PDA

View Full Version : Between Friends....(Mylia)

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:58:03 PM
It wasn't an hour after Jedi Master Morgan Evanar left that, Quay'Na felt well enough for some company. She was still rather sick, but not as bad as before the Jedi Master had arrived.

The couch-ailing Padawan clicked on her comm-link and had paged Mylia to come to her quarters. Now, while her body shook and sweat some more, she waited.

Mylia had been such a good friend to her and her presence would be more than a help.

Quay'Na readjusted her blanket and sighed as she closed her eyes and wiped the sweat from her brow.

Lady Mylia
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:09:34 PM
Mylia was taking a nap when she recieved Quay's page. She picked up her comm-link which was laying on her bed side table.[i] "Hello..." [i]She answered, sleepily. "Sure, I'll be right over." Mylia drug herself out of bed and got herself ready. After about 10 minutes of preparing herself, she stepped out of her 'fresher with a smile. Time to go see Quay. Mylia had felt for Quay, with everything that was going on she wanted to be the best friend that Quay could have right then. As she walked to Quay's room, she couldn't help thinking about everything that had happened to Quay in the past few weeks. She knew it was very hard for her friend right now, and Mylia wanted to be there to help her through whatever she needed. It was about 15 minutes after Quay's call when Mylia finally reached Quay's door. She knocked quietly and waited for an answer.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:16:57 PM
Still having the IV in her left arm and being too weak to really want to move too much, Quay'Na simply called. "Come in, door's open!"

Lady Mylia
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:23:48 PM
Mylia entered and looked around, spotting Quay. She quietly closed the door behind her and made her way over to Quay. She reached down and embraced her friend. "It's good to see you, Quay'Na."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:44:16 PM
Quay'Na smiled weakly and returned the embrace. "It's good to see you, Mylia. I hope I've not interrupted anything." She replied as she pushed a lock of sweaty hair behind her ear. "Forgive my appearance, stimulant withdraw...I thought it was killing me." Bad pun.

"I...I mean, I feel pretty bad. But, I'm better than I was a couple of hours ago. How are things on the outside?" Quay'Na had not left the temple grounds since her suicide attempt and that had been a week ago.

Lady Mylia
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:50:08 PM
Mylia shook her head and laughed. It was nice to see Quay still had a sense of humor. She sat down next to Quay. "You didn't interupt anything. I'm glad you asked me to come over, I didn't want to just show up, I didn't want to bother you, but I've been wanting to see you." Mylia looked over to a small window and back to Quay. "The outside is the same as it always was, boring, busy and always moving. But it hasn't been the same without you." She smiled to her friend with a wink.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:55:41 PM
Quay'Na nodded sadly. "I want to rejoin that world again, soon. But, I need to get over this sickness first." She sighed as a shaking fit took over, she squeezed her eyes shut until it passed. "This is awful, I wouldn't wish this on anyone."

Lady Mylia
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:58:19 PM
Mylia placed her hand on Quay's hand as she began to shake. She had never witnessed anything like that and it scared her to see her friend in such a conditation. She took a breath, she must be strong for Quay. "We can't wait for you to re-join. I'll help you with whatever you need help with to get over this sickness."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:09:50 PM
Quay'Na felt Mylia's Force waves from just being there. They were comforting, relaxing as finally the shaking stopped. She breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you for being here, Mylia. I didn't know who else to turn too and I didn't want to be alone."

Lady Mylia
Sep 8th, 2003, 04:22:22 AM
Mylia smiled. "You are most welcome, Quay. Anything for you."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:42:53 PM
"Thanks, I'm just glad you're here. I've got so many things on my mind and I don't really know where to begin... It's been so hard and I'm trying to be strong, but sometimes it's so overwhelming."

Quay took a deep breath and tried to relax. "Vega's memory haunts me."

Lady Mylia
Sep 8th, 2003, 06:16:09 PM
Mylia nodded. "That's understandable, but you must try with all your might to more on. I know deep down you will always have a piece of your heart just for Vega, and I know time will only be able to heal the wound on your heart." Mylia understood, she knew what it was like to loose someone she held very dearly. "Trust me, time will heal you...." Mylia said thinking of her father and uncle.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 9th, 2003, 03:15:05 AM
"There's more to it than that, Mylia. Vega, he was....a Darksider..." Shame appeared all over her face as she told her friend.

