PDA

View Full Version : Introductions with a Monster

Salvestro
Sep 10th, 2003, 12:16:23 PM
Somewhere in my mind, "You are a perfect fiend"

The mirror stands before me and I cannot help but turn away. My beauty is frightening. I chance a second glance and my heart almost shatters from the ecstacy. Oh how perfect a monster I am.

Beside me the pretty little morsel of a woman that helped me with my clothing claps her hands and grins. I almost lose my composure as I envision my fist crushing her head. She has been staring too long and now she expects something from me. Money? Sex? Poor little darling....

-DANGER-

I can see into her mind without trying, instictivly as it were, and I picture the small blade tucked behind her back. Blessed with not only a perfect body, but also with a secret gift: the force.

Ahh you little devil you, and to think I thought you were the innocent one.....

I ignore her for another second as I take another long look at myself. My icey violet eyes stare back with hidden menace, while my smile plays some sinister trick on my mind. How the ladies swoon at the sight of my lavishly long black hair that envelops my bronze skin. Perfection, but would you expet nothing else?

The clothes are nice, but simply decoration for the main course: me. HA!

I turn back to the little lady and come up with a plan instantly.

"It appears we have finished my sweet..."

She smiles and nods. Pretty but not gorgeous. She would have to do...

"You have been most helpful and I feel that the price is just not enough."

She tries to talk but I silence her with a touch of my finger on her small delicate lips. What innocent lips..

I wink and she melts....too easy.

Three hours later and all I see is gold. She lies behind me, naked and spent in my bed, the silk sheets draped over her body haphazardly. I take a sip from the bottle of wine in my hand while I turn and look out at the Coruscant skyline. What a view. I chose my apartment well.

Such beauty. I was meant to be here, at the seat of power. My destiny at last.

Somewhere in my mind I hear the whisper, "Salvestro you are evil."

I whisper, "I know."

Somewhere in my mind I can hear screaming, but it is neither here nor there. I take another sip and close my eyes. Another day is breaking and I still thirst. The darkside calls and I must answer, but how?

Behind me I hear the woman stir as she awakens. Her heart races as she comes to realize where she is. She tries to smile but I know all her memories are a blur. She stands. I don't bother to turn around. I hear her grab her clothes and rummage through the back pocket.

"This my dear?" I hold up the small delicate blade in my hand. I can't see her reaction but I hear a whispered word.

"It's just for protection." she finally says.

I chuckle.

"I swear." She is angry now. To see that innocent face twisted into anger would be joyous, but I resist. I must not turn around.

"Can I have it back?"

Perfect.

"You want it?"

"Yes." Her voice quivers.

"Take it."

She sighs and stands. She has forgotten that she is naked. She thinks she holds the cards...

I wait till she stands right behind me before I turn to her. She smiles and reaches for my hand. I twist it away and she tries to grin. She reaches again, and I move away from her grasp. She frowns quickly than recovers as she makes another grasp. I am too quick.

"A kiss." I whisper.

She rolls her eyes and quickly tries to peck at my lips. I hold the knife flat up to her mouth and marvel as the silver contrasts against the pinkness.

"A real kiss."

She is enraptured again. Easy. She turns her head and moves closer. I let her touch me and I can feel her give way. Then I let her have it.

The knife goes in smoothly as a little gasp leaks from her. Precious. Oh and I love her. Her eyes are startled. She needs to understand...why? I twist it left than right, open the hole and her blood spills. The aroma of the room is suddenly too much to bear.

She pushes herself backward and to the ground. I see the wound for a second before she can cover it. Her body is leaking on the brown marble of the floor. She is trying to run from me, but she is weakening already.

The shock my dear.

Let it take you away.

I step over her petrified form and lock the doors in my room. No escape. She turns to the grand windows that look onto the morning sky that is the most populated planet in the galaxy. She tries to pound her way through the glass, but it doesn't give. I smile. 200 stories. Silly little thing.

She is like a desperate animal in a cage as she paces back and forth through the room. No escape. I don't bother telling her.

Finally she falls to the ground and cries. Only a matter of time, and I could watch this all day.

A beeping sound wakes me from my glee. I turn to the vid-screen behind me and frown. A call now?

I roll my eyes as I walk to the device. I flick the switch and smile as an elderly face appears.

"It is done." The mouth whispers.

