PDA

View Full Version : The new place

Painkiller
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:20:40 PM
Painkiller was tired of searching the grounds.Nearly an hour he explored around in a attempt to find a room.He sat on a nearby bench and put his bags next to him,and started to think what to do next.People didnt py much attention to him,but he was patient.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:59:27 PM
Wei was walking down the hall to his room, his arms carrying a large basket of laundry.

Wei started to walk past the bench where Painkiller sat, noticed him, and backed up so he was standing in front of the Padawan.

"Is something wrong? You look tired."

Wei smiled. "I'm Jedi Knight Wei Wu Wei." Wei gripped the basket with his mind and levitated it in the air before taking his hands away from it to give Painkiller a friendly handshake.

"Is there anything I can do to help you?"

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 11:17:35 AM
Painkiller was a little stuned by the floating basket,but he didnt show it.He stood up and shook the jedis hand.

"Nice to meet you.My name is Painkiller.I was told to find a room in here.I have been searching around,but with no luck so far.Could you please direct me?"Painkiller asked.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:14:40 PM
Wei nodded. "Ah, yes. The ever daunting task of finding a room to live in."

Wei got his arms around the basket and released his telekinetic grip on it. Wei dipped under the weight of it, but was soon comfortably holding his laundry.

"Well, let's see if we can find you a room on my floor."

Wei jerked his head toward the end of the hall, indicating for Painkiller to join him. Wei had not felt like taking the turbo lift today; instead he climbed a flight of stairs, walked the hallway, then climbed a flight of stairs on the other side of the hall and then walked the hall on the next floor, and so on. It was actually kind of fun. Wei's floor would be next.

"Just up the stairs."

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:36:43 PM
Painkiller was following behind.He reached the floor where Wei was some seconds after,gasping for air.

"...I dont do much excersise...".

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:47:46 PM
Wei nodded. "Most people don't," he said simply.

"So are you a Padawan here?"

Wei used the Force to grab a hold of the door and open it up so he could get through with his laundry.

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:13:23 PM
Painkiller followed with his bags on his shoulder.

"...well,sort of.I answered some questions at the recruitment center and was told to get a room here.I really dont know what to do next after this".

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:32:38 PM
"Well, after you get a room, and find your way around, you'll more than likely want to start looking for a teacher while taking the Initiate classes."

Wei walked down the hallway towards his room. "Help me look for a door with a blank nameplate on it. That'll be your room. Or if there is a door with a name and then a blank plate, you could ask to room with that person, provided the person's not a girl. We can't have non-married Jedi living together you know. Makes for chaos and havoc and unwanted children."

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:41:06 PM
Painkiler started to look for blank nameplates.

"So,how is it like living here?".

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:52:04 PM
"Not too much different from living in an apartment. You get a small kitchen, a bed, a dresser, and a small bathroom for showering and such as that. It's very comfortable. I live in a room with my wife, and it is very much home to us."

Wei stopped for a moment at his room. "Let me drop off this laundry here," Wei said and unlocked his door and let himself in. Wei set the basket down in the middle of the floor and left, shutting and locking the door behind him.

"Do you have any interests in one particular Force Technique yet?"

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:00:21 PM
Painkiller was still searching for a empty nameplate.

"I havent really thought about that.I didnt think that I was going to be accepted in the order.I guess when I start training,I will understand more about the Force."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:03:08 PM
Wei nodded. "That's always good to see what's out there before making up your mind. I use Force Boosting more than any other Force Technique, but my friend Zeke uses telekinetic types of techniques more."

Wei continued walking along with Painkiller. "However, being a Jedi is not about Force Techniques. Jedi use various Force abilities to their advantage, but there is more to being a Jedi than that."

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:10:08 PM
Painkiller carefully listened to Wei.He wanted to gather as much as information as possible.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:28:43 PM
Wei paused for a moment, but seeing that Painkiller was not going to give any input, Wei pressed on.

"Indeed. The difference between the Jedi and the Darksiders is how we use our techniques. Jedi use their techniques to protect and take care of people. Darksiders use their abilities for death and destruction."

Wei paused to investigate a few doors. "So, what is it exactly that Jedi do?" he asked Painkiller.

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:32:32 PM
Painkiller was already asked this question.

"Jedis are the peacekeepers of the galaxy.They fight for the good of all of us."he said shortly.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:35:08 PM
Wei listened for a moment then posed another question. "Yes, we are to fight for the good of the galaxy, but is there any way in which we can make the galaxy a better place that is not fighting?"

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:46:24 PM
"By sending peace messages?"Painkiller wasnt sure what to say.

He finally reached a room with no name plate on it.

"Look,I found one".

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:51:06 PM
Wei smiled. "Glad you found your room. Now back to the subject at hand. What can we Jedi do to make the world a better place? You've named a few good ways, but you're thinking too big. Think smaller. Like, in your neighborhood smaller."

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:56:36 PM
"...well,to try to talk to people and convince them that peace is the best resolution..."Painkiller wasnt sure if he answered correctly.

"How do i get in?"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:02:25 PM
Wei shrugged at the Padawan's reply. "Usually the doors for the empty rooms are open. They keep the keys on a table in there somewhere, I think."

"Think broader. Not just in terms of war and peace. I know of plenty of places that are peaceful and everyone gets along, but their situations are not good. They're hungry, or they can't clothe their children, or send them to school..."

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:05:03 PM
"We should provide the necessary for them..."Painkiller said opening the doors.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:08:56 PM
Wei grinned broadly. "Exactly! Build schools, help people rebuild their farming communities, organizing a clothing drive, none of these things should be considered beneath the Jedi. Jedi are asked to put their own personal cares aside and commit their entire lives to the welfare of others."

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:12:11 PM
Painkiller nodded to Wei and steped into the room.

"Nice.I see what you mean."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:16:26 PM
Wei chuckled. "And you want to know what's even better? When you do these things, you're not just improving the lives of the people that need your help, you're also setting an example for whoever might see you in action. Being a Jedi is not easy, wouldn't you say?"

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:19:35 PM
"I can only tell words about it,because I never been a jedi.While you on the other hand,can understand that."Painkiller said.

He threw his bags on the bed.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:27:28 PM
"Also true."

Wei had nothing else to say concerning what a Jedi ought to do. Actually, now that he thought about it, he did have one more thing to say. "You will discover on your own what being a Jedi really means. I can tell you all you want to hear about what I think Jedi ought to do and how they ought to act, but that meaning...well, you'll just have to find that out for yourself."

Wei paced about the room, looking it over. "All these rooms look the same," he chuckled to himself. "So, anything on your mind that you would want to know?"

Painkiller
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:30:23 PM
"Well,the main concern for me right now is am I up to...this.To be a jedi."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:36:41 PM
Wei shrugged and smiled. "Best not to worry about that. It'll only make you tense, and devastate your self-esteem. You're going to do just fine. All you have to do is pay attention to what your teacher tells you, and not let your emotions eat you alive."

Painkiller
Sep 19th, 2003, 07:21:16 AM
"I will try,thank you for your advices"said Painkiller.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 19th, 2003, 01:51:03 PM
Wei shrugged. "It's no big deal. So, why are you called Painkiller? Is it some sort of a nickname?"

Painkiller
Sep 19th, 2003, 02:14:42 PM
"Hm,you could say that.Thats the name I gave myself.In the old days"said Painkiller,remembering his past.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 19th, 2003, 05:37:58 PM
"Old days?" Wei asked, looking out the window. "Nice view."

Painkiller
Sep 20th, 2003, 12:29:15 PM
"My old days"Painkiller replied and started to search for something in his bag.