PDA

View Full Version : Be my friend....(Jake) Complete

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 10th, 2003, 03:57:22 PM
How long had it been lingering on her mind? Days, weeks?

Even though it had been a long hard haul through Quay'Na's recovery, she found her way back to the Light.

The Padawan had given herself a new lease on life and it had taken three long months to get there. But, she still had a few frayed ends to take care of, things that had been left unsaid. The mending of hearts and minds and the one at the top of her list was Jakob Burton. She had hurt him terribly and it was time to try and repair some of the damage.

He hadn't spoken to her for quite some time. And now was a better time than any to try and redeem their shattered friendship.

Jakob had befriended Quay the moment they'd met, but some of the feelings he had, she hadn't and that was when the trouble had begun. And then there was Vega and the terrible scar that left between them and now...it was Anthony, whom he didn't even know about.

She didn't want to hurt him again, but things were getting serious and she wanted Jakob to know that she would always want to be his friend. If he'd allow that into his heart...it was something that Quay'Na just didn't know....

The gardens were always so peaceful, she it was there that she requested him to meet her. The night was still and some of the animals lingered about, most were asleep.

With a deep sigh, Quay'Na waited and watched as the moon came up over the walls of metal and concrete of Coruscant's high rises.

Jakob Burton
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:28:57 PM
Jake decided to take a stroll, instead of training for once. It seemed that the voice only became stronger as he trained. It came with promises of power, immense power. But at what price? He knew not, and probably didn't want to know.

The night was lovely, the moon majestically shining down upon the planet, bathing everything in her bluish glow. Being a Garou, there was nothing better than a full moon. He sighed deeply, and continued walking, absorbing himself in the night. He was so distracted by the other stimuli that he simply did not register Quay'Na. He could smell her, that wonderful perfume, and could hear her heart beating, but he simply was too wrapt up in the moon, his gaze fixated upon it. Finally, after building enough willpower, he turned his gaze towards her. She hadn't seen him yet, and so he didn't bring attention to himself. He found her sight much more entrancing than the moon, her beauty soaked in that blue hue, her scent lingering about. He made another sigh, and shook off the fixation. After all, she was somebody else's; he was never the kind of guy she'd want.

"Figures...."

Jake, at first, wanted to turn and leave, but he couldn't. All that was left then was the voice. And who knows, it might win this time around........So he remained, and took a few leisurely steps forward into Quay'Na's view, his eyes locked on the ground, as if entirely lost in thought.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 30th, 2003, 07:43:55 PM
Stargazing had always been one of her favorite things to do as a child in the arms of her father. The stars had alwayes seemed close enough to touch, but now they seemed further away then ever. So much had changed in her since Vega, life almost seemed more empty now then before. She had changed and she knew it, but it was a greater feeling of loss than anything else.

Quay'Na was lost in everything around her and silently wondered if she's ever become that fun-loving carefree girl again. It almost didn't seem possible.

She felt Jacob's presence first through his Force signature. There was no doubting that. With a slight smile on her face, she turned to him. "Hello, Jakob." She said kindly.

Jakob Burton
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:32:18 PM
Looking up, seeming stunned by her presence, Jake spoke.

"Um, hi. I didn't know you were here......."

Jake smiled at Quay'Na, before feeling awkward. He figeted, before speaking again.

"I, uh, guess I'll let you get back to stargazing."

Jake turns to leave.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:37:19 PM
"Jake, please. Don't go." She spoke softly as she looked at him. "I need to talk to you. I sent you a message earlier and from the sound of it, you didn't get it."

Jakob Burton
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:42:22 PM
"I, uh, have been really busy lately......"

He smiled dejectedly, before deciding to stay and sitting beside Quay'Na. He couldn't tell if his lie convinced her. He hadn't got the call, but it wasn't because he was busy....it was because he was busy shutting out the voice in his head. He looked into her eyes, his gaze seeming to focus fully on her eyes. He then looked away, nervous.

"Um, what's this about?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 1st, 2003, 04:05:49 AM
"It's about us and how I want to remain friends with you forever." Quay'Na told him. "It's about how badly I've treated you and that I'm sorry."

She stood up and sighed. "I know you want more from me than I can give you, Jake. You were there for me during the Vega thing, you told me that he was Lupine and I chose not to believe. So, many times you've beeen there for me and I want you to know that I'd do anything to repay you...."

