PDA

View Full Version : Rage vs. Revenge..Served Best on a Cold Platter (Soth)

Redeemer
Sep 14th, 2003, 01:36:52 AM
Redeemer set the ‘Shirka’ down into a clearing on the planet Roon. She looked over at Quinlin for a moment, then sighed and turned back to look at Epona, who had been quiet the whole trip to Roon. Redeemer stood, checking her weaponry first and foremost. The trip to the Council had been an extremely emotional one for them all. Ice’s father Dante taking the murder of his last surviving child harder than anyone would have expected him to. He had held Redeemer in his arms, not wanting to let her go, his last link to Ice. It was especially hard for Redeemer to meet with Dante, him being the spitting image of Ice. She could barely look at him, let alone listen to him speak.

Count Fulkrehm, his voice thick with emotion, ordered Redeemer and the rest of the Bloodpack to not pursue Lord Soth. The reasoning was that the Council of Nine and the Shrine were to come together in a sort of ‘peace’ agreement, uniting the two worlds once again with help of the secret society of the Watchers. A society of ‘special’ men and women with certain abilities that kept over the history of the vampyres through the years. With this terrible tragedy and Soth being behind it, it threatened to shatter that last shards of communication the two worlds had.

Redeemer walked out of that meeting with her head held high and her features hard, one thing on her mind…Lord Soth’s demise.

“I am sorry, Count Fulkrehm,” She whispered to herself. “I cannot let that murdering filth live another moment.”

On Roon, Redeemer stepped out of the ship, her eyes narrowing as she wrapped her vinyl trench coat around her. Epona and Quinlin flanked her sides and she nodded at them.

"Soth should not be too far from here." Redeemer claimed, "Go back in, get what you need."

Redeemer turned back around, going into the ship to grab the rose and mask from her bag and hid them in the pockets inside of her coat. She slowly pulled the rose out again, staring at it.

’How could anything so beautiful represent death?’ She thought to herself.

Shaking her head, she placed the rose back in it’s place and snapped the trench coat closed. Pulling her blond hair from the collar, she let it fall around her shoulders as she walked back off the ship.

"If the two of you are ready?" Redeemer asked with an arched eyebrow, not waiting for a response as she began to walk.

Epona Rhi
Sep 14th, 2003, 03:24:39 AM
Epona walked behind Ree silent as a tomb. She kept her eyes forward, her hair pulle dback into a tight braid instead of the usual loose style she always liked. Her twin sabers bounced against her thighs as she strode next to the vampires. She made silent vows to Ice that she'd bring the wrath of vengence down around the murderous thing that had done her dear friend in. Seeing Dante break down like he did was like someone dropping a ton of bricks on her head. That hurt even more than knowing Ice was murdered. She was glad Ree hadn't listened to Fulkrehm in the instructions to leave things alone.

This was something that couldn't be left alone, not at all. They needed to bring this to a closure and the coward's death was the closure they all sought.

Quinlin Torr
Sep 14th, 2003, 04:49:04 AM
The gunblade was held in his right hand, the blade rested against his shoulder. He walked alongside Redeemer and Epona. He hadn't shown any emotion since finding Ice had indeed died. His new mission was to find this Soth Redeemer keeps mentioning and exacting just punishment onto him for his crime against the bloodpack and the families of Khar Sian.

" Soon, we will bring retribution for Ice. This Soth will know full well his misjudgement in the matter."

Redeemer
Sep 14th, 2003, 11:02:04 AM
Redeemer could feel Epona and Quinlin's emotions over flowing onto her as they began to walk the streets of a small town. She kept her own emotions from anyone's view, not wanting anyone to know what she was feeling. She even closed the mental barriers that connected her to anyone. It would be too deadly if other's knew. Redeemer knew their blood lust ran almost as high as her's for Soth. She spotted a tavern on the left and she pointed to it. They walked into it, smiling when then occupants stopped what they were doing to stare at them.

Redeemer undid her jacket at her waist and it fell open to reveal her blasters and her knife belt. She heard a few gasps as the three of them walked to a booth in the back, waving off the obviously scared waitress that hovered near by.

"We cannot storm the Shrine. That would be suicide." Redeemer stated, her eyes going to Epona. "I'm not willing to put Epona in that situation."

Epona opened her mouth to argue and the look in Redeemer's eyes shut her up quickly. She looked at Quinlin, lacing her fingers together on the table top.

"We need to draw Soth out, make him come to us."

Lord Soth
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:10:02 PM
The heavy torrents of rain that fell over Roon earlier that evening had now finally dwindled and subsided to a light drizzle, soaking everything in its unforgiving path as they passed. Roondin was now cleansed and purged of the industrial pollutants and fowl odor’s that ran through the city. Only the fresh fragrant sent of newness lingered on the cool night air, yet even that that would be short lived…

A dark brooding cloud hung over the Death Knight as he leaned back in his chair within the Roon Stone Inn. His mind was on the strangers he had just parted company with only hours before. Theses two mysterious outlanders introduced themselves to the Soth and went by the names of Satarel and Wylde. They were also accompanied by another female who sat only a short distance away from them at the time, inadvertently observing the conversation as the three spoke. However, Soth knew better, it was quite obvious to him that this other lone women was with the two he had encountered, her questionable mannerisms and periodic glances over to their table told him that much alone...

The staff wielding man presented Lord Soth a simple looking data pad with detailed coordinates to an off world location called K'har Sian. An invitation that would eventually led him to the temple of Nehekara on the home world of theses mysterious three travelers. He pondered the stranger’s proposition then pressed the thought to the back of his mind for the time being. Slipping the data pad into the soft linings of his black robe, the Death Knight made his way to the entrance of the pub. With hastened step’s, Soth pressed for the hanger facility three blocks away from the Roon Stone Inn. His understudy, Virrana'h Tei was by now back at the cities main hanger bay over seeing repairs that their Lambda shuttle needed. The ebony craft had sustained a freak lighting strike to one of the inverted wings and was badly damaged before they set down in Roondin.

As Soth made his way down a dingy alleyway, a disturbance in the force stopped him dead in his tracks…With a slow and methodical turn of his head, the Death Knight peered back over his armored shoulder, down the ally from the way in which he had just came from. His name had been uttered and he had heard it loud and clear…Within a blink of an eye, the Sith Master was gone from the very spot he once stood in only milliseconds before. Theses strangers would not have wait long for their wish to come true...It would inevitably turn out be the Death Knight who that found them first.

"We need to draw Soth out, make him come to us." Redeemer said to the other’s at her table as she scanned the lavish room of Roon Stone Inn for any sign’s of the one that fit the bill she was looking for..."But what did Soth Nuevole look like? How would they know if they crossed paths with the Sith Vampyre Master? He could be walking amongst then know and they would never know"...Were only a few of the troubling thought's that pleged her.

“No need for that m’lady…I await you outside,…Even now as you hear this,...” The Death Knight replied in a smooth even voice that Redeemer heard unmistakably in her mind, an obvious telepathic link connection from the Death Knight himself. Within that very moment, Redeemer realized true significance of her utterance of Soth’s name out loud. Even though it was only barely above a whisper, he had somehow managed to over hear her nonetheless. His discernable behavior was a strong indication to her that he was flaunting and demonstrating his powers with the dark side of the force. His scrupulous demeanor also told her that he was a man for details and one that would harbor no fool. This alone made her wonder how much he already knew of them…

“Come hither…And tell your companions to stay behind,…Sister of the Night.” The Death Knight finished his sentence in a cold flat tone, the link was then immediately broken at the last word spoken. Soth could feel and sense the woman’s anger inside of her, a seething hate that flowed from her like a mighty river that had just burst its bank’s and ran unchecked.

