PDA

View Full Version : Do you know what it means to be a Jedi? (Telexia)

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 14th, 2003, 03:44:53 PM
Wei was up in a tree in the gardens, climbing high into the top of the tree, and then coming down again to the lowest branch. Wei sat down on the low branch and leaned backwards so he hung upside-down by his legs.

"Things sure do look different like this," Wei said. Then he saw a Padawan walking towards him. Wei pulled himself back up into the tree and waited until she passed under him.

"Hi," he said from the tree. "How are you doing today?"

Telexia Xio
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:03:05 AM
Telexia turns around, and gets a puzzled expression on her face when she doesn't see anybody behind her. After a moment, she looks up and gets an embarressed look on her face.

"I'm doing alright today, just a bit confused with everything. And yourself?"

Telexia is dressed in a tight red leather outfit, her hair is pulled back into a long braid which goes down her back.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:34:38 PM
"I'm having a rather nice day, actually. Got things done. Sorry to hear that you're confused. But you know, I might be able to help you out."

Wei hopped down from the branch. "Hi, I'm Wei Wu Wei. Jedi Knight."

Telexia Xio
Sep 19th, 2003, 08:00:16 AM
"I'm glad to hear that your having a nice day and I'm pleased to meet you Wei. My names Telexia."

Telexia goes silent for a moment before continuing to speak.

"If you don't mind me asking, how might you be able to help me out?"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 19th, 2003, 01:48:38 PM
"By listening to you tell me what you are confused about. I can't help you until you tell me what it is that's weighing so heavy on your heart and mind."

Wei beckoned Telexia to walk with him. "So, what're you confused about?"

Telexia Xio
Sep 20th, 2003, 08:49:09 AM
Telexia is quiet for a few moments, knowing that if she talks about what she is confused about, then she might sound stupid. But after several moments of thinking this over she finally responds.

"I've only been with the Order for a short while. And only the day before I joined the Order, did I find out about the Jedi and the Force.

I may have joined the Order for a selfish reason, I want the visions I get to stop, but I want to be able to understand more about the Jedi so I can be a true Jedi. I want to be able to use the Force so I can help others out."

Telexia then adds in her mind to herself 'and I want to prove to my family that I am not crazy.'

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 20th, 2003, 09:13:54 AM
Wei smiled. "Well, as long as you continue your training in the mindset of helping other people, then you're already on your way to becoming a true Jedi. So, how do you suppose we Jedi can help other people?"

Telexia Xio
Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:02:40 AM
"By helping those that are in need of help and to try and defuse potentially dangerous situations as peacefully as possible."

Telexia answered, believing what she is saying, and hoping that it is the right answer as well.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:47:25 PM
"I agree. Help those who need it, and solve problems as peacefully as possible. So what does it take to defuse a situation? What do you have to do to release tensions?"

Telexia Xio
Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:44:07 AM
"You need to talk to the different parties involved to find out why the situation has gotten to where it is and then you can help them come to a peaceful conclusion with no more than words."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:56:04 PM
"Talk? We talk to them? Are you sure? If we're going to be any help, then we have to know what's going on. So let's not say that it is us to talk to them. Instead, let's say that they talk to us. And we listen. Did you know that sometimes all it takes to solve a problem is a listening ear?" Wei chuckled.

"Sometimes, we don't even have to offer a solution. All we Jedi have to do is listen. People need to know that they are worth another person's time and effort. By listening, we show them that we care enough about them to let them talk about their frustrations, and that can be a big comfort in itself."

Telexia Xio
Sep 24th, 2003, 12:03:37 PM
"Yes you do listen, but sometimes you do need to talk as well. And if there is a situation which is getting violent, you need to say something to them, in hopes that they will talk to you so you can listen."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 24th, 2003, 12:18:00 PM
Wei liked what he was hearing from the Padawan Telexia. She seemed to already have a good understanding of dialogue and parley.

"Well, let's suppose that no amount of soken assurance can keep this person from committing some act of violence. What do you do?"

Telexia Xio
Sep 25th, 2003, 08:12:49 AM
Telexia frowns slightly at Wei's question since she has no answer for it.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what to do then."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:24:21 PM
"Well, you have to stop them somehow. And if they want a fight so bad, give them one. But your main aim should be not to hurt or maim or kill. Only to incapacitate or wear out the opponent."

Wei pushed up his glasses. "You can't say that you've done the guy any good by mangling him, now can you?"

Telexia Xio
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:42:35 PM
"No, you can't because when he recovers, he'll most likely want to get even with you so you only delayed it or made it worse."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 25th, 2003, 01:53:28 PM
Wei noticed up ahead a fork in the path. Wei chose the left road and motioned for Telexia to follow him.

"That's right. So, why do you think people are driven to anger and violence?"

Telexia Xio
Sep 28th, 2003, 10:09:56 AM
"For some ppl, it is how they were raised. If they are raised with nothing but anger and violence, then that is what they learn as right. Others are driven by being hurt by somebody else. Some more choose it without any incentive."

Telexia pauses for a moment as she comes across a flower which she kneels down to smell. Believing that if you can take time to smell the flowers, you'll see more things then if you don't.

"But no matter what the background for it is, it is there choice to use anger and violence."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:53:08 PM
Wei allowed Telexia's words to turn over a few times in his head. "Indeed it is their choice. And we cannot make them choose one way or the other. But people are violent for one reason or the other. And nine times out of ten you will find that it is because they have a hurt that they don't know how to fix."

Telexia Xio
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:50:49 AM
Telexia nods her head slightly, agreeing with Wei. She keeps silent, not having anything more to add to what Wei said. A smile is on her face as she stops again to smell a flower.

"I was once told that if you take the time to smell a flower, you will see more then if you just rush past."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 30th, 2003, 01:11:23 PM
Wei shrugged. "I suppose that can be true."

Wei reviewed the conversation in his head. "I don't think you have much to be confused about. You said you wanted to help other people, and now that we have talked for a while, I find that you knew how to help people all along. You just didn't know it."

Wei smiled. "Tell me, who is your teacher?"

Telexia Xio
Sep 30th, 2003, 01:15:39 PM
"I have no teacher though I wish I did have one. That way I'd be able to learn more about the Force and the Jedi."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 30th, 2003, 02:07:57 PM
"Then I will teach you. That is, if you accept my offer."

Telexia Xio
Sep 30th, 2003, 06:39:16 PM
Telexia nods her head slightly.

"I would like that very much, to have you teach me."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 30th, 2003, 09:15:28 PM
Wei gave a broad smile. "Good. We will begin once I have decided on a lesson plan for you. Are there any techniques in particular that you are interested in?"

Telexia Xio
Oct 1st, 2003, 08:00:51 AM
"Not really. Though I do like to actually do what I'm instructed to do, even if it takes me awhile in order to actually get the hang of it."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 1st, 2003, 09:33:50 PM
"There will be plenty of application. Inside and outside of training sessions."

Wei chuckled. When he was a Padawan, everyday was an application drill. He enjoyed it thoroughly.

Telexia Xio
Oct 5th, 2003, 06:11:47 PM
Telexia smiles.

"Then I look forward to our training sessions."