PDA

View Full Version : A matter of feeling.....(Dasquian)

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 05:52:10 AM
It had only been a day or so since, Jacali requested Kelt Simoson as her new master. Happily, he had agreed, but now she had to face Dasquain and tell him.

Not really thinking about it much at the time, when Kelt had made the suggestion that she needed to talk to Dasquian and explain, but now that she had. It felt a little easier said than done.

Would he understand? Would he be agrivated at her? Probably...

Her stomach had been in tight knots ever since she had sent Dasquian a mental request for him to meet her in the Room of a Thousand Fountains, the same place where she had talked to Kelt only a day or so before.

Life was never easy and this was one of the hardest things she'd ever done.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 05:55:12 AM
The room of a thousand fountains was a place Dasquian didn’t visit often, but whenever he did, he made a mental note that he should come again soon. There were a large number of students sitting about, socializing, in the room around the fountains, but at one there was sat only one Padawan.

“Hello Jacali.”

He sat down by his apprentice and smiled a little. He sensed worry in her.

“Is everything alright?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:00:40 AM
Jacali didn't look at him for a moment. "No, Master everything is not alright." She sighed.

Her stomach twisted painfully more as she stood. "I've done something and even though it sounds bad probably, I've done it in my best interests. Probably yours as well...with how busy you've become."

She finally brought herself to look at him.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:04:36 AM
He had been right. She was nervous. Dasquian gave a nod, as if to say that she should carry on.

“And what is that?”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:13:14 AM
"I've...." A cold feeling settled over her shoulders, a feeling of betrayal. No, she had made her decision and she had to carry through with it. No matter how hard it was to tell him.

"I've requested....to become Kelt Simoson's new Padawan. It's out of no disrespect for you, Master. It's just that there are times when a Padawan needs their master and many times you aren't available....whether your on a personal endeavor to professional one. Perhaps, it's selfish of me....it probably is..." She sighed sadly and looked down.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:14:27 AM
“Okay.”

Again, Dasquian nodded and surprisingly smiled.

“If you feel this is what is best for you, then I wish you good luck in it.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:27:45 AM
Jacali was astounded. "You wish me good luck in it? You're about to lose a Padawan and that's all you can say? I've been pondering over your reaction for weeks and this is what it comes down too?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:28:53 AM
“I’m not going to stop you if you wish to go, Jacali. You obviously have thought this through, otherwise you wouldn’t be here.”

He bowed his head slightly, looking down into his reflection in the fountains pool.

“As I said, good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for with your new Master.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:43:10 AM
delete

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:47:45 AM
It had turned out to be a rather strange conversation. She wondered deep down, if Dasquian ever really cared at all, but didn't question it.

Jacali looked at him. "I would have to think that if I were in your shoes, I would be not so willing to let one of my Padawans go ao easily. I see that I must not have meant that much to you to begin with...after all those times and I guess I was right about you."

A tear formed in her eye. "You were like a father to me, I hope you know that and I've not done this out of disrespect, I've done it because I know how busy you are and I thought maybe if I left, it would be one less Padawan to worry about."

The tear fell. "I guess, I never mattered to you anyway...or at least so it seems at the moment."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:48:22 AM
“Don’t be silly, Jacali.”

Dasquian frowned. He felt hurt, but then he could feel Jacali did too.

“Do you want me to say I don’t want you to go? I would rather you didn’t, but it isn’t my place to stop you. This is your path to become a Jedi and it, as it has now, forks off onto many avenues. It is your choice which you take and which you do not take.

Of course I care about you. You have been one of my best students and a good friend, but it is not my place to stop you should you decide to leave my tutelage.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:03:10 AM
His words touched her heart, he did care about her...it was evident. Jacali turned and took a couple of steps, then stopped.

She suddenly realized, she couldn't leave him.

He was like a father to her and she couldn't turn her back on him. Everything was out in the open now, all her pent up feelings had finally come out and now she felt slightly ashamed of her actions.

More tears came as she shook her head and quietly said. "I can't do it, Master. I can't leave you." She turned and looked at him as tears fell down her cheeks.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:06:13 AM
From a balconey above, Kelt watched. He had done the right thing by telling her to talk to him, it had let feelings flow free. He smiled gently to himself, and to the two down below. Though they could not see him, he was sure atleast Dasquian could feel him somewhere around.

