PDA

View Full Version : Law and Order: Runaway Horses (or: Ye Olde Roleplaye) [complete]

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:12:16 AM
Continued from here (http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31833)...

Can't sleep tonight
I feel so shaken
The wind has changed again
You come to me
Straight out of nowhere
Taking me where I've never been

Suddenly all of my fences have broken
I'm cutting the reins of my life

Runaway horses
Take us through the night
Runaway horses
Hold on tight
Racing through the darkness
Trying to find a light
You and I on Runaway horses
Baby hold on tight

Out on this road
Everything changes
Nothing every stays the same
Faith comes and goes
Dreams are forsaken
We take our chances everyday

I want you here with me
Pray for our destiny
Here on this mystery ride

Open my eyes, there's so much light
I feel alive when I'm with you
With every end we'll begin again

Runaway horses
Take us through the night
Runaway horses
Hold on tight
Racing through the darkness
Trying to find a light
You and I on Runaway horses
Baby hold on tight

It was no small relief that upon arriving back at the Jedi Order, Dasquian had found Valanya safe and sound in her uncles’ room. Aaron had looked after the girl for the whole day and was a little confused, and perhaps angry, as to why his twin hadn’t returned him the prior evening. The details of the upcoming day were hashed out and Dasquian was relieved to hear that Aaron would once again act as a minder for his niece.

Between the time when he arrived and when he had to meet with Brielle he checked up on the latest bulletins, read the news, and changed into something more suited for the outdoor pursuits. Finally he thought he had waited long enough picked up the communications unit in his room to call Brielle just to let her know he was on his way.

With this done he headed down to the speeder park, hopped into the Watch officers car and soon enough was pulling up outside her building.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:25:15 AM
Brielle had cleaned the kitchen, made the bed and generally picked up throughout the penthouse after Dasquian left and that left her plenty of time to begin her laundry and get cleaned up in time for their afternoon ride.

It was after that she had called her friend, who immediately granted permission for Bri and a friend to visit her stables and ride all they wanted. In fact, the woman stated, do it anytime you like as she herself was too busy to give the animals all the exercise they truly needed.

Jodphurs, knee-high boots and a form-fitting shirt tucked in at the waist, completed her outfit. The young Watch officer sat on the roof as she waited for Dasquian to arrive.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:41:31 AM
Dasquian arrived up at the apartment once more. He wore a two-tone suede jerkin over a silk shirt in a deep green shade. His usual boots and vambraces were donned. He trooped up into Brielle’s room to find that she wasn’t there, and looked about with a little confusion.

“Brielle?”

He rocked back and forth on his heels, looking about in the rooms before finally finding her through the Force. He peeped up onto the roof, to see her all dressed up for the occasion. Suddenly his own traveling clothes felt a little inadequate.

“Hello up there. I see you’re ready.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:48:03 AM
For you, anytime, anyplace!

It still hadnt turly registered about Dasquian's abilities to read minds or 'hear' thoughts, so Brielle had no worries with letting her thoughts run freely as the lanky elf walked up to her.

"I t was just too nice to sit downstairs and wait. Im sorry, I should have let you know."

She hopped up from the outcropping she had been resting on and sauntered over to him.

"She gave me permission to ride anytime I wanted...isnt that great?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 11:19:13 AM
“It is,” he enthused, “We’ll be able to make it a regular outing.”

Up on the roof was higher than he had thought and for a moment he felt a little wobbling, as though his footing would vanish beneath him. Brielle must have noticed this, because she smiled.

“Shall we go then?”

“Let’s.”

The two made there way back down into the lift, getting a couple of odd looks from people. They must have looked, to some, like they were heading out to a masquerade ball or fancy dress party, all costumed as rider and ranger. Dasquian let Brielle drive, since he wasn’t exactly the most confident driver on the planet – he drove recklessly slow, to the point of aggravating people.

“I can’t imagine where this place could be… Coruscant is just one big labyrinth of skyscrapers to me.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 14th, 2003, 02:06:03 PM
Brielle glanced at him.

"I hope youre not expecting acres of open ground to run on - please tell me I didnt make it sound like that! She owns one of the local stables - anyone can rent and ride the horses there."

Bri cut across a few of the busier lanes and settled the vehicle in one that would take them out and around the city.

"But on the backside of the park, butting right up to it, she owns about 20 acres there - been in her family for years and years from what she told me. Thats where we'll ride."

The trip there took roughly over an hour but once parked, it was like stepping out into another world. Grass and trees were prevalent along with some flowers dotting the ground here and there.

The barn was large and had all the modern facilities one could want. The caretaker greeted them and Brielle indentified herself to which the man smiled and nodded.

"The boss said youd be by and to give you any help I could. Said too that you knew how to ride so I wouldnt have to worry 'bout you. Just pick any of the mounts you want and go from there."

Brielle and Dasquian both thanked him and entered the barn, making quick work of choosing and saddling their horses and minutes later were away from the stable, riding through a grove of trees.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 02:16:56 PM
Dasquian had picked a gorgeous black mount. It had taken to him quickly and was moving at a slow trot beside the horse on which Brielle was sat. He looked sideways at her, smiling broadly. The horses seemed to be enjoying having two new riders on them. He would have liked a good gallop across a great plain, but there wasn’t anywhere near the space needed for that.

“It’s a shame they don’t have larger land to ride on,” he voiced his thoughts.

“But this is nice, regardless.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 14th, 2003, 02:29:23 PM
The breeze blew lightly, fanning the couple's hair as they nudged their mounts into a slow canter. Brielle almost said aloud her thoughts of the night before, about wanting to own some land off planet but even to her it sounded presumptuous. Who knew this was going with Dasquian?