Outside, and directly across the street from the Roon Stone, the Death Knight waited within the murky shadows of a darkened alleyway. His piercing eye’s narrowed in on the entrance of the pub as potent words of Sith magic fell effortlessly from his ruby lips. The Dark Knight was then shrouded in a deep violet prismatic sphere that completely engulfed his armored frame…Though spell was undetectable to the mortal eye, he was curtain with this one, the female he had contacted, would make out the faint luminous glow that encompassed him…And if this female outlander was truly wise, she would also asses her circumstances before she reacted out of the kindled rage that swelled within her being…

Epona Rhi
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:37:40 PM
Violet eyes kept on Redeemer's face. As soon as contact was made, she knew. When Redeemer slacked in he rexpression, Epona threw herself out of the booth. Sprinting through the Inn and out the doors she beelined for the tall figure standing across the street. her legs and arms pumped with the force aiding her speed. She flicked her hand and a chrome orb the size of a marble flew at Soth. As the orb reached him, she launched herself in the air, and spun with her right leg swinging around. As she had her back to him in mid spin, the orb exploded in a strobe light effect blinding for a second the Death Knight. She knew he being a vampire would also cut the amount of time the flash bomb gave. Her feet came around to catch the Vampire in the neck and chest.

Redeemer
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:30:59 PM
Redeemer felt shock to the core of her body when Lord Soth made contact with her. Her eyes narrowed and she searched the tavern, coming up clean.

'“Come hither…And tell your companions to stay behind,…Sister of the Night.”

A slow, primal smile crept onto her mouth as she slowly stood from the booth. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Epona leap from the booth and out the door. With a quick, stern glance to Quinlin to stay put, she walked out of the tavern, her senses taking her way she needed to. She leaned against the wall of the alley, her eyes beginning to glow bright green as she knew the man Epona was after was none other than Soth himself.

"Epona!" She hissed out, her voice like steel. "Enough!"

Redeemer walked to her sister's side as Epona meant to strike at Soth again.

"I said enough!" Redeemer yelled, her voice echoing in the night. "I am to talk to him alone."

Epona Rhi
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:46:31 PM
*KERSHH!!* The shielding flashed around the death knight and she went flying backwards. The effects of the shield had numbed her legs and to her midsection. Her legs also had a burning sensation and her boots smoldered. Good thing she wore them! She rolled onto her side and pushed herself up growling in anger when her sister called her from behind, no....more like ordered her from behind.

"Epona, Enough!....I said ENOUGH!.....I am to talk to him alone."

She looked back at Ree from behind spills of her raven black hair which cascaded down across her face. Her violet eyes hard. Her breathing even harder as it was hard for her to hear Ree order her to not touch this man. Her face was set in a sneer as she looked upon this death knight.

"He killed Ice.......He must pay!!"

Redeemer
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:36:51 PM
"He killed Ice.......He must pay!!"

'Yes, and who's lifemate was his, My Sister?' Redeemer sent to her, the heart ache clear in her mind for a mere second for Epona to feel.

"Epona," She said in a too calm voice...a too calm voice that normally unnerved people when she spoke. "Go back and join Quinlin."

When Epona did not budge, Redeemer turned her eyes upon her once again and added in a soft voice,

"Please."

Without waiting for Epona to answer, Redeemer turned back around to Soth and her eyes traveled over him. Under different circumstances, she would have found the other vampyre male extremely good looking.

'Make that deadly sexy.' She thought to herself, her eyes going over his long black hair. Redeemer cracked her neck and then focused her gaze onto his face. Her hands ached to reach back for Ice's sword, but she kept her arms crossed over her chest.

'You and I have something to....discuss...Soth.' Redeemer sent to him, forcing open the connection he had with her not too long ago, her words dripping with acid as she spoke to him.

Lord Soth
Sep 14th, 2003, 11:14:03 PM
Soth growled as the flash orb detonated in front of him, barely shielding his eye's before the magical prismatic sphere absorbed the brilliant white light. The purple fluorescent sphere that surrounded the Death Knight shimmered then fluctuated back to its original state as Redeemer ordered her blood sister away from Soth.

"Epona!" The blonde woman snapped her voice as sharp as any sith dagger unsheathed. "Enough!"

Redeemer gracefully walked to her sister's side as Epona meant to strike at Soth once again.

"I said enough!" Redeemer yelled in a scolding voice that resounded and echoed in the alleyway behind the Death Knight. "I am to talk to him alone."

After a few brief moments, Soth’s vision returned to him. A hateful look of distain slowly etched its way across his marble features as he turned and glared down at Epona. His endless eye's now burned with the heat of hell as he began to raise a razor sharp talon hand in her direction...A deadly hand that halted in place at the word's Epona uttered.

"He killed Ice.......He must pay!!" The young woman hissed as she returned the stare back at Soth, standing to her feet with the aid of Redeemer.

"You have blood in your voice woman!..." Soth retorted in loud booming voice that sent a bone chilling coldness over the outlander's, pressing the two women backwards physically a few paces from where they once stood. The Death Knights index finger was now pointed at then both…And Sith lighting played in the back of his mind as he pulled the words of enchantment to his forethoughts.

"Ice!?...You would dare to stand there and boldly accuse me of someone’s death!?...Speak up woman!...I demand to know the meaning of this absurdity!" The Death Knight rumbled as his eyes grew even hotter with each passing moment.

Epona Rhi
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:54:37 AM
"Blood on my voice? I'll show you blood pulse monkey, when I ram my sabers down your kriffing throat!!"

Epona went to lunge at the death knight but Ree grabbed hold of her bodysuit's back and and yanked her roughly backwards. She almost fell but Ree held her up, making her look like a puppet on a string. Her hair hung over her face and some strands stuck to her cheeks. Her violet eyes glowed with an intensity all their own.

"Don't act so innocent!! We got proof of it!! We know it was you!!"

She struggled against Redeemer's grasp but to no avail. She was held in place by her sister. Frustration built and Epona spat at the Vampire.

Redeemer
Sep 15th, 2003, 07:48:15 AM
She knew at some point in the future she would look back on this moment and laugh heartily at how Epona looked, but now was not the time. She moved to set Epona down but quickly yanked her back up when Epona went to go after Soth again.

"He is mine!" Redeemer roared, her teeth bared and fangs glistening in the night. "Do not deny me this, Epona. Do as I ask."

Redeemer set her softly on the ground, glaring at Epona before turning her attention back to Soth.

"Yes, I carry proof of your murderous ways." Redeemer hissed, walking closer to Soth, the stilletto heels of her boots echoing off the alley walls. "Been to Khar Sian, lately, Soth? Ice, my lifemate, was murdered by your hands and I am here to avenge his death."

As she spoke, Redeemer had reached back and slowly unsheathed her sword, holding it now at her side, her eyes boring into his.

"You will pay, Soth. I will make sure of it." She whispered, but her voice boomed in his ears.

Lord Soth
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:13:56 PM
"Don't act so innocent!! We got proof of it!! We know it was you!!..."

...The Death Knight let out a boisterous laugh at Epona expense, folding his arms across his armored chest as they both fought over who would have a piece of him first. Even though he found himself somewhat slightly amused by the small ones sassy insults, he could have killed her as soon as look at her as well. What stayed Soth’s hand for now was the fact that both these women had the distinct scent of the Damned about them…They were of his kind…They were Sisters of the Night…

"He is mine!" Redeemer roared, her teeth bared and fangs glistening in the night as she glared at her blood sister. "Do not deny me this, Epona. Do as I ask." Redeemer finished in a hissing tone that seemed to put Epona in her place for the time being.

