PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Delinquent (law enforcement puh-lease)

Billy Stone
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:32:50 PM
Billy wore a look of utter displeasure. It was completely justified too. She sat glaring at the back of the officer's heads from the rear seat of the speeder, clutching her very-worn-and-splitting-at-the-seams stuffed rabbit. It was all her dad's fault, him and his stupid lessons.

Her scowl deepened as she remembered it.

"Billy, pay attention. You gotta start somewhere, okay?"

"Daddy, I don't want to, I want to go outside."

"You can go outside when you do this. Just nick something, okay?"

"But it's wrong."

"So's the cost of living, think of it as taking what's rightfully yours. It's a candy, a book, a cheap toy, anything Bill. Understand?"

"...Yeah."

Seven years old and caught shoplifting. Billy knew she wasn't in real trouble, they were just trying to scare her. Unless...

No, unless they'd been paying uber attention to the news they wouldn't know who Billy was. While Ellum Stone was often on the holo, her picture had been on only a few times in an outrageous attempt to make her father seem halfway human.

"You can't convict me."

Billy sounded utterly serious. The driver chuckled softly as they pulled up to headquarters. Billy exited the vehicle as gracefully as she could, chin raised, and walked delicately into the station. The policeman directed her to a hard duraplast seat. Billy scooted onto it, still holding her rabbit.

This was ridiculous.