PDA

View Full Version : Make it another...(Open)

Brielle Acaana
Sep 21st, 2003, 11:51:55 AM
Automatically, Brielle handed over her Watch issue weapon the NR officer at the door. It was becoming a habit to not even think about it any more, though at first, she found it something of a resentment. Being a member of the local police force should entitle them to carry their weapons at all times but she wasnt going to make a fuss and it wouldnt have done any good if she had.

Sliding into one of the booth seats, Officer Acaana waited her turn as the harried waitress finally got around to her. Ordering an appettizer and a mixed drink, she watched the other people in the B & G as she replayed the night in her mind.

It was a new Dasquian she had seen tonight. His usual ready smile had been replaced too often with an expression of brooding and sadness. To be honest, it had taken her off guard and Brie hadnt been sure how to handle it.

And when he had offered for her to stay the night then casually mentioned his daughter would be joining them, she knew it was time to leave.

Dasquian was a sweetheart through and through and tried his best to see good in other people, which she found admirable - and also a bit naive. But it was a big part of his charm and she didnt hold it against him.

The forensics officer sighed. What she had wanted to hold against him that night was herself. Her personal tour of the Jedi grounds and buildings had started well enough but quickly took a nose dive due to - what? Brielle wasnt sure she knew and instead of fretting over it, she had come here. Something to eat and a couple of drinks would end her evening and then she would head home...by herself to an empty penthouse.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 11:59:25 AM
Quay'Na Rakai had just finished studying some more on animal anatomy when she walked in the door, it had been a long night and she needed a drink. She walked up to the bar and ordered and then looked around to see if she saw anyone she knew.

A woman came to her attention, hadn't she just seen her in the Temple with Dasquian? It seemed kinda strange that she would be here now instead of with him.

Getting her drink, she walked over with a bright smile. "Hello, if I may ask. Were you just in the Temple a little while ago?" Hoping her question wasn't turning out to be rude.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:08:23 PM
Brielle looked up and almost winced. That smile was too bright and perky. Not at all like the mood she was in.

Taking a closer look, she nodded in answer to the woman's question.

"Yes, I was. I dont recall seeing you there. Is there something I can help you with?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:16:40 PM
"I was in the Archives studying and I just happened to see you two pass by earlier. I take it, he must have given you the grand tour of our humble home. How did you like it?"

Brielle Acaana
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:09:57 PM
"What I saw was very nice but we cut short the tour. Dasquian had some personal matters to attend to."

The waitress was returning with her order - great service! - and Brielle gratefully accepted.

"Run me a tab, please and keep the drinks coming, thanks."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:33:03 PM
The woman was obviously upset about something. "Perhaps, talking about it would help? I am only a Padawan, but I am a good listener." She couldn't just leave her there in the state that she was obviously in.

She had the time to talk, Sene had become ill that evening and was in his quarters resting. So, she had no further obigations until later, when she wanted to go check on him.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:39:05 PM
Brie looked at her in surprise.

"Theres nothing to talk about. I just came in for a few drinks and I'll be going home soon. End of story. But if I have enough to drink, I might just have to buy the whole bar a few rounds."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:46:31 PM
This was a difficult situation at best, now the woman wanted to get plastered and then go home, if she could make it.

Quay'Na sighed sympathically. "Very well, I'm not going anywhere for a while. Perhaps, I'll just wait around to make sure you get home okay."

At that point, she knew she wasn't leaving.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:17:49 PM
"I dont need a babysitter. I passed that stage long ago."

Picking up her glass, Brielle knocked the contents back, swallowing it all in three smooth gulps.

Lady Mylia
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:42:04 PM
Mylia had entered the B&G and few moment ago. She took a seat close to Quay and another woman. She couldn't help but over hearing their last couple comments.

Originally posted by Quay'Na Rakai
Quay'Na sighed sympathically. "Very well, I'm not going anywhere for a while. Perhaps, I'll just wait around to make sure you get home okay."

Originally posted by Brielle Acaana
"I dont need a babysitter. I passed that stage long ago."

Rudeness.