I nod. "I will meet you an hour from now at the usual."

The screen goes blank and I continue to smile. Simple matter. Not important. I turn around and see that the girl has gone white. I shake my head.

"Someone for you my sweet but I told them you were busy." I walk up to her and I touch her head. She moves away.

"Now is that anyway to treat someone?"

I frown and realize that my fun is now over.

"I would stay beautiful but I have things to do. You understand? Great..."

I open my bedroom door and motion to one of my men.

"Finish her and then dump it."

Somewhere in my head I hear a whisper, "Such a beautiful beast Salvestro."

I burn to answer back, "Of course, but did you expect anything less?"

An hour later I am walking into a quiet bar, my clothing more descreate than usual, as I look for my associate.

No where. I grit my teeth. I it when people are late. I make my way to the back of the bar and sit. And wait.

"I'm gonna kill you when I see you."

Gav Mortis
Sep 11th, 2003, 05:26:30 AM
Scooping up a tray and a menu, Gav waltzed around the tables until he arrived at a table at which sat a peculiar looking man, it was his violet eyes which had drawn his attention. He looked displeased, perhaps someone was running late for him, he looked the kind of man who didn't like waiting. Inwardly, Gav smiled. Cha-ching.

"Can I help you at all, sir?" He asked, placing the menu upright in the centre of the table. "A drink perhaps?"

Salvestro
Sep 11th, 2003, 08:06:12 PM
It was always the eyes! Poor, poor little people. The attention was beautiful, but quite unneeded.

I roll the same eyes and frown. Another pretty face looking for some of my attention. Sad.

I sit back in my seat and lay my feet across the table in front of me. My arms cross my chest as I take a glance at the man that stands above me.

"And who might you be?"

I pause. Something isn't right. A monster in disguise?

"I can't imagine you work here."

Gav Mortis
Sep 11th, 2003, 08:31:19 PM
"No, I don't work here." Answered Gav immediately, sitting the wrong way around on a chair, legs comfortably akimbo on the seat, his arms resting on what was the back of the chair. He smiled mischievously. "My name is Gav Mortis and I asked you if you wanted a drink."

Salvestro
Sep 11th, 2003, 11:09:28 PM
I smile genuinely for the first time in a long time. Interesting.

I wonder if...

No. Best to not let ones hopes up. Probably just some simple thief looking for an easy buck.

But....just in case...

"A drink?" I rub my chin, my smile never faltering. "Sure. You can buy me a drink."

Gav Mortis
Sep 12th, 2003, 03:40:46 AM
"Who said anything about buying a drink?" Shooting Salvestro an incredulous look, Gav slipped out of his seat and scooped up the broad tray once more. He sauntered over to the bar and walked behind without hesitation, joining the employees who didn't appear to be alarmed by his actions. He poured to drinks and returned, placing them down on the table.

"I hope you like Dorian Quill, aged twelve years." He sat again, stiring at the fair gentleman with that same mischievous smile. He brought his glass up and swirled the ice-cubes around inside before bringing it to his lips. "Drink up."

Salvestro
Sep 12th, 2003, 07:38:12 AM
For a split second I feel anger pass through my body. Never have I ever been talked to like this. This man would have been dead a thousand times before he ever got to the bar...but there was something...something about him that said wait.

In my head I hear my sister whisper the words she said before I killed her, "There is something wrong with you brother, something ill in your soul."

She had ignored her instincts; would I make the same mistake?

I stare down at the glass of liquor and then I look back at him. There was a darkness in this man that matched my own soul. It was what I had been looking for ever since I had arrived on Coruscant.

"A question if I may?"

The man doesn't speak so I continue, "If I were to...I don't know...push the glass of liquor off the table..."

I bring my feet off the table in one fluid motion as I lean in close to the man. My right hand flicks out and the glass is sent crashing to the floor.

I lose all expression from my face as I speak again, "..would you kill me?"

Gav Mortis
Sep 12th, 2003, 08:44:29 AM
"Oh, goodness no." Gav laughed brightly, paying no attention to the broken glass or the droid wheeling over to celan the spillage. He raised his open hands and shrugged. "I mean what would be the fun in that? I like you as you are, as a corpse you'd serve me no purpose whereas alive I can enjoy your company."

He finished the rest of his drink, the ice hardly melted remained in the base of the glass. It was fairly evident that this man was some sort of malicious individual, there was a sadistic air in everything he said and did thus far. It was delicious to watch someone like him, he was unlike many of the others Gav had known.

