PDA

View Full Version : Trephination: I Am Your God Now

Soraya Taveres
Sep 16th, 2003, 01:12:16 PM
[OOC: If you'd like to participate in this RP, please refer to this (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31709) thread first in order to get an idea of what it's all about, thanks.]

welcome in my friend
out of the cold where it's warm
please step in
what's your name my friend
my name's the same
what a strange coincidence
glad you've come to this place
what's the pleasure you chase
oh, you like playing with speed
well I have all the answers you need

I can take you
high and make you
invincible
I'll never leave you

welcome in my friend
try some of this
what you'll feel is amazing
tap a tiny blast
in a crease of foil
place this flame beneath it
white smoke you will inhale
a speed rush you will exhale
the goose bumps prickle your skin
just enough to dig the hooks in

I can take you
high and make you
invincible
but now you're hollow

you're crawling on the floor
but you'll be back for more... yeah

hello there my friend
back for the sweet poison so soon again
but this lie must end
I must collect for those pleasures gave
when I first told you my name
I told you ours were the same
and that's not really a lie
my real name is your addiction

I will bring you
down and break you
burn right through you
won't regret you

---

On the corner of some nameless street in downtown Coruscant, there stood a little one-storey building which had, at one point, been a candy store -- as the rusty sign above the door so boldly declared. The door was loose on its hinges and the windows had been boarded up... even the small patches of dirt between the paving stones up front were overgrown with weeds.

And even though this Candy Store seemed abandoned, if one were to venture inside... deep, deep inside, down the rickety old wooden steps in the farthest corner of the back room and further underground into what was once the shop's storage space, and if this one could overcome the many safety measures employed there, one would perhaps stumble into a room with walls that shone blood-red.

Everything was bathed in this same deep crimson light, the basement rooms where Severe's main operations were based in having been revamped since Sway's departure. Gone were the ripped leather settees and coffee tables of old, to be replaced with a far more... professional look, composed almost entirely of glass and metal. Even the atmosphere of stale cigarette smoke had dissipated over time, but the musty impression of neglect still lingered.

Soraya reached for the bottle of whiskey lying on the computer panel in front of her, scrunching up her nose and grimacing as the liquid burned down her throat. Several small monitors flickered with images from the countless security cameras installed within and around the building on this panel, a magnified version of which was reflected on a much larger screen above.

Physically, she also appeared vastly different from the way she had been all those months ago, when Severe was still a thriving business, and when the ever-changing world of the fashion industry hadn't demanded that she lose her long blonde tresses in favour of bright orange, to accommodate for the latest 'alternative' trends (as paradoxical as that might sound). But, more important than her career as a revolutionary model was the reason why she had taken such a gamble by reinstating what was left of Severe.

Sway's disappearance had come at a stage when the company was at the height of success and with little prospect of going downhill anytime soon. Maybe the group's former leader had run off with some mysterious stranger, or maybe -- and this was more than likely -- she'd grown bored of what had originally started off as a hobby for the rebellious young daughter of one of Coruscant City's greatest entrepreneurs, and so had decided to undergo a name change yet again. It was impossible to tell, really.

What mattered most, however, was that the company had dwindled into little more than nothing in the several months that followed. Now, due to some random stroke of inspiration, Soraya had undertaken the arduous task of beginning to restore the group to its former glory (and quite happily assuming all the power it involved).

BEEP !

Had her face the ability to register emotion as easily as someone whose skin hadn't been encased beneath half a dozen stiff layers of foundation (the whole porcelain dead-dolly look was such a rage these days), the look on it now as her eyes widened could only be described as shock. Her comm, which had become detached from her side at some point during her 'meditation'-of-sorts, beeped incessantly from where it had fallen into the great trash-filled yonder that was the (now indistinguishable) floor.

"How did you do it, Sway ?" Soraya muttered under her breath, fumbling with the various empty takeaway cartons deposited by her feet in search of the missing comm-link. She passed her tongue absently over her recently acquired lip piercing, wincing slightly as the metal pressed against the inside of her mouth; as much as she loved her newfound power and all the bonuses it entailed, she was still finding it rather difficult to adjust to the role of leader.

Granted, she had always been second-in-command (so to speak) when Sway was around and in charge of things, but this whole management shindig would take some getting used to -- just when was the last time she had balanced accounts (illegal or not), anyway ?

Not that she'd ever allow her subordinates to figure out her insecurities, though... after all, how hard could it be, exactly ? Wrapping her fingers around the device, Soraya played around with a few of the buttons and waited for the Candy Store's front doorman (and hired gunman) to confirm the arrival of the company's newest recruits. Almost immediately the display on the largest screen behind her honed in to focus on only the cameras above the front entrance.

"Show them in, Randyl," she instructed the guard, eyes narrowed in scrutiny. Once this too was avowed, Soraya swivelled around on her chair and propped her elbows up on the large desk, legs crossed. If only it were possible to ignore her rather... colourful... appearance, she appeared quite the figure of authority.

Soraya cleared her throat. "Come in."

Mr Wednesdaydale
Sep 16th, 2003, 02:19:10 PM
The door creaked open. Randyl stepped inside, a shade or two paler than usual, followed by a much paler old man, with coke bottle spectacles and bad teeth. He blinked in Soraya's direction...and smiled.

