PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast with Belargic

Brielle Acaana
Sep 6th, 2003, 12:55:43 AM
Brielle

It came soft on the night.

Here I am.

Stirring in her sleep, she rolled onto her side, trying to ignore something that was nagging her subconcious.

You know you want me.

From beneath the protection of an arm that was flung halfway across her face, she blinked her eyes open.

Let me out of this cabinet and I'll cure all your problems.

With a strangled curse, she yanked the pillow from under her head and slapped it over her face, trying to drown out the siren's song.

Drown, yes. Let me help you drown your broken heart.

Squeezing her lids shut, she began a silent chant.

I will not listen, I will not listen, I will not listen, I wil -

Brielle!!

Jerking up in bed, she flung the pillow at her open bedroom door, her screams of frustration bouncing off the walls.

"shut -up. Shut-up! SHUTUP!!"

She couldnt take anymore and lept from the bed. Tearing open her closet door, she pulled on some clothes and grabbed her bag.

Charging through the living room, she glared at the liquor cabinet and its contents as she stuffed her feet in a pair of shoes by the front door. She knew what would happen if she stayed. One drink would call for another and then a third and so forth. Not tonight. Im going to win this battle!

Exiting her suites, Brielle keys the security on then hurries to her private rooftop garage before her determination waned. Once behind the controls of her custom made 'coupe', it was only a short time before she drew to a stop in the parking area of Yog's Bar and Grill.

Locking her speeder, Acaana marched inside and tossed her Watch issue weapon to the NR officer on duty. Snatching her chit card from her pouch, Brielle slid it across the bartop to the 'tender before taking up residence in what she now thought of as 'her' booth.

"Coffee. Black, hot and keep it coming."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 6th, 2003, 02:04:00 AM
“No, no… I’m starving Aaron… look please just look after her for the morning?”

“Why am I always the one who ends up doing this stuff?”

“You can’t even look after you own niece for two minutes… honestly, Aaron…”

Dasquian shook his head and looked sternly at his twin brothers, as the two stood just within the doorway of the Bar and Grill.

“Fine fine. You have forty minutes then I’m going out to train with Kelt.”

Dasquian brightened up, “Excellent. Thanks again, brother.”

He turned as he twin left and made to head for the bar when he saw a familiar figure sitting in one of the booths. He strode towards her, his smile growing.

“Bri-… Officer Acaana.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 6th, 2003, 10:11:40 AM
Her head lifted and tired eyes brightened at seeing the Knight. Brielle waved to the opposite seat.

"Please, wont you join me? Ive been staring in this caffe mug for a while now and I dont think its going to reveal any secrets. Hey, let me buy you breakfast. I think I still owe you a little from a couple of weeks ago."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 04:39:37 AM
“We’ll split the tab and call it even.”

Gladly sliding down into the seat, Dasquian nodded lightly.

“How has life been treating you since we spoke, Brielle? I haven’t seen you here again since we last spoke…”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:18:02 AM
"Life has been in a bad mood lately and wants me to join it - the whole misery loves company thing. But Im here and sober. That has to count for something."

Bri watched as Dasquian adjusted his robes.

"And the life of a Jedi...hows that for you lately?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:22:40 AM
“Not too bad,” Dasquian smiled.

“My apprentices are coming along well, and I’m getting to spend quite a bit of time with my daughter.”

He chuckled slightly, “I just passed her on to my brother for the morning. She can be such a handful.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:35:22 AM
Brielle's eyes widened in surprise.

"I didnt know you had a child. Dasquian, thats wonderful! I'll bet youre a great father..how old is she?"

A waitress stopped by to pour Acaana another cup - she had said to keep it coming - and Bri held her up.

"I think we'd like to order breakfast..if youre ready Dasquian?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:41:13 AM
“Oh yes, I’ll just have my usual please,”

Dasquian gave a grateful smile and let Brielle order before answering her question.

“Valanya is almost a year old now, although she looks much much older. Her mother’s species have very quick age acceleration throughout childhood, up until their teen years I believe. It's amazing, although saddening that she will be all grown up in no time...”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:52:39 AM
The thought of growing up quickly appealed to the Watch officer. It would shorten the time until one could get out on their own and really live.