Gav also stood out in a crowd, against his long, dark hair and pale skin was a dash of red face paint, two streaks over his right eyebrow and one which started below his right eye and swept down the side of his face to his chin. There wasn't a day that went by when he wouldn't bear these markings. He tap his fingertips rythmically against their table and watched Salvestro's face carefully before breaking the silence.

"And if I am to have the pleasure of your company, then I'd ask you to extend me the same courtesy and give me your name."

Salvestro
Sep 12th, 2003, 11:55:34 PM
I stifle an emotional outburst as I stare at the man before me. I don't know wether to kill him or love him....

I think I'll do both!

All of a sudden the man's features begin to look less frightening and more beautiful. A monster cut from the same cloth.

"Name?"

Tougher question than it sounds my dear Gav Mortis...

"Hmmmm...name?"

I smile. "Well, just to even the score than...my name is very simply.."

I whisper, "Salvestro."

Gav Mortis
Sep 13th, 2003, 07:22:48 AM
"Salvestro." Gav repeated, then with malice. "That's a pretty name."

"Well, Salv- on second thought your name is quite a mouthful. I'll call you Sal. I was wondering, Sal, why did you come here? What is it you're looking for?"

Salvestro
Sep 13th, 2003, 11:31:56 PM
I frown outwardly. I ignore the question and focus on the name.

"Sal?"

I shudder.

"Do me a favor and forget you ever called me that...."

I lean in close, "for both our sakes."

"As for your question", I roll my eyes and smile. 'I'm here waiting for an associate that needs paying."

As I say the words the elderly man I am waiting for walks into the bar. He is breathing heavily as sweat drips from his forhead and soaks his body. I can almost smell his stench from where I sit. Ahh, the downside of being me....no one is ever as good! HE spots me and makes his way to the table.

"Sorry." He whispers while sending a suspecious eye at my new companion, "Thought I was being followed."

I sigh, "Yes well now your here and I can tell you that the money is sent and you are now relieved from my service."

I smile half-hardidly, "Goodbye."

The man frowns as he pushes his glasses onto his face, "But I thought you had another job?"

"No."

"No?"

"No. Now frell off."

The man's frown cuts his face, "Fine then. You know my number."

With those words the man turns and exits the bar. I shake my head before turning to my new companion, "Now that he's gone I can ask: why are you here?"

Gav Mortis
Sep 14th, 2003, 06:22:30 AM
"I am here because you are." Gav answered plainly. Then he leaned a little closer and spoke with a voice more hushed than before. "And you weren't here waiting for that smelly, old man. What you were really looking for is me."

He scrutinized Salvestro's face for a moment, then grinned. "Me and my kind; that is what you are looking for and that is what I can give to you."

Salvestro
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:51:31 AM
"The Sith.", I whisper more to my self than to my companion. I smile slowly.

Everything was leading to this. I realize all at once that every action up to this very moment had led me here. This was destiny.

"Well what are we waiting for Gavy-boy! Lets get out of here!"

Gav Mortis
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:11:50 AM
"Hold on there, Sally!" Said Gav, holding his hands out in front of him. Then settling again, he added. "There's a bit more to it than that."

He turned to a waitress as she walked by and ordered two more drinks, she obliged and left not without recieving a smack on her behind. Gav laughed and turned to the fair gentleman once more.

"So as I was saying, Sally-baby, there's more to it than a simple let's get out of here. Besides, who said anything about the Sith? My people and I aren't exclusive, all Darksiders are welcome. But first--"

He glanced sideways and smirked. The waitress was on her way over to their table with the drinks he'd ordered, he gave her a wave, smiling from ear to ear.

"--I want you to kill her, right here and now."

Salvestro
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:21:41 PM
I frown deep and hard. I ignore the blatant attempt at angering me with the name change and focus instead on his order.

"I'm not used to taking orders you know that right?"

I don't let him respond as I wave him off with my hand.

"It doesn't matter. I realize that you have me at a disadvantage. You are obviously stronger than I am. No question. I know nothing."

I let the frown dissolve into a smile.

"But one day Gav Mortis; one day you will realize what a stupid decision that truly was."

I stand. Anger is boiling within me but I don't allow it to show. Like a fire it burns my insides, dissolving my heart into nothing. I close my eyes and breath deep.

