PDA

View Full Version : Possible new forum (discussion)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:08:46 PM
I have already spoken with a few of the RP Group Moderators regarding the possibility of a new forum and now I would like to take the opportunity to bring up the subject here in public for open discussion.

We are considering the addition of another forum here in the RP section at SWFans. This addition would be a subforum of this the OOC forum.

As most of us may know the OOC forum, even with the advent of topic tags, can be a very tough spot to find or even get answers to questions one might have about a group or the current happenings in a group.

So my proposal is this:

Lets create a subforum to the OOC forum, for RP Group Announcements, information, FAQs, and questions directed at said groups. Such a forum would need to be free of thread hijacks and hijinks so as to keep it informative, concise and helpful to any who may like to use it.

It has also been suggested to go ahead and implement a topic tag system in this new forum if it is done so as to make it easier for group mods to find topics that may apply to their particular group. I feel that such a tag system would be helpful but only optional and not necessarily required for all topics like they are here in the OOC forum.

The optional tag list would be something along these lines:

[GJO] – The Greater Jedi Order
[TSO] – The Sith Order
[NR] – New Republic – Home One
[IMP] – May need to split into the Imperial factions if the groups so choose.
[CIZ] – The Cizerack Pride
[SFF] – ShadowFaene Fortress
[TBH] – or whatever tags are resultant from the TBH split into new groups.
[SHR] – The Shrine
[CAB] – The Cabal (a group based at Meras)
[TLJ] – The Lost Jedi (a group based at Meras)
[KRA] – The Krath (a group based at Meras)

It could be a great place for new members to go and find general information about the varying groups we have available in our universe and also serve as a place for recruitment drives and information requests.

Let me know what you think and feel free to offer up any ideas to help refine or even change what I am proposing. If you don’t like the idea of a new subforum here in the OOC don’t hesitate to say so.

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:11:19 PM
I think its a darn good idea strait off Green. Would it act in the same way as the Oratory Chamber in the Temple and Ship subforume would in Storytelling?

TheHolo.Net
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:12:11 PM
Righto

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:13:53 PM
Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
I think its a darn good idea strait off Green. Would it act in the same way as the Oratory Chamber in the Temple and Ship subforume would in Storytelling?

From what I gather, no :)

It's orientated at being just a forum for news and info on the various roleplaying groups, as well as a more serious RP-focused OOC area (as opposed to the current one where it can be sometimes hard to get RP stuff sorted amongst the general chat :))

Kelt Simoson
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:14:43 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
From what I gather, no :)

It's orientated at being just a forum for news and info on the various roleplaying groups, as well as a more serious RP-focused OOC area (as opposed to the current one where it can be sometimes hard to get RP stuff sorted amongst the general chat :))

I meant the general layout...

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:15:25 PM
Oh. Well then the answer is yes then, I guess :lol

TheHolo.Net
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:15:51 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Righto What I mean is it would look the same in this forum as it does in those he mentioned.

The subforum name and description would appear above the thread list in this forum, like the Oratory Chamber is in Avalon, and the Conglomerate is in ST.

Diego Van Derveld
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:48:00 PM
:thumbup

Master Yoghurt
Sep 5th, 2003, 04:10:14 PM
Sounds all good to me :thumbup

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 5th, 2003, 05:44:25 PM
Searching forums using the search options works for me, but go for it. Tis a good idea, in my mind, and will help others, especially newer members in finding out info quicker and easier.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2003, 06:00:41 PM
Sounds excellent to me. :)

DarthHERA
Sep 5th, 2003, 06:28:47 PM
great idea.

Alpha
Sep 5th, 2003, 07:44:35 PM
Sounds like an awsome idea. :)

imported_Kanji
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:49:01 PM
:thumbup

imported_Blade Ice
Sep 5th, 2003, 11:15:26 PM
Yes I'm in agree. I like this idea allot.

Ardath Bey
Sep 6th, 2003, 01:31:27 AM
Very organized. The OOC can become confusing and this is a great remedy.

:)

Silus Xilarian
Sep 6th, 2003, 03:44:51 AM
Is it possible to sort Threads by topic tags? If so, I think it would be helpful later on, for people looking for specific topics concerning an individual group. Not something thats absolutely needed, just another bell/whistle type thing.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 6th, 2003, 08:48:49 AM
I like this idea. A lot. It would be very helpful.

Zasz Grimm
Sep 6th, 2003, 11:49:01 AM
[Mr. Burns] Excellent [/Mr. Burns]

Azhure Darkstone
Sep 7th, 2003, 04:40:14 AM
intelligent idea good man.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:27:03 AM
I have started the forum and will make an official announcement regarding its usage, within it, some time soon (after my headache dies).

Also: Sorting by topic tag is something I will look into, but the only problem I see with it for now is the fact that out of all the forums at SWFans only 2 use topic tags so implementing it only in those two forums will not be simple.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 7th, 2003, 06:04:35 PM
The tags and their meanings are now present in the Topic Tag Definitions pop up window, and my headache is gone, but I'm not quite in the mood to write up the official opening/introductory/rule post for the forum yet, but it will happen in the next 24 hours or so.

Be ready, be prepared, and <u>be afraid</u>.

(kidding on that last bit) :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 7th, 2003, 11:38:35 PM
*is afraid anyway, just on general princibles* :uhoh

Azhure Darkstone
Sep 8th, 2003, 01:16:22 AM
these are dangerous times...

Silus Xilarian
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:22:28 AM
Nah....hes just a big softy....just watch!

*steals Ogre's Axe*

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 8th, 2003, 12:45:44 PM
ENCHANTED axe! It's gonna turn on ye and KEEL YE

Silus Xilarian
Sep 8th, 2003, 09:07:41 PM
no no!! see, Im dragging it by the very end of the handle, kinda like ppl do when they try to catch snakes!

Its all scientific, ive done my research ;)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 10th, 2003, 01:58:51 PM
And now, back on topic in my [NSP] thread:

The Guidelines/Rules/Information post is now present in the General Announcements/Information forum.

It can be found <a href=showthread.php?s=&threadid=31870>here</a>.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 10th, 2003, 02:33:32 PM
Amo :D