"Its great just to be out and round horses, even if I wasnt riding. I love everything about them."

She reached down, patting the neck of the palomino mare she had chosen.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:52:26 AM
“We learned on pit ponies… little things that weren’t even meant to be rode. They used to pull things out of the mines, but we would borrow them at night from the owner and give them a little run around.”

He smiled,

“We didn’t get the chance to ride full size horses until we became Jedi, actually.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:11:07 AM
"Ive ridden as long as I can remember. Got my first pony at the age of three and just went from there."

She smiled across at him as they rode.

"Can you shoot and ride at the same time?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:18:53 AM
“Indeed I can, although Aaron is a lot more skilled at it than I am. He spends a lot of time practicing, far much more than I have time for.”

He laughed quietly to himself.

“I shall show you some time… in a wide open space. I don’t want to end up hitting anything. I remember Aaron once accidentally brought a bird down out of the sky when he was first learning.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:29:49 AM
She grinned teasingly.

"If I ever need a great hunter, I'll know which brother to call."

There was no set path so Brielle and Dasquian rode where they wanted and were both pleased when the trees opened out onto a small meadow, complete with picturesque pond.

"This is too perfect! Now all we need is a picnic lunch and a waterfall."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:06:18 AM
“I should have thought of that.”

Inwardly, Dasquian sighed. This reminded him of a trip he’d taken with Xazor, which had been almost identical. They had ridden out on a single horse by night, on Yavin, and spent the evening in the splash pool beneath the waterfall. For a moment his eyes were fixed on the crashing water as this memory lingered, before he glanced back up to Brielle.

He swung himself down out of the saddle and took his horse by the reigns, leading it across to the pool.

“Here you go, have a drink,” he gave it a gently pat before leaning to the side, to try and see past the big beast to where Brielle was.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:13:40 AM
Riding up beside him, Bri threw a leg over the small pommel and slid to the ground. Walking beneath her mounts neck, she slipped the reins over its head and stood by the Jedi as the horses drank.

"I should have at least thought to bring us something to drink."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:20:52 AM
“We’ll just have to get something when we get back.”

With his ride taking a welcome drink, Dasquian lowered himself down to sit on the grass. He leant forward a little, and peered down into his reflection – wobbling and distorted. A more distance reflection appeared, as Brielle stood over him. He looked into her trembling image and smiled slightly.

“It’s odd, isn’t it, how one day you can find something so beautiful and tranquil, and never have realized it was here all alone.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:26:41 AM
Her eyes widened a split second after she realized that she had just barely managed to stop her lips from uttering, "Yes, like you."

Taking a breath, she nodded at his reflection below her own.

"I love the city and cant really picture living anywhere else...yet, at times I feel like I'll burst if I dont get away from it."

Turning slowly, Brielle looked all around her, finally saying what had been on her mind for some time.

"One of these days Im going to buy a nice chunk of land off planet and have a place like this of my own. A retreat from the world."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:31:22 AM
“I’d like to do that too.”

Dasquian propped his elbows against his knees, which were risen slightly, and his chin on his hands.

“But it would have to wait until I was no longer able to fulfill my role as a Jedi,” he added, voice trailing off quietly as he mused aloud:

“I’m not sure when that would be… if that time ever comes at all.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:03:25 PM
"Dont you guys ever..'retire'?"

The question put was half serious.

"Id hate to look down the road and see myself still in the Watch when Im 50 years old. Theres more to life than that...and I want to live it."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:08:09 PM
“I suppose we could, but becoming a Jedi isn’t just like getting a job. It’s vocational, a way of life. Unless you fall from the light, you will always be a Jedi, whether or not you are training and around the temple.”

It was something he looked forward to, growing old and becoming the wise man that people turned to, however unlikely it may have seemed.

“It’s not like a desk job where you just sit doing the same thing each day… you travel the world, meet people… it’s enriching, really.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:14:32 PM
"I can understand that to a point. But eventually, I want to put down some roots, have a single place I can call 'home'. A family, maybe..a husband, definitly."

Brielle shrugged lightly and sat down at his side.

"I guess thats what makes the world go 'round - everybody wanting something different."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:22:52 PM
“I’m not sure. I think a lot of us want the same thing, just go about getting it in different ways.”

He sat up, lowering his knees down and planting his hands in the grass a little way behind his body; so that he was leaning back a little.

“I’ve already done the settling down and family thing though, once before… maybe I’m not meant to do that again.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:32:03 PM
"Once burned, twice shy. Its easy to see why you would be hesitant. Not everyone is like her though, Dasquian. It would be terribly lonely to go through life without a mate."

The horses were grazing now along the banks of the pond, the muscles in their jaws rippling as they chewed the sweet mouthfuls.

Bri stood up and placed the reins back over her mounts head. Placing her hands on the saddle, she jumped up and quickly tossed her right leg on over it's back, then slipped her feet in the stirrups.

Turning her horses nose, she nudged him quickly to a fast trot and as they entered the trees, urged him into a canter.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:36:39 PM
Dasquian watched as Brielle disappeared. He couldn’t help but feel … awkward. Had he said something wrong? He pushed himself to his feet and once again looked at himself. Why was he talking about Xazor and Eiphos to her? It must have made him so appealing. He crossed his arms and lost himself in his thought until he felt a nudge at his side and saw that his charger had finished its meal and was apparently waiting to follow its friend.

“Off we go then, hm?”