"I'll have what hes having, thanks."

The three exchanged smiles as the waitress went to turn in the order. She switched her attention back to her company.

"Does your daughter look like you?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:55:07 AM
“Sort of.”

Dasquian spread his hands.

“Long fair hair, pointed ears. But then, she also looks like her mother… she has her fangs, her eyes… she is a beautiful child.”

The Knight smiled- pride evident in his expression.

“I have a feeling she won’t grow up to be like me though. She seems to have a lot of fight in her, like Xazor.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:03:32 AM
She coughed then, sputtering her caffe as she took a sip and sprinling little droplets on the table. Had he said fangs? What had he been married to, a serpent?

Running fingers over her dripping chin, Brielle smiled apologetically at Dasquian as she reached for the supply of napkins. Wiping up the liquid from the table, she dabbed at her chin again.

"A little attitude is a good thing."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:06:28 AM
“If she’s anything like Xazor, it will be more than just a little.”

Dasquian realized how awful he must have sounded and quickly apologized. The Knight smiled glumly.

“Sorry… we just broke up recently. She left the Order to be with her father.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:20:28 AM
"You have no need to apologize, Dasquian. Despite what we're raised to believe, love can hurt. A little bitterness and anger is to be expected."

He had used the term 'broken up'...did this mean he hadnt been married? She was curious.

"Tell me if its none of my business, please but I assumed you had been married to her?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:27:37 AM
Dasquian shook his head,

“No. I imagine she was probably waiting for me to propose. Looking back now, it’s a good job I didn’t… it would have made having to say goodbye much harder.”

He gave a little sigh.

“I think I am happier now though, as odd as it would seem. I don’t have as much drama in my life, and no reason to be upset or depressed.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:38:13 AM
Nodding, Bri took another sip from her mug. It made perfect sense.

"Thats understandable. I dont think I would want to be in a relationship where my emotions were on a perpetual rollercoaster. For a Jedi,. that must've been rough."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:40:55 AM
“Mmm..”

Dasquian nodded and glanced down into his hands.

“But, I’m still here. What doesn’t kill you… only emotionally scars you for life?”

He laughed a genuine laugh of amusement and shook his head.

“I’ll be fine. I have my family and fellow Jedi… that’s all I need.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:47:17 AM
His last statement gave her pause and her expression grew serious.

"I used to think that, until very recently. Now, I dont know."

Brielle ran her finger around the rim of her cup.

"I think Im at the place where I want to share some - maybe all - of my life with someone. It gets terribly lonely at night when youre by yourself."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:00:59 AM
Dasquian watched Brielle in silence for a few moments, and then sighed.

“I suppose it does sometimes. You just… have to turn to your friends then.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:09:44 AM
A rueful smile.

"I dont have many. Actually, I dont have any. I used to...lots of them but that was before I entered the academy. Now, they all have their own lives and dont seem too interested in picking up where we left off. They thought I was a bit of an odd bird when I went into law enforcement, considering my upbringing."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:13:08 AM
If Brielle didn’t see this one coming, Dasquian would have been surprised.

“Your upbringing?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:19:03 AM
"My father was Senator Acaana. I come from a long line of money where all the sons are raised to become doctors or corporate laywers and so on. Daughters are taught and groomed to be the exemplary wives and mothers."

Bri shook her head.

"It was a load of poodoo. My parents were different though. They didnt follow the norm and let me chose what I wanted to do. Still, my friends expected something different of me."

Acaana shrugged.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:24:57 AM
“Ah, I see. Well if that is the case, then it is likely they weren’t worth being friends with anyway. True friends stand by you whatever choices you make.”

Dasquian wasn’t showing any particular emotion, but was trying at least with his words to console.

“… If you ever need a friend to talk to, you can always call me or drop by the Living Quarters here.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:35:28 AM
"I appreciate your offer, thanks."

Their breakfast arrived and they waited while the waitress sat the large platters of food before them.

"I dont mean to sound all 'woe is me'. Some of it is my fault as well. Being on call 24/7 isnt always conducive to a social life but I havent made a true effort to go out and meet people, either."

