PDA

View Full Version : SW Mods: Dizzy

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 8th, 2003, 12:34:56 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31662 He needs to be taught a lesson. I suggest temporary ban, but then it isn't my call.

Taylor Millard
Sep 8th, 2003, 12:59:26 AM
I was about to PM JMC about this. I do agree with this course of action. He needs to be taught a lesson.

ReaperFett
Sep 8th, 2003, 06:48:30 AM
I do think a temporary ban is required.

JMK
Sep 8th, 2003, 07:08:14 AM
I agree, this guy is intolerably dense.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2003, 10:52:51 AM
Good luck that is all I can say the guy doesn't have much in brains I remember the whole mess with the Long Countdown that became a nightmare because he couldn't get through his head he was irrating people. Maybe some should just talk to him, but it sure won't be me.

Charley
Sep 8th, 2003, 11:04:52 AM
:thumbdown Put him in the Iron Maiden plz

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 8th, 2003, 11:27:39 AM
So then, you guys go do it, he's insulting Figrin for trying to explain the rules to him and I haven't seen one of you guys mention it yet.

Or have you PMed him?

JMK
Sep 8th, 2003, 01:38:52 PM
I just dropped a little note in the thread. Hopefully he quits it.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 8th, 2003, 01:47:28 PM
Okay, this is like the third or fourth time I have seen dizzy pull this shit. Guess what, I'm sick of it, I am going to PM dizzy my little piece of mind, and then after I see he has read it he is going on a 5 day ban.

He can argue with me all he likes, but if he chooses to do so, he will find his access here gone completely.

He seems to think he is above the rules and in that attitude is hurting others by bringing topics he didn't start to the verge of closure, simply because he can't follow some simple rules.

The time for slaps on the wrist and verbal warnings is over. Its time he finds that we can and will take action.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:13:50 PM
I am glad you split the thread there is no reason to close a thread he had nothing to do with, I think that was the good move. Also about Dizzy I think his problem is on CC.net he has free reign they have almost no rules about swearing over there as far as I know (he basically runs the place I think) so that might be what is going on.

CMJ
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:28:18 PM
He's bothered me for quite some time now. I have qualms with him being deep sixed for good.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:32:34 PM
I have already removed his acccess to all of the forums except for the Communications forum. He will be able to read the PM I sent, but not be able to post with the sirdizzy name anywhere bu in Communications.

After I see he has read the PM, I will remove that account's access to all forums and make note of his IP range to watch and see if he tries to subvert his temp banning by registering or using another account.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:37:11 PM
Not sure what Dizzy would do, he can be a prick but he might not care he could try something who knows. He could go and bitch and moan over at CC.net

imported_Eve
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:48:06 PM
I know this problem is handled.

BO Mods... where 'ya at? Why hasn't he been dealt with before this?

The REASON he acts this way is because the BO mods let him get away with it. It's more than cursing, he made an offensive comment (see pickles) along with his total disregard for the swearing rules. That's two strikes.

Don't come crying about how he always does it, when no mod in that forum ever does anything about it.

The rest of the board mods and admins usually won't interfere because we don't want to step on any toes. But what were the last five major issues in that forum, and who dealt with them?

It may not be a big deal to the BO mods, and the problems may be being pointed out by a non BO mod, but mods still need to uphold the board rules.

There is no question, Dizzy broke the rules. BAM, he's out.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:55:06 PM
I have tried dealing with before back when David was here. Both us tried he was hogging the Long Countdown thread back than and acting like a jerk we both tried talking some sense into him but it didn't work and he really acted like a jerk. So I have basically ignored him sense I can't deal with him that is the only reason why I haven't done anything.

Taylor Millard
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:00:07 PM
Well if he's breaking rules and being a jerk, shouldn't we take more than just a temporary ban action on him?

What's the difference between Dizzy and JLB (wasn't that the last person we banned from BO Forum)?

CMJ
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:01:09 PM
Ne never used to really break rules...he just irritated the snot out of people. In fact that's why I'm happy this finally came to a head.

Him cursing?? Well whatever, he's just a prick and he finally gave us a good excuse I guess. He gets under my skin the way Jonathan got in the way of so many other peoples. Bowen was an iffy case alot of the time(which is why he stuck around for so damn long even though most people hated his guts), so is sirdizzy IMHO. Nonetheless, good riddance.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:04:53 PM
Yeah that is exactly what I think I think this is like the third instance of him swearing in like 6 months. The reason I didn't like him was because he rag about the Box office contest or the whole Long Countdown thing where he was just irratiting and nothing else. That was his problem here mostly he didn't break any rules until recently. That is what David said a year a half ago and he said we had to live with him.

ReaperFett
Sep 8th, 2003, 05:24:35 PM
But what were the last five major issues in that forum, and who dealt with them?
Just because someone got there first, doesn't mean noone would have dealt with them.

JMK
Sep 8th, 2003, 06:55:33 PM
If I had more than 5 minutes of net time before tonight in the past week I would have dealt more harshly with him. I've been waiting to break him off because he nearly made me snap a few times last year.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 8th, 2003, 08:15:30 PM
Dizzy just read my PM and has now been moved to the "Banned by MOderators" usergroup for a period of five days.

ReaperFett
Sep 8th, 2003, 08:20:46 PM
Is that automated, or does someone have to unban him?

TheHolo.Net
Sep 8th, 2003, 08:24:25 PM
It is not automated. I will unban him.