Up back into the saddle and he made slowly after Brielle, letting the mount lead the way for the most part. Again he was neglecting to use the Force, but had such acute sight naturally that found it easy to follow the hoof prints in the turf.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:54:36 PM
The golden equine cleared another grove of trees. Spread out before Brielle's eyes was a long expanse of ground leading to another wooded area.

A grin split her lips. Looking down at the ground, she took notice that the footing was solid and not too wet. Perfect for a good, hard gallop....and a chase.

She dug her heels in the geldings sides and he leapt forward effortlessly, his powerful hindquarters gathering beneath him. Brielle drew her knees up higher and bent low over his neck and loosened the reins.. Like a golden streak, they flew across the pasture, her mounts hooves beating out a rhythmic tattoo.

As they drew even with the new grove, she pulled her horse up and walked him in. Here and there bushes covered the ground, some reaching to her waist.

An imp of mischieviousness overtook her. Sliding from the saddle, she walked her horse behind some of the taller bushes and looped the reins in the flimsy branches.

Scanning the ground, she picked up a long, straight stick and several nut shells scattered about. The shards went in her pocket and the stick sideways between her lips.

Taking a run and jump, she snagged a low hanging branch of a tree and scrambled her way up. Climbing up a couple of more branches, she waited for Dasquians appearance, which should lead him right below where she crouched in ambush.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:01:08 PM
He moved at a slow trot, following the tracks and, without realizing it, the echo of the Force. He had gotten a fair bit anxious while riding, wondering whether or not he had really said something wrong and huffed Brielle.

Suddenly the trees seemed to disappear and there was a great long expanse of thin ground. The chance to ride hard was not overlooked and Dasquian pressed his heels against the horse’s side, barely having to urge it on to go flat out.

The trouble came when, upon coming closer to a more thickly foliaged area, he tried to slow it down. It almost reared into the air, but he managed to pull it short, turning a half circle.

“Brielle?”

He called out, coming up close to where the ambush lay in wait, but not realizing it. He saw the horse, but no Brielle with it.

“… Are you alright?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:08:18 PM
Something poked him between the shoulder blades and a voice called out triumphantly above his head.

"What ho, white Knight! It is I, Brielle the Black who hast smitted thee, o' light one! What dost thou have to say to that?!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:31:58 PM
Dasquian’s back arched, as he froze. At first he had expected that he had been waylaid, but when he heard Brielle’s voice he grinned. None the less, he remained still.

“It appears m’lady hath bested me. I beg you do not kill me, dark one. I am sure that I wouldst serve you some use alive.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:35:37 PM
The branches rattled overhead as Brielle moved closer, keeping the stick's end pressed against his back.

"Pray tell, how can one of the light serve true and yet serve the dark as well? Me thinks this is a riddle of sorts."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:41:39 PM
He wriggled a little as the horse tried to turn, and gave the reigns a tug to keep it in its place.

“No riddle, I assure you. If thou wouldst have me under thy charge, then my allegiance to the light would be null.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:44:44 PM
Brielle the Black thought deeply on this matter before answering.

"As you are of the Light - at this moment - if ye give thy word to hold true to thine own words, then I shall hold them true as well. Now, quickly swear on your life of Light that from this moment forward ye shall be known only as Dasquian the Darkest!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:47:15 PM
“I shall swear … but…”

A slow grin crept over his lips, unseen.

“ … I should like to see m’lady ‘fore I make my oath.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:53:17 PM
Nay, do not let this one trick you into losing what you have already won!

Brielle the Black laughed heartily.

"Dost thou worry that mine nose has sprouted many warts and growths, Master of the Light? Where is thine compassion and love for all if that is thy stance? Dost a fair visage a lady make? Nay, ye shall not turn nor move from the place you reside! I am Brielle the Black and I do not negotiate trickery with the likes of you! Speak and speak quickly!"

The 'sword' prodded his back.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:00:46 PM
“Then I am to fall on your blade,” he sighed deeply.

“I cannot agree allegiance to a face I do not know.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:04:45 PM
Brielle scowled. How could a Knight so true and noble demand to see the face of the one who had bested him? Was it not better to die unawares?

Gripping her 'sword' tighter, Brielle growled harshly.

"As thou wish, o difficult one! But first - thou must ride ahead a length of five paces and only then may ye turn about!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:07:52 PM
“As you wish.”

Dasquian’s head bowed as the horse was slowly pushed on the required distance and turned around. Eyes rising, the Jedi saw Brielle appear from above, landing with surprisingly good footing. The horse, as though sensing the game, whined.

The light one asked, almost pained, “How can such a fair vessel contain such a dark heart?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:11:55 PM
"It is mine curse to bare, Knight. Do not think to flatter the one who holds thine life in her hands."

Drawing herself up, Brielle the Black stared down at the defeated.

"Ye have seen with thine own eyes the visage of the one who will now hold your allegiance - swear!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:14:41 PM
“Nay, I cannot. The tragedy of such corrupted beauty and purity would plague mine conscience for an eternity.”

Dasquian’s boots hit the ground, and he thumped his fist against his chest, eyes squeezing closed.

“Sheath thy blade in mine breast and release me from this travesty.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:42:37 PM
The dark ones eyes narrowed and with surprising grace, both jumped and landed smoothly on the ground below.

"Then by thine own lips have ye told a falsehood, Knight! That alone clamors for thy death! Say what words ye want and prepare thyself for instant death!"

Lifting her 'sword' above her head, Brielle the Black gripped the hilt tightly as she made to plunge the blade into the heart of Light.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:46:21 PM
Dasquians hand had remained on his chest and as the ‘sword’ came to skewer him, suddenly snapped outwards. He caught Brielle’s wrist and twisted her around so that he now had her held in a firm arm lock, with her ‘blade’ against her throat, and her back turned to him.

