PDA

View Full Version : Going On A Trip (Quay'Na)

Sene Unty
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:57:00 PM
Sene justs wants to get a ship. Nothing more. Nothing less. Apparently the Rodian with the stern expression (or at least it seemed to Sene) hadn't gotten the memo.

"Your gonna make this difficult aren't you?"

He shakes his head, "Get ship on shorting notice? No way."

Sene rolls his eyes at the broken basic, "Listen. I told you already. I gotta get this ship."

"No ships now. Come back next week."

"I can't come back next week."

"Next week."

"I can't."

He shrugs.

Sene sighs, "Fine. I'll pay extra."

The rodian smiles,"How much?"

"Whatever it costs just make it happen."

"5,000 extra."

"Whatever. Just get me the ship."

Sene moves away, from the Rodian concealing a smile.

What a moron. He coulda asked for 10,000 more...

He was back at the entrance to the shipyard now looking out across the parking lot in search of his companion for the trip; the padawan learner Quay'Na.

To his side he had a large duffelback full of clothes and personal effects he always carried. It was light packing. Like always.

Lets' hope she decided to do the same...

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:25:41 PM
"Come on, just get me to the shipyard, how hard can that be?" Quay'Na asked sternly towards the taxi driver, who seemed to want to take his time.

He grumbled something in a foreign language, probably profanity.

"Just hurry." She grumbled as she sat back in her seat.

What seemed like forever, but in all reality was only about twenty minutes, the cab pulled up to the curb of the shipyards.

"Thank-you," she frowned as she looked at the amount owed, she knew he took the longest route possible. She dugg the credits out and flung them at him as she exited his cab.

She grabbed the large dufflebag she had and tossed it over her shoulder and closed the door. She hadn't gotten two steps away as the cab sped off.

"Jerk," she said under her breath. Quay'Na then looked to see a smiling Sene heading over her way. Her frown turning instantly into a smile.

Sene Unty
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:29:20 PM
"Had your fair share of the locals I take it?" Sene asks as Quay'Na approaches.

Bags not too big. Good.

"Well we're headed we won't have to worry too much about them."

He laughs, "How are ya?" He looks at her unsure on how to greet her.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:43:54 PM
"Taxi drivers, they can be quite....well...jerks." She finally told him. "But, not to worry. I'm here and ready to go." Quay'Na's irritation with the cab driver vanished as she spoke to Sene.

Her usual Padawan attire was switched for a nice pair of blue jeans and a sweater. Her shoulder length brown hair hung looosely about her shoulders and her Padawan braid dangled down her back.

"This is going to be so much fun. Something I've needed for a very long time."

Sene Unty
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:53:54 PM
"Well let's get on out of here little lady." He says adopting a silly accent as he motions her to enter the shipyard.

In the distance a ship is being moved to the center of a landing platform while a multitude of droids crawl over it preping it for take off. Down below the Rodain that owned the place stood back smoking a smelly cigar.

Sene takes a good look at the ship. Well it was nearly worth what he paid for it. The ship was small and circular, but had a living area inside that was big enough for three people. No weapons, small thrusters, so Sene prayed they didn't run in to anyone hostile. He really couldn't run away nor fight back with this leisure boat.

All in all it suited them just fine.

"Here let me take that for you." He whispers to Quay'Na as he motions to her bag. He takes the bag and walks up the ramp and into the ship. Everything was kinda crammed in but there were three decent size beds and a small cooking area. The cockpit itself was large, the view screen easily giving a panoramic view of the action that went on below.

Sene turns to Quay'na and smiles, "Not bad huh?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:05:46 PM
"Not bad at all, this is great." She told him happily with a warm smile. She was happy, very happy. It could've been a one room junk heap, but as long as Sene was there, it would've still been paradise.

She had barely known him twenty-four hours and here she was going off-world with him and felt completely comfortable.

There was just something about him that made her feel...connected again. A feeling that she never thought would happen again.

Quay'Na smiled and looked at him, "I've not been back for nearly six years, I hope things haven't changed too drastically."

