PDA

View Full Version : Becoming: This Is Only The Beginning (Lady Vader)

Lord Van-Derveld
Sep 20th, 2003, 02:00:22 AM
After some small qualms with Athena (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31816) over his identity – which thanks to his Master had been resolved – Vega had rested well. He was eagerly anticipating beginning training, as it was a whole new concept for him. When he woke in the morning he donned a loose outfit and headed to the training grounds where he began to shadow box – the only training that he knew how to do – whilst awaiting his tutor’s arrival.

Lady Vader
Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:40:20 PM
I see you're up bright and early. The sun hasn't even cleared the land yet.

*LV came up to the spot where Vega was warming up, her foot steps crunching on the dew-laiden grass beneath her feet.*

Lord Van-Derveld
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:22:32 AM
Upon hearing the voice calling to him, Vega turns and bowed low in reverence.

“The early worm, and all that,” he replied with a smile.

“I was hoping we could begin proper this morning, if your schedule permits.”

Lady Vader
Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:10:10 PM
Indeed it does permit it.

*She laced her fingers together and let them hand in front of her, regarding Vega.*

Tell me... what do you remember of the Force. It's be somewhat redundant for me to teach you something you already knew.

Lord Van-Derveld
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:34:35 AM
“Only it’s nature. I… cannot recall how to manipulate it, how to bend it to my own will.”

Vega looked away, somewhat frustrated.

“You must think me weak to have lost all control like this.”

Lady Vader
Sep 24th, 2003, 05:05:49 PM
*She shook her head.*

Not at all. It could happen even to the best of us... albiet we'd have to fall into some sort of coma or get amnesia.

*She sat down on a nearby rock, regarding him.*

While I know this isn't part of your training, and we will get to that shortly, I assure you... I must know how it is you came to be this way.

*She spread her hands.*

The Vega I knew had power at level with mine, and that is a considerable amount. I don't see how someone so strong could lose everything.

*She put a hand to her chin thoughtfuly.*

If there is a weapon or ability that can render a powerful Sith powerless, it is something we must know and train to avoid.

Lord Van-Derveld
Sep 27th, 2003, 03:55:28 AM
Vega shifted under the gaze, moving his weight from one foot to the other.

“I can give you no explanation, Lady Vader, other than to say that quite literally one day I woke up and … everything was different.”

Lady Vader
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:41:40 PM
*LV nodded her head. She could sense through the Force he really didn't know, andf it was a puzzlement and frusteration for him.*

*But she knew of one place they could go to seek answers: Fascinataru. But not today. Today they would do some training.*

*She stood from the rock, and came to stand beside Vega.*

Well, the best place to start is from the beginning. You have plenty of anger in you, that I can sense. Now we need to channel that anger, turn it into power, and manipulate the Force to do with as you please.

*She turned to look at him.*

I want you to close your eyes and listen to my voice.

*She looked from him to the rock, just across from them.*

I want you to envision the rock I had just been sitting on, look at the rock with your mind's eye, feel the rock with your mind's hand. Envision it's rough texture, cool feel in the shade, and grey-brown color. Dont' think about it's weight or size, because in the end, that won't matter.

Do you see the rock in your mind? And by "see", I mean to you see it as though you were looking at it with your very own eyes.

Lord Van-Derveld
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:08:30 AM
As instructed, Vega closed his eyes and began to focus, or at least do what he believed was focusing. It became apparent that he was doing something right – maybe wrong? – when his head began to thump slightly, and a dull hum filled his eyes. Everything in his vision was a very blackish red, just the inside of his eyelids. Slowly and quite surprisingly, however, he began to see what Lady Vader had asked of him.

A fairly large boulder a little weathered by wind and rain but still rough for the most part. It was squatting defiantly in his line of sight, slate-grey. At first he was just imagining how it would feel to the touch but slowly he began to really feel it, as though his fingertips were actually passing over the chilly surface.

“Yes.”

Lady Vader
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:17:14 PM
*She frowned slightly as he concentrated on the rock. There was certainly something there, some power of sorts, but it was difficult to pinpoint. It didn't feel like any other Force user she'd encountered.*

*She continued to instruct Vega, however, not letting anything she'd been thinking slip into her voice.*

Now that you have the stone lodged securely in your mind, I want you to envision your hand, larger than the rock, decsending down and scooping the boulder up from the ground.

Don't do all this at once, but slowly... one step at a time.

Lord Van-Derveld
Oct 17th, 2003, 04:36:14 AM
Lady Vader’s words jarred him slightly. His concentration lessened for a moment, before sharpening again as the blurred image focused. It was difficult to set his mind onto anything for very long without one of his ‘friends’ popping up. He could already feel one of them just begging to be let out and begin nattering away … and there one of them was. He hadn’t even noticed that Switz, the cynic, was sat perched on top of the very rock he was meant to be lifting. The lank-haired sunken-eyed boy in slacks and a work shirt frowned.

You’re rubbish at this.

Vega’s brow furrowed as he began to try and picture the hand in his mind. He had such an active imagination – quite obviously – that he was easily able to see something like a gigantic mit hovering about in the air, palm down towards the boulder. Unfortunately, Switz was sitting in its way.