“See the error of thy villainous ways,” he whispered in Brielle’s ear.

“Killing thee now would be such a waste.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:52:23 PM
"Kill me and be quick with it, Knight, for a heart that wields such blackness as mine own cannot be turned nor bargained with!"

Brielle the Black's chest heaved with surges of anger, her throat brushing lightly against her own blade as she spoke bold words.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:58:49 PM
Dasquian had to stop himself from smiling. That had become fun and he’d forgotten all about the horses, who’d probably wandered off by now. His heart was dancing away; probably thumping heard enough that Brielle would feel it. His cheek brushed against hers, as Dasquian leant his head a little over her shoulder.

“I cannot believe that is the truth. There is good in you, I sense it.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:07:01 PM
His closeness was tantilizing yet she refused to give up the game she began. Stubbornly she shook her head.

"Nay, not a drop of goodness could live within mine bones! For I hath lived the life of wickedness and hath drunk deeply from the cup, making merry whilst others suffered!"

She struggled in his grasp.

"Make good on thine own creed, man of light and destroy the darkness thou seeist before thee!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:12:56 PM
There was a pause, in which only breathing could be heard. The blade moved away from Brielle’s neck and presumably was being poised to strike, but after seconds no blow came. Dasquian’s grip on his captive loosened as he lifted her wrist into the air to twist her around, so that she was facing him. The arm that had held her in place now pulled her inward, ensnared at the waste. The ‘sword’ now reappeared, lifted to be thrust into Brielle’s waiting palm. All the while Dasquian fixed his eyes on hers.

“I see I was wrong.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:18:34 PM
Treachery this was and of the most foul!

Brielle the Black's eyes darted down to the 'sword' which once again resided in her hand. Eyes narrowed in distrust, she looked back up at the Knight.

"What wouldst thou have mineself do now, Light one? Plunge mine sword into mine own chest or stab thee with it? It is a hungry blade that thirsts mightly for what it cannot have."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:20:32 PM
Dasquian returned the gaze heavy with emotion.

“The choice remains yours, dark knight.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:40:28 PM
Frowning, the dark one glances up at the possessor of calm and reason. Her scowl grew.

"Fah! A myriad of curses on thy fair head, White Knight! Wicked mine heart may be through and through, yet it doth not carry the evilness to destroy one as pleasing to the eye as thyself."

The Black Knight threw down her weapon of destruction.

"What bridge shall we cross now, Knight of the Realm? Thee seems to have mineself at a disadvantage."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 11:00:29 AM
“T’would appear so. A stalemate we have reached. You have not the heart to kill me, and I to turn you over to the authorities. What folly.”

Dasquian turned away and brought a hand to his chin, rubbing it in a dramatic show of thought.

“T’would seem we are to be locked in eternal limbo.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 16th, 2003, 01:25:36 PM
"T'would seem ye have locked me in thine embrace, Light one. Be thee so eager to have darkness so close to thy very soul? Thou art very brave or very foolish."

Brielle the Black turned her head sideways, cutting her eyes up at him.

"Which of the choices put dost thou be, Knight?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 01:30:29 PM
“Brave, but of course, as every true hero shoudst be.”

A confident smile came over Dasquian.

“But mayhaps foolish also, for mine hesitance to throw such a vagabond behind bars. As you are, for thy own reluctance to spit me like a pig. Whatever has blackened your heart hath not tainted it enough.”

One eyebrow lazily rose.

“What evil did sully your innocence?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 16th, 2003, 01:42:17 PM
"One such as thyself did cause the darkness to fall upon mine heart! Such fair and pretty words he spoke then laughingly denied them later, after mine heart had been given."

Had it not been a thoroughtly disgusting thing to do, she would have spat upon the ground for emphasis. As it was, Brielle lent even more false indigantion to her voice.

"Light he claimed to be both in heart and deeds but I soon discovered him to be a brigand of the worse character! But tis of no great import now - you are all the same and tis a lesson mine heart and soul learned well!"

Her chest puffed out with further self-righteousness.

"A'vagabond' thou hast labeled me? Fah and for shame, Knight! I possess means of living well which I'll wager ye do not!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 01:51:27 PM
“You mark me and my kin scoundrels for the ill deeds of another? If you are truly not a vagabond of ill-intelligence, you will see I am no such ignoble knave.”

He shook his head, “Tis a sad day when the world is reduced to paranoia and mistrust.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 16th, 2003, 02:09:17 PM
"I would say the same to thee, Knight! Who used trickery to see mine countenance knowing well that the words spoken by thy lips were false? Tis not I who is filled with mistrust, Lightness - tis thee!"

She struggled vainly again, attempting to 'stomp' on his toes to gain her release.

"Send Brielle the Black to the stocks? Have mine body thrown into a common gaol? Nay, Knight Dasquian, t'will not happen!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 02:20:33 PM
Dasquian released his hold on his ‘enemy’ and took a good few paces away from her. Even in between lines, Brielle kept a straight face. No flicker of her true self showed through. It was so convincing that he could have easily believed what she was saying was true.

“So be it then. Thy escape is at hand. Take thy mount and be gone and let your presence never trouble me or my lands again.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 16th, 2003, 02:39:03 PM
She spun to face him, her eyes flashing with indignation.

"Through and through mine weapon should have pierced thy self-righteous hide! Biting and tearing at thy uncaring heart! Pray tell great Knight, where is it that ye would have mine feet travel? For, know this land as mine home, I do - as surely as it is thine!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 02:43:23 PM
“Away. Far away, where thy wicked ways reach will not stretch so far as mine home…”

He sighed heavily.

