PDA

View Full Version : Tea!

Valanya Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 10:59:25 AM
Valanya had never had tea before, but her daddy seemed to like drinking it. The only problem was that the last time she’d tried to touch his cup, he’d stopped her! He wasn’t sharing with her and it made her pout. In fact, it made her even more determined to get her hands on the cup! She sat in her fathers lap as they had dinner, being spoon fed and occasionally glaring at the tea cup.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 11:49:27 AM
Quay'Na Rakai happily walked into the B&G to grab a bite to eat before meeting with her new master, Morgan Evanar for an afternoon session.

Her attitude towards life couldn't have been better, she had a new master and very good relationship going on with Jedi Knight Sene Unty, things were going well for the Padawan. Finally.

As she approached the bar to have a seat, she saw a very familiar little girl and her father having lunch and walks over.

"Hey there, Valanya," she smiles at the little girl, how she's grown! "Dasquian, it's been a while since we've talked and since I've seen...wow she's getting big." Quay'Na commented in a cheery voice.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 11:55:09 AM
Valanya’s mind was momentarily taken away from the tea cup as she saw Quay, and remembered her as the woman who had been the owner of the slinky pet. Dasquian smiled and nodded.

“Yes, and getting to be even more trouble, aren’t you?”

The little Halfling looked perfectly innocent. Dasquian didn’t buy it. He chuckled.

“Do you want to join us? Valanya was just enjoying the Bar and Grills wonderful baby food weren’t you?” he looked down to the little girl, who shook her head ardently.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:03:35 PM
"Sure, if you don't mind, I'd love too." She answered back and took a seat and looked at the little girl. "What good stuff is your daddy feeding you?"

She looks at the food and smiles. "Yummy, looks good. Does she eat well?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:07:10 PM
“We’re having… pasta and blueberry’s for pudding,”

Valanya’s eyes lit up, “If someone eats all their pasta.”

Dasquian shook his head as Valanya once again jutted her lip out.

“She has a sweet tooth.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:12:33 PM
Quay'Na laughed, she couldn't help it. "She's so adorable."

Her thoughts went to Sene as she watched the closeness between the father and daughter, she wondered if things ever got that far, if Sene would ever want children...

The lingering thought passed as Quay'Na brought her attention back to the pair across from her. "So, how have you both been? I'm sorry I've not been able to see the two of you much, I've been very busy with Master Evanar and Sene...." Her voice trails off dreamily.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:23:03 PM
“Oh, we’ve been dandy. Valanya has been spending some time with Uncle Aaron-…”

At this Valanya made a face.

“Which has let me get out a bit more, explore more of Coruscant that I hadn’t seen.”

He smiled, and tried to coax Valanya into another mouthful of her food, which was going to have to be heated up again soon.

“How is your training with Master Evanar going?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:34:41 PM
"Very well, he's an awesome master." She told him as she took another drink. "You know if you let me know in enough time, I'd be happy to keep Valanya for you some evening. Perhaps, she could meet Sene, too."

"It's good that you can have time to go out, ralax and have some fun...very good indeed." She smiled as a server droid rolled up. "Vegetable stir-fry and white rice please."

It took off after her order. "Life is no fun if it's all work and no play."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:39:22 PM
“If you’d like to, I’m sure she’d enjoy spending an afternoon.”

Valanya made a little shy sort of nod.

“Are you sharing rooms with Sene now?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:49:01 PM
"Oh no...not at the moment. Actually, I'm roommates with Hayes. I moved out of Sage's apartment, I didn't really think it was right for me to stay there. Perhaps, later down the road..." She blushed slightly and looked at Valanya. "Would you like to meet Sene, Valanya? He's really nice."

Nice had been an understatement, perfect was more like it.

Quay'Na looked at Dasquian. "Sene and I just seem to click and I never thought I would feel that again. It's been a long and hard three and a half months for me and now I feel like my life is back on track." She stopped for a moment. "You don't think we're rushing things, do you? I mean, when I'm not in training...we're usually together."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 12:52:17 PM
“Oh.”

Dasquian’s mind clicked onto what Quay was talking about. He hadn’t realized that she was an ‘item’ with someone.

“No, it’s good that you’re feeling up to committing yourself again,” he said with a smile, pleased that she had gotten over the ordeal with Vega to a degree.

“… I can’t say I really know Sene that well. Maybe once I’ve spoken to him some..”

Without realizing it, he’d slipped into protective father mode.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:01:47 PM
"Perhaps we can have dinner together some evening. He wants to meet all my friends, perhaps you could ask your lady friend?" She asked with a wink. Yeah, she knew. She saw them one evening in the Temple, he was giving her the grand tour of the place. It was evident.

"I'm sure something can be arranged all we need is a time and a place."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:09:08 PM
“Perhaps, yes.”

Dasquian flushed a little at the mention of having a lady friend and concentrated a little harder and getting Valanya to devour her pasta. She was being as stubborn as ever, but at least she wasn’t trying to scald herself on the tea cup.

“Oh I give up.”

The Knight sighed heavily and pushed away the pasta bowl, instead picking up one of the berries and passing it into Valanya’s eagerly awaiting hands. He seemed a little darker in mood all of a sudden.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:13:39 PM
Something was up and Quay'Na had a feeling it had something to do with Dasquian's new 'friend'.