Jakob Burton
Oct 1st, 2003, 07:46:27 PM
"There's no need for that.....I was only trying to help....It's the least I could do for you.....And I don't need an apology. You haven't really treated me bad.....or at least, not as bad as some have. I'm not worried about it....."

Yet another lie. It seemed that Jake was getting better at it. Maybe he should be a lawyer and not a Jedi......the last he checked, Jedi didn't have an evil voice piggybacking on them. But then again, lawyers didn't have that either. But maybe he could tell the truth.

"I want to be your friend, too. You can be one, if you like....it's not like I have an overabundance of those."

Just as he spoke the words, the voice came back, and with enough strength to make Jake's head feel like as if a freighter hit it.

"Hey, buddy, ya got me......What, you thought I was goooone? I'm baaaack, and I'll never leave ya.......not like this girl has.....you just have ta listen to me, and I'll give ya all ya want....."

Jake put his fingers to his temples, rubbing them as he held his head low and gritted his teeth.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 1st, 2003, 07:50:57 PM
Quay'Na sensed something was wrong immediately. Jake was in pain, not emotionally but physically.

"Jake? Jake, what's wrong?" She gently touched his shoulder and looked at him.

Jakob Burton
Oct 1st, 2003, 07:58:01 PM
After a moment of squinting, and shaking his head, the pain resided. Jake looked to her, trying to make her feel better, not to bother her with his problems.

"Nothing. Just got a headache, that's all."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 1st, 2003, 08:04:15 PM
Quay'Na wasn't sure whether to believe that or not, but didn't question him. "Okay, if you're sure you're alright." She grew silent for a few moments. " I want to be your friend, Jake. That is very important to me. You must believe me."

She looked away and looked down at the ground. "I know what I've done to you and I wouldn't blame you if you just walked out of here and never talked to me again. I deserve it, more than anyone."

Jakob Burton
Oct 1st, 2003, 08:07:51 PM
"Nah, it isn't good to leave people. I wouldn't do that to you, for ya see, it's happened to me......no, not you, but someone else I never knew......and being left behind isn't a good feeling. I won't leave you....."

Jake took Quay'Na's hand into his, holding it gently.

"....ever."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 1st, 2003, 08:19:34 PM
Quay'Na went further and pulled him into a hug. She held him there for a few moments. "Our friendship means alot to me, Jake. It does. I just want you to know that."

Jakob Burton
Oct 5th, 2003, 07:50:55 PM
Another shot of pain assailed his head, and the voice, in all it's power, finally spoke for him.

"Wow, you change FRIENDS like you do your soiled undies!"

Jake clutched his head, not aware of what came from his mouth or the other's psyche. All he could feel was the pain. He fell to the ground, curling himself into a fetal ball, growling in pain.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:00:28 PM
"Jakob!!" Quay'Na yelled as he hit the floor. She quickly knelt by him. "Jake, what's wrong?"

Without thinking twice, she closed her eyes and tapped into the Force. Jake was Garou and she would be able to help him, she just needed to find the problem first.

Quay'Na touched his mind, but found a rather powerful block in place. "Work with me, Jake." She told him.

Jakob Burton
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:08:48 PM
Jake tried his best to focus, to let down his barriers, allowing her to access his mind. He couldn't stop the pain; all he was capable of only gritting his teeth and growling as he gripped the ground with powerful hands, severely marring the durasteel.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:21:41 PM
Quay'Na placed the palms of her hands on her temples and concentrated, Jake had taken down his blocks for a mere second. But, it gave her just enough time to enter and locate the problem of his pain, but she wasn't for sure what she was looking for.

Jakob Burton
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:27:03 PM
Quay'Na's link was all the voice needed. It immediately flooded her mind with visions; quick, painful, and monstrous scenes. The mauling of beings by an evil entity. The viceral rape of women and men alike, one being herself. The destruction of entire planets. The genocides of many races and cultures. This thing was timeless, and utterly, horribly, totally evil. The violence and ethereal power of the assault flung Quay'Na from her feet. And like that, the voice receded, leaving Jake exhausted on the ground.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:15:42 PM
The pain was quick and ferious as Quay'Na made contact with Jake. The scenes that came to her were so real that they hurt terribly. She was knocked to the ground instantly and closed her connection with her good friend.