One little woman. How silly. I could kill her a thousand times over...but no....not what he wants.

I open my eyes and scan the bar. Five other patrons beside the waitress that approaches. Great...

I pull my blaster from my coat and begin to fire it into the back of a green rodian that sits at the bar. It's burning ion blast sears away his flesh as he gives out a sharp squeal.

A blaster. Such an impersonal weapon. Too bad I don't have a lightsaber...

The others people begin to move, screams erupting from there mouths as they realize the danger that surrounds them. I don't give them anytime to get out. One by one they fall without fighting back; each one left in agony and fear as they are mowed down by my fury.

The waitress, after the first blast had become to crawl on the ground to the exit, her soft whimpers overshadowed by the intense shots of my blaster. I leave her alone while I finish them off, leaving the bartender for last, the only one who made any attempt to shoot at me.

I turn to Gav and smile before making my way slowly to the table closest to the exit, under which the waitress sits, a huddle mass of flesh. She has given up her attempt at escape, almost as if she accepts her fate. I fling the table away from her. She gives a startled scream.

"Well my dear." I whisper as I stare at Gav.

"And then there was one."

I grab her by the hair roughly and tilt her face to me.

"Name."

She whimpers.

"NAME!"

"'Jari.", she manages.

"Well Jari. I have just killed everyone in here." She begins to cry as if it just dawned her what has happened.

"And now I should kill you." I sneer, "after all you were really the only reason they died."

She gives me a questioning look while clear tears stream down her cheeks.

"Oh yes believe me it's true." I point at Gave, "You see that man over there-wave at him-yes that man ORDERED me to kill you."

I look deep her into her eyes, "Isn't that frelling hilarious!"

He doesn't laugh, "Well no I guess I can see how you wouldn't find that funny."

I grit my teeth, "I'm not going to kill you Jari, because that would be to easy."

"Instead, I'm going to hurt you forever."

From my back pocket I pull the small knife I had used earlier to kill the woman in my apartment. I smile inside as I remember how I opened my day.

I tear my self away from the memories and lean in close to her forehead. I give her a small peck. Her skin is soft and white under me. She shivers slightly.

"So beautiful."

Then I lean back and stab the knife sideways into her nose. It takes only a second of startled screaming and slicing to mangle her nose completely. As she backs away from me holding her bloody face I grab her hand and hold tight onto her thumb before I separate it from her body. Suddenly there is to much to hold and she simply lies face down on the ground screaming into the dirt.

"Something to remember me by my dear...."

I walk slowly away from her and stand next to Gav. I throw the knife onto the table and slump into my seat. My eyes remain close for a few seconds before I turn to my companion.

"..something to remember."

Gav Mortis
Sep 15th, 2003, 06:02:59 AM
"To Mercy, Pity, Peace and Love all pray in their distress." Gav said quietly, clearly unphased by what had transpired in the bar. He stood and from the holster at the hip of the dead Rodian jumped a blaster pistol, it landed firmly in his hand. He stared at the waitress, pale, shivering and mangled on the floor. He raised the blaster. "And to these virtues of delight return their thankfulness."

He fired one shot, it pierced her skull and her wimpering came to an end. There was a moments silence, then he looked at Salvestro. "Why did you choose to disfigure her?"

Salvestro
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:09:54 AM
"Why?" I think for a second. It had never been my intention to kill the woman. In no way was I going to do exactly what this man wanted me to do. Instead I had chosen to kill everyone else; an act of defiance. But now that the adrenalin high had worn off I was able to really think on what I had done...and why.

"I did it because it made more sense in the long run."

"Sure I could have put a shot through her skull like you just did, but really what's the fun in that? No excitement. Instead she would have always remembered me everytime she looked in the mirror and no amount of surgery would have healed the scars in her mind."

I smiled.

"I guess I like to leave a lasting impression."

Gav Mortis
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:21:18 AM
"So, what you're telling me is that you're more interested with your own pleasure, you're chief goal is to make people suffer?" Gav asked, tossing the blaster aside.

Salvestro
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:39:45 AM
I laugh out loud.

"Well when you put it that way Gav. Yes. I am indeed more interested in my own pleasure. Is there no greater satisfaction in the world?"

Gav Mortis
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:45:27 AM
"No, actually. Now that you mention it. There's nothing better than one's own pleasure."