Lady Mylia
Sep 9th, 2003, 04:31:33 AM
"Even worse..." Mylia said. She smiled, letting Quay know that she didn't condem her for this. "I know it's wrong, but you have no control over your heart. It seems to have a mind and will of it's own."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 9th, 2003, 05:02:10 AM
Quay'Na sighed, "he was the first man from the outside that ever gave me that kind of attention. His aura was captivating and I couldn't help myself but to fall in love. But, that wasn't the entire reason I tried to commit suicide, after Vega's death I found out that he was married..." Tears came to her eyes then.

Lady Mylia
Sep 9th, 2003, 06:39:09 PM
Mylia began to comfort Quay. "I know, honey, it can be hard...." She suddenly stopped. "What?! He was married?" She couldn't believe that.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 10th, 2003, 03:24:37 AM
"Yes...I had no idea. He treated me so good. But, what really pushed me overthe edge...was his wife, I had a confrontation with her the day I tried to commit suicide. She...came to invite me to his wake...to his wake!"

Lady Mylia
Sep 10th, 2003, 04:21:57 AM
Mylia shook her head. She couldn't believe that. Only a darksider would be that twisted. "Oh Quay. I had no idea that was all going on also."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 10th, 2003, 04:41:31 AM
"I was completely shocked senseless it was the roughest blow I'd ever felt and then...I touched the darkside...' Her head bowed in shame as tears silently rolled odwn her cheeks. It felt good to finally release some of her pent up feelings.

Lady Mylia
Sep 10th, 2003, 03:09:14 PM
Mylia shook her head. "I can imagine. Wow..." She looked to Quay'Na with a smile. "I'm just glad you are okay now... the darkside can be a rough and tough thing. Very tricky..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 10th, 2003, 03:27:28 PM
"Something that I almost didn't survive from. I'm so glad that I...." She cringed and gritted her teeth as her body began shaking again. It was a terrible feeling.

Lady Mylia
Sep 11th, 2003, 01:26:19 PM
Mylia kept ahold of Quay's hand through all shaking. "It'll pass soon, Quay. It'll be okay." She repeated softly in a soothing voice.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 13th, 2003, 03:24:33 AM
Seemingly like it took forever for it to pass, Quay'Na sighed deeply. "I hope this stops soon." She tried to smile. "Thanks so much for being here, Mylia. I'm sorry, you have to witness all this."

Lady Mylia
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:15:47 AM
Mylia smiled and shook her head at Quay. "There is no need to apoligize. I'm glad I can be here with you."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:40:22 AM
"So, how have you been?" She asked as she shifted her weight to a more comfortable position.

Lady Mylia
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:51:56 AM
Mylia shrugged. "I've been okay, keeping busy with training and all, you know how that goes..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:26:09 PM
"Yes, I remember the feeling, Sage was always keeping me busy. Seems now I have an awful lot of time on my hands."

Lady Mylia
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:39:12 PM
Mylia smiled. "I'm sure that'll change soon enough. Be happy you have time, now."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:50:58 PM
"Yes, when Sage returns I'm sure he'll be cracking down hard. Especially, with all I have to tell him."

Lady Mylia
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:27:29 AM
Mylia nodded. "I'm sure he won't be too hard."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:37:30 AM
"I don't know, I've gotten into an awful lot of trouble lately. I won't be surprised if he really cracks down."

Lady Mylia
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:07:21 PM
Mylia looked to Quay, not fully understanding her statement. "What trouble? You were seduced by the darkside, it can happen to anyone... plus, you didn't hurt anyone... I think you've been through enough punishment. If he gives you more than a little I'll be very surprised."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:05:52 AM
"Well, all I can do is hope for the best..." she sighed as she yawned, she was getting tired.

"Mylia, can you stay until I go to sleep?" She asked as everything began to feel heavy.

Lady Mylia
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:15:28 AM
Mylia nodded. "Sure can. Anything for you.Quay."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:33:53 AM
"Thanks..." she answered as she drifted off.

Quay'Na wasn't exactly sure how long she'd slept, but when she awoke...there in an armchair was Mylia, reading a datapad and a few texts were laying about.

"You're still here." She said softly with a smile.

Lady Mylia
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:36:06 PM
Mylia smiled and nodded. "Of course I am." She looked at ther chrono. "Looks like you've had a good several hour rest. Feeling any better?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 07:50:30 PM
Quay'Na nodded. "Yeah, I am." She tried to sit up for a second and then though better of it as her head swam.