If there was one thing Mylia couldn't stand it was rudeness. Espeically when it was uncalled for. She put a smug smile on her lips and walked over to the two women. "Hello Quay. Who is your delightful companion?" She asked with absolutle sarcasm.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:47:28 PM
Quay'Na tried to hid the smile that crossed her lips at her friends comment. "This is...geezz, I don't even know who this is, except it's a friend of your Master's." She looked back at the woman who was glaring at them. "Who are you anyway?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:51:49 PM
Mylia nodded and waited for a reply before introducing herself to the woman.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:52:09 PM
Brielle didnt bother looking up. Her night was going from bad to worse.

"Once you get out of your padawan training pants, then you can judge. Im an officer of the Watch and put my life on the line for people just like your Masters do. So when or if I need your condescending dialogue, I'll jolly well ask for it."

She took a bite of her appetizer then glanced across at the other female.

"Would you care to share more your witty reparte now?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:00:34 PM
Quay'Na was having none of this. "Excuse me? You think that because we're Padawan's doesn't mean we don't put our lives on the line just as much as you do? Well, it's obvious that you know nothing of what goes on over there in the Order, Miss Watch." She held a great deal of emphasis on the last two words.

Looking at Mylia, she smiled. "Obviously, this is a side that Master Dasquian is very unaware of, perhaps we should enlighten him. What do you think? Rudeness has it's rude awakenings too."

She looked back at the woman, "perhaps, I was wrong about making sure you could get home safely, I don't think you'll have a problem with that tongue of yours."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:05:18 PM
A tired looking Aaron had sidled up to the bar to order a caff, to recover from a day of entertaining Valanya, when he’d heard some raised voices behind him. His brow furrowed slightly – Quay, Mylia and from the looks of things, his brothers new friend.

“Hullo.”

He cradled his cup in one hand as he stopped short of the small gathering.

“Everything alright?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:11:13 PM
Brielle smiled up at Dasquian's brother. There was no mistaking the difference in the two now that she knew what to look for.

"Nothing that I cant handle from the kiddies. Please, wont you sit down?"

Brielle looked at Quay.

"Noone invited you to sit down and where I come from, you dont join until asked. Youre offer to talk was nice but was turned down - not fault that you didnt take the hint. Further more, when mine and Dasquian's personal lives become any of your business, you'll be the first to get a memo."

She looked the 'gentle' padawan in the eye.

"Now, why dont you leave and take 'Yappy' with you?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:16:03 PM
Quay'Na was not done, 'oh you are a wonder of words. All little miss happy when a guy comes around...doesn't see the real side of you. You are quite the character."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:18:19 PM
You could have cut the tension with a knife.

“Alright, let’s calm down shall we?”

Aaron stepped diplomatically between the two women, looking from one to the other.

“I think we might have had a little too much to drink…”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:23:40 PM
"Ive had one drink, Aaron. The problem lies with the padawan. She wouldnt take the hint that I didnt want to talk and share my life stories. Then, her friend jumps into it. But youre right. Im done with it."

Calmly, she took another bite of her food while looking up at the Jedi.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 04:14:31 PM
"Fine, I'm outta here." She looked at Brielle. "G'night, miss." Then to Aaron, "g'night, Aaron." Quay'Na said and with a quick turn of her heel, she walked out.

Lady Mylia
Sep 21st, 2003, 08:21:40 PM
Mylia glares at the woman. "There is a fine line between turning down an invitation to talk and being rude. Just because you think you are some goddess of the Watch doesn't mean you have to act like that towards people. I don't care about you and my Master's personal lives, it's none of my business and I know that. Atleast I have manners." She shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Good riddens." She followed Quay's leave.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:34:53 PM
“Well…” Aaron huffed out a breath and shook his head.

“What happened there?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:48:38 PM
"Your guess is as good as mine."

Brie peered around Aaron, gesturing to the waitress that she was ready for another drink.

"I'll be glad to share my baked veggie skins with you, Aaron. You are welcome to sit down, if youd like."

She was pleased when Dasquian's brother slid into the booth across from her.

"I dont know..maybe Im to blame in part. I wasnt too receptive to talking just then and I suppose I could have been a bit more polite in getting the message through - I thought Jedi and padawans alike were fairly even tempered. Those two..phew!"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:51:20 PM
“I see.”

Aaron gave a sage nod that made him resemble Dasquian even more so for a moment.