Sene Unty
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:12:33 PM
"I'm sure everything will be just as you rememeber it." Sene turns to her and puts on his serious face, "I just want you to know how happy I am that you agreed to go. I really enjoy your company."

"And speaking of the trip." Sene jumps behind the pilot seat, "If I remember correctly you said your parents were pilots."

Sene smiles and rubs the back of his head, "I mention it because, uhh, I really have never flown anywhere before and I kinda wnated to know if you could."

How embarresing

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:20:00 PM
Quay'Na smiled briefly. "Yes, I'm a flier. My father began teaching me when I was seven and he taught me all about mechanics too. My dad and I were very close, he was the best."

She walked up to the cockpit and sat down looking over the controls. "Basic C9 network, very easy to handle. No problem."

She turned around and faced him from the pilot's chair. "We can go whenever they give us clearance." Her face beaming.

Sene Unty
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:23:01 PM
Sene can't hold back his laughter, "Well I'm glad your here to take care of this."

He holds up his hands and blinks, "I have no idea what you just said."

He points at her, "You're the boss now."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:38:18 PM
Quay'Na glanced out the front view port. "Well, when they finish with the fuel cells and we get clearance we can go."

"Corellia will take about fourteen hours to get to at lightspeed." She turned and began looking through a map monitor, to figure out the best route.

"I'll punch in the coordinates." She was talking basically to herself as she studied the star maps. "That should be good..."

Sene Unty
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:45:36 PM
Sene sits back and watches her go at it. She moves deftly making arrangements for the flight and all Sene can do is watch. Another side of her that he likes. She has that commanding presence when she wants it; a no-nonsense approach to things when the time was right. He smiles at her but she doesn't see him.

"Fourteen hours huh?" He says more to himself than anyone else, "That's a long time..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:54:25 PM
She finished up and heard his comment. Turning to face him, she smiles lightly. "Yes, fourteen hours is a long time, but I'm sure we can figure out something to abide our time with."

She snickers slightly. "Umm, I do have a question for you now. Do you cook? I only ask that because, I'm really not very good at it. And being a vegetarian, dishes like those can really go badly."

She blushed again, now it was her turn to be embarrassed.

Sene Unty
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:59:08 PM
Sene smiles at her allusion to his comment.

"Cook?" Sene lookes at the small kitchen, "I bet I can manage to whip something up."

"Escpecially if its vegetarian stuff. Vegetables are easy." Sene shook his head, "Just don't ask for desert. I'm horrible with deserts."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:54:50 AM
Quay'Na laughed, "don't worry. I won't ask" One of the guys outside was motioning to her. Quay'Na put on the headset. "Go ahead." She switched the connector with a speaker, so Sene could hear what was going on as well.

"Fuel cells are filled, you're ready to go." A voice announced.

"Okay, thank you over." She said and then motiioned for Sene to join her in the co-pilots seat. "Time to buckle up." She smiled as she flipped a couple of switches and the converters roared to life.

Quay'Na picked up a roster and read it for a few moments. “This is the Mirage to command center.” She spoke into her mouthpiece.

“This is command. Go ahead.”

“Request permission for departure from platform eighty-nine.” She said as she went over her last minute check.

“Standby, Mirage.”

The Padawan buckled herself in and waited patiently as the command center finally answered. “Permission granted, you may leave when ready, Mirage.”

Within minutes, Quay'Na had the ship airborne and roaring into the heavens above.

As they reached the inner limits of the vast star system, Quay'Na sighed happily as she worked over the controls. It had been a while since she'd flown, but it all came back to her the minute she had sat down.

Quay'Na began rechecking her coordinates she logged into the central computer for the jump to lightspeed. "Approaching the vector for our jump." She said, again just thinking more or less out loud.

A few moments passed and Quay'Na pushed a button, "Here we go."

The jump created the starline effect as the ship roared into lightspeed. The view was breath-taking or at least it was to Quay'Na. She let go of the controls and sat back. "Well, that's that." She smiled and looked over at Sene, who had a sheepish grin on his face. "What?" She grinned back.

Sene Unty
Sep 18th, 2003, 07:42:25 AM
What?

