PDA

View Full Version : Coming alive again...(Open)

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:09:59 AM
Quay'Na Rakai stood just outside Yog's B&G. How long had it been since the last time she'd been there? Well...months.

It was a little nerve-racking, but it was time to throw away all her old pasts and come back to the land of the living, after all she had survived a night on the town with her friends. This would be no different, well hopefully not.

With a deep breath, she entered.

The place was busy as normal and she chose a booth near the back. Not many even noticed her walk in and that could be a good thing or a bad, but it didn't matter.

A server droid rolled up and she placed a drink order and began looking at the menu. She really needed to start eating better again, her weight had dropped drastically from living on crackers and whatever Sage had in his cabinets, which was practically nothing now.

With a smile, she chose a very healthy Vegetarian Stir-fry and a side of fried rice, when the server droid reappeared with her drink.

She tapped her foot to the music that was playing and leaned back to enjoy the scenery of all the people and relax.

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:21:47 AM
A shadow was cast over Quay’Na’s booth.

"Hello."

There was a young man stood by her table, with a full glass of something aquamarine blue in one hand.

"Can I sit here?" he asked, "There aren’t any other free seats."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:38:07 AM
Quay'Na looked up and smiled. "Sure, be my guest. I don't mind sharing."

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:00:38 AM
"Thank you."

A momentary smile twitched his lips as he slid somewhat stiffly down into the opposite side of the booth. His glass was sat down, and for a moment he allowed his gaze to rove around the bar and grill, once again taking in the sights, sounds and layout.

"Garth Selachii," he turned back to the woman with whom he sat, "Pleased to meet you."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:04:45 AM
"Quay'Na Rakai," she answered back with a nod. "I've not seen you here before...but then again I've taken a rather long leave from here so...I'm not surprised."

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:08:27 AM
"It's my first time here."

Quay'Na Rakai. That was an interesting name. For some reason, he was sure he'd heard it before. For a moment he took the time to think on this, apparently studying his drink as he tried to place the familiarity.

"A long leave from here," he stated, "I can't imagine why."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:13:42 AM
"Taking care of personal business you could say." She told him with a smile. "Though, I must admit it's nice to meet a new face, especially one who's not been here before."

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:16:13 AM
"Yes."

His voice may have sounded bland, empty even, but it was simply his nature and not a personal jab at Quay’Na. The next question was best asked sooner rather than later, he decided.

"Are you one of the Jedi?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:27:24 AM
Quay'Na looked at him and shrugged. "Yes, I'm a Jedi Padawan."

This was kinda interesting now, she began to study him slightly, just taking in any vibes that may give her an idea who he was.

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:29:00 AM
"How fascinating."

Again, Garth seemed to smile slightly, but it was a cold smile.

"You aren't allowed many freedoms as a Jedi, are you?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:37:21 AM
"Yeah, we're allowed to do just about whatever we want as long as it's not against the law and we stay out of trouble." She told him as she food came and was sat before her.

It looked great, as she took her napkin and placed it on her lap. "Did you want to order anything?" She felt kinda strange eating in front of a total stranger.

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:39:04 AM
"Oh, no," he held up an apologetic hand, "I've already eaten."

His hands folded together on the table top.

"Jedi aren't allowed to love, are they?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:54:33 AM
Love...phfft...that word really sucked for her right now...

"Yes," she nodded solemnly. "We are allowed to love, marry...have kids." She sighed slightly and took a bite.

Her selection was excellent and it lifted her spirit as she thought it would.

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:58:48 AM
"Have you done those things?" he asked.

Garth could be subtle when he needed, and other times, such as now, he was about as subtle as a brick in the face.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:04:40 PM
Quay'Na about choked by his forwardness. "Haven't we all? Some are just luckier than others when it comes to love."

She took a drink and put it down. "If you don't mind, that is just a subject, I'd rather leave alone."