"Wull 'ello, luv. Ah lil burdie whenna whisp'rin in mah ear, 'n tha crow's walk es yew've up'n got enta th' confection'ry business, savvy?"

Ladina Mertil
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:14:13 PM
Ladina walked quietly behind the gaurd and the others. At first she seemed the more stand-offish type, but once you got to know her that all changed. Ladina had been going through some big changes in her life and it seemed she finally found something was going to be stable: Severe.

It was a several nights ago when Ladina was working at her part-time job, Groove (a local young adult bar,) when someone whispered in her ear. She was automatically intrigued. Once she found out about it, she wanted to know more. That's what brought her to the Candy Shop.

She looked around, the atmoshere of the room was attractive. Though it wasn't the most welcoming, it was nice. The red glow gave it a home feeling, very laid back. Which is what Ladina was accustomed to. She smiled to the brightly colored woman sitting looking at them, and bowed her head to her.

"Ladina Mertil."

Was all she dared to speak until first spoken too. Ladina knew how this business worked, and like every other business, one must show respect to their employer.

Soen Spellflinger
Sep 24th, 2003, 01:11:03 PM
Soen has chosen this place to hide. Thugs and gangs and prostitutes beat him up if they find him, and this is a very safe place. People stay far away from it, for whatever reason. Soen thinks it may be because the building is old, and might collapse sometime soon. He wishes it would, so he wouldn't have to be so pathetic anymore.

The little magician is hiding under the counter, curled into a ball and listening to the old store creak. It's soothing, in a way, and Soen feels quite calm, at least, until voices come floating up out of the basement. Instantly he freezes, afraid of being found. But maybe...maybe if he finds them first, and keeps track of where they are, he can evade them! Carefully he gets out from under the counter, taking his staff and creeping through the store to the very back, moving down into the depths. He can hear them clearly, and hides behind the door, unseen, listening.

Turcyn Rorke
Oct 12th, 2003, 02:50:12 PM
“You Sway?” he spoke, regarding the bright–haired lass behind the desk.

He allowed his stare to bounce from Wednesdaydale to Ladina for a brief instant, but his main focus was Soraya; he couldn’t quite take his eyes off her in knowing that he knew her from somewhere. It didn’t click quite yet, but he wasn’t one to forget a face, especially one that would belong to a female.

Sin Vamel
Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:20:21 AM
Apprehensive at first, Sin found himself warming to the depths at the rear of the candy store quicker than he had anticipated. This was the underground, lterally and figuratively, and this is what he'd been searching. He wasn't clever and he was no leader but he knew that is was in the less-than-honest means of making ends meet that he would find his place. It would be in the refurbished basement of an old sweet shop that he would start anew. For now, he didn't speak, he didn't need to because the rest were doing it for him. Instead he turned to the redhead at his side and gave her a wink.

"Makes you feel right at home, doesn't it?" He said in a hushed voice, folding his arms and resting against the wall behind him.

Vysten Ambre
Nov 23rd, 2003, 04:22:29 PM
Vysten Ambre looked at the man standing beside her and narrowed her eyes. "And just what are ya insinuating," she whispered, once again letting her instinct of sarcasm seem through her words.

She shifted a little closer to him and let her voice drop even lower, Vysten was not a timid person by any means, but getting killed was certainly not on the top of her list of priorities. "Alright, Skippy, you're doin' the talking. I'm just here for uh, moral support." She flashed a grin at Sin. "And of course, to look pretty."

Dead Sound
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:30:38 AM
"Well now, for a minute there I thought Severe died."

Leaning against the door frame, he took out a lighter and lit the cigarette hanging from his lips. It had been far too long since he had last entered their "official" meeting grounds, and, taking note of the changes, wasn't quite sure if he liked it.

He missed Sway, but knew that the full blow of the woman's disappearance was laid rather hard on Soraya. The two were like sisters - always together. The question was always on his mind, though - what exactly happened to Sway? It wasn't like the gal couldn't take of herself, but he figured that she had probably overdosed, killing herself.

"Long time no see, Soraya."

Sin Vamel
Nov 24th, 2003, 12:35:55 PM
"Yeah, you just let me do the talking, I'm good at that. It's how I swept you off your feet, right baby?" He was already grinning before Vysten him shot him an incerdulous look. He leaned in close and ran his finger down her petite nose, then softly over her lips, pulling at her lower lip before giving his firey-haired partner a kiss. He kept close, their noses were touching. "You just stand there and look good, I'll sort everything out."

Another wink and he pulled away and approached the now small circle formed between the people in the messy basement. He picked up the odd name here and there but knew it better to not speak until spoken to.

xsmokingmanx
Dec 1st, 2003, 07:51:43 PM
Jason walked into the building an Asian woman at his side who could most pass for Ladina Mertil's twin. He walked through the old building heading for the basement. This was the place of the meeting for a new business or old, Jason was still unclear on that. Being a big business man it was his duty to get the edge on the market and joining this group of entrepreneur seemed like the right idea.

Jason had dressed down for this meeting only wearing his old flight jacket and jeans. It was totally different then his normal business suit he usual be wearing at the office. His daughter who accompanied him was not impressed with her fathers latest endeavor, she would rather have him searching for her foul brother. Jason paid it no mind though this was what he did and loved.

"Hello I am smoker and this my daughter Nicky Huu."