“I’m guessing you’re feeling a little down? That wouldn’t have anything to do with earlier on this evening, would it?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:59:15 PM
As much as she always hated it when someone answered her question with one of their own, she did it with Aaron. Brielle wasnt sure if Dasquian had said anything much about their evening to his brother and if he hadnt, she didnt want to be tell tales out of order.

She hedged.

"Have you seen him to speak about this evening?"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:09:00 PM
“Not really. I dropped Valanya back over at his room then came straight here.”

Aaron formed a steeple with his fingers beneath his chin.

“He didn’t seem like he wanted to talk about it, to be honest.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:25:26 PM
Brielle shook her head.

"Then I shouldnt, either. Youre his brother and its his place to tell you if he so chooses, not mine."

Immediately she laughed.

"That made it sound like something dreadful happened when thats not the case at all. Our evening just didnt go as planned."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:29:16 PM
Aaron nodded knowingly.

“Someone needs to set up a Jedi Day-Care, otherwise that probably won’t change in the future.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:43:08 PM
"At this time of night, children probably should be in their own beds. A regular routine makes them happy - thats what it said in the class I took at the Academy. Personally, I know next to nothing about kids."

Her drink arrived and she looked at Aaron.

"Would you like another of what you have?"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:46:30 PM
“Why not.”

Aaron smiled some as his glass was taken away to be refilled.

“I’ve been hearing a lot about you lately, you know.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:01:09 PM
"You have?"

The Coruscant Watch officer flushed at the hairline and it worked its way down to her cheeks.

"I hope it wasnt anything too terribly bad."

Brie smiled, then grinned widely, leaning forward.

"What has Dasquian said?"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:03:45 PM
“I’m not sure I’m at liberty to say. You should probably hear it from him.”

Aaron smiled, like a little angel.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:06:10 PM
Conspiratorily, she leaned closer and lowered her voice.

"I'll tell you if you tell me first."

A golden brow arched over one sparkling green eye.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:09:25 PM
“Weeeell…”

Aaron pondered for a moment, before spilling like a dam.

“I’ve just been hearing a lot about this new woman in his life. Let’s just say, he’s finding it difficult to concentrate after a certain evening spent out, shall we?”

He returned the conspirators look as his drink arrived.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:42:19 PM
Brielle beamed. Dasquian seemed to be expericening some of the same distractions that she was at work - and at home.

"Alright, heres what happened...or didnt happen. Well, both, now that I think about it. Dasquian was giving me a tour of the complex and we were both enjoying ourselves and Im not sure if it was something I said but he suddenly became sad and it just went downhill from there."

She took a sip from her glass and set it back down, centering it in the exact spot it had been.

"He mentioned about me staying the night and I was going to but then when I asked about Valanya, Dasquian said that she would be there, too."

She nibbled on a bite of veggie.

"I was disappointed because of.....and finding a strange woman spending the night with her father wouldnt be a good way to introduce us."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:25:38 PM
Aaron nodded.

“Dasquian isn’t the best at this sort of thing. Neither of us is. We were brought up in a very different era to everyone else, and some things take longer to adjust to than others.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:59:34 PM
"You mean lifestyle? I can tell that you both were raised with a lot of respect for others - thats very obvious. Your parents did a wonderful job."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 27th, 2003, 01:42:16 PM
Aaron nodded faintly.

“Well lifestyle, yes, that is true also… We were raised by a very loving foster family…the Old Republic was a very different place. We hardly recognized Coruscant when we arrived here, it had changed so much.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 27th, 2003, 02:02:49 PM
The blank expression must have told Aaron that the Watch officer hadnt a clue of what he was talking about, because he tried to quickly smooth it over.

Brielle wouldnt let him and held up a hand to stop him.

"What do you mean, 'we hardly recognized Coruscant'? The Old Republic - Aaron...?"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 27th, 2003, 02:07:02 PM
“Dasquian hasn’t mentioned it to you?”

He quirked a brow. That was quite unusual. It usually came up quite quickly in conversation.

“We were born in the time of the Old Republic, you see. Members of the Jedi Order that preceded this one. We’re, ah, of a naturally long-lived race… but the reason we didn’t recognize the place is because we were in stasis for quite some time. By accident.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 27th, 2003, 02:20:44 PM
Reddish lips parted in a soundless gasp of surprise.

"The Old Republic - that would make you..what? five hundred years old?"