ReaperFett
Sep 8th, 2003, 08:26:13 PM
Okay, just curious :)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 8th, 2003, 10:16:16 PM
Has he said anything?

TheHolo.Net
Sep 10th, 2003, 11:53:41 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Has he said anything? No he hasn't.

I really doubt a 5 day ban bothers him much. That is why I am thinking that if he tries to "phone in" his picks for the NFL picks thread for this week through another poster, he should be denied participation in this week's picks as part of his disciplinary action.

He appears to like the BO and NFL picks threads alot and highly value his status as a leader in either category so denying his entry for this week's picks will do more to teach him a lesson about breaking rules than a ban will IMO.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 11th, 2003, 11:15:32 AM
You would have to keep him banned through Saturday for that to work. Also I think he doesn't care anyway. Also he hasn't gripped at CC.net unless he is doing that on their moderator board I have no access to that.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 11th, 2003, 02:43:16 PM
Through Saturday..... I can do that. >D

JMK
Sep 12th, 2003, 02:48:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Making him lose a full week of picks would do as much disciplining as anything would. Let the ban stand until 1:01pm on Sunday. Right after kickoff. :lol

Taylor Millard
Sep 12th, 2003, 03:07:47 PM
Yeah that'd work perfectly...

Let's do it >D :D

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 12th, 2003, 03:17:45 PM
LOL fine with me :p

ReaperFett
Sep 12th, 2003, 03:21:17 PM
You evil, evil people. Have you no sense of decency???

...me neither, do it ;)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 13th, 2003, 03:09:52 PM
Dizzy's ban has been removed, but I did announce in the NFL picks topic that he was disqualified from this week's picks.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 13th, 2003, 08:39:59 PM
I wonder when he will start posting ??? He might even leave the board for a while like Darth23 did when he got mad at me.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 13th, 2003, 11:27:08 PM
As I suspected he tried to post picks anyway.

I removed his picks as well as his two argumentative off topic posts from the thread and issued him an absolute final warning in his own little thread. I fully expect to be banning dizzy permenatly within the next 48 hours. He seems to think he makes the rules as he goes and I will prove im wrong. I will not put up with a single ounce of his shit any more and neither will any other posters.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2003, 12:15:36 AM
dizzy has been banned for good.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 14th, 2003, 12:20:49 AM
That was quick. :p I am waiting for a violent reaction over at CC.net.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2003, 12:22:27 AM
He can rant all he wants there and I will say nothing. It is not my board and thus not my concern.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 14th, 2003, 12:24:28 AM
Oh I am just curious what he will say there that is all. I don't care as long as the members from there don't troll over here.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2003, 12:29:01 AM
Trolling is a bannable offence as per the FAQ under the flaming section V.L.3.a.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 14th, 2003, 12:32:08 AM
Ok though I have my doubts that any of them will I am not sure how many of them are really friends of Dizzy I wonder how he became a mod over there.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 14th, 2003, 12:33:19 AM
He proved he hasn't any sense here tonight.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 14th, 2003, 12:36:21 AM
Yeah that is true probably couldn't find anybody else for the job over there.

ReaperFett
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:56:37 AM
If he makes a thread over there, it will be easy to counter. We have rules, he broke them. Deliberately and multiple times. We can refer back to the Charlies Angels 2 thread as well for this. The CC.net people are good peeps, they're not going to side with him other that.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:57:28 AM
He hasn't posted anything though, unless he is doing on his mods board, and I have no clue about that. I am not sure if any of them would take up for him. I'd say Darth23 might but he doesn't post here hardly at all anymore.

ReaperFett
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:03:32 AM
Darth doesn't post much ANYWHERE. I accidently PMed him at TF.N, he said :)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:47:27 AM
Actually he posts more at Box Office Mojo I go over there occasionally and I see more posts from him there than anywhere else.

ReaperFett
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:54:10 AM
Yeah, he said he posts there. Suppose it's just how it is, the less time you have the less forums you go to.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 14th, 2003, 11:00:34 AM
Yeah but man I hating posting there there are a lot of morons over there, I am glad I don't have mod that place it is a nightmare.

ReaperFett
Sep 14th, 2003, 11:05:57 AM
I'd hate to moderate a place like that. You can't ban everyone, but you always feel you SHOULD :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:06:43 AM
..who sez you can't ban everyone? :uhoh

CMJ
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:30:35 PM
Well, I'm definitely not shedding tears over him getting the boot.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:57:31 PM
We haven't baned that many people Dizzy and Jon have been the only two SW poster who only post in the SW sections and really they have been the only two trouble posters over there. Most people behave themselves pretty well, IMO.

JMK
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:48:41 AM
Lebron was a handful too at times, but these things usually work themselves out. I won't miss him either.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 20th, 2003, 11:29:29 AM
Lebron just left on his own he realized that nobody liked his idiotic comments.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 20th, 2003, 01:31:58 PM
Lebron is back you sillies. Ryan Pode = Lebron

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 20th, 2003, 08:34:50 PM
Hey I didn't know that, actually since he changed his name he has behaved himself at least on our end.

CMJ
Sep 20th, 2003, 09:13:02 PM
You didn't? Man I knew it was him immediately.

JMK
Sep 20th, 2003, 11:08:38 PM
Damn, I should have known it was him. He kept harassing me on MSN under the name Pode. Layton's right though. He has been better since the switch.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:56:08 AM
*shows Carr how to IP check* :mneh

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 21st, 2003, 10:04:04 PM
Well I didn't think to look,I thought he was somebody new. As I said didn't pay attention since he has behaving himself it seems.