and knows to keep himself out of true danger.

I'm not necessarily dissing Steve Irwin. I'm attempting to point out that too many people are beginning to believe they can do what he does with just about any wild animal, and get away unscathed.

Figrin D'an
Sep 21st, 2003, 10:59:20 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
To be fair, he didn't get bit due to the attempt, he was bitten due to the Shark chasing something else.

You don't think being surrounded by fish chum had anything to do with?

When a shark, regardless of the species, detects blood in the water, one thing goes through it lemon-sized brain: "Food." It's going to find the source of the blood, and started taking bites out of stuff in search of something it can consume, be it fish parts or dumb guy's leg.

Crystal
Sep 21st, 2003, 11:58:45 PM
350lb bull shark attacked a man convinced yoga would protect him from one of nature's most dangerous predators.

Okay, what. Yoga? And that would help you how?

I'm surprised we still exist. Maybe we've just gotten stupider in the last few hundred years.

Originally posted by J'ktal Anajii

And he has super-hellafast reflexes.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2003, 12:04:12 AM
The crocodile hunter is actually Superman! No joke! He decided saving the world was boring, so now he's finding the most deadly animals known to mankind and poking them with sticks.

:p

Figrin D'an
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:44:17 AM
*is Crocodile Hunter*

:Poke @ LD

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:00:23 AM
*snaps the stick in two with one bite* :cat

Jhoram Hyde
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:01:39 AM
Steve Irwin takes too much chance, someday his luck just may run out too. Anyways, animal wildlife programs such as Irwin's will often use sedate captive specimens brought in by wranglers for their clips out in the bush.

But this Dr. Ritter with his yoga excercises and theories about sharks is freakin insane. Play with fire, expect to be burned.

Silus Xilarian
Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:15:28 AM
I saw Steve Irwen get bit once. He was diving with Sharks too. One shark swam away from him and into a small cranny in the nearby reef.

The Croc hunter said something about it not being a good idea to follow a shark into its hiding place, then decided to get a closer look

Then he swam down and stuck his hand in where the shark was and got bit. Then they cut to commercial, when the came back, he was wrapping his hand in bandages and talking about how he made a stupid mistake...

It was alot funnier to watch.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:04:23 AM
I really think that story is erroneous. It tells only half of what happened, according to the tv show.

Steve Irwin is a twit and I hope he gets eaten by one of his crocs.

AmazonBabe
Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:17:33 AM
That Doc deserves the Stupid Award. :rolleyes

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:33:05 AM
Steve Irwin is a twit and I hope he gets eaten by one of his crocs.
...why?

Brielle Acaana
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:39:51 PM
You just quoted why, not to mention the way hes always yelling even when hes trying to whisper. Youd never see/hear Jeff Corwin doing some of the stupid stuff that Irwin does.

He annoys me.

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:44:09 PM
Who is Jeff Corwin?

Inyos Hei'aan
Sep 22nd, 2003, 05:23:12 PM
The Crocodile Hunter is insane. I saw one show with him on as I walked in the front door. All I heard was "I'm gonna kick a komodo dragon in the head, then run up a tree," followed closely by "Crikey, that was close!"

And, before anyone says something about takes one to know one on the insanity front (which I'm sure you will...eventually), I will.

IH

Ace McCloud
Sep 22nd, 2003, 05:25:37 PM
well atleast the shark isnt hungry anymore :lol

Jhoram Hyde
Sep 22nd, 2003, 05:39:26 PM
Jeff Corwin is awesome and such a brilliant young mind in the field of biology. But Irwin annoys me to no end and the daredevil stunts is nothing but media sensationalism to draw viewers. I guess shrewd business men take the necessary risks for success tho.

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2003, 05:59:51 PM
Jhoram, if his "media sensationalism" gets young people interested in wildlife, which it does, isn't it a good thing?

Jhoram Hyde
Sep 22nd, 2003, 06:07:48 PM
Well, I think he displays poor conduct in being responsible towards wildlife!

Brielle Acaana
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:11:35 PM
"Now, dont try this at home, boys and girls, but Im going to mindlessly fling myself onto this monster croc!

I mean...really :rolleyes

Jhoram Hyde
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:37:13 AM
Originally posted by Brielle Acaana
"Now, dont try this at home, boys and girls, but Im going to mindlessly fling myself onto this monster croc!

I mean...really :rolleyes

:lol 'tis true!

ReaperFett
Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:04:10 AM
And that's what makes it fun! :D