"Yes, I carry proof of your murderous ways." The blonde paused as she turned to face Soth once more, a glint of anger burning in her emerald eye’s as she approached the Death Knight slowly.

"Been to Khar Sian, lately, Soth? Ice, my life-mate, was murdered by your hands and I am here to avenge his death." She question as she slow drew her long sword from its scabbard, letting it hang loosely at her side in a menacing fashion.

"You will pay, Soth. I will make sure of it." She whispered coolly, her voice was now tipped with a curtain poison as her gaze bore into the Dark Knight burning red irises.

“You foolish wench!...Your hollow words are unfounded…” Soth roared as he waved his hand in front of him in a slashing gesture. Without further warring, the cobbles stones Redeemer and Epona stood on erupted beneath their feet as if an unseen creature bored from the Death Knight feet in a bee-line straight for them. Shards of rubble and fresh earth exploded all around them, sending both women reeling backwards to the alley wall as a gapping trench tore past then both.

“Show me this proof and hold your wretched tongues,...” Soth paused intentionally in his sentence, adding emphasis to the lethalness of his trailing words.

“…Or you’ll find them both next to your severed heads!” The Death Knight finished in a cold flat tone as he lowered his eyes at them, slowly brandishing his glistening fangs at both women as a low guttural cat like growl escaped him.

Redeemer
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:35:33 PM
Redeemer let out an annoyed yell of frustration, getting up quickly, still clutching her sword. She walked back towards Soth, the blade of the sword scrapping along the ground, sparking behind her. Her eyes bore into him and she stopped for a moment to think that he was acting like he truly did not know what the frell they were talking about.

She quickly looked back at Epona to find her bounding to her feet and ready to charge. Redeemer glared at her, shaking her head no as she continued to approach Soth. Turning her head back around, her lip curled back to flash her fangs as she reached into her inside pocket to pull out the black rose which was his trade mark. She looked down at it, the thorns still carrying her dried blood. Looking back up at Soth, she threw the rose at his feet.

"Does it look familiar?" She whispered in a choked voice. "My name is Redeemer and this is Epona. We are part of the Bloodpack from Khar Sian. Ice is...was my lifemate. He was found murdered in our home this past evening with that rose clutched in his hand."

Redeemer swallowed hard, her eyes blinking back the tears that threatened to fall. She took a deep breath and continued on.

"Can you truly tell me that you know not of this? That this was not your doing, Soth?" She asked, searching his features. "Every vampyre on any world has heard of you and knows this to be your signature."

Lord Soth
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:03:53 PM
The Death Knight burning eyes traveled down to the single black rose at his feet then back to Redeemer. The shimmering violet shield that encompassed Soth dropped as he bent down to retrieve the ebony bud that was still stained crimson with her blood.

As the Death Knight examined the black rose, he listen intently as the blonde recounted what had occurred on her home world. Redeemer sorrowful gaze fell on the finely tooled rose that sat center on the Death Knight's breast plate. It was unmistakable. Her green eyes pooled with tears as she finished in almost hushed tones.

"Can you truly tell me that you know not of this? That this was not your doing, Soth?" She questioned sincerely, her green emerald eye's searching Soth's features for something tangible she could believe in...

"Every vampyre on any world has heard of you and knows this to be your signature."

After what seemed long moment's, Soth replied, his tone was firm and plausible to Redeemer’s senses. This eye's returned back to Redeemer's own, cooling somewhat as spoke...

"Indeed, this is the semblance of my order...Yes. But I give you my word of honor and as a knight of this order, I had nothing to do with your lovers death...It is a great sin amongst my brethren to kill one of our own...A crime that is punishable equally and as swiftly."

Redeemer
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:19:31 PM
Redeemer closed her eyes against his words, turning her head away slightly to calm the swelling emotion inside of her. She could sense he was telling the truth, that he had nothing to do with Ice's murder. If he did not, then who did? She worried her bottom lip with one fang, turning to look back at Soth as Epona made her way slowly to her side. Her eyes flashed at her sister as she spoke to her.

"He speaks the truth, Epona." She whispered, watching Epona's eyes widen in shock. Turning back to look at Soth, she gave him a half hearted smile.

"I apologize for my rudeness then." She said, her eyes softening. " She remembered the mask still in her trench coat and went for it. "Maybe you can tell me then, who this belongs to?"

Redeemer moved closer to him, holding out the mask for Soth to take, her eyes were drawn to it as she remembered how it was clasped in Ice's hand...as if he had ripped it off his attacker's face.

"I found it with Ice. I know for a fact we find it's owner, we find his killer." She added, her voice growing soft.

Epona Rhi
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:24:02 PM
She stood back arms crossed and eyes hard. She wanted to run up and yank his cold head off his shoulders. She had hunted renegade vampires for awhile now under the guide of the Bloodpack. She wasn't afraid of this so called death knight, even when he caused them to fall with his magic trick....all he did was get her more miffed than anything. Hearing the exchange of words between them, she also felt something not right. Reaching out through the force she touched the death knight and what she got made her eyes go wide. She slowly walked backwards shaking her head in disbelief. Why hadn;t she done this early on?
Why? Cause she was in a rage that's why. Never thinking straight when in it. Her old master of the crimson blade order once told her her anger always gets the better of her.

She looked at Ree and confirmed her realization of the matter.

"He's not the one......It's someone else."

She touched Redeemer's shoulder speaking louder.

"Ree.....you're right. He didn't do it. It was another....I now remember my vision and feeling the aura of this one we seek. Lord Soth feels....different from that one I felt."

Lord Soth
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:38:46 PM
The Death Knight crossed his powerful arms across his chest as he studied the two clan sisters. To Soth, there was more to this and of them then met the casual eye…One way or another, he would get to the bottom of this, even if it meant postponing his arrangement’s with the outlanders that he had encountered earlier that evening…Somehow he felt a tie or connection between the two groups, something that alluded him for now, yet playing in the back of his mind nonetheless…

As they spoke amongst themselves, Soth reached out to the dark side, a spell that was so subtle and so discrete, the two females did not even notice. Soth burning red eye’s shifted past them momentarily to the Roon Stone Inn and his suspicion was then confirmed with the “harrowing” spell…They were not alone.

"I apologize for my rudeness then." The blonde replied softly as she reached into a side satchel, Soth slightly nodding his approval to her. Slowly the woman produced what looked to be a frowning ivory mask, one that was often used in opera plays or lavish masquerade parties for the rich and well to do.

"Maybe you can tell me then, who this belongs to?"…I found it with Ice. I know for a fact we find its owner, we find his killer." Redeemer finished in a somewhat subdued tone as she handed the Death Knight the facial disguise that had the hint of blood on it.

Soth slowly reached out to take the mask, turning it over and examining it with a careful eye. After a few brief moments, he handed it back to the blonde in front of him, his burning orb’s meeting with her emerald green eyes once again.

“I know not who this belongs to m’lady…But I will ask of you this…What was the condition of your lovers state when you found him?” The Death Knight questioned in a cool flat tone as he crossed his arms once again over the finally tooled breast plate.

"He's not the one......It's someone else." Epona chimed in, placing a gentle reassuring hand on Redeemers shoulder.

"Ree.....you're right. He didn't do it. It was another....I now remember my vision and feeling the aura of this one we seek. Lord Soth feels....different from that one I felt."