She sat back against the booth, stunned.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 27th, 2003, 02:26:51 PM
“Five hundred and twenty six, to be exact.”

Aaron couldn’t help but smile at the look of surprise that Brielle wore. It was one he’d seen many times before.

“We were acting as ambassadors to systems in the unknown territories, outside of the mid-rim, along with ten other Jedi Knights. Our mission was sabotaged and all of the others on board died, but some how we sustained and awoke… we had no idea of our past or who we were at first. It was disorientating and quite scary, to say the least.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 27th, 2003, 02:34:47 PM
There was no question but that she believed him though it was hard to fathom. Brie could well imagine the uncertainty that Aaron and Dasquian both shared upon waking.

After collecting her thoughts, she couldnt help but smile.

"Im glad you werent alone - that you had each other to depend on when your stasis ended."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 27th, 2003, 02:38:45 PM
“We did up until the run in with the Imperials… Dasquian made a good escape but I was captured. I didn’t think I was ever going to get out.”

Aaron fell silent for a moment.

“… but I did, and here I am, and here we are. Things seem to have turned out for the best in the end, even if at one time it might not have seemed as such.

The Force works in mysterious ways, eh?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 27th, 2003, 02:44:12 PM
Her mind flashed back to her fathers death at the hands of a Sith. Yes, it does indeed move in strange ways.

"In ways that I cant possibly begin to understand, yes. Im glad that we have you around to help us figure it out. Its all beyond me."

By you, Brie had naturally meant all Jedi and she knew Aaron followed her on that thought.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 27th, 2003, 02:49:21 PM
“I don’t think we understand even the smallest portion of it still. There’s so much left to be explored.”

Aaron smiled some. Grinning at what he was about to say, the Padawan asked:

“… Have you ever considered a career in the Force?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 27th, 2003, 03:11:39 PM
A quick flash of teeth and a laugh followed.

"If I had the slightest chance of being able to learn...I think I would but sadly I think Im force-null."

Brielle thought for a moment.

"I am strong on intuition, though. Does that help?"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 27th, 2003, 03:13:47 PM
“That’s a shame,” Aaron mused.

“If things keep up with Das, I wouldn’t be surprised if he tries to teach you some tricks.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 27th, 2003, 04:52:22 PM
Both brows rose above a smile.

"Do you think he could? Id love to be able to learn something - anything! There were several times a Jedi trick or two would have come in quite handy...or one of those sabers. Dasquian has simply got to let me get my hands on one, one of these nights!"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 05:22:18 AM
“I imagine he would offer to teach you at some point, although I think you’d have to work your way up to the saber. It’s not an easy weapon to wield… much more difficult than it looks.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 09:39:13 AM
"I would make a terrible Jedi, I fear - Im terribly impatient at times, like now. Youve mentioned the lightsaber and it will be all I can think of for a while."

Brie paused, looking rather sheepish as a small grin twitched her lips.

"Ive been dying to ask Dasquian if he would take me out somewhere and let me play with it but so far, I havent worked up the courage. Im afraid he'll say 'no'."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:42:37 AM
“You know him well already.

Dasquian models himself after the Jedi of old – it is not likely that he would lend his saber to another Jedi, let alone a Force null. The gyroscopic movement of the lightsaber is erratic at the best of times and the risk of you severing a limb would be too heavy on his mind.”

Aaron gave a small shrug.

“I may be wrong of course. Love can change a great many things in a man.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:06:12 AM
Love.

Aaron had said love.

Brielle looked down at the table, her fingers playing with the napkin the waitress had provided when their drinks had been brought to the table.

Taking several deeper breaths, Acaana glanced across at Dasquian's identical twin. Was it just a slip of the tongue, a generalization that had prompted him to use that word, or was there more?

She tried keeping her tone level but cringed inwardly as her voice cracked at the end of her question.

"Oh, is that what Dasquian said?"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:10:28 AM
“I am speaking hypothetically. My brother has not confided in me so much as for me to say anything otherwise.”

He gave a small, encouraging smile.

“I am sure you know as well as I do that emotions are a powerful thing and have a heavy affect on our choices. Of course, whether or not this will be the case with Dasquian remains to be seen.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:20:43 AM
Conflicting emotions flickered on her face.

"Im not sure if that pleases me or if Im disappointed. This is unlike any relationship Ive had before."

