PDA

View Full Version : A new Master request...(Council)

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:51:58 PM
Quay'Na had been thinking long and hard on the subject of requesting a new master.

Master Sage had been nothing, but good to her but....had been gone for quite sometime and wasn't for sure where he was or when he was coming back. Since then, she'd had a lot of 'stuff' happen and most of it hadn't been good 'stuff'.

And the sad thing, was Sage wasn't even aware of it. Or how bad it had gotten in his absence.

Dressed in freshly cleaned and ironed Padawan attire she stepped up to the Council room doors and opened them as she had several times in the past, to ask for help through her troubled times.

Several Council members were about as she stepped into the room. She bowed to their presence and began. "Greetings." She smiled. "I've come here today in the hopes of fulfilling a request I have." She stopped for a second as she looked at all of them. "As you know, I'm Sage Hazzard's Padawan and it's been a long while since I've been in contact with him or otherwise. I mean no disrespect to him, but I believe it is time to request a new Master for myself. I wish to continue my training and I believe I could really use the direction of a master."

Kelt Simoson
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:45:02 PM
Kelt smiled gently as the Jedi Padawan made her way into the the Council Room, he had only met Quay'Na once before, and had enjoyed it quite alot. It had been a busy week concerning masters as of late. Jacali had nearly left Dasquian, Kelt was glad however that one was resolved between the two with a great result. Then the poor Sejah, and now Quay'Na.

Althrough Kelt had of course an opinion on the matter, he would allow first his fellow Council to project their idea on the situation before saying his. Kelt remained silent, but concentrated on the words that would be spoken.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:17:36 AM
Wei listened to the Padawan's request. It seemed reasonable enough. She wanted to learn, but she wasn't learning. So she was setting out to change her situation so that she would be learning. It made Wei smile.

"I'm glad to see that you are so eager to learn," he said with a chuckle. "And your request is indeed reasonable. However, even as members of the Council we would be hard pressed to try to help you. Most of the Jedi here take Padawans as their schedules see fit. We cannot force someone to teach you."

Wei pushed his glasses back onto the bridge of his nose. "However, I can suggest that you try this: While you may not be able to find one person to teach you everything, it is indeed quite possible that you can find many people to teach you one thing."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 11:18:58 AM
“An excellent suggestion, Wei. Perhaps that course of action would be best suited to your somewhat demanding needs?”

Kelt Simoson
Sep 16th, 2003, 11:30:18 AM
' I also agree with this suggestion, perhaps take part in some of the initiate classes currently being held?' Kelt suggested, his smile gentle and and kind.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 16th, 2003, 04:29:53 PM
Quay'Na remained silent as she listened intently to the suggestions of the Council, waiting for any others.

The thought of attending the classes, didn't sound too appealing...but...if that's what they wanted....

Morgan Evanar
Sep 16th, 2003, 04:59:56 PM
Morgan had been quiet. His brain had been too busy thinking to run his mouth.

"I could take Quay'Na as my Padawan. I think she and Hayes could learn a lot from each other. Putting her in a class would be a diservice, at this point."

Sene Unty
Sep 16th, 2003, 07:02:23 PM
Sene Unty sighed outside the door to the council chamber. After a few seconds of silent contimplation he nodded and entered. The room was silent, the council seated around the padawan Quay'Na as they awaited an answer from her. He had disturbed something. He instantly regretted his decision.

"I am sorry to intrude on the councils discussions here."

Sene paused to allow anyone to tell him to leave. They didn't so he continued.

"If it would please the council I would like to take Quay'Na as my padawan learner up until Sage can return."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 16th, 2003, 09:41:41 PM
The Padawan felt suddenly torn as she looked from Morgan to Sene.

Master Evanar had been there for her so many times and he was offering his mentorship to her.

But. lately she had also met Sene and they had become quite good friends and she had no idea that he would offer to want to become her mentor as well.

She bowed in Sene's direction and smiled lightly. "Master Sene, this would not be a temporary replacement. I'm seeking a permenant replacement for the remainder of my training."

Sene Unty
Sep 16th, 2003, 10:14:39 PM
Something was wrong here. Sene's face reddened as he looked back and forth at the people. He had made a mistake. Apparently a descision had been made and he had come too late.

"Master Sene, this would not be a temporary replacement. I'm seeking a permenant replacement for the remainder of my training."

Sene nodded, "If that is what you wish than that is fine..."

He took a quick breath then turned to the council, "But apparently a decision has been made. I apologize if I stepped on any toes here. That was never my intention."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:02:05 AM
Quay'Na felt for Sene, but pretty much the decision had been made, she would be taken under the charge of Morgan. They had talked about it some earlier.

She just hadn't been sure if he were willing to take her on, until just now. Quay'Na felt the Master/Padawan bond between them was right.

Quay'Na turned to Morgan and bowed. "It would be an honor to be under your charge, Master Evanar."

She would talk to Sene afterwards, she owed him that.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:11:56 PM
Kelt smiled gently.

' Thank you Master Evanar...' Kelt said turning head towards Morgan, a kind grin escaping his lips. ' I think if i may speak on Wei's and Dasquian's behalf that we mearly suggested the option of initiate classes purely on the basis that perhaps we could not arrange a Master for her.' Kelt bowed his head toward the master and then turned back towards Quay'Na.

' Congratulations Quay'Na ' Kelt said, bowing his head once more.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:05:32 PM
Wei laughed. "Well, classes were not at all what I had in mind. I meant that you should seek out a Knight to tutor you one-on-one over one particular subject, but..." Wei laughed a little harder, "It seems that your wish has been granted."

The smile faded from Wei's face and he spoke in a more serious tone. "I am very proud of you, Quay'Na," he said. "You have learned a valuable lesson in my eyes. The lesson being that nothing will change until action is taken. We Jedi can never hope to change the world for the better if we choose to sit in our rooms and cloisters and meditate all day. Learn well from your new teacher, Quay'Na. And may the Force be with you."

Sene Unty
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:07:23 PM
Sene nodded at Quay'Na's answer and the councils words. Then he turned and left the room the same way he had entered.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:02:58 PM
Quay'Na smiled gently towards Sene and then looked upon the council again. "Thank you, Masters."

She looked in Master Evanar's direction. "I will be awaiting your call, Master."

With a deep breath, she returned her gaze to the rest of them. "If there is nothing else to be said, I shall take my leave."

Quay'Na waited for a few moments.

Seeing that no one else had anything else to say. "Thank you all for your time." She said as she bowed politely to them all and took her leave.