Soth’s stern gaze drifted over to Epona as she finished her cryptic statement with a wide eyed stare that the Soth had caught...

“You have visions woman?…” The Death Knight snapped in a firm voice. Soth knew that his kind was known for seeing the future in dream’s and altered state’s of consciousness, events of the past as well as thing's not yet seen.

“Tell me of your visions…What exactly did you see within them young one?"

Redeemer
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:19:35 PM
Redeemer looked at Soth, feeling foolish for her actions. She shook her head and reached out to Quinlin.

'My Brother, you must come to us. Things are not what we thought. Do not approach Soth threateningly, he is not the enemy.'

She turned her attention back to Soth and began to explain in detail how she had come upon Ice and the things she had felt before hand. She shuddered visibly, reaching out to touch Epona for comfort. She did not like reliving that nightmare. Ice's white, blank eyes staring at her would haunt her the rest of eternity. She looked back down at the mask for a moment before shoving it back into her coat.

Redeemer realized she was still brandishing her sword and with a soft smile to Soth, she quickly placed it into it's sheath.

“Tell me of your visions…What exactly did you see within them young one?" Soth spoke to Epona.

Redeemer walked away from the two of them, not wanting to hear this, but would not be able to escape it with her acute hearing. She wrapped her arms around herself and leaned against the alley wall, taking a few moments to study the handsome vampyre as Epona explained her vision.

Epona Rhi
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:19:01 PM
"Of course I have visons brainiac, I am a force user after all....premonitions and the sort??"

Her quick reply came, her mouth was always ahead of her, she knew it could and would get her into trouble when she spoke, but she also knew she could back herself up at any given time. Even when it was against one she could never dream of defeating like this man, but one does need to respect that aspect. At a glance of warning from Redeemer Epona backed down. She hated the way her best friend could make her do that. It made her look weak and stupid.

" In my vision, I could see Ice sitting down.....and from behind him was a shadow, it was leaning over him and I heard chanting.....but I felt it, it felt of death itself.....the most evil vile feeling Ive ever known. And it reeked as if the bastard didnt bathe for centuries. Anyone you know?"

Lord Soth
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:58:44 AM
" In my vision, I could see Ice sitting down.....and from behind him was a shadow, it was leaning over him and I heard chanting.....but I felt it, it felt of death itself.....the most evil vile feeling I’ve ever known. And it reeked as if the bastard didn’t bathe for centuries. Anyone you know?" Epona replied in a sarcastic tone as she moved from her place near Redeemer.

Soth peered down at the smaller woman as she boldly stepped closer to him. He admired her tenacity and spunk, but his right hand ached to reach out and snatch her up by the neck. How easy it would be, a simple twisting pop and it would be done with. A wicked smile curled at the corner of his lips at the thought of it…As Epona came dangerously close to the Death Knight, his facial feature changed dramatically…

No,…I have not…And you’re no vampyre either!” Soth growled as he seized the young women by the wriest with an almost blinding speed, Epona getting a good sense for the magnitude and power of the Death Knight’s physical might. Soth could feel the beating pulse of her heart through her delicate wrist before he cast her arm away from him in disgust.

“Woman,…Your nothing more then a mere mortal…” The Death Knight almost spat the word’s out as he quickly looked over to Redeemer who was now leaning on a near by wall. At that moment, the realization of Epona carrying the kindred scent of those that she kept company with was well noted. The thought of a mortal talking to him in such a manner was unacceptable according to his own customs and traditions. Ironically, the Shrine infrastructure was composed of a complex female hierarchy, however. The difference was they were vampyre and their status stood as such…To Soth, every being had his or her place in the scheme of thing’s…Mortal’s of course being the lowest of life forms in his thinking…

“Is this nuisance your servant vamphrem?…If so,…Keep her in her place and tell me what I need to know…I have pressing business on K'har Sian and I have not the time for game’s!” The amber heat in Soth eye’s returned once again as he glared at Redeemer. Soth was well known for his volatile nature when tested or trifled with…

Quinlin Torr
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:52:27 AM
" She is noone's servant Mogur."

Came the voice of the third of the hunting party. And if Soth knew the old language, then he knew Quinlin had just said the same thing Soth thought of Epona. His gunblade resting against his right shoulder. His face held no emotional expression but his eyes spoke volumes of his anger and disdain for the vampyre before him. A "turned" one thinking he was higher above all things.....little did he know where his place should be. Impure abomination....why the Watchers wanted them as one with the purebloods was beyond him. He knew the history as it was told by the masters. They were given the gift of eternity and they got reckless and arrogant. That was why the Bloodpack was created, to take back the gift from the reckless and arrogant by way of extermination.

" This is no game Soth. "

Redeemer
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:01:13 AM
"Epona is no one's slave." Redeemer grinned cheekily, her first real smile since Ice's death. "She is my closest friend."

Redeemer glanced over at the fuming Darkling and shook her head. Soth was not winning any popularity contests this night and she was positive he really did not care.

"Khar Sian." Redeemer whispered. "Ah yes, the Watcher's and the meeting."

She remembered the light touch from one of them earlier and tried not to smile. She knew of this one that 'watched' Ice and herself, though did not know her name.

"They have special talents, do they not?" Redeemer wondered aloud, her eyes going to meet Soth's in question. An idea was forming in her mind.

Redeemer placed a gentle hand on Epona's shoulder as she finally moved away from the wall. She knew her friend and knew she was ready to leap onto Soth's back and cut his head off with her sabers for daring to touch her. With a smirk, she looked at her friends.

"Stay here, I would like to talk to Soth alone."

She could see the dislike of this idea on both of their faces and glared at them, daring them to argue. Neither did. Turning back to look at Soth, she reached out and softly touched his armored shoulder.

"May we talk of this alone?" Redeemer asked, motioning with her other hand for them to walk a bit.

She hated to admit it, but she was fascinated with this turned vampyre. He was not like the one's the Bloodpack hunted, he was...noble-like in nature. her eyes skimmed over the armor he wore, noting the intricacies in it, how it was skulpted with a loving hand. She had wondered if he had done this himself or a faithful loved one for him. He stood before them proud and unafraid, something she had to admire.

Lord Soth
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:47:01 PM
“She is noone's servant Mogur…This is no game Soth." Quinlin replied in a smooth deadly tone as he eyed the dark master of the Sith. The Death Knight knew full well what the man implied, and his provoking words did not set well with the dark knight at all...

The Death Knight shot the man a venomous scowl as he neared the small group in the darkened alleyway. Even though Soth was not a true pure blood, he more then made up for it as a Death Knight of the Black Rose…His ability to command the dead spirits of the long and dearly departed was only one among many talents at his bidding due to his accused nature. However, this was child’s play compared to the power he possessed in controlling the undead. Not saving the Vampyre hosts of the Damned, even they were not immune to this heightened proficiency. It would take a master in discipline and one of equal age or more over that of the fifty five hundred year old Death Knight to thwart such a power,…Pure blood or not.

"Sonas don kaggus!...Yer bue’ve vea most thue yer cue chivok wist michi.”

~ "Stand down kaggus!...You bite off more then you can chew with me." ~...The Death Knight hissed his response in an equally deadly tone, his razor sharp talon hands began to glow a sickly green hue as he took a defiant stance. Soth’s paralyzing word’s echoed in the mind and soul of the pure blood as he felt himself detached from his senses for the time being. Quinlin had no other choice but to succumb to the seizing command given him. Fight thou he may, against the power word command that the Death Knight summonsed, in turn it would only dive him to the place of insanity until the Soth relinquished his terrible hold upon him.