A self-deprecating laugh chimed in the air.

"Listen to me sounding like I know what Im talking about. Ive only had one boyfriend before I met your brother and that was right at five years ago."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:27:48 AM
“I’ve … sort of got a partner at the moment, I think, but prior to that I had never been involved with anyone. It was generally frowned on at the Jedi Order, and Dasquians marriage was evidence enough to discourage me from perusing anything.”

Aaron gave a slight shrug of his shoulders, “At least we’re all in the same situation, matched in … experience, so to speak.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:32:30 AM
A genuine laugh burst forth.

"The three of us are the blind leading the blind! Its almost embarassing in this day and time to be so backward. Im the only one at the stationhouse who doesnt have 'stories' to share with everyone..not that I would even if I did have some."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:41:29 AM
Aaron tried to hide an impish smile but failed. Both he and Dasquian had gotten into quite a few sticky (if you’ll pardon the pun) situations at times.

“Oh, I think we all have some stories to tell, albeit some more … unique than others.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:46:17 AM
Aaron's glass was empty by now and hers was nearing the bottom, so Brielle wagged a finger at the waitress, gesturing to their drinks.

"I truly dont have anything of interest to tell on this subject but if you do, Im all ears!"

Her impish grin matched his as she looked across at him expectantly.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:50:54 AM
“Oh, nothing that I’d want to share.”

Aaron flushed a little at the thought of his unfortunate encounter with the Cizerack Taataani, his first and only coital bout, which resulted in subsequent awkward encounters between the woman and the Belargic brothers.

“Good to see you smiling again, by the way,” he commented as his glass was topped up.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:01:13 PM
"And I owe it to you. Thank you, Aaron."

She had the good grace to look embarassed.

"I had fully intended on tying one on...now, Im glad I didnt. Do you think this could be 'Force' moment?"

As an afterthought, Brie added something else with a teasing gleam in her eye.

"I may have to ask around to find out what is causing that blush."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:06:03 PM
“I’m sure you’ll find someone willing to tell you,” Aaron laughed nervously.

“But that wouldn’t be very Jedi like!” he added, in mock chide.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:11:38 PM
"No, it wouldnt but Im not a Jedi, am I? It would be in keeping with my police training - ask questions until you get the right answer.."

Her tone was light, the expression mischievious but Brielle wouldnt go behind his back if he didnt wish to tell her himself. She had more respect for Dasquian's brother than to do something like that.

She had to grin. Aaron looked just like Dasq when he squirmed like that.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:25:22 PM
“I would be careful where you poke your nose in Officer Acaana… you might find out something not to your liking,” Aaron replied with a cheerful ambiguity.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:28:23 PM
He was greeted with a quick nod of agreement.

"After the little cat fight earlier, I can just imagine what those two must be saying about me. That and what Dasquian had said about cops and Jedi not always seeing eye to eye - which is perfectly silly in my book!"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:32:34 PM
“Well,” Aaron parted his hands, spreading them before him in a diplomatic gesture.

“We don’t see eye to eye on all of our methods. We want the same thing; it’s just that we go about getting it in a different way. I don’t have any problem with the Watch personally – I think its fine for people to approach things in various ways, so long as you don’t impress your own beliefs and methods on others.

… Anyway, I don’t think they will be spreading rumors about you, truthfully. It’s not in a Jedi’s natural to show that sort of malice or bitterness. We forgive and learn.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:35:47 PM
"Im afraid Im not as forgiving as you Jedi...or maybe its just the Belargics. Im calm and cool now but if either of them should walk up and start in again...youd have a brawl on your hands."

It sounded odd coming from one such as herself but in her own right, Brielle was as fiesty as they came.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:39:36 PM
“Violence isn’t always the answer,” Aaron replied cagily.

His lips then cracked into a grin, “We’ll make a Jedi of you yet.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:45:29 PM
"Sometimes, its the only answer but it might please you to know that it would be my first brawl. Ive been in several scuffles from collaring a perp but never any straight out fights."

Brie took a sip from her glass.

"What about you?"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:53:27 PM
“A couple. Most unavoidable, of course. It tends to happen a lot in this line of work. Are you required to spar, to keep your skills, whatever they may be, up to par?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:02:19 PM
Nodding in the affirmative, Brie ended up dribbling the drink down her chin as she took another sip. Wiping it away with the napkin and a laugh, she grinned across the table.