Bending over her food, she inhaled deeply.

"Mmm, this smells soo good!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:39:18 AM
Dasquian smiled, pleased that Brielle liked the look of the chefs offering. They really did do a marvelous job here, considering how much was expected of them. He picked up his knife and fork and began to cut into one of the sausages. They were always piping hot, but he always ate them first. It gave him a sense of routine.

“This is a good place… lots of people from many walks of life stop in here, and they aren’t always Jedi. Not that there’s anything wrong with Jedi of course,” he added, as he forked morsel into his mouth.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:47:45 AM
Following his lead, Brielle speared a link and cut into it, lifting it to her mouth. To her pleasure, it was even better than it smelled and she tucked into the food with a relish she hadnt shown for a while.

"Im really surprised! The quality of food here is exceptional, along with the taste. I may have to start eating here more often. "

Nodding with the next few bites, she added.

"Those Jedi...such a tricky lot, I hear."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:52:00 AM
“Oh yes,” Dasquian smiled as he swallowed another bite.

“I wouldn’t trust them. That welcoming warm act doesn’t fool me at all.”

He poked his fork out at Brielle accusingly and narrowed his eyes in mock suspicion.

“I’m onto them.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 09:57:59 AM
"Mmph."

She agreed through a mouthful of food, then finished chewing.

"We have wanted posters plastered everywhere on the whole Order and fingerprints to boot. Hard to capture though since that mind trick of theirs works on most of the Watch. Glad Im not susceptible to that!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:02:31 AM
“Oh really,” Dasquian smiled a conspirators smile.

He set his fork down and lifted his hand into the air, giving a small wave in Brielle’s direction.

“You like the Jedi Knight you have befriended and you think you should have breakfast here with him more often.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:08:38 AM
Appropriately, Brielle let her face go blank of all expression.

"I like the Jedi Knight and should have breakfast with him more often."

After a few seconds, her face brightened and she smiled across at him.

"I had a great idea! Why dont we meet here for breakfast again!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:13:09 AM
“That’s the best idea I’ve heard all morning,” Dasquian beamed.

He continued, with an impish smile.

“But anyway, it’s a good job you’re strong minded. Someone could take advantage of you with those mind tricks.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:18:53 AM
Matching his grin, Brielle agreed.

"From what Ive heard, its happened to a couple of other officers."

With her fork poised to strike, she paused as she looked at her plate then back up to him suspiciously.

"Did you take one of my sausages?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:21:20 AM
“No,”

With an expression of total innocence, Dasquian shook his head.

“But I did borrow a little bit of bread,”

He added, brandishing a bun that had just been pilfered from the side of Brielle’s plate with a little exercsion of the Force. He grinned.

“I hope you don’t mind.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:26:39 AM
"So much for being strong-minded."

It was her turn to brandish the fork at him.

"I can see that Im going to have to stay sharp and keep on my toes with you around, Master Jedi."

A grin tagged behind her words.

I dont mind at all and youre welcome to it. But please keep it - I wont be wanting it back."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:47:36 AM
Dasquian spread a plentiful heap of butter on the bun and took a bite.

“Equally I think I shall have to watch what I do and say around you, Officer Acaana. I have heard many things about the Watch and their methods. Particularly in interrogation.”

He eyed Brielle, “You don’t carry stuncuffs do you?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:55:36 AM
The forensics officer smiled mysteriously.

"I cant tell you all my secrets, Dasquian. You'll just have to take your chances like everybody else."

Brielle took a sip of her coffee to wash down what she had eaten then pushed her platter to the side, signaling she was done.

"The more I think about it..Im sure that youre on our top 10 wanted list."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 11:04:30 AM
“Oh, then I suppose I shall have to come down to the station with you?”

He asked as he wiped off his hands with a serviette. Dasquian tried not to grin.

“And be frisked?”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 12:21:10 PM
A quick, surprised grin flashed across her face.

"Oh, of course! Twice in fact. I have to be sure. Those robes would have to come off...much too easy to conceal something dangerous inside of them."

