PDA

View Full Version : A return to old haunts (open to all)

Kack Mebuff
Sep 5th, 2003, 07:58:40 PM
The worn looking Jedi stepped into the B&G. It had been a long time since he anyone had seen his face. His beard and hair had grown longer, his face more weathered.

He no longer donned the traditional Jedi robes, rather he wore a long dark coat. At his hip he wore his lightsaber, and on the other side a scabbard. It usually held a blade that had been forged by his great ancestors, long before the time of even the great Rebellion and had been passed down as a mark of his bloodline. But being the place that it was the Jedi left his weapon at the door.

He quickly walked to darkened corner and sat and waited. Long had it been since he had visited this place. He recognized few of the faces now. It had been far too long.

The servodroid rolled up and the Jedi ordered a black tooth grin and sent the droid away. He looked down and removed a long stemmed pipe from his bag and placed the stem in his mouth. Plumes of smoke billowed from the bowl. He waited patiently, relaxing, hoping somebody might recognize his face.

Lady Mylia
Sep 7th, 2003, 02:17:09 PM
Mylia was having a nice lunch by herself in between training sessions. She has hot, hungry, tired, and not in the mood for any disturbances. She began eating when smoke began to fill the area of the B&G she was sitting in, she turned around to see if she could find where it was coming from. She found the cause of the smoke sitting several tables behind her. She got up quickly and made her way over to the man. Her hair was a mess, it was pulled up but many strands hung loose and stuck to her face. She wasn't in her tunic, but in something a little more comfortable for her workout: black pants and a loosely hanging white shirt. She walked over to the man, not wasting any time. "Look, I don't know who you are, but this section of the bar is no smoking." She pointed to the sign. "Now, over there..." she pointed to another area. "...you can smoke, but some people don't feel like having a side of smoke with their dinner."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 8th, 2003, 01:15:39 PM
The Jedi removed the pipe from his mouth and covered the bowl with his hand. He seemed to stare at the young woman for a moment then finally spoke, "You have my deepest apologies. You see, I was unaware of the sign since I am blind. It makes it rather difficult to read." He couldn't help but chuckle.
"I am Kack Mebuff, Jedi Padawan to Dasquian Belargic. And you are?" he asked extinguishing his pipe.

Lady Mylia
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:44:00 PM
Mylia's face feel. She suddenly regretted her outburst. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't realize...." She really did feel bad. If only she didn't open her big mouth. "I'm Mylia Basque, also a padawan to Master Belargic."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 8th, 2003, 06:48:38 PM
"No apologies needed, Mylia," Kack laughed, "please sit down, join me."

He motioned to one of the chairs at the table as the servodroid returned with his drink.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" the Jedi offered.

Lady Mylia
Sep 8th, 2003, 07:44:01 PM
"No thank you, I have my own. Hold on a minute and I'll get it." Mylia quickly went over to her other table and grabbed her plate and drink. She was very surprised and happy that Kack was taking this so well. She returned and slide in the seat. "I'm back..."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 8th, 2003, 09:29:01 PM
"Welcome back," the Jedi smiled. "So, tell me about yourself? Where you from? Why'd you join the order? How do you like it?"

Kack took a sip of his Black Tooth Grin and just waited.

Lady Mylia
Sep 9th, 2003, 04:35:36 AM
"Well, I'm from Corusant. I joined to Order because I admired my father and Uncle and wished to follow in their footsteps, finishing the work they were forced to leave behind. I like it very much." She smiled, still surprised how well he was taking her rudeness. "What about you? How long have you been here?"

Kack Mebuff
Sep 9th, 2003, 12:34:30 PM
"Me? Well, I've been here for well over a year now. I, ah, came here after my brother's death on Umgul. He got into a bar fight with a swoop racer. The creep pulled a thermal detonator and blew the place to smithereens. The blast only blinded me, but it killed all the rest. That's how I lost my vision."

"So I've been here for quite some time now, but I have been known to disappear for extended periods of time. These random absenses, have, however, prevented me from achieving Jedi Knight status. The advtange is, now, I'm one of the most powerful padawans out there."

Kack couldn't help laugh, as he was only half joking.

"My latest disappearance was pretty well founded I think, though. I kept recieving dreams of a great warrior fighting on Naboo, my home planet. So I traversed there and began searching. After three and a half months I found a hidden temple where I found a book of lineage. It turns out that my family on my mother's side was full of great warriors. And as a mark of my bloodline they handed down a great weapon, the blade known as Ruunya, it means 'Red Flame' in the tongues of Elves. The weapon should have passed to my grandfather but his father saw him of ill character and hid Ruunya from him and my mother had no brothers. So it lay hidden for all those years until only two weeks ago when I uncovered Ruunya."

Kack paused to wait for Mylia's reply.

Lady Mylia
Sep 9th, 2003, 12:48:37 PM
Mylia's eyes widened. "Wow, that's quite a story." She laughed slightly. "You've been very busy. I can't believe that... wow..." Mylia was still in awe. She didn't even have a story close to that.

Kack Mebuff
Sep 9th, 2003, 01:56:07 PM
Kack laughed. "I wish my escapades around here were as exciting. But, a Jedi does not crave adventure. Right?" he said chuckling.