She studied him for a few minutes, this wasn't the Dasquian that she had grown to love as a friend or a father figure for that matter.

"Okay, somethings wrong. Level with me, what is it, Das?" Her voice had changed to one of compassion.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:19:31 PM
“I think I messed things up a little,” he murmured as he handed Vala another berry.

“We were having a nice night until… it just didn’t end well, and it was my fault.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:27:19 PM
Quay'Na didn't like to pry, but he was making no sense whatsoever. "What do you mean?" She asked as her food order suddenly came, it smelled very good. But, not half as good as the sitr-fry Sene had made for her on their little trip.

Everything seemed to remind her of him and with that thought in mind she smiled slightly. But suddenly, she remembered who she was talking too and shook her head. "Sorry, a thought just struck my head...nothing to do with you. Please continue, I'd like to help or give advice...anything. At least from a female's point of view, perhaps that would help?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:34:34 PM
“Having a daughter makes getting to know people in that way difficult.”

Valanya didn’t notice that she was being talked about and continued to scoff down her food, suddenly hungry.

“But then that’s what I agreed to when I had a family, so that’s fine.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:39:17 PM
Quay'Na understood as she nodded. "Ah, I get it. She's not to keen on you having a daugter or that you're a single parent?" She hoped she wasn't stepping on any toes, but she was going to be open with him as much as possible.

"I can see problems arising with that, a person tends to get a little scared of a situation they've never been in. And the thought of being thrown into being a future step-parent can rock the boat, so to say..."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:50:18 PM
“It’s not that, it’s just that if I want to go out or some such I have to find a minder. I don’t want to have to be passing Valanya around like a burden to people.”

He shook his head, and his voice fell somewhat, “But equally I don’t want to be alone.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 01:54:36 PM
"I can understand that, Das. If I may ask, how important is this lady friend to you?" She looked right at him. "I could answer a lot better if I knew. That is, if you were willing to share that with me and it will be just between the two of us, I promise you that."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:05:10 PM
He didn’t answer for a while, instead just helping Valanya. Quay didn’t seem to mind and just let him be until he came around after a minute or so.

“We’ve become close.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:25:15 PM
The Padawan nodded. "Well, then perhaps you should start figuring out ways to include your daughter as well. If you are planning anything for the future, there are plenty of things that the three of you can do. Parks, zoo's..."

She was trying her best to help him, but wasn't really sure if any of it was doing any good.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:44:03 PM
“That’s a good idea, Quay, but…”

He shook his head.

“… Well thank you anyway, but I think I’m the only one who can sort this out.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:50:53 PM
"Very well," Quay'Na smiled, she would press no further, instead her gaze was taken to Valanya. "Do you think she'd let me hold her now?"

She'd been dying to get her hands on the little girl, she was so cute and adorable and Quay'Na loved her.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:54:05 PM
“So long as she can still get her hands on those berries,”

Dasquian lifted the small child up and as she did not protest, passed her over to Quay carefully.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:08:35 PM
She took a hold of the child and pushed her own plate away, so it didn't end up on the floor.

Quay'Na brought the berries over to her. "You know, I need to tell you something that happened last night..."

Valanya happily ate the berries, one by one.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:11:29 PM
He watched as Valanya happily shone in the arms of another, still munching away on the last of her pudding.

“Oh?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:19:18 PM
"Well, to tell you the truth a dinner between the four of us is probably out of the question. I had a little...run in with your...friend."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:21:57 PM
Dasquian quirked a brow, “Is that so?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:33:49 PM
"She was being quite rude to say the least, Mylia was there and heard her too. I was just trying to be nice and help her out because she said she was going to be drinking a lot. And she get's all rude with the both of us until your brother walks in and then she suddenly 'miss nice'."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:39:35 PM
Dasquian frowned slightly. That didn’t sound at all like Brielle. He watched as Valanya flailed a little, reaching out for her father and his tea cup once again.

“Come ‘ere then…”

He reached out and Quay returned daughter to father, as the Hallaeran held his child in close.

“That sounds very out of character,” he said, finally addressing Quay’s words.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:44:53 PM
"Well, perhaps so." Quay'Na admitted soundly. "And I suppose my comments on the situation didn't help either, so maybe we should work on making amends."

She looked at Valanya, "perhaps tomorrow when all is a little more cooled off?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2003, 12:02:27 PM
“Yes. It’s usually a good idea to step away from heated situations, so that you don’t get too caught up in the emotion of things,” Dasquian counseled, whilst still managing to keep little hands away from scalding things.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:33:19 PM
"I'm really sorry, Dasquian. I don't really know what got into me, I'm normally not that way. I hope I've not messed up anything for the two of you. I really feel badly about it." She sighed and looked down at the table, wishing the ground would suddenly open and swallow her up. Quay'Na knew she had behaved rather badly.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:39:24 AM
Dasquian shook his head.

“No, it’s alright. The important thing is to realize what mistakes you may have made and to correct them… as I’m sure you’re sick of hearing me say.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:59:43 AM
"Just another thing to add to my huge pile already..." She spoke softly, not really talking to anyone, but merely making her own personal observation.

She glanced at him. "I think that maybe self-restraint is something I need to work on. But, the whole situation just caught me badly off guard."