Redeemer spoke, but the Death Knight was engaged with Quinlin and heard not her word’s until her hand brushed his elaborate armor along his shoulder.

"May we talk of this alone?" She whispered softly in cool silky tones, capturing his full attention as her delicate hand traced its way down the length of his tensed arm. A moment passed, and then Quinlin felt the pressing manifestation leave him, physically causing him to slump in place once freed at the Death Knights discretion.

“I will grant you that m’lady...” Soth’s tone of voice change considerably, yet his simmering eye’s remained on the male vampyre.

Redeemer
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:14:09 PM
Redeemer watched the two male vampyres very closely, knowing something was going on silently between the two of them. She rolled her eyes and bit her lip to keep from laughing at the two.

"That is ENOUGH!" She yelled suddenly. She glared at both Quinlin and Soth, stepping in the middle of them. "I want no more of this...this...what ever the frell the two of you are doing."

She turned to Quinlin, her eyes narrowed.

"Quin, he is not of our blood...his ways are different than our's. If we are going to get along, we need to respect that. I for one, want and need Soth's help in this."

Redeemer turned back around to look at Soth standing there glaring at Quinlin. With a smile, she moved the hand that rested on his arm up to his cheek to force him to look at her.

"Soth, please." She implored. "Let it go..." With a glance to Epona and Quinlin. "All of you...just let it go. We are not going to get any where if any of us continue to behave like this."

Redeemer looked back up into his glowing eyes and removed her hand from his face. She took a few steps past him, muttering about men and testosterone. She turned to look back at Soth, asking with a raised eyebrow.

"Shall we?"

She sought Quinlin and Epona out mentally, sending to them,

'I won't need your protection, but stay close in case something or someone other than Soth attacks.'

Quinlin Torr
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:27:34 AM
Quinlin turned and walked off, towards the place where the ship was left. He wasn't going to stand around breathing the same air as that Mogur. That turned one was like the others....always using the force to fight their battles, that just proves to him all the more who is the weaker species. To rely on a mystical power than your own strengths speaks to all of one's person.

"Fine.....then you stay here with that halfbreed. I have more pressing matters to deal with."

He spoke aloud to Redeemer as he walked away from them.

Epona Rhi
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:35:12 AM
Quin wasn't too happy at all. Niether would she if some punk who was a fugitive from the fashion police came and did whatever he did to her too. Epona didnt care for this vampire at all. He was REALLY into himself and needed a lightsaber enema in her opinion. Jus tlike all the other vamps she dispatched. 'wonder which was his ?' She thought to herself about the many vamps they disposed of.

She watched Redeemer walk away with Soth and she frowned at the way her sister was carrying on......sure he was good looking, but cmon Ree!! He smells!!. Her foot tapped as she got impatient, and her arms crossed. Her face gave off an expression that if Ree didnt hurry it up, Epona would walk over and smack her and then drag her off by the hair.

"Ree.....I swear.....if you dont hurry it up."

She whispered to herself. She knew that Quin was miffed enough to leave them here and if he did that, what or how would they explain to the Count how the frell they ended up on the planet which he forbade them to step foot on?

Lord Soth
Sep 23rd, 2003, 05:09:31 PM
Soth didn’t bother looking back at the two other outlanders as he pressed deeper into the darkness with Redeemer at his side. Even though he felt reluctant to aid the blonde in finding her lovers killer, the noble, knightly side of Soth commanded him to, demanding it from what was left of his remaining conscious. This accursed side effect he had unfortunately inherited from his mortal coil of life would haunt him for the rest of his Vampyre unlife…

Nevertheless, Soth had to know for himself now...Perhaps it was a hunter or a commissioned death hit that stirred the sinful result. Whatever it may have been, one thing was curtain in Soth’s mind…He had little to go by from what he was told thus far.

After the two walked some distance into the inky alleyway, Soth turned his head slowly towards Redeemer, his piercing blue eyes wondered over her facial features…The beauty of their kind was immortalized in her countenance, captured like a finely crafted marble statue from the master craftsmen’s hand...Yet it was a strange and quaint feeling that fell over him, catching him off guard as he looked on. It was the notion that there were “others” out there like him self…A hopeful thought he had given up on long ago...Soth continued to study her profile for a brief moment before he spoke up in a soft silky voice…

“I must know more m’lady…What you truly think happened to your lover…What it was you witnessed at his side and how you found him.” The Death Knight questioned in a sincere tone that seemed as comforting as the darkness about them.

Redeemer
Sep 23rd, 2003, 05:31:51 PM
Redeemer smirked, her head shaking from side to side, as if fighting with herself not to remember what she found. She did not want to look at Soth for a moment and merely whispered,

"You are going to make me re-live it, aren't you?"

She let out a sigh, looking around as she wrapped her arms around her waist. Forcing herself to look up at Soth she willed herself to go on.

"Ice was more than my lover, Soth." She replied in an equally soft voice. "He was my lifemate. The Pack decided to split up and go out to have some fun. Dorian and Izabell went to the Council, myself, Quinlin and Epona...the fiesty one's you just met, went out to a club while Ice wanted to stay home and have a quiet evening." Redeemer stared at the black rose on his armor as she went on. "We contacted each other off and on through the night to just see how we were doing. A few hours into the night, I began to get some...weird...yeah, weird vibes from Ice, as if he was uncomfortable...like he was agitated. I touched his mind once or twice to find him asleep and realized he must have been dreaming."

Redeemer turned from Soth for a moment to take a deep breath and continuted.

"I was laughing with Epona when it hit me. This cold feeling came over me and I knew something was wrong. When I reached out for Ice, he was gone. That's the best way I can describe it, Soth. Just....gone. I got back to the mansion as quickly as I could to find Ice sitting infront of the fireplace, eyes open...but white...pure white. No irises...no pupils...nothing. There was no sign of a struggle, no blood. What ever happened to him...I think it was done mentally. It is the only thing I can think of." Redeemer ran her hands through her mane of hair and dragged her eyes away from the armored rose to look into Soth's eyes.
"That's when I found the rose and the mask and came looking for you."

She glanced back at Epona to find her looking agitated and smiled to herself, shaking her head slightly.

'Patience, My Sister.' She sent to her.

"I apologize again for my behaviour, Soth." She whispered, turning back to look at him. "I know you do not want to help, I can feel it. I am already thankful that you have taken this time to talk with me."

Lord Soth
Sep 24th, 2003, 09:14:16 PM
As Redeemer recounted the fateful night back on K’har Sian in detail, the Death Knight suddenly paused in his steps. A troubling look etched its way across his marble countenance, an unsettling look that caught Redeemer’s attention almost immeditly. As Soth hesitated in pondering thought, he crossed his arms then brought a livid hand to his chin as if in contemplation…

It was already evident to Soth that the perpetrator of this horrendous crime sought to implicate him as the solitary killer. The single black rose was the first given clue. The ivory mask was also obviously used as a guise to conceal the true identity of the unknown culprit…

“But why?,...Why would it even matter if Ice never lived long enough to tell who his killer was?” Soth thought to himself as he slowly paced the damp sooty wall next to him, looking to the ground as if he wrestled inwardly.

…The lack of physical marks on the body indicated that it was someone powerful and that the confrontation was short lived…Not to mention, a being that was capable of thwarting the hand of a Vampyre with little to no resistance!