Suddenly, Gav threw out a hand and from his palm leapt a blinding blue and white light, it arcs through the air and the endless tendrils of electricty jump at Salvestro.

Salvestro
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:50:23 AM
No word can escape my lips as the blinding energy hits me. I fall to the ground. I try to scream but my chest is empty. I am a shell for the electricty and it is eating me alive.

I can hear ringing and I see my mothers bloody face staring at me. She smiles now. The maggots eat away at her gums.

As darkness begins to creep into my vision I can only think one thing:

WHY!?!?

Gav Mortis
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:56:15 AM
"Because this is self-indulgence. This is pleasure." Said Gav, answering the unspoken question; after all who wouldn't be thinking 'Why?' at a moment like this. Gav's mouth twitched into a grin, it had been a while since he'd last done something like this; how he had missed it. His other hand raised and a second bolt of lightning errupted from his empty palm. The electricity wrapped itself around Salvestro's fallen body, snaking over his limbs and digging beneath his skin. His victim was crackling now and the smell of burning flesh filled the air. The Sith didn't stop.

"Tell me, Sally, how does it feel to be on the other side of the tracks?"

Salvestro
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:02:38 AM
Bastard!

I would have spit if I could get at him. More electricity. More pain.

What's that smell.

Stop the ringing damnit!

The taste of blood fills my mouth but I don't pay attention.

I can't!

Kill you, kill you, I'm gonna frelling kill you. You've got family. Kill them. Friends. I'm gonna eat them. Bastard!.

I suddenly realize that I could definently die. Oh what a pity that would be...so much to do.

Stop talking idiot! Can't you see that I'm dying! What are you asking me?"

Gav Mortis
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:10:30 AM
"I thought as much." Gav said nonchalantly, his heinous barrage of lightning continued. "Consequences, Sally, consequences; you have to start using more mind and less muscle. Not everyone has to suffer and die. Waste not, want not. You kill needlessly, I see that as a flaw in an otherwise promising student."

Suddenly, the flow of devastating energy from his hands came to an end and their surroundings were dark once again. He was silent for a moment, watching the smoking form of Salvestro on the floor. He was still conscious.

"We'll have to do something about that wont we?"

Salvestro
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:23:05 AM
The floor under me comes sharply into focus before everything goes blurry again. I cough and hear a splash of blood against the ground. The stench of cooked flesh sickens me.

I hear his words but they are distant and faint. I cough again. More blood.

Look what the beautiful fiend has become! Sniveling child that lies on the ground like a beast.

I lean my head up slowly, ignoring the stab of pain on my neck, and stare at my attacker.

Then I give a shot of laughter. I close my eyes as I let the feeling wash over me. I laugh again, this time louder. My eyes burn behind there lids but I pay no attention as my laughter builds. Suddenly I am heaving with laughter. The pain is excrutiating but I deal.

"Ahh. So your the teacher and I the student. Ah what a lesson Gav. What a gloriously ingenious lesson."

I roll onto my side, small burts of laughter still echoing through my frame.

"You wanna give me a hand here friend? I don't think I'll be able to stand."

Gav Mortis
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:32:04 AM
"Stand?" Gav repeated curiously, he looked puzzled. "Stand? Oh yes, stand. No, I don't think you need to stand, you'll be on your back for quite some time yet."

Gav smiled rather cheerfully while small sparks of elecrticity danced about his fingers.. "The next thing you're going to see will be the ceiling of a hospital ward on Onderon. Now, where were we?"

Then his expression changed dramatically and with a snarl he lurched forward violently, hands outstretched once more. There was a powerful explosion which illuminated the bar a brilliant white and again there was hissing and fizzing and crackling. The tendrils of lightning were much more potent and eviscerating this time, jumping from Gav's fingertips, the torrnets of electricity never ended. His eyes were wide, his teeth clenched and he was oblivious to the fires which had started around him and Salvestro as he brought the once fair man within an inch of his life.

Salvestro
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:38:44 AM
All I see is white.

No more pain.

Just white.

Blinding.

Hello. I hear a whisper and I turn. My father stands before me but not the way I remember him. I remember torn flesh and fountains of blood, but now he looks so....alive.

He's turning away now. Walking away.

Am I dead. A whisper. Where am I.

No pain.

This is beatiful.

But I need to wake up...