PDA

View Full Version : Refresh my Memory here....

imported_Firebird1
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:28:22 PM
Umm.. Could you explain to me if it is legal in an RP to edit in an attack? I just ask that because I had someone knock me out via edit.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:33:06 PM
Fire, I already explained this to you in PM, it was already there, don't start....keep this in PM form as it should be.....

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:33:30 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, and you have a spelling error in your signature. It should be "You're" :)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:34:15 PM
he's saying I added in an attack against him but I didn't, the only thing I editted after him was the OOC line....and if you read when I sent the first pm you would see it was right after I made my post originally.....

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:36:58 PM
Well, then it's your word against his. If you say you didn't change the attack, then his response should be still correct.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:39:13 PM
I was trying to knock him out so he wouldn't get mangled trying to be nice but nooo, I see how my kindness is repaid.....if he read his pm when I sent it to him before he posted instead of later today then he wouldn't have this problem.....

imported_Firebird1
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:45:48 PM
Videl, you added in a knockout. Last night the end of the post said something about Sorsha taking both Fire and Straffe, now it reads knockout.

WTHeck?

Look, I'm trying to get out of the thread as it is otherwise why would my ship be there?

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:49:32 PM
I'm sorry if you can't read but I knocked you out, I pmed you right after I did it saying I was sorry for having to do it....now I was trying to keep Kitty off you since I didn't like the idea and now you pull this on me? let's take this to AIM now so this can be fixed instead of post war please.....

imported_Firebird1
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:56:57 PM
I don't have AIM on this machine right now, so my options are very limited.

Look, you don't edit in an attack like that. There is no need to protect me from Kitty, she couldn't get to me if she wanted to.

Thats what happens when your character becomes a cyborg, and then gets better via a story you haven't told yet.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:59:21 PM
for the last time I did not edit it an attack! look at when I orginally posted then when it says I pmed you, how is that edit in an attack when I said sorry about having to knock you out 6 minutes after I made my post?

imported_Firebird1
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:27:24 PM
:|

Alright I believe you, but in a fight like this I can't stay knocked out. Too many bad things can happen in a fight like this to the ones who stay down.

:|

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:29:25 PM
as you wish but talk to me next time before doing this.....:(

Pierce Tondry
Sep 15th, 2003, 06:50:03 AM
If I were you, Sorr, I'd lay off auto-fighting. You never do it well or fairly, IMO.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:57:02 PM
auto-fighting? :huh

Evil Hobgoblin
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:00:51 PM
Auto-hitting or auto-replying for an opponent. Essentially assigning a particular outcome as a result of an attack, such as "I hit you on the head and knock you out". It's up to the person you're fighting to decide how they react.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:03:56 PM
heh, why don't ya mind own your business eh? I have my reasons when I do it and the only reason it became a problem was because he didn't read my pm to him....I'm not in the mood for anymore bash Sorr so quit it.....

Sorsha Kasajian
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:09:45 PM
I'll make this real simple. Firebird has a way out now, and it's up to him to take it. If he want's to stick around and play the hero, that's fine too.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:16:56 PM
Originally posted by Evil Hobgoblin
Auto-hitting or auto-replying for an opponent. Essentially assigning a particular outcome as a result of an attack, such as "I hit you on the head and knock you out". It's up to the person you're fighting to decide how they react. Seconded as not being good form.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:19:42 PM
le sigh, I've only done that twice, ALpha was okay with it, if Fire had read his pm, he might have too....I had my reason which I have explained to the parties involved.....can we just let this die?

Evil Hobgoblin
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:20:30 PM
Sorr: That was mostly advice coupled with an opinion- you can take it for what you will, like what I've said or not. I had a problem with you over the same cause several months back, so I have some applicable experience here.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:21:40 PM
Don't even start trying to tell me what to do here. I am the last person you want to make angry, trust me.

I stated an opinion. I did not bash anyone in particular in doing so, just stated an opinion.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:23:54 PM
hmm? I was asking to let the arguing go speaking to Hob, not to end it....Fire and I are done but Hob is starting more.....

TheHolo.Net
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:24:51 PM
It is not arguing, it is advice, and good advice at that. Learn to tell the difference.

Evil Hobgoblin
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:34:32 PM
Sorr: Nah, I've said all I intended. I wouldn't have gone beyond the first post, in fact, but my two previous posts explained a couple things (a: what I meant by auto-fighting and b: that I had no particular intent to insult).

You and I RP in separate circles anyway, so it's not like I'd go out of my way to flame you. Besides, I've already said you can take my suggestion for what you will and I'm leaving it at that.

Sorsha Kasajian
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:54:40 PM
Originally posted by Firebird1
she couldn't get to me if she wanted to.

:rolleyes

Don't count on this being the last time we meet. :D

Kelt Simoson
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:03:28 PM
Im sorry Sorr, i hate to blow the boat, but i to actually noticed that you edited an attack. I was going to leave it to save arguments, but since this is up i shall admit to my observation, i to noticed the edit.

I play both Sieken and Kelt in that thread, for refrence.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:17:27 PM
Kelt this is finished, enough, I did not, explained it all.....Fire and I have gone over it and over it.....I editted a few mins after I posted for typos then I editted in a OOC line after Fire posted again.....yes I editted that OOC line a few times since I kept thinking opps, that sounds too mean......

Kitty McQuade
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:21:57 PM
move along ... move along

Pierce Tondry
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:28:39 PM
I think the question to be answered is: did Kelt see just the fact that the attack had been edited, or did he notice a specific change to the attack's content at the time of the edit (i.e. Videl going after Firebird in addition to whatever else)?

It makes a difference to know, so don't think I'm leaping into this thing to argue more. I'm just trying to help clarify.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:32:58 PM
do you all want me to post the pm I did? I will if it will end this.....I pmed Fire saying sorry I about knocking him out after I made my post originally.....

Kitty McQuade
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:33:49 PM
I don't think it matters anymore

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:42:01 PM
QuickQuote
09-13-03 11:21 PM
Post #73

that's when I posted up there.....

here's my pm.....

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
SWFans.Net Poster

sowwy but I gotta....
Videl is under Sorsha's command so I had to take you out for the sake of keeping Straffe....you're just knocked out cold, no death or pain except a big headache.....*sighs* I'm the general type thingy under Kitty of this whole group, supposed to keep them in line, protect Kitty and cause severe damage to keep up the fear within the ranks.....pretty much I'm the skullcrusher whatever that is...once again, sorry.....

09-13-03 11:26 PM Offline

Fire posted:

QuickQuote
09-13-03 11:58 PM
Post #74

now what time does this all that say? so please drop it....

Kitty McQuade
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:52:29 PM
:headbash

imported_Firebird1
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:14:49 PM
Ok kids, there is nothing more to see here. I think the issue is over, for now.

And don't worry Kitty, I was planning on it...Just let me be the one to set the next backyard for the BBQ.