Quay'Na lay there panting for a few moments as the pain dissolved and she was slowly able to sit up.

She shook her head slowly, trying to get her bearings. "What the frell was that?" She asked as she slowly crawled over to Jake and turned him over on his back. "Jake, are you alright?"

Jakob Burton
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:11:10 PM
Jake could feel very little as he staggered onto his feet, swaying as if drunk. After stabilizing himself as best as possible, he shook his head, as if saying no, and began to walk away from Quay'Na, away from the garden. The place was simply too good for the likes of him.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:22:56 PM
"Jake," Quay'Na said as she followed him. Something was desperately wrong. "Jake, we need to get you to the med ward, a healer....something. What was that?"

He kept walking. She grabbed his arm and pulled him to a stop. "Jake, are you hearing me? We need to get to the bottom of this."

Jakob Burton
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:28:07 PM
"I don't need healing.....remember?"

Jake didn't shrug her away, but sighed, defeated. He looked her in the eyes, his own filled with hurt.

"I don't know what that was....just that it wasn't me.....and that it wants me bad. And what's this "we" thing? It's MY problem, and I don't want you involved.....I can't hurt you anymore. The only way for me to get to the bottom of this is to see what it wants me to see, go and find what it wants me to find. And maybe then, just maybe, I can figure out what to do with it."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:37:46 PM
Tears filled her eyes as she dropped her hand and stepped away. "Okay, I get it. I hurt you and now it's time to blast me back." She took another step back and held up her hands. "I thought we were friends..."

The tears streamed down her cheeks. "Friends care about each other or so I thought....maybe I was wrong."

Quay'Na turned and with her head down headed back to the garden. He didn't want anything to do with her anymore, she could feel it. She shook her head, she wanted to help him so much, but she wasn't about to pressure him. She knew the strengths he held, he could overpower her in an instant if he wanted and that thought scared her. Yes, it scared her.

Jakob Burton
Oct 12th, 2003, 04:55:20 PM
The fustration and anger rose all to suddenly. With the bat of an eye, Jake was in front of Quay'Na, clutching her.

"No, you're not wrong......we're friends, and I wish even more than that....It's just that if this thing hurts you, then I'm to blame. And I don't want to hurt you.....I care for you too much.....and that's why you can't come with me. I have to keep you safe, at all costs. Please understand...."

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 12th, 2003, 05:00:28 PM
"But, I don't understand, Jake. What is this terror that holds you so? I felt it, I saw it. Jake, this needs to be taken to the council, let them help you. Let me help you. I will be okay, but I worry about you." She told him from her heart as she looked into his eyes. "Please, I want to help you."

Jakob Burton
Oct 12th, 2003, 05:05:51 PM
Jake sighs, being defeated once again. As he sits on the ground at Quay'Na's feet, he begins to explain.

"You see, Q, there's this other persona, this voice, that is inside my head. It is always there when I'm weak, to prod me, to compel me. It wants me to find something, to bond with something......but I don't know what it is or how to find it. Only the voice knows.......and I don't think the council could even stop this thing.......it's just too darn strong......It would blast even the strongest Jedi here, and fling them like ragdolls. I......don't know what to do!"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 12th, 2003, 08:13:15 PM
Quay'Na fell to her knees in front of him as he explained. She couldn't as much utter a word as he told her of the voice in his head. The Padawan didn't know what to do anymore than Jake did.

So, she did what she could. She held him, Quay'Na took him in her arms and held him.

Jakob Burton
Oct 14th, 2003, 08:28:36 PM
Jake felt her warmth, felt the power of her presence, like a candle in the dark. He drew from it, feeling her energy, feeling empowered. He finally had something worth fighting for: her. She wanted him the way he was and not what was becoming of him. He, after giving her an affirming rub upon her back, got up and walked away, at once feeling confident that he could beat this thing.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 14th, 2003, 08:49:48 PM
Quay'Na sat there as he stood and began to walk away. Her mind connected with his once again, she wasn't afraid of doing so.

Take care, my dear friend. I will always be here for you. Always, remember that...

Jakob Burton
Oct 14th, 2003, 08:56:51 PM
Jake grinned as he "heard" her voice and not the other's. He also sent a message back.

"And I you, Q......Don't worry, I'll be fine...."

And Jake left the GJO, in search of what the voice wanted him to find.