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:54:13 PM
With child-like tenacity, he asked:

"Why?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:15:01 PM
Quay'Na sighed at his boldness. "Because love sucks." She finally told him, not really caring how bad it sounded.

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:17:08 PM
"Oh."

He looked down into his glass at the still untouched liquid, then back up at Quay'Na.

"My apologies."

His hand, wrapped around the glass, rose into the air and brought the tumbler to his lips. Selachii took a sip then said over the rim of the glass.

"... Is there anything you would like to talk about?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:24:39 PM
"Sure, what is it that you've got there in that tumbler? I could use something really strong about now."

Talking about love just made the Padawan depressed and a good glass of alcohol could elivate that.

Garth Selachii
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:30:52 PM
"Absinthe."

Garth smiled and lifted the glass, offering it out.

"Would you like a drink?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:13:06 PM
"Yes, yes I would like a drink." She took the glass and took a swallow.

It made her eyes water, but she swallowed it down anyway. It burnt, but she didn't care.

Garth Selachii
Sep 16th, 2003, 11:35:02 AM
Garth smiled, “It reminds me of licorice.”

A droid rolled over, honing in on the slowly dwindling glass, and Garth requested that the bottle be left on the table. There was some reluctance at first, but it complied and left the small chalice by the young mans hand.

“Where are you from?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 04:39:03 AM
Quay'Na shook her head for a second and then wiped the tears from her eyes. "Yes, it's very good..." She told him with a half grin. "I'm from Corellia, yourself?" She took another bite of her vegetable concotion before her.

Garth Selachii
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:34:26 AM
He tapped the table with his index finger, “Coruscant.

… I have heard that the Sith control Corellia.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:39:36 AM
"Seemingly so, I'm glad I got out of there in time. I've been gone for nearly six years now and I really don't think I'll be going back anytime soon." She shrugged and took another bite. The drink must have been strong, she could feel it already.

Garth Selachii
Sep 20th, 2003, 02:17:46 PM
Garth gave a small nod and took a sip of his drink. If he was being affected by it, it wasn’t showing. The topic of conversation took another swerve.

“What do you like to do, Miss Rakai? When you are not training, that is.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 20th, 2003, 02:51:26 PM
"I study, nowadays. There's always a lot to learn. So, I bury myself in my studies." She didn't look up, her eyes remained on her plate.

Garth Selachii
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:00:53 AM
“Studying can be most beneficial.”

Garth gave a sage nod.

“What is it that you study?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:08:44 AM
She looked up at him confidently. "Anything and everything that has to do with the animal kingdom. Mostly anatomy right now though."

"So, now you know what I do, what exactly is it that you do, Mr. Selachi?"

Garth Selachii
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:13:21 AM
Garth thought for a moment.

“Taxes,” he said eventually.

“But only as a hobby. My father is well off enough so that, if I chose to, I would not have to work.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:25:32 AM
"Oh," She sighed, as she thought of her own parents. They were well off too on Corellia, but she'd never think about using their money so she wouldn't have to work. "I like to work, especially learning to be a Jedi. It's very fulfilling to me."

Garth Selachii
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:39:37 AM
“Yes. I get the same feeling from my job.”

This was true, even of Garth’s real occupation. He felt as though he had made the world a better place after completing an assignment – after all, someone must be exceedingly evil for a person to be willing to spend money to have them killed.

“Why did you become a Jedi, Miss Rakai?”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 08:39:54 AM
Quay'Na shrugged. "I'm not a Jedi yet, I'm just a Padawan. I guess, because of my love for animals. About six years ago my Uncle Aramis realized that I had Force powers after I stopped a pack of Muudabok's from attacking a carnival in a small villiage that I lived in."

Garth Selachii
Sep 21st, 2003, 08:41:01 AM
Garth’s brow furrowed faintly.

“I thought a Jedi and a Padawan were one and the same.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 08:45:53 AM
"Over all, I guess so, but rank it's different. I'm just an apprentice right now."