“And thy presence as far as mine heart.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 16th, 2003, 02:48:45 PM
Brielle stared at him, in all her darkness. Dasquian played the part so well and more over, looked as if he had stepped out from a play of the period.

"Thy heart? What is this thou speaketh of, Knight? More treachery from thine perfect lips?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 02:54:27 PM
“It is but fates cruel jest,” he waved a dismissive hand, and looked away, as though pained.

“Leave me. Thy very presence when so boldly defiant of my own values is a travesty.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 16th, 2003, 03:03:57 PM
The fire left her eyes and now it was the dark one's time to look pained.

"A 'travesty' thou callest me? What vile name shall thee spew forth next? 'Abomination'? Shall I offer mineself to be stoned before the very throne thou believest to sit upon? Mine exisitence tis no more a travesty than that of thine own!"

The palms of her hands beat upon her breast.

"Mine life is lived the only way possible. If it be such a foul and vile manner, Knight and these be thine own lands, then tis thine own fault for not seeing to the needs of thine own people!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 03:09:37 PM
“I cannot watch all and every thing through each moment of the day. The drag next will always let some devious soul slip through, and though I am not convinced entirely of thy perversion, this itself is how thy presence is as such.

When I say leave, I make no idle portents. When word reaches others of a tainted soul within the lands borders, they will hunt it down until nothing more than ashes remains.

That I why I ask you to leave – do it if only for your own fear of mortality.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 16th, 2003, 03:18:32 PM
"Tis not only mine fear - mine eyes tell that it is a fear thou bearest, too."

Brielle the Black stepped up to him, her green gaze sharply noting every twitch of muscle and emotion of eye.

"Thou hath finally spoke true, Light one. 'And they presence as far as mine heart'. Tis our first meeting, this I know yet thy eyes speak a familiarity. Thine gaze has beheld mine form before."

A slow smile crept upon her face.

"Dost thou find it pleasing in thine sight?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 03:21:47 PM
“Have I not confessed this yet? But of course, t’would be false to say otherwise,” he implored.

“Such is my failing, and indeed my cause to wish thee gone - so that I mid rid myself of this terrible obsession with love of that which I cannot posses.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 16th, 2003, 03:28:55 PM
"Thou speaketh of owning these lands yet thy lips claim to not rule the same? Be thee a Lord and Knight or not? For if thou truly rule the very ground we now stand on, thy word t'would be law and damned be the words of others!"

Brielle's chin rose.

"A confession mine lips must speak as well. From afar have mine eyes watched and coveted as thou went about on business. Yet, mine own standing is questionable amongst others. But in mine dreams alone thou hast cometh to me, taking me in thy embrace for all time. Tell me now, Knight....is it a dream only?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 03:32:23 PM
“I am a Knight,” he sighed, one hand rubbing his brow, “Of highest caste.”

Her second question lingered a moment before he addressed it.

“Perhaps I have come in sleep, in dream, but never before have we met such as we have today. Would that were so I would know; for thy image would be burnt as it is now on mine mind.”

Dasquians lips pursed tightly. It looked almost if there was real emotion being poured into this now, from past experience.

“A scar to remind me, a wound that I can treasure.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 16th, 2003, 03:47:32 PM
Brielle took a step back. How foolish of her to hope for anything more! Her words dripped with hurt and anger.

"Keep thy scar, Knight or mayhap cut it from thine body...it matters not! Weak and brittle is thy spine and thy heart and soul might well be like dust in the wind."

Turning her back on him, Brielle the Black stalked toward her mount.

"Thy lips spoke of hope and passion. Mine ears hear differently."

Luckily, the horses hadnt strayed far and she caught up the reins of the palimino. With a big hop, Brielle swung up with ease, then turned to look back at the Knight.

"Perchance somewhere on thy land, there roams a maiden who will mindeth not a mate or a lover whose love comes and goes as does the slightest of breezes."

Turning the geldings head, Brielle nudged his flanks and began riding off at a trot.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:15:05 AM
Dasquian, following suit, swung up onto the dark mount and pushed it on after its counterpart. Once caught up, so just trotting behind, he watched her without saying anything. He was wondering whether or not she was still in character, or whether their leaving the grove had cut the ‘play’ short.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:35:28 AM
Her back stiffened as she heard the hoofbeats coming up from behind. For a few minutes she ignored the Knight as best she could but it was a losing battle. Pulling her mount up short, she twisted in the saddle, her chin jutting out defiantly.

"Did m'lord perchance forgo an insult that he nows wishes to heap upon his lowly servants head?"

Sarcasm dripped heavily from the title she addressed him with and her eyes spoke of inner turmoil and hurt.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:40:39 AM
“My apologies, I did not mean to offend.”

His own horse pulled to a stop.

“Seems a habit of mine, to say all the wrong things, even when mine intent of true and good.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:47:34 AM
"True and good? When thou hast ordered me from thy lands and into yon unknown territory? Where be thy truth other than mine being shall cease to exsist when torn from all it knows and loves?"

A short, harsh laugh tagged after her words.

"Mine lips speak of love to one who knows nothing of it!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:54:36 AM
Or one who knows it too keenly.

His brow furrowed.

“Love? Do not speak to me of love. My heart has felt far a greater a pain than I would wager yours ever has or will. Your life, free and lawless, is bliss compared to the ordered dystrophies that I have been burdened with since I swore my life to the light.