"I hope this doesn't last much longer, it's really irratating." She sighed and looked over at her friend. "Whatcha studying?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:30:13 PM
"The History of the Old Republic. I have a oral discussion on it with Dasquian tomorrow. I need to brush up on details." She sat her datapad aside. "It's rather interesting, I think."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 15th, 2003, 08:48:47 PM
"Oh, yes. Master Ira had me read that a few years back and reread it again if I missed anything. I was only a young teenager then and didn't have much interest in it, but I'm glad she did that, or I wouldn't know what I know today."

Lady Mylia
Sep 16th, 2003, 01:11:45 PM
Mylia smiled. "When you are younger you have no appreication for the past, it's all the about and the future." She laughed, remembering those days.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 16th, 2003, 07:58:09 PM
"Isn't that the truth." She looked at her friend. "Tell me, Mylia what is one of your favorite memories with your family. We've never really have gotten the chance to really know things about our pasts. I would really like to hear, if you would share it with me."

Lady Mylia
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:24:54 PM
"I would love to share with you." A sad smiled crossed Mylia's face. She thought of the great times she shared with her mother and father when she was an only child--days at the park and shopping with her mother. "Well I remember on times when my father was home from his missions we would always go the park as a family. My mom and dad walking hand in hand as ran ahead and played. Man, weren't those the best times ever. Not a care in the world." She smiled thinking about it. "What about you and your childhood and your family? It's your turn now."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:50:51 PM
"Well, my Mom wasn't around a lot, she was always at the Academy. But, my dad...oh he was great he taught me how to fly when I was seven and then we would work together on ships in the shipyard at the Academy. He was the best." She smiled, "I remember those days like it was yesterday." She sighed, with a light smile.

Lady Mylia
Sep 16th, 2003, 09:00:15 PM
Mylia nodded. "Those are the best days. I always wished I could remain in those worry-free years."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 04:33:41 AM
"Yes, when you have not a care in the world, but unfortunately they don't last. What else can you tell me about yourself?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:30:39 PM
"Well, have I ever told you that my father died? He died with I was younger, he was a Jedi himself. So did my Uncle. They were on their way back from a mission and their ship exploded."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:51:00 PM
"That is absolutely horrible, Mylia. I'm so sorry to hear that. I can understand how that must've been for you. I've never lost anyone until Master Ira and then Vega...." She sighs slightly.

Lady Mylia
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:54:50 PM
Mylia smiled. "It's okay. I've passed the grieving stage, even though I miss them and I will always love them, I know it all happened for some reason. Maybe I can't see it know, but some day I will. Plus, I know they wouldn't want me to live a miserable life." She continued smiling to Quay. "You okay? I know it can be hard."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:46:47 PM
Tears form in Quay'Na's eyes as she wipes them away. "I will be...it'll just take some time."

Lady Mylia
Sep 18th, 2003, 05:51:01 PM
"I know it will. Just remember there are a lot of people who love you and are willing to help you through this."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 18th, 2003, 06:40:23 PM
Quay'Na nodded. "I know, and I am very grateful for that. I truly am."

Lady Mylia
Sep 18th, 2003, 07:48:38 PM
Mylia took up Quay's hand again and gave it a little squeeze. "We know you are." She smiled sinerely at her friend.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 20th, 2003, 08:10:08 AM
"I just want to get rid of this hollow feeling and get back to where I was before this mess ever happened. Is that too much to ask?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 20th, 2003, 08:27:52 AM
Mylia shook her head. "It's not to much to ask, but to ask for it now is. Time is the only healing you'll ever experience."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 20th, 2003, 05:54:19 PM
Quay'Na nodded as her heart ached, she couldn't even answer as she burst into tears. She had tried to control it, but the more she tried the harder she cried.

She covered her face with her hands as her body was racked with uncontrollable sobs. She felt ashamed, hollow, confused...all of it pouring out at once.

Lady Mylia
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:05:50 PM
Mylia moved from her current seat to right next Quay. She put her hand on her shoulder and have her a slight hug. She rubbed her fingers trough her hair, trying to calm her down. Soothingly she began to hum. Letting Quay have her cry. Sometimes that's all one needed, was just to let the emotion flow.

Remembering back to when her father and uncle passed on, just sitting with her mother crying. Her brother and sister were still very young and didn't understand. Long into the night Mylia and her mother would sit hugging each other and crying. That was the best therapy at times.

Mylia continued to hum an old folk lullaby her mother used to hum to her at night. It was very soft and calming. She hoped it would help Quay as it helped her in the past.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 09:32:04 AM
Quay'Na was glad she wasn't alone, Mylia was there and she took it all.

