PDA

View Full Version : Learning something new: seeing with the mind. (Kyle)

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 21st, 2003, 06:23:57 PM
Wei stood in the middle of a very large room. The entire place was completely black with a darkness that Wei could have sworn was tangible. It was a consuming sort of darkness, one that a person could almost feel clinging to their skin. Wei thought it was kind of cool.

Despite the utter blackness of it all, Wei was aware of everything in the room. Well, he would have been, if there were anything in it besides himself. Wei rather liked the idea of nothingness.

Kyle would be here soon for his lesson. Wei turned his back to the door and shut his eyes. No doubt the light from when Kyle entered would be rather blinding.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:18:35 PM
Kyle walked down the hall until he came to a door, he opened it and closed it behind him

"hello master" Kyle said in a hushed voice "I have come to continue my training."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 21st, 2003, 08:36:59 PM
Wei felt the room grow dark again and opened his eyes. He chuckled to himself. It was just as though he hadn't opened his eyes at all.

"Why are you whispering, Kyle? It's ok to talk normal here. No one's asleep. It's just dark."

Wei chuckled and walked around the room to a button on the wall.

"Today I'm going to teach you how to sense life essences."

Wei pressed the button on the wall, and a number of small holes opened up in the wall. Out of the holes came droids carrying one thing or another. A plant, a rock, a ball.

"Kyle, the Force is in everything. Therefore, wherever you can sense the Force, you can sense an object. Or a person. The main idea behind sensing these things is to stretch out the Force, like feeling around in the dark," Wei chuckled at the irony of what he said, "and bumping into something. Then you focus on it. Kind of like we focused on the tennis balls when I taught you telekinesis."

Kyle Krogen
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:30:48 PM
Kyle stood in the darkness as he listened to Wei, he also heard the sounds of something opening and the low hum of the droids

He reached out with the force and was able to determin that there was someting else in the room "what else is in here master?"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:57:34 PM
"You tell me," he replied. "I've taught you how to sense these things. Find out where they are and then go get them. Then bring them to me."

Kyle Krogen
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:19:30 PM
Kyle reached out with the force again, he walked forward a few paces to where he could sence a droid was

he extended his hands and touched the droid, he then reached down to where he sence something else and picked up a plant

Kyle then found Wei useing the force and walked over to him "I have found a plant master."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:38:04 PM
"Ok. But is there anything else out there?" Wei asked. Wei pressed a button and the floor trmbled a bit as cartain parts of the floor elevated or changed so that it would not be so easy to move around. "The Force is in everything. Sense not just people, but your surroundings too."

Kyle Krogen
Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:50:33 PM
Kyle paused to concentrate on senceing what was in the room, he took a few steps forward and ran into a pillar that had come out of the floor

"oww"Kyle mouned as he rubbed his nose, he set off again to find the other droids

he bumped into a few more obsticles before he reached another droid, he took the ball from it and turned around on his heel and carefully made his way back to Wei

"this is hard" Wei's padawan said as he handed over the ball "I'll be back in a moment" Kyle said as reached out with the force again and started after the remaining droid.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:58:27 PM
Wei nodded. "The Force is in everything, Kyle. Even the room. Use it to map out the place in your mind."

Then to emphasize his point, Wei somersaulted and flipped around the room, landing in a different place when he was finished.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:06:08 PM
Kyle stumpled along in the darkness with the force as his only guide, he didn't bump into things as aften as before

He made it to the droid and took the rock from it, he started back to where he remembered Wei had been but when he got there Wei was gone

"playing tricks with me are you master" Kyle said as he used the force to locate his master.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:01:20 PM
Wei shook his head, but said nothing. He was testing to see whether or not Kyle could sense him and pick him out from among the other things in the room.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 24th, 2003, 01:39:58 PM
Kyle put more power into finding his master and eventualy found him through the force

he walked over to where he could sence his master was, he was more carefull about the obsticles this time

Kyle made it to Wei and extended his hand that was holding the rock "I have found the last object and i have found you master."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 24th, 2003, 02:02:23 PM
"Good. Now find the switch that makes everything back to normal, and then get the lights. Make sure to turn the lights on gradually so you don't kill our eyesight, ok?"

Wei took the rock from his Padawan and set it on the ground at his feet.

Kyle Krogen
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:59:58 PM
Kyle nodded in the dark as he made he consentrated to find the both switches

he easily senced where the light switch was but he was having trouble finding the other one, after several minutes he senced the other switch and slowly made his way to it

he could hear the obsticles going back into their places after be pulled the switch, he then made his way to the light switch and slowly turned the light on

He was slighty blinded by the light but he could see that the lights where having the same effect on Wei.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:28:04 PM
Wei had shut his eyes before Kyle had even touched the lights, but it was only a marginal help. Wei kept his eyes shut for a moment, and then slowly opened them.

"Very good. Now there are other uses for sensing things through the Force besides being able to move in the dark. It will be up to you to find other applications for this skill, as well as the other skills you have learned. Do you have any questions concerning sensing things? Or any questions about any of the other lessons you've learned?"

Kyle Krogen
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:33:33 PM
Kyle thought for a moment "No, I have no questions master" he said with a smile "this skill will be very helpful."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:47:56 PM
"Indeed." Wei stretched a moment before heading to the door. "Well Kyle, I've taught you all the basics. It's up to you now to use these skills for the betterment of the universe. I have high expectations of you."

Kyle Krogen
Sep 25th, 2003, 03:56:45 PM
Kyle bowed "I am honored that you have taught me these things Master" He said as walked toward the door as well "I will not fail you Wei."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 25th, 2003, 03:58:52 PM
"I'm glad to hear that. Don't hesitate to come find me if you have any questions, or there's something that yu want to talk about, ok?"

Kyle Krogen
Sep 25th, 2003, 10:19:10 PM
"dont worry" Kyle said with a smile "If im ever in need of guidence you will be the first one on my list."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:58:59 PM
"Good. Now get out of here," Wei said with a grin. "See you around, Kyle."

Kyle Krogen
Sep 28th, 2003, 07:58:38 PM
Kyle smiled "see ya later Wei", he then turned and walked in the direction of the LQ.