PDA

View Full Version : General RPing Information

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 18th, 2003, 07:20:23 PM
(All of this can be changed if you all hate it!)

The way KA is set up, we own the entire city of Iziz. Rather, we pwn it. Once people start arriving in an IC fashion, they will be set up in various houses throughout the city itself, rather than being contained in a centralized location.

The Palace, which used to house the sometimes Force adept Royal Family (all summarily executed by Mandalore Aexar), now houses Lilaena De'Ville and Silus Xilarian. And Gav Mortis too, if he wishes it. Somehow I think he'd be happier in another location, however.

Knights and Masters may have their own dwellings, but apprentices must stay with their masters, and own no property. So, if you want to get around, you'll have to tag along with your master in their ship. Once you've been accepted and if you wish it, we can add a dot to the Iziz map for your location. If you want.

There is a VERY abandoned and old monastary type place outside of the city walls where the Beast Riders used to live before they were integrated into the city four thousand years ago. That will be used for training purposes.

You may not live outside of the city walls, because Sith Master or no, you'll be eaten up by horrible monsters. Eventually. We can't have that happening, now, can we?

I think that's about all I have right now. :)

Silus Xilarian
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:45:05 PM
unless you really want to be eaten.....then by all means, the wilds are the place to be.

Salvestro
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:48:56 PM
I like the idea of living with your master alot...though Salvestro won't...which makes it even better. :D

Taylor Millard
Sep 18th, 2003, 10:25:06 PM
Question...where's Wargrave going to stay? And Millard?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 19th, 2003, 01:42:43 AM
They're not here yet IC, so I guess the situation hasn't been thought of yet.

So didn't I just address that? Knights and Masters can live in houses/apartments/dwellings inside the city. You're not an apprentice, so you can have your own ship and live on Balmorra if you want to. Which you will. So I really don't know what it is you're asking me. :huh

Silus Xilarian
Sep 20th, 2003, 04:54:16 PM
Just do like you do IRL, go find you a place to live, cept its easier here coz you dont have to pay rent......

....or do you? >D

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2003, 05:35:45 PM
Well, lifelong servitude to K.A. sounds about right for rent, whaddya think?

Silus Xilarian
Sep 20th, 2003, 09:03:15 PM
But I REFUSE to pay his utilities too.

Peter McCoy
Sep 30th, 2003, 06:52:28 AM
Is there any information on the nasties that live in the Wilds?

I'm thinking of having Garrett be kinda like the Hagrid of the group - a game keeper. He's always had a kenship with animals. (plus, he's huge, like Hagrid)

I'll prolly invent some beasts myself anyways. But it'd be nice if there were some indigenous life already thought up to flesh out the local fauna and flora.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 30th, 2003, 12:13:09 PM
Well I already thought up one nasty plant. It has spotted vines, tends to choke out existing trees, and is a little like an overgrown venus fly trap in that touching it will provoke a response.

Touch the vines, they'll wrap around you and drag you off to the 'mouth' where you'll be eaten by the plant. Like an above ground, green Sarlacc.

The other beasts, the most nasty ones on Onderon, are ones with wings that fly. They've migrated over from Dxun during the yearly bridge of air between the two. Other than that, I don't really know much about them.

The Onderon Beastriders have tamed (to a point) some of the winged ones, and ride them into battle. I wouldn't go up and pet one, however.

Naj Arilov
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:39:04 PM
Id imagine, and i reflect it in my RPs, that the warbeasts have become more docile to humans over time, since they are being bred instead of captured and tamed. While its not smart to pet one, i think its not far fetched for riders to develop a strong bond with their mounts over time.

In the notes I wrote down, Giran's warbeast was sired by Oron's warbeast, kind of a symbolic thing from generation to generation.

Edit: Also, since Onderon is mostly jungle, we should have a monkey type creature.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:07:53 PM
Yeah I was thinking that an beast and it's rider would be 'friendly' towards each other, but another person to the beast would most likely be chomped on.

ALSO: The first post is a little faulty, as we are going to install Crown Prince Giran as King, with Silus and LD as his personal advisors. I'm working on getting someone to RP him, other wise the King will just be NPCed. He will have Force potential, as do most of the ONderonean royals, but little to no training.