Soth shed the latter thought’s as he considered her words more carefully…Redeemers mention of Ice’s pure white eye’s with no irises sounded an inner alarm, an intuition that the Death Knight could not ignore…It sounded like Redeemers lover fell prey to a sinister spell of some sort…There was one particular spell that came to Soth's mind as he further considered the possibilities and the description that the blonde gave him. An uncannily similar effect that pointed to the incantation,…Soul Shatter! If this proved to be true, the Death Knight knew of only a hand full of Sith Magi that could perform such a difficult and almost unheard of divination…

However, it was the motive behind it all that Soth hit upon, capturing his narrowed attention for it’s detail…The connection with the black rose and the confrontation with theses newly found vampyre’s and the mysterious invitation from the Watcher’s for a peace accordance between the two clans led Soth to one conclusion…A name that burned in his mind of someone that had tried to secretly underhand him before in the past,…But failed…A vile being that was indeed quite capable of such betrayal…A being that was a servant to Soth, bound to serve him throughout all eternity with purposeful malice…The Arch Magi,…Wraith Soul!

The Death Knight’s almond shaped eye’s heated then glowed to the point of crimson red as he slowly looked to Redeemer. Soth’s porcelain like face contorted into a frightening mask that portrayed the anger and rage he felt at that moment. Word’s of magic spilled effortlessly from his lip’s as he reached out to the dark side of the force…And the Sith spell he uttered was called “ Dark Prophet ”. Redeemer could hear the loud audible shriek’s and wails of countless banshee like voices that echoed around them both, yet it was one voice out of the midst’s of them that whispered to the Death Knight. The dark revelation was then revealed to Soth’s open mind…And so was the killer’s identity!

“From thy own hand you drew his likeness unto you m’lord…From darkness he was spawned to do thy bidding…His unforgivable sin’s are many…It is his rotting hand’s that are stained with the blood of Ice …Wraith Soul, m’lord…Wraith Soul.” The disembodied voice whispered to Soth’s ear while Redeemer covered her own to shut out the piercing screams.

“You wicked vile creature!...You will pay with your life…The betrayer is betrayed!” Soth roared loudly as the light of his ominous brilliant eye’s streamed to point’s of unbridled power.

Redeemer
Sep 25th, 2003, 12:05:21 PM
Redeemer watched Soth carefully, knowing immediately when he thought of something...something he wasn't telling her just yet. She continued to watch his features change and knew in her heart he had realized just who Ice's murderer was. His eyes changed crimson and a smirk played on Redeemer's red lips as the thought that if she hadn't been mourning Ice, she would throw Soth up against the wall and take him right then and there!

Redeemer cleared her throat at the thought and prayed Soth did not catch that. It slipped out before she had a chance to censure her thoughts. She continued to watch him carefully, her eyes growing wide as she covered her sensitive ears to protect them from the screeching, howling voices appearing around the two of them.

“You wicked vile creature!...You will pay with your life…The betrayer is betrayed!”

"Soth! Make them stop!!" Redeemer screamed, her head pounding from the shrieking. As much as she tried, she could not cover her ears well enough to keep the painful sound out. Her head began to swam and she fell to her knees in the alley.

"Make them stop." She whispered weakly.

Dorian Gray
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:31:11 PM
Dorian left his ship next to Redeemer's and he stalked the streets, knowing she was there and was in pain. He'd be damned if he was just going to sit around the mansion watching over a stiff that was protected already by vampyre magic while the vampyre he loved was out hunting down a killer. Yeah, so what if it was her lifemate's killer...he needed to protect her, mortal or not.

He shifted the blaster at his thigh and adjusted his black leather jacket as he knew exactly where to go. His connection with Redeemer was a strong one and they could pin point each other any where.

Dorian stopped to light a cigarette when Quinlin walked by him in a huff..something the vampyre always seemed to be in.

"Hey Quinlin..." He called out, but Quinlin just kept walking back to the ship without a second glance. Dorian let out a deep breath, knowing if Quinlin had left Redeemer and Epona, something was not to the vampyre's liking...and that usually meant a turned one.

Dorian shook his head, clearing the the shrieks out of his mind that he was hearing along with Redeemer. Rounding a corner, he came quickly upon Epona standing in the middle of an alley with her arms crossed and a very pissed off look on her face. He glanced down to find her fingers twitching on her sabers and he bit his cheek to keep from laughing. Redeemer was up to no good again, he could tell.

"Why aren't you with her, Epona?" He asked, winning a sneer from her. "Whoa, ok...never mind. I'll go to her myself."

Dorian finally laughed and balled his hands into fists as he stuck them into the pocket of his pants and walked into the darker alley. He could hear voices growing louder as he walked further in and knew Redeemer's voice anywhere. The other voice, very male and very verile stopped him cold in his tracks. Just the sound of his voice made the hair on the back of Dorian's neck stand up.

He could hear Redeemer's thoughts and bristled when he caught something about the alley wall and taking someone. His eyebrows furrowed and he made himself walk further until he was just a few feet away from his Redeemer and another obvious vampyre who matched his voice were standing. Jealousy shot through Dorian like a lightning bolt and he wanted to run up to Redeemer and pull her away from him, but knew that would mean his life. He had no claim on Redeemer while she mourned Ice. He had no claim on her until she deemed him worthy of her affections.

Dorian watched Redeemer fall to her knees, obviously in pain from the loud shrieks. He took a step forward and the look on the other vampyre's face kept him where he was at. He knew just by looking at him, Redeemer was not in trouble. He could tell something immense had just happened.

Closing his eyes, he tried to help Redeemer block out the hurtful shrieks. Vampyres were cursed with accute hearing and he knew Redeemer was in a lot of pain. He felt her breathing slow down and knew he was helping. A smile played on his lips for a moment as she showed internal shock at his presence, then gratefulness for his help.

Taking drag on his cigarette, he leaned against the wall, one hand holding the cigarette while the other tapped fingers on his black blaster, watching the creatures of the night very closely.

Epona Rhi
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:34:31 PM
She waited impatiently and it showed. At the same time, wheels in her head turned and she ran thoughts that she had been pondering recently. When she got back to Khar Sian, she would need to request an audience with Dante and his wife. She needed to talk to them.

" Hey!! What are you doing back there!!! You talking or swapping spit!!"

She yelled in a huff as she couldnt take anymore of this. Quin was probably powering up the ship and stranding them there to get royally punished by the council. And Ree was cavorting with a smelly vampire!

Lord Soth
Oct 1st, 2003, 03:52:54 PM
Redeemer’s fragile words spear pointed through the clamor of shrieks and unearthly moan’s, falling on the Death Knight’s ears like a child’s plea for help that he could not ignore. Soth’s eyes quickly shifted to the blonde and the staying hand that granted the disembodied spirits passage into the physical world immeditly lifted in a swift arching motion. The blood curdling howls were now gone…

The Death Knight moved gracefully over to where Redeemer leaned against the alley wall, curled up in a half fetal ball from the ordeal that had just taken place. His hand slowly extended to Redeemer’s own in an invitation for her to stand once again, hovering there like a safety net that was her choice to take. Soth’s handsome face was seemingly devoid and vacant of all feeling and discernable emotion once she found the courage to look at him, however. Despite what Redeemer did not see there in his lacking features, she knew that Lord Soth had heard her and that his concern for her was well placed.

“Please forgive me m’lady…It was something that was,…necessary.” Soth replied softly as her hand slipped into his, Redeemer pulling herself to her feet as if holding an iron rail that would not give.

“Come,…We will confront this traitor together…His life will be yours to take,…You have my word of honor…This I can promise you m’lady.” The Death Knight finished smoothly as his other hand steadied her by the curve of her waist, drawing Redeemer up near him in one fluent motion.