"We have official training twice a year but Ive decided to add a small gym to my place. Well, not add a gym but buy some equipment so that I can workout at home. I need to be in better shape."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:08:14 PM
Aaron gave an urging nod, “Train with Dasquian. He’ll keep in you in shape.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:13:09 PM
A red flush crawled up her neck as her mind put a more intimate twist on his words. The Watch officer toyed with her drink, embarassed.

".....yes, Im sure he will."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:35:48 PM
Aaron’s eyes widened slightly.

“…I don’t think I want to know.”

He chuckled and lifted his glass, taking a long refreshing sip.

“You’ll have to come around for lunch some time. If was still sharing with Kelt I’d say that you would get a bang-up meal, but if it’s just myself and Dasquian cooking we can only offer middle of the road,” he chuckled.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:38:10 PM
"Why dont you come over with Dasquian some night and I'll cook for the three of us? Or bring your 'friend' and the four of us can eat and maybe swim if youd like, or go out for the evening - my treat!"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:40:23 PM
A double date, with James. Aaron smiled timidly to himself.

“That sounds nice… I’ll ask her about it soon… although, I’m not sure swimming is such a good idea. That can lead to all sorts of things,” he added with a stifled laugh, obviously joking.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:43:22 PM
"Lead to what? Am I having a blonde moment?"

Normally, Brielle didnt suffer from 'blondeness' as many others liked to call it but she was lost as to what Aaron was laughing about.

"Does she not like water?"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:49:13 PM
“I don’t know, really. It’s not like we’ve ever been swimming together before.”

Aaron couldn’t help but smile at the somewhat bemused expression Brielle wore. Time had gone by where he would have been in the same situation, but he was a lot more world wise now, whether for better or worse.

“I suppose there’s a first time for everything?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:53:41 PM
Brielle shrugged, not knowing what to say. Swimming wasnt something that bothered her to do in front of others, whether she knew them or not.

"Dasquian and I havent swam yet but Id like to. Unfortunately, I dont use the pool as often as I would like."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:54:40 PM
“Wait… you have a pool?”

Aaron’s eyes narrowed slightly.

“You don’t deal in spice as well as enforcing the law, do you?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:00:54 PM
"Would you arrest me if I said 'yes'?"

The mischievious smile had found its way onto her face once more.

"Seriously, I come from a long line of 'old money'. My father was Senator Acaana and so was my paternal grandfather. Most of my family is in politics one way or another, aside from many different business holdings, artworks....things along those lines. But to answer your question, yes, I have my own pool. I live in a penthouse."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:03:01 PM
“And you haven’t invited us all up for a party yet? Shame on you!”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:07:13 PM
"Im inviting you now, that ought to be good for one reprieve. I couldnt have done so before..you and I had never met."

Brielle arched a brow to emphasize her point.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:09:01 PM
Aaron now raised an interesting and somewhat scary point.

“How do you know we’ve never met? You might have thought you were talking to Dasquian when it was really me.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:14:10 PM
Aaron's comment took her off guard. She was starting to worry until she took a closer look, then smiled widely.

"I stand by my statement. We've never met until tonight."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:20:39 PM
“True,” he returned the smile.

“But you were unsure for a moment there weren’t you?” he added with a grin.

“Dasquian doesn’t like to play that game, but I think it’s hilarious.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:25:25 PM
"I can see where it would be pretty funny at times and yes, I had my doubts for a second until I really looked at your eyes. His are deeper - a different shade than yours."

Her grin widened and she leaned across toward Aaron.

"Is it that he doesnt like playing it himself or does it make him mad? I think it would be hysterical to make him think I thought you were him."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:28:59 PM
“I don’t think he likes the idea of me pretending to be him, really. Everyone did think I was him when I first arrived… he probably thinks I’ll do something to sully his reputation.”

Aaron feigned shock for a moment.

“It would be amusing yes, but I wouldn’t want to incur his wrath, however gentile it may be.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:34:31 PM
"Dasquian actually has wrath??"

This surprised her though realistically Brielle knew that even Jedi had their breaking point. It would be interesting to see her gentle, sweet Dasquian come unglued.