“Get up, you drannt,” he thought, lips pulling into something of a snarl as he tried desperately to, instead, push the stone upwards from underneath it, having a hard time picturing his hand lifting it as such.

Lady Vader
Oct 30th, 2003, 04:54:15 PM
*LV frowned as she watched Vega concentrate... though his concentration seemed split between the task at hand and something else.*

*It was somewhat puzzling and she lightly probed his mind as he worked to lift the rock, which hadn't moved yet. All she could sense was a jumble of thoughts... there was some coherency to it, but at the same time it was a strewn puzzle.*

*She retracted her light probing and continued to wait for Vega to lift the rock.*

Lord Van-Derveld
Nov 1st, 2003, 10:03:17 AM
Through his minds eye he watched as Switz struggled to keep the mit at bay. What the fool didn’t realize, of course, was that anger only fuelled abilities within the Force. The more Vega became frustrated, the stronger he became, and thus soon enough the chimera was gone and the invisible hand was locking its fingers around the stone in a vice grip. Now that he felt he had a hold of it, it was simply a matter of lifting it. Of course, in reality, there was nothing simple about it.

Somewhere in the back of his mind he had to give Lady Vader kudos for her patience. He seemed to take forever, but his concentration was paying off, as slowly but surely the rock back to rise, bobbing precariously and hitting the ground a few more times before establishing at least some equilibrium; an inch or so off of the ground.

Lady Vader
Nov 4th, 2003, 05:37:49 PM
*LV's eyebrow raised slightly. So he did have some Force ability after all. But it had taken him so long to get there... and the ability all but seemed as thugh it were coing from somewhere else from within him as opposed to from him.*

*For the moment, LV let this slide. She spoke softly and slowly so as not to jar his concentration.*

Good Vega. Now see if you can open your eyes and view your handy work.

Lord Van-Derveld
Nov 10th, 2003, 10:41:48 AM
As he opened his eyes, it seemed as though the hold was about to break – but no. It held strong. A slight bob and it returned to its former position, if not higher. Vega allowed himself a smug smirk and in another moment of weakness felt as though he was about to loose all control. Thankfully, he didn’t.

“There. I have done what you have asked of me, Mistress.”

Lady Vader
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:20:37 PM
*LV nodded her head.*

Yes, you have. But I suggest that you do not let such an accomplishment go to your head, lest it consume you. You have merely lifted a rock. That is nothing compared to what is left to learn.

*She looked back at the boulder he was holding up, and smild.*

Now... now that you have it lifted off the ground, I want you to destroy it.

Lord Van-Derveld
Nov 20th, 2003, 03:25:53 PM
The task seemed an obsolete concept for a moment, as Van-Derveld considered how much more satisfying it would have been to destroy her. Quickly he erased the thought from his mind and directed the reserve of anger towards the boulder. It had been simply to life it, yet he could not imagine being able to visualize causing its destruction. Perhaps, he thought…

The Darkside could seep into the cracks. It could slither its way beneath the surface, curving through sills and fissures to find itself in the core of the stone. From there, it would begin to expand, and slowly but very much surely it would build up pressure enough to send the rock to rubble. Yes, he thought, that was how it would work, and how in fact it did work.

It seemed that practice made perfect for Vega, as he found after lifting the rock he was able to overcome his next set task in a far shorter time; splintering the boulder across the training grounds and leaving himself with a sense of accomplishment.

Lady Vader
Nov 24th, 2003, 05:01:08 PM
*The boulder exploded into several thousand tiny shards. Instinctively, LV had raised a Force protective shield around herself and expanded it to reach around Vega as the boulders many fragments pummeled the invisible wall.*

*She slowly smiled and looked to Vega, nodded her head.*

Good. Very good. You succeeded in your second task much quicker than your first. You will learn that in time, each task you do will come just as fast as thought, to the point where you may not even need to think about it.

*The Force shield had been lowered as the dust began to settle.*

You are beginning to regain the strength you once had. I hope that my teachings will bring you back to your full level.

*They had been out there several hours, and LV thought it best to send him in for some rest. Doing everything at once wasn't the best course of action at this time.*

Go in and rest, exercise, or meditate... whatever you wish. But today's lesson is over. We will continue tomorrow.

*Vega's face seemed to sour over, but he complied. As he began to walk away, she stopped him by grabbing his arm, squeezing the bicep painfully.*

Oh, and Vega, never think ill of your Masters, or your fate will end as quickly as that of a bug against a speeders windshield.

*She released him, allowing him to go. But what she had said had been a warning. She had "heard" his thoughts, and was none to pleased with them. If he so much as began to cause trouble, she would have to deal with him. She was not one to take disrespect lightly, and she still did not fully trust him.*

Lord Van-Derveld
Dec 1st, 2003, 12:54:48 PM
His lips smoothed over into a smile, but it was clear that he was not entirely happy with being man-handled. None the less, he was forced to obey. It would be senseless to do anything but, in his current situation. He would have to learn respect, and somehow he got the impression it wouldn't be an easy lesson to learn.

"Very well, Lady Vader. Bright and early tomorrow morning…"

This said, he turned and stalked away.