"Nothing." He shakes head, "Your amazing that's all. And I still have no idea what just happened."

He stands and stretches, "Well that was some hard work. I think I need a bite to eat..."

He smiles, "You want anything?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:15:50 PM
The Padawan laughed. "Sure, whatcha got?" She stood and followed him to the galley.

Sene Unty
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:18:29 PM
Sene opens the small fridge in the kitchen.

Good....pretty well stocked.

He pulls out a few vegetables and turns to Quay'Na, "Well we got carrots, celery, mushrooms and onions. What can I make with this?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:26:01 PM
"We could stir-fry it." She answers. "I wonder if they have rice in here." She begins looking through the cabinets, there was tons of stuff.

"We have rice!" Quay'Na annouces happily bringing out a bag of white rice.

Sene Unty
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:31:39 PM
"Rice and Stir-fry." Sene smiles, "Sounds like a meal."

Sene reaches into the cabinet and removes a bottle of soy sauce. He prepares a marinade (Family secret) and within twenty minutes a meal has taken shape. Behind him a table has been set and Quay'Na sits still waiting for the meal. With a dramatic flair Sene places the food on the center of the table and then removes the cover.

"So what do you think?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:39:10 PM
"Wow, that looks awesome and it smells excellent. You are quite the chef." She compliments him, with a smile.

Sene Unty
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:42:10 PM
"You think so?" Sene gives a cocky grin, "Well I got to be good at something right?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:56:08 PM
The Padawan laughed. "Well that, you definitely are. I'm terrible at cooking, I tend to burn things unintentionally of course."

She allowed him to scoop some of his concoction onto her plate, it smelled so good. She couldn't wait to taste it.

Sene put some on his own plate then sat down and looked at her.

Quay'Na gladly took a bite. It was even better than she had imagined. After she swallowed, she said. "That is so good, your recipe is amazing."

Sene Unty
Sep 18th, 2003, 09:02:19 PM
The food is pretty good.

He looks across the table at her.

It felt so nice being this close to someone. Finally.

The meal is over quickly and the dirty dishes are stacked high in the small sink. Sene shakes his head at the mess, "Well how about a drink now?"

He smiles at her, "I made sure to bring the good stuff."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 18th, 2003, 09:18:33 PM
"Great," Quay'Na nods. "I'll grab some glasses." She walked back over to the cabinet and grabs two nice looking mugs. Unsure of what the 'good stuff' was. But, she was ready to enjoy anything he brought.

This trip was exactly what she needed, she was so thankful for his friendship and company.

Sene Unty
Sep 19th, 2003, 11:04:06 AM
Sene reaches into his bag and pulls forth a few bottles of liquor. When she returns he sweeps his hand over them and smiles.

"For us my dear. Choose wisely."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 19th, 2003, 03:56:02 PM
Quay'Na inspects the bottles carefully.

Corellian Whiskey, Corellian Tequila, and a bottle of Corellian Red wine.

"I think, I'll chose the wine." She held her mug to him. "What are you having?" She wants to stay clear-headed while on their trip, especially since she was flying.

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:04:44 PM
Sene grabs the Whiskey without answering. He pours the drinks and sits back in his seat smiling.

For a second he just stares at her, soaking in all the details of the situation. Her beauty surrounds him. It fills the small cabin giving it life.

"So tell me all you can about Correlia.I want to know it all."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:19:53 PM
"Well, we'll be landing in the city of Ten'neb. We can take a transport to the local town that my family resides outside of. The town is called Eden. From there we can take a carriage to my parents house...or manor I guess. How's that sound?"

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:33:27 PM
Sene latches on to one word, "Manor?"

He raises an eyebrow, "You never mentioned a manor..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:49:00 PM
"Well, that's just because they named it the Rakai Manor. It's just a big house, with stables and barns all over and sits in front of a woods." She told him with a gentle grin.

Sene Unty
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:52:06 PM
Sene smiles and takes a sip of his drink. The warmth floods his body and mind.

