PDA

View Full Version : Stinkin' Revenge

Core Mebuff
Sep 10th, 2003, 04:13:37 PM
The Outlander soared toward the planet Nar Shaddaa. The glow of the massive cities could been seen even from off planet. Hunter stared out the main view port.

"Blasted Hutt. Teach him to try to take me out," he grumbled to himself.

He walked to the back storage compartment of his ship where he stored his weaponry. Hunter grabbed two blaster pistols and holstered them, a long rifle which he slung over his shoulder and a variety of other weapons. He refilled the fuel tank on this flame thrower, reloaded his rocket launcher, and grabbed a few toxic darts.

As his ship landed the exit ramp slowly lowered to the ground with a metallic thud. Off stepped the Mandalorian with the dead Dug over one of his shoulders. He was greeted by one of Jerba's sniveling underlings, a Rodian.

"Where's your boss?" Hunter thundered, "he couldn't meet me?"

"No," came the simple reply.

"Take me to him, I need to speak with Jerba."

The Rodian seemed to think for a moment.

"Now!" snarled Hunter as he lifted the goon off his feet.

"Okay, okay ... follow me," the guide said as he lead Hunter down a dark alley.

As they approached a tall building there was a hail of blaster fire.

Hunter rolled out of the way dragging the Rodian with him.

"Lead me into a trap, huh?" he yelled pointing one the blasters to the Rodian's snout.

"I ... I don't know where they came from!" the underling stammered.

Hunter slammed the Rodian against the wall and spoke, "Stay here, I'll be right back."

As the bounty hunter turned his back the Rodian tried to take off with the Dug's corpse. But Hunter quickly wrapped him in a whipchord.

"I told you to stay here!"

Then in a flash Hunter dashed down the alley firing at the tops of the buildings. Three bodies quickly fell down into the alley. But there was one more still firing from the rooftop.

Hunter grumbled to himself as the mercenary continued firing.

"You done yet?" he yelled to the gunman.

The only response was more blaster fire.

Finally, tired of the fight, Hunter unslung his long rifle and took aim. In one shot the merc was lying on the ground in a crumpled heap.

Hunter returned to the Rodian.

"Tisk, tisk. I'm going to have to tell your master about this."

He grabbed the Rodian by the chord he was wrapped in and slung the Dug over his shoulder. He dragged the Rodian to Jerba's throne room, all the way up to the 77th floor.

As Hunter stood before the Hutt, Jerba spat some foul language that Hunter did not understand.

"Speak basic, you fat slug," the bounty hunter growled.

"I see you have brought my Dug, as well as my majordomo" the Hutt rumbled.

"Yeah, I got them both. Your right hand man tried to steal the bounty from me. He's lucky to still be alive. The Dug ... well, he wasn't so lucky."

Hunter dropped the Dug's burnt corpse onto the ground.

"DEAD?!" the Hutt shouted.

"Hey, you didn't specify. He wasn't worth the work alive," Hunter retorted.

Jerba roared in anger," I wanted him alive!"

"Yeah, well, most of your goons aren't alive anymore either. Wanna know why?"

The Hutt pretended to act puzzled.

"Because you sent them after me!" Hunter screamed.

Core Mebuff
Sep 10th, 2003, 04:35:07 PM
Hunter whipped out both of his blaster pistols and aimed them at the guards at either side of the Hutt's throne.

"Now, you listen here. Since you tried to off me, I'm raising the price. 250,000 credits. If you don't pay I'm gonna make a big mess out of this tower here."

The Rodian stared up at Hunter from the ground in disbelief.

"You fool!" the Hutt spat, "You will not leave this building alive!"

"Oh really? And who's going to stop me?"

"I am!" snarled a voice from behind Hunter. He spun around to face another bounty hunter. He was a reptilian being.

"And you are?"

"I am that which has no name. But some call me Shadow Killer."

"Well Shadow Killer. You're gonna be that which has no face if you don't step back real quick," Hunter sneered pointing one of the blasters at his lizard-like face.

"I don't think so ..." Shadow Killer hissed progressing.

"I do," said Hunter and with one blast he made good on his promise and Shadow Killer no longer had a face, only a smoking hole.

Hunter spun back around and smiled underneath his helmet, "So who's next? Who wants some?"

The two guards standing next to Jerba tried to bum-rush the bounty hunter, but he was quick to escape into the air with his jetback firing plasma down on his enemies. He landed in front of Jerba once again.

"What'll it be, worm? Money or death?"

The Hutt laughed, "You leave me no choice. Kill him!.

A dozen guards rushed through one doorway, Hunter dispatched half of them with his flamethrower, but quickly ran out of fuel.

He blasted one with his pistol, another he snapped his neck. Hunter picked off two with his poison darts at a distance. They collapsed mid-charge.

Another charged but was hit with the butt of Hunter's rifle he before putting a whole in the goon's stomach. The last guard tried to run for it, but Hunter tripped him with the whip chord and dragged him in.

"Going somewhere?" He dumped the little remaining fuel he had on the tied guard and took the rocket off his jet pack. Hunter dragged the guard to Jerba's throne. He put a quick blaster bolt into the guard's head and shoved the rocket in his mouth.

Hunter looked up at the Hutt. "Burns good."

Jerba's eyes grew wide with fear.

"Hope you can move fast, fatso. 'Cause that rocket's gonna explode in about 45 seconds. Enjoy."

"Fool, you'll never make it to the bottom floor before you die!" the Hutt laughed.

Hunter just motioned to his jetpack as he rocketed out one of the building's windows to safety.

The explosion was huge, blowing out 77th and 78th floors first and then the rest of the building collapsed on itself.