A touch of color suffused her cheeks at the turn their conversation had taken but the grin hadnt faded from her lips. Brielle was enjoying the teasing banter.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 12:28:14 PM
“If you insist, Officer,”

Dasquian replied over the rim of his glass as he took a sip to hide his cheeky grin.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 12:32:54 PM
"I would have to insist. Its standard procedure. A third frisking would be...just fun."

It was her turn to hide behind a drink and she cupped both hands around the mug, her shoulders shaking lightly from hidden laughter.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 12:38:27 PM
There hushed giggles were attracting a bit of attention in the mostly quiet bar, and this only made Dasquian chuckle more.

“For all I know, ten friskings and a full body strip-search could be procedure.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 12:44:19 PM
"How odd that you should mention that. We're taking a vote on it next week during roll call. Once I let it be known that we have the Jedis support, there wont be any trouble in passing it."

Brielle canted her head thoughtfully.

"We usually give a demonstration of new procedures...care to volunteer? I promise I'l be gentle."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 12:45:53 PM
“Certainly,” Dasquian chimed cheerily.

“Anything for the greater good of upholding the law.”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 12:57:34 PM
"My commander will be pleased to hear how willing you are to help out the Watch. Its always possible that he might perform the frisk'n'strip but thats a chance youre willing take. Im impressed."

She wasnt just saying that, either. Dasquian was surprisng her left and right. Bri had always known the Jedi were helpful and polite, as were the three she had met previously but none of those had exhibited the sense of humor that he was freely showing. It was great.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 12:59:15 PM
“Commander? You mean this won’t be a private frisking?”

Dasquian went a little red in the cheeks.

“I wasn’t aware I was going to have people watching!”

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 01:06:19 PM
Brielle paused as she took a breath. His words left her uncertain. Dasquian hadnt been serious, had he? Not that she would have minded one little bit to frisk him. Her green/blue eyes studied his of violet. Maybe she could word something just right to find out what he had been thinking..

"If youre worried about it, you and I could always go over it first...in private."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 01:09:51 PM
“Well I’d feel much more comfortable with one person instead of the whole Watch house jeering at me.”

Another sip of his drink and Dasquian smiled. He was always quite difficult to read, and this was proving to be one of those times when he was exceptionally difficult to read.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 01:18:31 PM
"Really? Yes, well....."

Brielle waved off the waitress who had returned to refill her mug.

"Id love something cool to drink, please. Im caffed out. A glass of ice water would be good."

Taking Brielle's platter, she glanced questioningly at the Jedi. With his nod of consent, she swept off with his platter and a promise to return quickly. The diner was filling up as the morning progressed and now most of the tables and booths were taken.

Deciding to match his evasivness, Bri tossed out the invite, leaving it to him to call her bluff.

"I do have the day off if youd like to...practice.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 01:26:08 PM
Dasquian paused a moment and realized he was about to bring an abrupt end to the verbal foreplay.

“I’m afraid I have training sessions planned for today.”

He gave a little shrug and an awkward smile, to replace the giddy one from moments ago.

“Maybe I could come by the yard later on tonight… we can trade stories about our good deeds for the day.”

Or something, he thought to himself.

Brielle Acaana
Sep 7th, 2003, 01:40:11 PM
The smile still hadnt left her face. This morning, spending time just talking had been wonderful.

"Id love for you to stop by the stationhouse...on a day Im there."

Her smile grew wider.

"I believe you know my address and have my number if you want to talk or get together. I have a terrible sweet tooth and dessert is always high on my list."

Brielle laid out 50 credits, which covered both of their breakfasts and a large tip for the waitress as well.

"Its on me today, Dasquian. Argue and I will slap the cuffs on."

Her wink softened the words as she stood up. Tugging lightly at a lock of hair that hung down his back, she slung her pouch over one shoulder.

"Breakfast tomorrow and youre buying, right?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2003, 01:44:44 PM
“It’s a deal.”

The Jedi Knight rose up to his feet and bowed his head to Brielle.

“Have a good day. Might see you soon,” he smiled.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, duty calls.”

With one last broad smile and a little wave he turned and headed out to leave.