"A big house? And will anyone else be there?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:04:32 AM
Quay'Na leaned back in the pilot's seat, getting more comfortable. "Yes, my dad. But, not to worry ever since he had a stroke a couple years back, he goes to bed early. Or at least that's what my Uncle Aramis tells me when I talk to him. I guess, he and my aunt Kelli help him out a lot. My dad has no use of his legs and has problems using his left arm, so he has to get around in a repulser chair and from what I hear, he zooms around in it like it a starfighter."

She laughs slightly as her eyes sparkle. "I've got to introduce you to my aunt and my uncle too, they are the coolest. They live nearby too."

Quay'Na's excitement of seeing her family again, was showing through, more now than ever. She missed them so much.

Sene Unty
Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:46:18 PM
Sene takes a second and stares at the floor.

And how I would love for you to meet my family Quay'Na.

He smiles and something sparkles in his eye.

Yes even you dad.

The second has passed and he stares at her. He sighs and shakes his head, "Well you have no idea how excited I am to see them too."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:55:45 PM
"I never would have thought that I would get to go back home so soon. You are a miracle worker, Sena Unty." She smiles at him graciously and takes his hand in hers and gives it a squeeze.

She eyes him dreamily, every thing about him is so perfect. His eyes, his hair, the refreshing scent of his cologne.

"I"ve never been happier than at this very moment, Sene." She tells him softly.

Sene Unty
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:09:38 PM
He grips her hand in his. He leans down and gives it a small kiss. Then he yanks her into his arms. He cradles her head with his free hand as they both go down laughing.

On the floor they stop for a second and just breathe. Like electricity there eyes are alive.

"Well then it is my mission to make sure you have many more moments like this."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:17:22 PM
Quay'Na laughs as he pulls her to the floor, she looks deeply into his eyes. "I want that, Sene you don't know how much. You have given me so much and I feel I've given you so little."

Sene Unty
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:24:03 PM
Sene shakes his head, "You have given me so much."

He kisses her softly.

"You have given me you...."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:29:46 PM
Quay'Na's eyes tear up slightly to the gentleness and loving touch his words say to her. "I am yours, Sene Unty. May my life never part from yours." She leans closer and kisses him gently, as a tear falls silently down her cheek.

"I never want this moment to end."

Sene Unty
Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:55:06 AM
He rubs the tears off her cheek.

"It doesn't have to end. It never has to end."

He kisses her again, "It can go on forever."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:17:25 PM
Quay'Na sighs as she lays her head on his chest, taking in his scent. "You don't know how much I want that, Sene. I could lay here forever in your arms." She whispers as she feels safe, warm, loved.

With a smile, she brings her face to his and kisses him lightly. "Do you know how incredible you are?"

Sene Unty
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:51:21 PM
Sene laughs out loud, but doesn't let go, "No. I don't. Tell me again."

He shakes his head, "For some reason I don't think those fourteen hours are going to be as long as we once thought."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2003, 09:01:58 PM
"No, I don't think so either. But, once we are on Corellia and at my parents home the real fun will begin. There is so much to do and see." She kissed him again. "You're going to have a blast...we're going to have a blast."

With a relaxing sigh, she laid her head back down on his chest. She can hear his heartbeat thumping in time with her own.

"You are incredible..." she murmurs.

Sene Unty
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:13:37 AM
Sene rolls on his side, holding her close to him as he does so. He closes his eyes and puts his head down on the cold floor.

"I am more tied than I thought." He whispers. "Why dont we get some sleep?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 30th, 2003, 04:59:06 PM
Quay'Na was dreaming, life couldn't be this perfect.

Even with Sanis Prent's death threat hanging over her head, in Sene's presence he seemed to make all her troubles become further and further away.

With a thoughtful sigh, she knew as soon as they were back on Coruscant, Sanis would be on her faster than a fly to honey.

The whole thought of that seemed rather silly, but would be acted upon with total seriousness. After all, death threats were a constant part of a Jedi's life, even for a Padawan.

Nonetheless, she wasn't going to dwell on it, she wanted nothing but to dwell and enjoy the here and now with Sene.

He probably felt the momentary tinge of ill-ease grow within her, but the Padawan tamped it down and pushed it aside. With the warmth of Sene's strong arms around her and the steady hum of the Mirage's hyperdrive, the Padawan felt herself being gently lulled to sleep. "Sounds good..." She murmured again.