She didn't even know how long she cried, everything that she had kept bottled up inside had come flowing out, uncontrollably.

Mylia's calming presence, her humming seemed to make everything easier to let go of. All the hell that Vega had put her through the pain to her friends of almost committing suicide...everything she had done for the love of an evil man.

Once calmed again, Mylia let go as Quay'Na wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry, Mylia. I've been keeping that bottled away for so long, I couldn't anymore."

Lady Mylia
Sep 21st, 2003, 02:25:00 PM
Mylia gave Quay a sincere look. "Don't apoligize. It's not needed. I understand, I understand." Mylia really did understand. She was happy she could be there to help someone.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:41:43 PM
Quay'Na leaned her head back onto her pillow, she was now emotionally drained. She sighed and looked at her friend. "Let's talk about something happy, can we?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 21st, 2003, 08:30:07 PM
Mylia smiled and nodded. "What would you wish to discuss? Anything you want."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 21st, 2003, 08:33:02 PM
"Have you been watching over the animals in the gardens? How are they?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:04:27 AM
Mylia smiled. "They are doing very well. The tooke family had another litter. The monkeys are the same as they always are, and I'm working with those, I can communicate with them now."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:21:37 AM
"That's great to hear, I knew you could do it." Quay'Na smiled gently. "Those Tooke's and their litters, whew."

Lady Mylia
Sep 22nd, 2003, 01:04:38 PM
Mylia laughed slightly. "They are very reproductive, aren't they?" She shook her head with a smile. "It took me several days to be able to communicate with the monkey, but finally I did it."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:45:15 AM
Quay'Na smiled gently. "That is awesome. You're getting stronger and that is very good."

"We'll need to keep an eye on those Tooke's to make sure that they don't overpopulate."

Lady Mylia
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:18:50 AM
Mylia laughed. "I think we might have too." She smiled thinking about their time spent in the garden. "Maybe soon you and I can go check on them."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:48:31 AM
Quay'Na nodded. "Yes, perhaps soon."

Lady Mylia
Sep 23rd, 2003, 06:57:16 PM
Mylia smiled. "Good." She looked around the room and then back to Quay. "So..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:26:59 PM
"You don't have to stay any longer, I'm sure I've taken up plenty of your time already." Quay'Na said as she sat up a little.

"Really, I'll be fine. I think, I'm just going to sleep some more."

Lady Mylia
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:27:48 PM
Mylia shrugged. "I really don't mind staying, I can stay if you'd like. It's not a problem."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:49:01 PM
Quay'Na looked at her tiredly. "You are such a good friend, Mylia. I couldn't have asked for a better friend. I dont' know why I get so tired now. All I do is sleep."

Lady Mylia
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:57:12 AM
Mylia blushed. "It's nothing." She smiled. "I understand, you need your rest. Go on back to sleep."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:40:18 PM
The young Padawan lay back onto her pillow. "Thanks..." She drifted off momentarily.

But, it didn't last. An hour or so later, she began to sweat and twist and turn as if in the beginning of a nightmare.

She groaned a couple of times and nearly fell off the couch.

Lady Mylia
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:03:25 PM
Mylia sat with her books open and datepad resting in her lap, it was getting late in the afternoon and she began to drift off as Quay slept, but she heard Quay moan and almost fall and she woke with a start. "Are you okay?" She asked looking around, still half asleep and wondering what was going on.

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:57:09 PM
Quay'Na awoke with a start. She looked at Mylia and exhaled a breath she hadn't known that she was holding. Wiping the sweat from her forehead, she nodded. "It was just a dream. I'm okay." SHe settled bacj down.

Lady Mylia
Sep 25th, 2003, 04:24:43 AM
Mylia blinked a couple times, trying to get a sense of everything. "Okay, I thought you were hurt or something."

Quay'Na Rakai
Sep 29th, 2003, 04:13:47 AM
"No, I'm okay." She shook her head and blinked a few times. Another dream of Vega... It was time to get up and walk around a bit, sh ehoped her stomach could handle the move as she pulled off the blanket and stood up slowly.

The IV was still attached to her arm and she simply took it with her over to the window. It was dark out by now. ""I'm sorry, I took up all your time today." She said briefly with a sigh.

Lady Mylia
Sep 29th, 2003, 04:35:50 AM
Mylia shook her head as she joined Quay at the window. "No, Quay. I'm glad to do it for you, you know that. Anything for you. Don't even feel like that, I had a good day."