Redeemer
Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:00:11 AM
She let out a deep breath as the shrieks began to die away and the pounding in her head lessened to nill. Moving her hands away from her ears, she heard Soth speak and slowly looked up to see him holding out his hand for her to take. She looked at it, then let her gaze travel up his arm to his face again, her eyes boring into his as she placed her hand trustingly in his.

“Come,…We will confront this traitor together…His life will be yours to take,…You have my word of honor…This I can promise you m’lady.”

She nodded her head silently, finding the two of them in close company as he helped her up. Her eyes still looking into his, she tilted her head a little, as if trying to figure something out.

Redeemer could feel the distrust and downright distaste eminating from both Epona and Dorian. She broke the gaze between herself and Soth and turned around to look at Dorian standing a hundred feet away from them. His arms were crossed and his eyes were watching Soth's every move.

'I told you to stay at the mansion.' She sent to him disapprovingly. 'Thank you for your help, but please go back. This is something I must do and Soth must help me.'

Redeemer's eyes turned towards the alley behind Dorian and sought her out, a soft smile coming to her lips as she felt her impatience and wonderment at exactly what she and Soth were doing.

'My Sister, Soth and I are ready to find Ice's killer. He knows who did it and will take me to him. It is your choice to come or go back to Khar Sian.'

She turned back to look at Soth, realizing he still had her hand in his.

"I am forever in your debt, Lord Soth." Redeemer whispered to him, using the 'Lord' of his name finally out of respect.

Epona Rhi
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:01:51 AM
As she came from the darkened area, her eyes immediately went to the union of hands between Soth and Ree. Epona's eyes sparked a smoldering glance back to her sister. Her heart rate sped up as she grew angry. Their closeness in proximity as well as the "looks" they gave each other was to her a betrayal even in its slightest and most innocent form. Ree could only tell there was going to be trouble at the look on the darkling's face.

'Get your hand out of his... NOW!!'

She sent to her sister very loud and very clear. Venom and a deep hurt filled those words. It was not that long since Ice had been taken from them, And they way Ree was looking to this...this .....THING was sickening ot her.

'Have you already so quickly forgotten who is gone!!??'

She took a step forward still sending through the mind, keeping their words private between them. A wild look came to her eyes now....Ree had seen this look before.... the look before Epona would draw her sabers and take her anger out on the one who made her angry.

Dorian Gray
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:10:47 AM
Dorian watched closely the interactions between Redeemer and this Soth vampyre. He did not like it one bit and neither did Epona from her outburst. He walked to Epona's side and reached out to place a hand on her shoulder, but thought second about it. He liked his hand and wanted to keep it.

"Epona." Dorian whispered. "We may not like it, but this vampyre is going to help Ree find Ice's murderer."

The scathing look Epona gave him made him cringe and he took a step away from her.

"We cannot force her to do anything we want her to do, Epona. Just remember that." Dorian said with a trace of regret.

Redeemer
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:20:11 AM
Redeemer's eyes turned white with fury and her fangs bared as she turned to face Epona.

"Do not tell me what to do, Epona." She hissed. "Yes, I know we've lost Ice. I have not forgotten that. How could I?"

She looked back at Soth for a moment and then moved to walk towards Epona.

"Soth has agreed to help me find the one who took Ice away from me...away from all of us!"

Redeemer looked from Epona to Dorian and then back to Epona, realizing a decision on her part must be made then and now.

"Go back to Khar Sian, both of you." Redeemer whispered sadly. "I must do this and if I do not have your support in this one hundred percent, then I do not want you along. Tell the Council Ice's death will be avenged...I will have proof."

Redeemer looked at Epona with sad eyes as they slowly turned back to their bright green then turned her back on two of her closest friends and walked back to Soth, not looking back as it pained her too much to.

Epona Rhi
Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:23:55 PM
She turned her back!! That was the straw that broke the camel's back with Epona. She threw her arms forward to hit Ree in the back with a force push that sent her flying. But instead of following through with a few punches or kicks as she always did, she stood there, tears streaking her cheeks. She cut the air in front of her with a sweep of her hand as she both talked and cried at the same time.

" Don't tell you what to do??!! Look at what youre doing!! Holding his hand and your lifemate hasnt been gone that long Ree!! GO!! You go alone!! And I AM going back to Khar Sian....but not because you tell me too!! I am going back to face a decision I have come to make! I wanted you there as I revealed it to you all for support, but now I dont!! I dont want you there at all!!!"

She turned to leave then stopped..... looking back. She shook her head then sprinted off towards the ship, wiping her face as she ran.

Redeemer
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:10:51 PM
Redeemer's eyes returned to fury white as she let out a string of curses as she got up from the alley floor. She was not expecting Epona to do that to her. She stood to her full 5'9" height and looked back to watch Epona's retreating back. Redeemer did not want it to come to this, but if it was the only way, then it had to be. She looked at Dorian, still standing there watching Soth intently.

"Are you going to leave as well?" She asked him, feeling Epona's hurt. She looked down, shaking her head. "Just go Dorian. Watch over Epona for me."

Redeemer tried to reach out for Epona but found any connection with her slammed shut. She looked back at Soth and fiddled with her sword.

"Let's go, Soth." She whispered.

Dorian Gray
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:14:51 PM
Dorian shook his head as he stepped up to touch Redeemer's shoulder. She turned around to look at him questioningly and he offered her a lopsided smile.

"I do want to stay, Ree...but I think our Darkling needs to be watched. " Dorian said as he looked at her for a moment and then leaned over to kiss her cheek soflty, whispering in her ear. "Watch your back, Ree. I'll worry until you come home."

Dorian kissed her cheek one more time, looked deep in her eyes and then turned his back on her with regret as he walked back to his own ship to keep tracks on Epona. She was up to something and he was intent on finding out.

'You need my help, My Lovely Vampyre, I will be there.' Dorian sent to her as he fired up his ship for the return trip to Khar Sian.

Epona Rhi
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:38:14 AM
Sitting by herself in the ship as Quin flew back, Epona cried. She was hurt because the one person she depended on wasnt going to be there, she didnt even know if her decision would be accepted. She also cried because their last words were words of anger, and she didnt want that between them. She hit the bulkhead of the interior of the ship and kicked it. It didnt make her feel any better. She was still alone and torn between Ree's decision and the way Epona had watched her interact with that Roon vampire. She wanted her sister there with her, but she would find out when she returned...and that would be IF Dante accepted.

Lord Soth
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:03:26 AM
The Death Knight watched the two darkling’s with an attentive eye as they disappeared into the inky folds of the night. He could read the body language between the three outlanders, not to mention the surface thoughts that were being exchanged. Soth found himself admiring the heavy bond that they shared, an unbreakable bond that their kind was well known for. This diabolical trait was something that Soth’s own family back at the Shrine Keep adhered to as well. Blood was indeed truly thicker then water, especially when it came to vampyre blood…

As Redeemer turned to face Soth, he folded his arms across his armored chest. The fist impression from any onlooker would indicate that the Death Knight was somewhat defensive by his unreadable stoic demeanor and stance. However, Soth mind was on the events that were unfolding before his own vampyre eyes…Future events that he had foreseen, yet was unable to decipher until now…The past was finally coming full circle and the ancient texts he had once read only confirmed it further. Soth repressed the disturbing thoughts, changing the tempo of the conversation as he alluded to Redeemer’s faithful companions.