"I wouldnt want to make him mad, either. For different reasons but it still comes down the same, right?"

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:42:41 PM
“I suppose he doesn’t have wrath, more he will just look at you with a slight frown and clear his throat, trying his best to still smile.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:53:32 PM
She was finding it hard to believe what she was hearing yet knew it to be true. Neither brother seemed to have a mean bone in their body, though Aaron possessed a more outgoing personality.

Brielle hesitated then just blurted out what she was feeling, the words tumbling out in a rush.

"Dasquian knows about this other guy that I had met before I met your brother and I know it seems silly but I couldnt help it! I just fell in love with him - this other man - and I know he will always own a piece of my heart but .......... I think Im falling in love with Dasquian, too!"

She felt as stunned at having let the dam break as Aaron looked at hearing it pour out at once. Brie took a deep breath then leaned back against the seat.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:55:55 PM
A little taken aback by what was said, Aaron took a moment to think. Finally he asked, with a comforting smile:

“… Do you really think that I’m the one you should be telling this to?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 03:00:17 PM
"Yes!"

She was firm in her answer.

"I cant tell Dasquian. He has enough on his plate right now without my adding to it and I just had to tell someone."

Grabbing up her glass, she downed the contents quickly.

"What if I did tell him and he didnt feel the same way? I would die of embarassment."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 03:02:07 PM
“I don’t imagine having someone tell him that they loved him would be a burden. If it was me, I think I’d feel much better for myself after hearing it.”

The Padawan gave a friendly shrug.

“I do think he’d like to know though, and if you keep it all pent up… that can’t be good for you.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 03:07:43 PM
Chewing on her bottom lip, she glanced several times over at Aaron, still unsure of his advice.

"I understand what youre saying and yes, it does feel good hearing that someone thinks youre special but.."

Brielle bounced her leg beneath the table as she sought the right terminology to explain.

"...if it is something unrequited, then it could become a burden - not that I would ever bother him if Dasquian asked me to leave him alone."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 28th, 2003, 03:09:58 PM
“Well, all I’ll say is that you should do what you feel is best,”

Aaron smiled.

“But you never know … he might be feeling the exact same way.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 28th, 2003, 03:13:53 PM
"Do you think he is, Aaron? Any idea or hint you can toss my way would be more than appreciated!"

It made her nervous to think of telling Dasquian how she felt... this was unbroken ground for her. Never had she told a man - aside from her father - that she loved him and now when it was so close, Brielle's courage was failing her.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 29th, 2003, 12:13:49 PM
“Maybe. But I’m not him… so I really can’t say.”

He would have liked to have said yes, but it would have been a lie. He didn’t know how Dasquian felt – only the Knight himself did.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 29th, 2003, 12:20:03 PM
"Maybe I will...later this week...maybe."

Brielle smiled apologetically at Aaron.

"I shouldnt have pushed for an answer. It wasnt fair to you. Sorry, Aaron. I am serious about having you and your friend over for dinner sometime this week, if you can arrange it."

Aaron Belargic
Sep 29th, 2003, 12:28:11 PM
“It’s quite alright, and yes I shall do that. Perhaps in the morning.”

The Hallaeran glanced away for a moment.

“Speaking of which, I do believe I should be getting some sleep. I’m quite worn out after looking after little Vala.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 29th, 2003, 12:35:48 PM
"Its late, I know."

She hadnt even looked at her chrono since being with Dasquian earlier in the night. A quick glance told her it was well after one o'clock in the morning - the time surprised her.

"Later than I thought."

She rose as Aaron had signaled the end of their talk and held her hand out to him.

"It was very nice getting to me meet you, brother of Dasquian. Thanks for letting me chat your ear off."

Brielle laid the price of the drinks out on the table, along with a healthy tip for the waitress.

Aaron Belargic
Sep 29th, 2003, 12:39:20 PM
Aaron offered his hand and the two shook firmly.

“Likewise, Officer Acaana. I shall look forward to hearing from you soon.”

He bowed his head.

“Until then, may the force be with you.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 29th, 2003, 12:42:32 PM
"And, with you, Aaron Belargic. Good night."

With a smile, Brielle departed the premises, making the walk back towards the complex alone. It gave her time to think further on what Aaron had said and again, she wondered just how welcome an announcement of her struggling emotions would be.