PDA

View Full Version : Asimov Savin...

Figrin D'an
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:28:19 AM
Through others and through an IP check, I've become aware that this person, who recently posted at the main board claiming to be a n00b, is in fact Dios Kane/Fiend. His Asimov character is currently posting the GJO Grounds, attempting to join.

I usually don't have a problem with the concept of "fresh starts", as it were... but this brings up a more difficult situation, IMO. Not only is this person a well-known god-moder and nuisance, but he's attempting to join groups (yes, more than one with more than one new character) and reintegrate himself into the board community under false pretenses.

I'm looking for opinions on this. Personally, I'm leaning towards the idea of confronting him with this information, and seeing if he is willing to admit his identity. If he does so, and understands that he's going to be watched... I'm inclined to let him join with his Asimov character. If he wishes to remain anonymous to the board at large... fine. Trying to pull a fast one on mods and admins isn't too smart, though. If he continues with his typical RPing pattern with his new characters, he'll likely be blacklisted anyway and will find himself in the same situation he did with his previous characters.

I'm open to suggestions and differences of opinion, however.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:54:04 AM
Well, let's divvy it up, shall we?

Positives:
- Trying to have a clean slate
- Hasn't caused trouble yet

Negatives:
- Deception
- Past history

Well, I say if Dios has been banned from here, we notify him that he will be watched and has two fewer strikes before getting whacked with the allmighty banhammer.

If he's good, we just watch him. :) He tries to pull anything..... back to step one.

Figrin D'an
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:01:00 AM
If Dios had been banned, I'd pull out the ban hammer on this new account of his immediately. If you get banned, it's universal. It's not just on one account.

But, he hasn't. There was potential for an incident with him back in April, but nothing ever actually occured.

So... I'm kind of torn on this. I don't like the fact that he's being dishonest and deceitful about this, but it's not exactly an "admin smackdown" type of offense... at least not yet.

William Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:17:56 PM
I say if he hasn't been banned with his other character, then let him try a clean start with this new one. But do keep an eye on him as he has the potential to cause trouble.

Though, I would like to know which are his other characters if he is indeed starting fresh in other groups. It'd be easier to keep an eye on him.

Estelle Russard
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:59:55 PM
Watch and Wait.

The first signs of assing up then we advise him that we know who he is and to consider it is first and final warning.

He knows the drill - if his old habits surface, there is no excuse imo.