He smiled broadly one more time, and left the balconey, and the two to talk things through.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:10:07 AM
Dasquian stood and embraced Jacali in a soft hug. As he gave her a light pat on the back he felt another presence and looked up to see Kelt’s retreating silhouette. The Knight smiled to himself. Drawing back from his apprentice, he locked his gaze with her stung-red eyes and brushed away a tear with his thumb.

“Don’t get upset…”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:16:36 AM
"I'm sorry, Master. I've just felt so...alone lately." Another tear fell. "And I guess that feeling just makes everything seem deeper than it truly is...

I had not right to judge."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:18:53 AM
“I feel as though we are all becoming almost like family now and it would have been a shame for us to part ways.”

He sat her back down on the fountains edge and smiled warmly.

“No, you were right. I have been taking on too much work than I should have lately and I’m sorry if you felt that I was not paying you enough attention - but that is easily changed.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:31:53 AM
Jacali nodded. "Really?" She felt like a school kid. But, feelings had been hurt over the past few weeks and she did need her Master. He knew her well enough and that was obvious.

Dasquian was her family, as was Mylia and the other Jedi. But, Dasquian was like her father and he always would be.

A smile finally sparked on her face. "I'm glad we had this talk, Master. I'm glad we got everything out in the open. I won't let things get bottled up again, I promise."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:36:34 AM
“Yes, I’m glad we talked too.”

He set his hands on Jacali’s shoulders for a moment, allowing his mind to expand and the Force to wash over the both of them – before abruptly getting to his feet.

“Let’s not have any secrets between us, alright? Always be open.”

Smiling, he glanced around at the fountains and the other students, some of whom had been watching the Knight and his Padawan.

“It seems we have attracted an audience!”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:46:07 AM
Jacali blushed as she noticed the other Padawan's staring eyes. "No secrets," she told him with a light smile. "Now, that can do."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:54:27 AM
“I know why haven’t gotten to talk much lately, so why don’t you tell me what you’ve been up to,” Dasquian said with a smile.

“There always seems to be something exciting going on in everyone’s lives.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:16:32 AM
"One thing that I think you'll like is that I've been spending countless hours in the that training room on the balancing beam and the tight wire, I nearly have it down. And the rest of the time, I've been spending with Mylia and Quay'Na."

Jacali's stomach had finally begun to relax, she felt no long tense or ill at ease.

"I think, Quay really needs us, since the..you know. She's getting better, but she's not the same. I have to wonder if she ever will be after what that guy put her through. Mylia and I both worry about her."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:22:35 AM
“Yes, she has been through a lot,” Dasquian sighed.

“But she is coping well. She is a strong person… as for you; it’s good to hear that you’re doing well on those exercises and that you’re getting on well with the others here.”

He dipped one hand down into the fountain, watching the water ripple outwards.

“You probably don’t see it, but you’ve all changed so much since when you arrived.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:29:04 AM
The young Padawan felt her cheecks flush. "I'm a bit more bold than I was and I'm not afraid to stand up in front of a crowd, like I used to be. I just want to be a better person and learn through all the experiences I have. Or watching through others experiences."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:43:36 AM
“You see, becoming a Jedi isn’t all about the Force… you become a more well rounded person. It’s character building.”

He nodded sagely.

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:12:49 PM
Jacali nodded. "I understand that now and I'm glad I joined, Master."

Master, he was her Master and forever would be...

"There is still so much for me to learn and I want to do my best for you."

That was true, she meant it from her heart.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:13:30 AM
“So long as you are doing the best you can do, I will always be proud.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:17:56 PM
He would be proud of her.... The thought brought tears to her eyes, tears she tried to hide.

A memory of her father flashed through her mind of the day she had signed up for college, he had told her the same thing.

He was proud of her...

"I...I want to me proud of me, Master. Although, my actions today were less than proud..."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:25:39 PM
“I don’t hold them against you, Jacali. You thought it was the right think. We all have times when we think what we’re doing is right. Sometimes emotions can cloud our judgment, but with time you will learn to see through the haze of anger of sadness to what you truly want.”

imported_Jacali Danner
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:42:49 PM
Jacali nodded. "I see the truth of it now." A tear slipped down her cheek, which she quickly wiped away.

"I was angry and hurt with you over the past few weeks, I'll admit. I never really thought it would've come down to leaving your charge. But, everything was getting so compiled in me and I felt like if I didn't do something, I was going to burst."