To know that all that I would ever have, all that I would ever wish for, is and will be forever forbidden to me – can you even begin to imagine what such a torment as like?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:01:20 AM
"Pray tell, was life of a traveling minstrel a part of thy past? For if not, then thou hast certainly a calling for it! Thy voice speaketh of suffering and bygone pleasures yet by thy own admittance, nothing hast changed by thy hand. All remains as it was. Come, minstrel, sing mine ears yet another song of woe."

Brielle turned her head, hiding her smile. The drama classes she had taken at her private school were really paying off.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:05:30 AM
“Nay.”

Dasquian gathered the reigns.

“Keep your barbed words. Thank whatever God you follow, woman. You will hear no more from me.”

It was his turn to lead the chase as, with a deep frown, he pinched the horses sides and moved on past Brielle quickly.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:12:58 AM
"Art thou to be mine escort then, Knight? Seeing mine person from thy lands? Dost thou be so worried that mine feet cannot find the path?"

Dasquian's back was stiff as he rode and Brielle wished desparately that she had retrieved her sword from the grove, for it would now be sticking out from his spine.

She remembered the small pieces of shell tucked into one pocket and fished them out. Taking careful aim, she pinged one off the back of his hard head.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:19:54 AM
Dasquian flinched and glared daggers back at Brielle for a split second before focusing back on the road ahead.

“If this land is your own too then the path is clear. My guide is not needed and I will not give it solely so that thy own sadistic nature can be indulged. Get thee hence. Take thy mark from out my heart and thy form from my home.”

Quoth the elf, “Forever more.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:24:19 AM
"Sour grapes thy hath eaten, Knight. Tis a wonderment indeed how thine hands manage to keep thy steed on a path when its rider is so blind! Thine mouth hath performed lip service only, for if any of thy words be true, then surely thou knowest how to quieten one as mineself down."

Brielle reined her horse to a halt.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:27:06 AM
“I do not. Does that fill thy heart with joy, to know that I cannot?” he hissed over his shoulder.

Mocked, Dasquian continued to ride despite his ‘partner’ having halted.

“That frustration fills me at the very thought of it?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:31:16 AM
Her words floated to him on the breeze, spoken softly and with emotion.

"But thou do knowest, Knight. Come, teach me to hold mine tongue."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:36:08 AM
The horse stopped and for a moment Dasquian didn’t move. When he did, it was in silence and with a martial air about him. He stalked to the horse and looked up at Brielle.

“Come down then and I shall show you how.”

As was expected of her, Brielle the Black dismounted. She looked at him expectantly, with an almost cocky air about her. Dasquian knew his next move was bold, but it would dash her arrogance and indeed hold her tongue – perhaps literally.

The Knight embraced his enemy, silencing any protests with a rough kiss.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:42:34 AM
Light and Dark meshed as one Knight pulled the other into a long, powerful kiss. Brielle the Black found - much to her delight - that she couldnt fling the barbed comments at her opponent when captured in this manner. But she was a female with more than her fair share of common sense. Instead of fighting, she melted into his arms.

Her arms sneaked behind his head as she drew him in closer...and discovered that his words had indeed been true. When her lord finally broke off the kiss, she was breathless and speechless, staring up at him silently.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:46:29 AM
Dasquian tried not to smile, but his lips turned upwards very slightly.

“I see it has worked.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 12:38:26 PM
"Only for as long as thy lips claim mine own, m'lord."

Brielle the Black could be called 'the Blushing' at this time as her cheeks flushed a pale pink at te mischievious smile lurking about on the Knight's mouth.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 12:55:54 PM
“How unfortunate.”

Just as Brielle was about to speak again, Dasquian stole another kiss.

“I must confess – this is the best good deed I have done in a long while.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:15:27 PM
Held in his arms as she was, the dark one of the pair was plotting as to how she could stay on this particular Knight's lands. Sewing and cooking and keeping heart and home were not for her. This soul was adventurous and as such sought for a like resolution.

"Mayhap mine thoughts concerning a recent swelling of blackguards on thy lands hath seen a solition, m'lord Knight."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:21:17 PM
Dasquian quirked an oblivious brow, thoughts drawn away momentarily from his ward.

“Is that so? What favor of fate is this?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:29:20 PM
"What thy lands need - if thou will allowest mine thoughts to be so bold - is one whom can face these brigands without fear and doth know how to defend against them. Mine own service would I provide...at the smallest of fees, lord Knight."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:33:40 PM
“Our land is already stretched and could not afford to fund a mercenary,”

Dasquian replied with a shake of his head.

“Your services would be appreciated, but I am afraid t’would be impossible for us to reimburse you for that.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:41:54 PM
She spoke quickly, not wanting to miss this opportunity.

"Not for coin, sir Knight. Tis room, board and food I seek, m'lord and a stable at night for mine steed. Surely, in this great land of plenty what I ask tis not too great?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:46:20 PM
“… ‘haps something of that nature could be arranged.”

The Knight looked down at the arms that were still looped around him. In part he had looked away because he could feel himself about to laugh once more – Brielle was such a good actor and he probably sounded lifeless as a corpse in comparison.

“We shall see.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:53:12 PM
Quick of movement, Brielle pulled him up against her and turned her lips so that they rested against his ear. She had seen the ripple of laughter in his violet eyes and moved to ward it off.

Her warm, soft breath tickled at his flesh as she dropped her voice to the lowest of whispers.

"Should such a noble Knight as thee find jest in mine words, forever would it haunt mine soul."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:03:12 PM
With the little prickle on his neck from Brielle’s breath, he couldn’t stop himself from smiling and so buried his head into her neck, in a vain attempt to hide the growing grin.

“No jest, m’lady, I swear…” he muttered, giving her neck a playful little nip.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:10:20 PM
Her eyes fluttered closed as the warmth of his lips touched her neck. Another one of those playful actions and Brielle the Blushing would turn into Brielle the Bold!

