PDA

View Full Version : Burn (Open)

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 9th, 2003, 09:03:12 PM
Burn with truth
Scorch the world of Evil
Burn with truth
Set fire to the world of Darkness

It was a busy night on Coruscant. Wei was the exception, being the only person without things to do. Wei was wandering about the brightly lit streets, watching people go on their way to clubs, or out to dinner, or to a movie.

"Coruscant sure is a lively place. Everyone looks to be having a lot of fun."

But as much as Coruscant was lively, it was also dangerous. Not all areas of Coruscant were patrolled by police cars and lit brightly by streetlights. And sometimes, even the brightly lit patrolled areas were not safe.

Wei slowed down his walk to stare at a toy in the window of a shop, when a woman screamed and people began to run in panic.

"What's going on? Everyone seems so upset."

Wei immediately began to head through the crowd, moving stubbornly in the opposite direction of the panicked mess of peoples. Wei hoped that no one had gotten hurt yet.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 10th, 2003, 08:20:31 AM
I had been out for a walk today. A couple of days after I had met Yasmin which was a couple of days after I had arrived. Today I ventured out of my hotel room with a hooded cloak on, the hood pulled up so as to keep my identity hidden. I didn't notice that I had picked up a tail shortly after leaving the hotel and it's now that they made theirselves known to me by pushing me up against the wall of a building. Out of reflex, I let out a loud and piercing scream.

Man 1: "Ok Miss Wolfe. Our boss ain't happy with you for turning him down."

I barely notices the ppl trying to get out of the area as fast as possible. I was more focused on the group of men that had me surronded in this nice neighbourhood. If I had of been paying attention to more then just these men, I would have noticed somebody trying to make their way towards me.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 10th, 2003, 01:00:09 PM
"Excuse me," Wei said calmly. "Please back away from the lady."

Wei had found the problem: a group of thugs were harassing a woman, and making quite a scene about it while they were at it.

Wei's face was stern, showing that he meant business. "If you have a problem with this lady, you can take it up in a more non-violent manner."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 11th, 2003, 08:05:29 AM
I'm about to respond the the man who was talking to me when another stranger spoke up. I hope that this new comer will stop these ppl because I know I don't have the strength to stop them myself.

Man1: He turns to face Wei, a sneer on his face. "Look pal, why don't you mind your own business and let us talk to Miss Wolfe here. Our boss wanted her to perform for him, and well, she made the mistake of turning him down. We're just following orders here." He turns back to face Elise and goes to slap her across the face.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 11th, 2003, 01:10:19 PM
Wei takes two quick steps forward and catches the man's hand before he can striek Elise.

"No, I won't. She has the ability to choose for herself who she will and will not perform for."

Wei pushes the man back and steps between him and Elise. "I'm not looking for a fight. I only want to prevent you guys from going about this the wrong way."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 12th, 2003, 11:50:22 AM
Man1: His hand gets grabbed by Wei and he turns to face Wei again. "Look mister, you won't have to fight if you don't get involved with this. Miss Wolfe needs a lesson taught to her, and so we are going to teach her her lesson."

Man2: He walks over to be beside Wei and goes to punch him in the temple.

Man3: Decides to just hold Elise while the other to deal with the intruder, wanting to make sure that Elise doesn't get away.

I'm very thankful for this stranger's interference. My eyes catch sight of a symbol on one of my attackers clothing and I groan silently. I do my best to pull away from the man that's holding onto me, but he unfortunately has a strong grip on my arm.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 12th, 2003, 12:35:53 PM
Wei stepped out of the way of the second man's punch and let go of the first man. Wei quickly took the second man by the arm, and twisted it behind his back before pushing him into the first man.

"You people don't think do you? How is hurting this woman going to teach her anything? You are the ones that need to be taught a lesson."

Wei walked over to where the third man was holding Elise. "Let her go. This violence is pointless."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:29:27 AM
Man1&2 turn and run as fast as they can away from the small group, leaving the third man by his self.

Man3: He looks at his pals running and then back to Wei. He lets Elise go and starts to step away from her. "I've just been following orders mister. I don't approve, but I don't dare disobey them." He then turns and runs as fast as he can away from there.