“They love you very much m’lady…Even willing to die if it meant that you would live to see another day without them.” Soth paused in his sentence then turned from her, his abrupt action catching Redeemer of guard somewhat...

“I will need time to lure the Magi to a spot where we both can confront him…He’s no fool and it will be no easy task in defeating him. He has grown very powerful, tampering with the most potent arcane spell’s known to the dark ways of the Sith…This Lich is a master of them…I assure you of that.” The Death Knight stopped at the mouth of the alley way then slowly turned to face Redeemer once more. Soth’s eye’s glimmered with a determined sharpness that wasn’t there before. Redeemer found herself lost in their endless blue pools as Soth peered into hers, studying her as if she was an open book to him…She felt if she looked any further, daring to search deeper past their dark banks, they would consume and devouring her very own vampyre soul if she curiously inquired past their threshold. There was a point of no return in them, yet they deceptively bid her closer…Inwards, to unmanageable hell that lay just beyond the blue irises that now held her fast.

“I will ask of you this…Stay here on Roon until the marrow…I will send a ship that you can use at your disposal...You will find all the necessary coordinates uploaded into the nava-computer…" The Death Knight piercing gaze adverted from the blondes for the moment, glanceing back to the taveren behind them. Redeemer could only guess as to why the strange cryptic behavior from him. However, Soth knew the demons within him all to well…How they beckoned him even now. His temptation to take what was not his to take began to grow in the back of his mind like a festering wound that plagued him as it always had…An insatiable appetite that he was never able to quench or master at that.

...There is lodging at the Roon Stone Inn. I’m sure you will find suitable accommodation’s there that are adequate for your taste for the time being…Now go,…And take this…The bar keep will know what to do when he see it.” Soth finished in smooth tones, placing a jewel encrusted medallion in her hand that had the mark of the Death Knights order inscribed upon it. Soth then turned from Redeemer and walked past her in a seemingly rude fashion that only summonsed more questions then answers in her mind.

Redeemer
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:12:52 PM
Redeemer stared back at Soth, her own eyes mirroring what he was feeling in his whether he knew it or not. As he placed the medallion in her hand, she looked down at it and slowly nodded her head.

As Soth began to stalk off, she reached out and stopped him by grabbing his arm and swinging him around to face her. She looked at him quietly for a moment, strange thoughts going through her head. She opened her mouth to speak, then closed it and shook her head.

"Never mind, Soth. I will see you when you return." She whispered, moving closer to him and with a smile, reached up and kissed his cold cheek softly. "Thank you for everything."

Redeemer did not wait for him to respondm she turned and walked back towards the inn, flipping the medallion in the air like a coin and softly whistling.

Inside, her accomodations set, Redeemer sat back in a chair, letting out a tired and hungry sigh. She let her mind drift to Epona and the spat they had only hours ago. She tried to reach her, but her mind was still blocked. Redeemer shook her head, then reached out for Dorian to find him sleeping. She smiled, rolling her eyes when she found him dreaming of her.

"When will you stop it?" She laughed softly, continuing to probe his mind. She suddenly gasped, the smile wiping off her face as she picked out pieces of memory Dorian had with Epona. Redeemer jumped out of the chair, grabbed her jacket and raced out of the inn, telling the barkeep that if Soth were to return while she was gone, for him to wait.

"You are not doing it without me, Sister." Redeemer hissed.

Lord Soth
Oct 6th, 2003, 03:41:11 PM
Later that evening, the Death Knight and his apprentice, Virrana'h Tei, made their way back to the confines of the Shrine of the Damned after the necessary repairs were made to the damaged wing of the ebony Lambda shuttle. Soth wasted no time in seeking out his evil servant once they landed in the secured hanger bay of the ominous Keep. He stormed to the secretive anti chamber deep within the belly of the foreboding infrastructure; his eye’s burning with a heat that caused the shadowy inhabitants to flee at his sudden presence...

As the Death Knight rounded the winding stair case that led directly to the Liches laboratory, the door that stood as a partition shatter at the frame as Soth’s mailed fist smashed into its wooden body. Shards of wood and the iron bands that once fastened them together seemed to explode inwards as the Death Knight’s dule saber hissed to life and powerful arcane word’s formed a protective barrier around his armored body at his command.

“You vile treacherous being,…Your piffle magic will not save or protect you this time!…” Soth furious red orb’s scanned the high vaulted room for his unfaithful seneschal…However, the Arch Magi was nowhere to be found. Only the dim candlelight illuminated the laboratory, revealing rows of black and red-bound spell books, ominously hissing vials and beakers, and the huge stone tables reserved for larger, more frightening experiments. Soth hissed in protest to the overwhelming silence that confronted him, his sickly green blades whistling through the air until they tore uncontested through the towering book shelves...

“You may have eluded me for now…But your doom draws nigh fool!” The Death Knight spat as he turned on heel and left the dank and putrid smelling chamber. The Dark-side of the force only confirmed that the Wraith’s presence was gone for the time being…Nevertheless, Lord Soth had another way to summons Wraith Soul, an amulet that controlled the Lich through a bond-link that could not be thwarted, even with the most powerful of magic’s….However for now, Soth would prepare the ship he had promised Redeemer and meet with her back in Roondin…There they would then travel to the dead forest and confront the Magi together…It would seem as though fate had granted the ghoulish servant a sliver of time until then…

When Soth made his way to the upper levels of the Shrine, he informed one of his head guardsmen to station an intense watch vigil for the wicked servant’s arrival. It wouldn’t be long before the all of the Shrine denizens were well aware of the command that was handed them at his request…Soth could now only wonder if the Queen Mother was cognizant of the tracery that lay at their gates…

“He is not to be admitted into this Keep...I will confront him on my own terms!” Soth snapped in an iron voice as the heavily black armored guard bowed respectfully to the Death Knight then turned to fulfill the order.

"You will have your revenge as I promised m'lady,...As I too will have mine as well." Soth uttered softly to himself as he savored the wicked thought of his seneschal's severed head rolling at his booted feet.

Redeemer
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:12:25 AM
Redeemer walked tiredly back into the tavern, the barkeep nodding at her, stating her 'room' was still available. She smiled at him and he stopped her for a moment, offering her a blood wine to take with her. She looked at it for a moment and then at him.

"You look like you could use one." Came the gruff response.

She suddenly smiled at him and gratefully took it, going to pull a few credits out when he waved them off, gently ordering her to get some rest. Redeemer shook her head as she sipped on the wine back to her room.

Dawn had approached as she made her way back to Roon, so she stayed and slept inside the ship until night fell. She sat in a chair as she finished the warm liquid and relaxed against the back of it, letting out a sigh as she thought of Epona and her decision to become Dante's daughter.

"Never thought I would live to see that day." She murmured to herself jokingly. She had not seen Dante so happy in such a long time and it thrilled her that he once again had someone to love and love him back so immensely.

Redeemer's mind went to Soth as she got up from the chair and quickly shed her boots before stretching lazily out on the bed on her back, staring up at the ceiling. An eyebrow raised as the Death Knight's handsome features appeared before her. She could tell the type of man he was. He was not out for a solitary companion but for whom ever can warm his bed when he calls for it.

"Anything to keep the pain and loneliness away." Redeemer whispered softly, feeling the loneliness surround her. She let her mind wander off, wondering if that was something that could help her forget.

A slow smile crept over her lush red lips then as a deep laugh came from her. She pushed all the pain to the back of her mind, as if locking it away and opened herself up to a new world of debauchery.

'After all, a woman does have desires, right?' She asked herself, knowing a new Redeemer had been born that night.