Sene Unty
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:28:58 PM
Three hours later Sene sits up, his body momentarily awakened by some interenal clock...

Twelve O' Clock. Coruscant time.

He looks down at the sleeping form of Quay'Na and smiles.

Did Sanis make it or did Soolin make her appearance?

He sighs to himself as he reacheds to stroke her hair.

I'm just glad to be here. So glad...

With a grunt and a push, Sene stands, managing to not disturbing Quay in the process. He fixes himself a glass of water before turning to the viewscreen. Ahead lies nothing but space and dreams.

Ahead is everything I ever wanted.

He looks back at Quay'Na smiling.

And more....

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:47:01 PM
Quay'Na stirs slightly and slowly opens her eyes to see the man she's fallen for and smiles.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked as she sat up and then got to her feet. Momentarily, she turned and checked the controls. Everything was going well.

With a stretch, she walked over to Sene and put her arms around his neck. "I've got a new pact for us." She winks at him playfully. "The pact is, that we live life to the fullest and start collecting all the happiness we've missed out on."

Things couldn't be better, it was all falling into place as if my magic. So, this was what love truly felt like.

She felt so at peace with Sene, it was like his presence drew it out of her. She was the luckiest girl in the universe to find him, and she was more than grateful.

Sene Unty
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:40:45 PM
"Agreed." Sene nods. "I can't imagine a more perfect idea."

Sene looks back out the viewport and his eyes dazzle in the darkness.

"We got a few hours before we're there..." He smiles and gives her a quick kiss, "Why don't we get back to sleep?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:14:23 PM
Quay'Na nodded with a smile. "I could use a few more hours." The two of them laid down on one of the beds and were soon wrapped in each other's arms, sound asleep.

The hours drifted by quickly and soon they were being awakened by the alarm that Quay had set five minutes before they dropped into normal space outside of Corellia's atmosphere.

Yawning and wiping the sleep out of her eyes, Quay stumbled to the cooler and grabbed herself a fizzpop, tossing another to Sene.

She kissed him gently as the two of them got settled in the cockpit. A few seconds later, the ship came out of hyperspeed right outside Corellia’s atmosphere.

Quay'Na felt a slight tinge in the Force for the first time, knowing full well it was from being Sith ruled. The Padawan easily entered the atmosphere and soon found herself in the darkness of night on this beautiful planet. She followed her coordinates to the city of Ten'neb.

Not much air traffic was taking place, since it was so late. Perfect timing for her to go into the hidden quad-tunnels beneath the city to the secret underground docking bay . Not many patrons knew of these hidden tunnels, but Quay had been instructed by her father to use them during her visits.

The tunnels went everywhere throughout the city and one could easily get lost or killed with the sharp twists and turns.

She noticed Sene's look of amazement as she steered the vessel expertly through the dangerously looking tunnels.

"Years ago, pod racing had taken place in these very tunnels," She explained. "That was until it had been reported and donned as an illegal event. To many, the tunnels are no longer of interest and now they are simply hidden ruins of a time long forgotten. Very few ever venture down into them now, except for me." She added with a coy smile.

With the Force as her ally, she easily glided the ship through the dark tunnels. It wasn't long before she found the secret docking bay and put the ship down.

Powering down the converters, Quay'Na grabbed a hold of Sene's hand. "Here we are...Corellia. We should be able to get a transport shortly." Quay'Na smiled as she unbuckled her safety harness and jumped out of her seat.

Sene followed.

After grabbing their packs and a glow rod, Quay'Na pressed the hatch release and took a hold of Sene's hand as they awaited the hatch to open. Her heart skipped a beat as it finally opened and the two of them bound out together.

The empty bay smelled of a mixture of bad carbon fluid and repulserlift oil. Quay'Na grimaced for a second as she popped the glow rod and shook it. As it began to light up the bay, Quay'Na commented. "I don't think this place as been used since the pod-races, this was probably one of their pits."

She walked back over to the ship, closed it up and locked it down.

"Let's go."