I looked at Wei as he deals with the men quite calmly. As I'm let go, I reach up and pull the hood of my cloak up again since it had come down during the brief encounter. I'm greatful that everybody else was concerned on just getting out of the area that most probably didn't notice who I am, or if they did, they didn't care. I let a slight smile come onto my face, even though it's hidden in shadows now as I incline my head in a slight nod to Wei.

"Thank-you kind Sir."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 14th, 2003, 03:19:38 PM
Wei smiled and shrugged. "You're welcome."

Wei frowned at what the third man had said. It was a sad world when someone could be fightened into letting go of their morals.

"So, where are you headed?" Wei asked, putting aside his thoughts. "It's probably not a good idea to leave you to walk about by yourself since you've been attacked. They might try again later."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 15th, 2003, 07:52:32 AM
"I was just on my way to get something to eat when those men attacked me. It's not to abnormal for me to be attacked.

Would you like to join me for lunch?"

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:05:08 PM
Wei nodded. "Lunch is good. So why do you get attacked so often?"

To be quite honest, Wei was worried about Elise. Not abnormal for her to be attacked? Well, crime was nothing new on Coruscant, but still, to be so desensitized to it that it's a normal thing? Wei couldn't fathom it. It made him curious.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 16th, 2003, 07:48:30 AM
Elise turned and started walking down the street, pausing for Wei to join her.

"Truthfully, I don't know why I get attacked so often. This last time though is probably because I refused to perform for somebody.

This is just a wild guess here, but it might be because I don't have anybody with me as a body guard. I've made myself known around the galaxy to ppl who like music. That's the only thing I can think of, but even that is pretty lame I know."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:01:09 AM
"Yeah, it is lame. People trying to beat you up because you won't perform your music for them."

Wei walked with Elise down the street and thought for a moment. "Surely there's some way you could get in contact with someone who would be your bodyguard?"

Elise Wolfe
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:06:33 AM
"I'm sure there is, but the problem is, is I don't know anyone who would have the skills to be my bodyguard. I used to know someone, but they died awhile back."

I fell silent as I remember the true reason why I left the last planet I was on.

"I just don't anyone anymore who has the skills to be a bodyguard."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 16th, 2003, 10:47:00 AM
Wei thought for a moment. "You said you played music, right? At concerts there are security guards to keep fans or whoever from getting on stage and trying to do something to the musicians. Surely the record company or whoever pays those people would be willing to assign one of them to keep an eye on you."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:49:48 AM
"Yes, I do play music, but I've never done a performance before. All I've ever done is record my music and then it gets sold like that. Though I do have my first live performance coming up."

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 17th, 2003, 06:56:17 PM
"That must be exciting. So, what sorts of music do you play?"

While Wei paid attention to Elise, he was also addressing the problem of what to do to make sure she would stay safe. Wei's duty as a Jedi would not let him leave her without some way of keeping out of harm, but Wei's responsibilities were too many to be her bodyguard himself.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 18th, 2003, 10:37:45 AM
"I actually play a wide variety of music. Classical, traditional, modern. You name it, I've probably at least tried it. The music that I find I'm not thrilled with, I don't play."

I said rather calmly as I turned a corner to a street and started walkind down the new street.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:00:10 PM
Wei nodded. "That's understandable. It's always good to play music that you enjoy. Do you write any of your own music at all?"

Elise Wolfe
Sep 19th, 2003, 07:48:08 AM
"Most of the time yes, though I do learn some of the more popular pieces which I like as well."

I fell silent as my thoughts drifted back towards my homeworld and what they told me when I started to put alot of effort into my music. At that thought, I laugh slightly, knowing that they are wrong about what I do.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 19th, 2003, 02:06:18 PM
Wei nodded. "What sorts of music do you compose?" Wei asked. Wei already knew she could play different types of music, but what did she write?

Elise Wolfe
Sep 20th, 2003, 08:36:16 AM
"I do my best to write all types of music. The ones that don't turn out well, I just put away and when I'm wanting to improve on a song, I pull one of them out."