"Master Dasquian is a fantastic mentor is he not? I've actually been meaning to meet with him since my return."

Lady Mylia
Sep 9th, 2003, 02:32:06 PM
"He's very execellent. I've learned so much from him in my time here."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 9th, 2003, 04:02:51 PM
"Yes, he is great to work with. And he has genuine concern for his pupils. I have learned so much from him. He trains some of the best Jedi. And his Master was excellent as well, Xazor Dawnstrider err ... Elessar."

Lady Mylia
Sep 9th, 2003, 06:28:49 PM
Mylia noded. "He does. Very very awesome..." She took a small drink of her drink. "I'm very sorry about earlier..."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 10th, 2003, 10:39:15 AM
Kack laughed.

"Still worried about that? Don't bother. It's fine. There's no way you could have known that I was blind. It's hidden behind my sunglasses, and I get around pretty well for a blind guy anyway. So don't worry about it."

Lady Mylia
Sep 10th, 2003, 03:00:15 PM
Mylia smiled. "That's good. I won't anymore." She was very surprised that he was taking this all do well.

Kack Mebuff
Sep 10th, 2003, 03:12:45 PM
"So how is your training come along? I hope things are moving well for you."

Lady Mylia
Sep 11th, 2003, 01:01:20 PM
"They are coming along very well, actually. I'm progressing very rapidly. What about you? I mean before you trip?"

Kack Mebuff
Sep 11th, 2003, 04:01:40 PM
"Things are going great, actually. I'm probably one of the most powerful padawans around here. I've learned so much in my time here. It's quite amazing. I can't wait to start up again with Master Dasquian."

OOC: I'm working with Das, either today or tomorrow.

Lady Mylia
Sep 11th, 2003, 06:24:02 PM
Mylia nodded. She was impressed. "That's great."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 12th, 2003, 10:10:55 AM
Kack smiled, "Perhaps sometime we could spar, it would be most interesting."

Lady Mylia
Sep 12th, 2003, 10:16:41 PM
Mylia smiled and laughed. "Give me a change to finish my combat training. I've only just started." She chuckled to herself. "I'm sure you'd beat me, hands down."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:12:33 AM
Kack laughed, "Fair enough."

He went to take a sip of his drink, but came to the realization that the glass was empty.

"Hmmmm, empty. Have to get another," he mused.

Kack called over the servodroid and ordered another Black Tooth Grin.

"Anything for you, Mylia?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:44:52 PM
Mylia shook her head. "No thanks, I'm good for now. Maybe later." She looked to Kack. He was very nice and took his condition very well. It made Mylia start to think about her own life. How would she act in that situation? Would she be able to handle it as well as he? These questions filled Mylia's mind as she began to daze.

Kack Mebuff
Sep 16th, 2003, 11:14:59 AM
Kack watched as Mylia seemed to slip into a day dream. Wondering what she was thinking about he quickly tapped into her mind using the Force, a technique he had quickly learned to use.

"If you're wondering about my blindness. The Force gives me all the vision I need," he smiled.

"I am aware of everything around me. Very little takes me by surprise. I am probably more aware of my surroundings than you are. All of my senses are heightened, and the Force increases my sensitivity even further."

Lady Mylia
Sep 16th, 2003, 12:45:15 PM
Mylia nodded. She replied, "That's very true. I had never thought about that. You take it very well though."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 16th, 2003, 04:11:46 PM
Kack smirked, "Thank you."

The servo droid returned with his drink, for which Kack paid it.

He took a sip and let the liquid slide down his throat.

"So, what are you training for? I mean what position? Warrior? Healer? Seer?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:12:26 PM
"Actually, none of those... I'm a symbiont with nature. So besides the basics, I'm training with Quay'Na Rakai, she's helping me very much."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:35:29 AM
"Most impressive," Kack mused, "do you possess any other abilities?"

Lady Mylia
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:24:43 PM
"Just the basics right now. Besides that, but I hope to be able to hold great powers in a lot of things. I can mentally communicate, use telekenesis and all that good jazz."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 18th, 2003, 09:30:31 AM
Kack grinned.

"That's great. Yeah, my abilities are pretty spread out. I can see the future, I have healing abilities, I have the ability to move things, people with the Force, I can block attacks with the Force, and I'm a pretty good warrior."

Lady Mylia
Sep 19th, 2003, 04:13:22 AM
Mylia's eyes widened. "Wow, that's great. Maybe sometime you could help me with some stuff?"

Kack Mebuff
Sep 19th, 2003, 10:20:07 AM
Kack smiled widely.

"It would be my pleasure. Just let me know whenever is convenient for you."

Lady Mylia
Sep 19th, 2003, 06:54:11 PM
"I'm free a lot. I'd just have to find out from Dasquian my training schedule."

Kack Mebuff
Sep 21st, 2003, 06:15:32 PM
"Sounds like a plan to me."

Kack paused, finished his drink, and looked up at Mylia.

"Well, now I must depart. Farewell, my new found friend. We shall meet again."

Lady Mylia
Sep 21st, 2003, 08:24:11 PM
Mylia nodded. "Farewell. Til later." She finished her drink.