Pushing him away, she hurriedly turned her back on him and laid her forehead against the saddle of her mount. She was now fighting back laughter (amongst other things) that kept threatning to spill over.

"Great Knight, mine ears can hear the doubt in thy tone. Yet, how can this be? Was it not mine own self who byt for a time held thee motionless and at bay? Mine skills are beyond reproach."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:15:12 PM
“Oh, gentle Brielle… the doubt you hear, it is but anxiety in anticipation for being so…”

The chuckle was slipping into and breaking his words now. He ambled up behind Brielle and laid a hand on her shoulder.

“So closely… quartered to thine own self.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:20:42 PM
How good an actress was she remained to be seen. Her shoulders were shaking with laughter though she firmly kept her lips pressed together. Could she turn this around?

Dasquian was so close behind her..............

Brielle beat her fists on the saddle - not hard but just enough to lend credence to her actions. Spinning sideways, she moved away again, throwing one arm across her eyes for dramatic effect.

"Again and again! Thy words cut to the very heart of mine soul! M'lord offers the most tempting of stolen kisses yet when mine lips seek to offer more, the offering ....tis thrown back in mine very face!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:25:25 PM
“Not so!”

Dasquian was openly laughing now, but continued none the less. It almost seemed to fit in with his words. He lowered himself to one knee and took Brielle’s hands in his own, clasping them together.

“Not so, my lady, not so… you have made no such offer, for if that were so, I would have accepted it with open arms!”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:40:55 PM
"I didnt? Err...Mine lips uttered not such an offering? Surely, Light one, it was -..... youre laughing at me!"

Brielle slid forward and down on Dasquian's one bent knee, her soft laugh joining his. A light kiss was dropped on his brow.

"Methinks that mine Lord hath spoken tru -ohh!"

Releasing her hands, he grabbed her waist as they fell over on the ground, the Jedi's body racked with laughter.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:44:40 PM
A big rush of emotion escaped all in one uncontrolled laugh as Dasquian lay splayed out on the grass. The horses gave the pair of them a few odd glances as they finally between to calm down, taking in big deep breaths. He grinned to himself.

“That was random, wasn’t it? Your ability to portray a brigand so well is quite worrying!”

Dasquian tilted his head a little and poked his tongue out.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:50:40 PM
Leaning over, she captured his tongue and lips in one long, deep kiss finally pulling away after some time.

".......and satisfying, as well."

Brielle grinned down at him.

"Did you enjoy it? No, let me rephrase...did you enjoy it as much as I think you did? And dont ask me why all that came to mind - I really havent a clue."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:54:21 PM
“It was fun.”

Dasquian smiled an impish smile up at Brielle.

“Some parts more so than others.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:57:32 PM
She grinned and laid back down on the sweet grass.

"I didnt meant to startle you in the very beginning. Well, yes I did only not in a bad way. I almost stopped when I saw your body react. Im sorry, Dasquian."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:02:01 PM
The Jedi pushed himself up onto his side.

“No, it’s alright. I enjoyed it, although I’m not sure the horses were so pleased about having to listen to us.”

He flopped back down against the grass and closed his eyes, shielding out the sun.

“You seemed to know what you were talking about… what you were doing, I mean.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:05:32 PM
"Only from the drama class I took back in school...and literature Ive read. Its not anything Ive studied, if that what you mean."

Acaana shrugged.

"My mother always told me that I would make a good actress but it wasnt what I wanted."

She squinted against the sunlight, judging the time of day.

"About 4 o'clock, would you say?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:09:03 PM
“Four… oh-seven, if I’m not mistaken.”

Brielle turned to look at Dasquian, who flashed a smile in return.

“Brielle the Black,” he mused, in a quiet voice, “you know I was fearful for my life and manhood.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:14:07 PM
"Well thy should have been, Lord Knight! Brielle the Black has destroyed many a powerful ruler with well placed 'barbs'. You were lucky - she liked you."

Her lids were feeling drowsy and with a contented sigh, she closed her eyes as the sun warmed their bodies.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:18:41 PM
“Equally Brielle was lucky that the good Knight had a soft spot for her, else she would have been thrown in the goals just like the others like her,” Dasquian chimed in reply.

He wondered, to himself, how much of what had been said by Brielle had been drawn from personal experience or emotion. Perhaps he should just out and ask?

He gave a gentle nudge, “… You must be pretty creative, to make all of that up on the spot.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:21:53 PM
Brielle rolled on her side to face him, her lids fluttering open.

"Make all of what up? The idea of doing that or....what do you mean?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:23:43 PM
Dasquian, not wanting to end up blind, kept his eyes closed, still lying on his back.

“What you were saying… I mean the emotion behind it… you must either be a really good actor or have been putting personal experience into it all.”

He risked peeking one eye open.

“Stop me if I’m crossing a line.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:28:51 PM
There was a hidden meaning behind his question. The Jedi may have thought it well masked but he was dealing with a very intuitive female.

Bri slid up next to him and laid her head on his shoulder and one hand across his chest.

"If you want to know how I feel about you, all you have to do is ask."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:30:30 PM
Dasquian smiled slightly. That was one of the better answers to the question.

“Alright… well, the same question as before, only more to the point and without the hidden agenda.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:37:32 PM
"I like you more than I could probably put into words. In just a few very short weeks youve become a big part of my life and I cant imagine not seeing you ... often."

She studied his profile.

"Each time I see you, this huge smile pops out on my face and my heart feels so much lighter."

Brielle nodded slightly. Yes, that was how she felt.

