PDA

View Full Version : Walk the Line (Shandri)

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 13th, 2003, 01:53:23 AM
It was time for another session with Shandri La, Dasquian had decided. They had only a few training days with each other and he felt as though it was about time they progressed onto something new – so now he waited for her to arrive.

Shandri La
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:43:00 AM
Shandri walked into the Academy and then over to the room that Dasq and informed her to meet him at. Today though she was dressed in a white jumpsuit, white shoes, a gold belt, her gold necklace and her hair was tied back in a partial braid where her small knife is hidden away. She's become more comfortable here and she left her ppl's Treasure hidden away in her room instead of carrying it with her like she normally does.

When she enters the room, she sees Dasq is already there and he curtseys to him as she just enters the room. Then she approaches him.

"Lord Dasquian."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:50:02 AM
“Hello Shandri,” Dasquian smiled and bowed his head in greeting.

“I hope you are feeling energetic… today’s lesson is going to involve a lot of physical activity instead of mental activity. Before we start, however, I need to know what level you’re already at… do you work out at all, Shandri?”

Shandri La
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:54:10 AM
"Yes Lord Dasquian. I do work out a fair amount. If I don't keep myself in good shape, then how can I be expected to protect the Treasure."

Shandri isn't to sure of how she could rate what she does with a level. All she can say is that she keeps herself in good shape.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:55:25 AM
“Well, that’s good. A healthy body is just as important as a healthy mind. Being the guardian of the treasure… does that mean that you have had some combat experience already, to help you protect it?”

Shandri La
Sep 13th, 2003, 10:03:11 AM
"Yes Lord Dasquian, it does. If you shall remember, I have said in the past that I AM my homeworlds military. I do not wish to fail in my duty to protect the Treasure so I've been actually working out more then normal over the last little while."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 01:36:31 AM
“That’s good to hear. I don’t suppose you could give me a demonstration of what you’re capable of?”

Shandri La
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:46:33 AM
Shandri is silent for a moment. There is alot that she is capable of, and to demonstrate it all would take awhile. She's more flexible really and fast with dodges then anything else.

"Most of what I do for working out is all part of a routine that I go through everyday. For the most part it deals with my speed and my flexibility."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:10:48 AM
“So you would say then that the area that you need to work on most is your strength?”

Shandri La
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:17:36 AM
Shandri thinks on this for a moment before responding.

"Yes Lord Dasquian. My strength and my actual fighting skills."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 11:12:05 AM
“Alright then. Building up strength would be a good idea then and I’m afraid that really isn’t going to be easy. It’s going to involve a lot of more rigorous training… doing push-ups and weight lifting to develop your arms and sit-ups to develop core strength.

That is difficult to do in just one session, of course, so you will need to arrange times to visit the training halls – which can be supervised if you wish – at a later date. For the moment we will have to fix on combat.

Self defense, I think. Offense can come at a later date, once you have more strength. What would you say the most important thing in self defense is?”

Shandri La
Sep 24th, 2003, 12:12:58 PM
"Knowing when to use it. And not getting hit."

Shandri has only a few things to say about what she knows of self-defense since that was not something that was focused on in her training on her homeworld.

OOC: sorry for the late reply

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2003, 10:22:53 AM
“That’s right – evading an attacks. It’s best to try and stop a confrontation before it has the chance to begin, so countering – so to speak – is the most useful skill. If you can incapacitate your opponent some how, then you have nothing to worry about.

Say I was to attack you from behind, how would you go about apprehending me so that I was restrained and unable to further attack?”

Shandri La
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:54:56 AM
Shandri is silent for a few moments, going over what she had been taught on her homeworld.

"At this point in time, I would do my best to injure you in a way that would prevent you from being able to attack me after you do a first attack if I saw that you were intent on doing me harm. If not, I'd try and talk you out of attacking me."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:01:18 AM
“Getting someone flush against the ground, face down, is a good way to do this. How about you try and accomplish this now…”

Dasquian motioned towards some training mats and stood himself in a defenseless stance.

“Have a go.”

Shandri La
Oct 10th, 2003, 10:23:58 AM
Shandri nods her head slightly at the instructions she has been given. She steps onto the training mat and takes a deep breath. It has not been often that she has had to do any fighting and when she has had to, she does her best to make it as quick and as short as possible.

With a deep breath, she starts to size up Dasq's position, she then nods slightly and quickly moves towards Dasq. When she reaches him, she quickly goes to hook a leg behind his legs and jerks her leg towards herself, hoping to cause Dasq to loose his balance while in the process of moving one hand towards his chest to assist in getting him off his feet with the hopes of spinning him in the air so he lands on his front.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 15th, 2003, 07:55:10 AM
As Shandri had hoped, Dasquian fell, but came down so that it looked as though he was going to land on his back, having grabbed hold of Shandri’s robes in the process of falling. Now it was time to see how she’d improvise, to try and avoid going down with him and allowing him to pin her instead of the other way around.

Shandri La
Jan 5th, 2004, 12:04:39 PM
Shandri lets herself be pulled down by Dasquian, but by doing so, she uses the momentum of the pull to put herself into a roll, hoping to have enough momentum to roll out of Dasq's grip.