"Im happy when Im with you."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:12:40 PM
Dasquian was unsure of how to reply at first. It had been something of a resolution of his to stop himself from developing strong attachments anymore, but it seemed through his isolation he had not lost the want for companionship, but simply stored it away, allowing it to grow even while being neglected.

That wasn’t to say, of course, that he didn’t like Brielle as a person. It wasn’t some attraction borne straight from a need for a being, any being, to satisfy and fill the hollow. She was out-going, playful and understanding. She was not a Jedi yet followed the law as a Jedi would – hardly surprising, considering her occupation. So far, he’d not seen a single character flaw.

He realized he hadn’t said anything yet in reply and how awkward he would have felt had he been in Brielle’s position. Still lying on his back, staring into the sun, he ventured a brave:

“You took the words right out of my mouth.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:32:41 PM
The corners of her lips turned up. She didnt doubt that Dasquian liked her - they wouldnt have been spending as much time together if he hadnt.

Yet he was a reticent one, not a man to speak openly about anything unless asked first. It took her a little off guard when he asked about her feelings concerning him but she recovered quickly and saw no reason not to tell him. Her personality type liked to know where they stood with others and from this, Brielle assumed everyone else did, too.

"You took the words right out of my mouth."

Had she? Or had Dasquian been uncomfortable, feeling that he too needed to say something in return? The forensics officer gave a mental shrug. She had learned enough about this particular Jedi to know that when he was good and ready, he would talk.

She changed the subject.

"You know....if I lay her much longer....Im very liable to fall asleep."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:38:04 PM
Dasquian stretched languidly, feline-like, before rolling slowly onto his side.

“What’s wrong with that?” he asked, giving her stomach a light prod with one finger.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:45:49 PM
With his movement, Brielle's head slipped from his shoulder, down onto his arm which in ways was even more comfortable.

"Mmm...nothing wrong with it....just dont want to fall asleep and leave the horses unattended."

Arching one brow, she peered up at him, trying to recall a Brielle the Black expression.

"Mine knife hath removed digits for less, great KNight."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:49:26 PM
Dasquian smirked in reply. He glanced for a moment at the horses, without turning his head.

“They look smart.”

He shuffled in a little and draped an arm over Brielle, in a weak attempt to stop her from rising.

“I’m sure they won’t run away.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:59:38 PM
It was so tempting - to just close her eyes again and let the sun lull her to sleep in the warm, sweet grass with the soft sounds of insects buzzing as she drifted off...and her head cradled on one of Dasquian's arm with his other tossed protectively over her.

So, so tempting. Had the animals belonged to her, she would have given in and snuggled up close to the Jedi. Unfortunately, the peaceful doze in the grass would have to wait for another time.

"I cant. Im responsible for them. If anything happened, we wouldnt be able to ride any more."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:13:20 PM
With a dramatic disgruntled sigh, Dasquian pressed his forehead against Brielle’s side.

“…What time do we have to be back?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:30:22 PM
"No set time - at least I dont have one. What about you?"

She brought up one hand to stroke his hair.

"Do you have somewhere to be?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:38:25 PM
“I have a meeting in the evening,”

Dasquian closed his eyes. It was so warm and he wanted desperately just to fall asleep.

“At about eight, I think. It’s not very long, but I’ll have to go back to the temple proper for it.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:44:53 PM
"Sleep, then. I'll keep watch over you and the horses and wake you about 6. Will that give you enough time to get there and get ready for your meeting?"

She fully empathized with him. It was all she could do to even consider making the trip back.

"You could always blow it off and come home with me, again."

Brielle sighed, already knowing what his answer would be.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:50:47 PM
“I can’t,”

Dasquian sat up a bit and shook his head. He felt privileged to be able to attend the Council meetings and hold a seat upon the Council itself, and wouldn’t wish it otherwise.

“Come to the Order with me,” he smiled some and added oddly:

“...My roommate is in the medward.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:59:04 PM
"Come to the Order with me."

She hadnt ever been on the Order grounds before, unless one counted Yog's. Now that he asked, Brielle found herself eager to go and have a look around.

Half sitting up, she craned her head down to look at him.

"Do I get to go with you to the meeting and shoot those who dissent to anything you say?"

A hint of the dangerous blackguard played on her lips.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:05:52 PM
“Perhaps you can stand guard outside,” he chuckled.

“I would think you would rather explore, though. The grounds are a unique place. Very interesting.”

He sat up fully and stretched his arms above his head.

“Or you could wait a little and I could give you the grand tour,” Dasquian added with a wink.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:09:38 PM
"That sounds even better."

Brielle smiled and jiggled her legs.

"Rise and shine, Dasq. Lets go ahead and take the horses back, grab something to eat and I'll take you back to the Order."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:17:22 PM
“I’m up.”

Up to his feet he got, pulling Brielle with him, and looked to the two horses who were impatiently strumming their hooves against the ground.

“Alright alright, we’re coming.”

His horse gave a little nay as he swung back up into the saddle, feeling a little grumpy at having to have left the nice soft grassy bed.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:30:37 PM
Swinging up easily, Brielle trotted past Dasquian, giving his mount a little smack on the hip, then urging hers on to an easy canter.

The ride was pleasant but all too soon they were back at the stable. The foreman waved off their offers of help and they left the barn and grounds behind.

Pulling up outside the living quarters, Dasquian hauled his lean frame from the vehicle and turned with a smile.

"Meet me at Yog's around 9 and I'll give you that tour. Drive carefully."

With a wave, the Jedi headed off to his quarters as Brielle headed home to get cleaned up for their meeting later.