PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing an idea off the group mods

TheHolo.Net
Sep 5th, 2003, 01:35:34 PM
Would it be a good idea to have a group announcement type forum as a subforum of OOC? It might help organize some thing and make it easier for new people to find what they are looking for and/or ask questions.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:04:39 PM
Hmm, you mean when a group is recruiting or when they are not? Or do you mean some major events that a new person can get involved with? Both?

TheHolo.Net
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:05:50 PM
I mean a forum for recruitment, general group announcements, FAQs, and information etc.

Such a forum would also need to be a thread hijack free zone, meaning no thread hijacks allowed.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:19:44 PM
I like this idea. Most of the OOC forum is spam.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:22:35 PM
Like a forum that has quick info on all of the active groups, so people can just flick through quickly and get a general idea. Sounds good :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:29:27 PM
Yeah, something like this maybe for a forum name and description:

<largefont><u>Group Announcements and Information</u></largefont>
Use this forum to look for current events with your favorite group, or to ask questions regarding a group you may have interest in joining. For serious topics only. Keep all threads on topic.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:41:16 PM
Good idea :thumbup

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:48:01 PM
Yes, I like this. Would things also have the same tag system associated with them except each group would have their own tag? That way, we can sort through things and just look at what is aimed at/coming from the GJO, for example?

Just a thought. :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:51:02 PM
That isn't a bad idea. I could make tags in the forum optional and set them up for each group.

[GJO]
[TSO]
[CIZ]
[NR]
[SFF]
[TF]
[SHR]

and whatever becomes of TBH

Morgan Evanar
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:57:36 PM
That sounds like a plan. You might want to wait until the west-coasters get home from work before actually working on anything. :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:02:18 PM
I'm thinking of starting a topic in OOC to get more feedback and ideas from the entire community.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2003, 06:05:11 PM
[KA] would make a nice topic tag. :)

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 5th, 2003, 06:29:23 PM
Yes, and open the forum with an explanatory thread, detailing out which ones go to which groups and a bit of a descriptor on their function. For example:

[GJO] - Greater Jedi Order - Main Jedi organization

Since this is for helping the new folks out, it doesn't hurt to be redundant. ;)

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:28:16 PM
wow .. this is a great idea!

And what Ryla said too... the FAQ goes over general group stuff.. nothing specific

DarthHERA
Sep 5th, 2003, 10:45:19 PM
to repeat my comment in the OOC forum - this is a great idea.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 7th, 2003, 06:28:05 PM
I noticed that the Quick Edit wipes the message clean of any tags. Not complaining, but just an FYI. :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 7th, 2003, 06:30:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

I already tried adding topic tags to the quick edit and it didn't work. The hacks aren't compatible since they are in two different php source files.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 7th, 2003, 07:10:15 PM
That's ok. :) Just so everyone knows and doesn't wonder why their tags vanish after a quick edit.

Taylor Millard
Sep 8th, 2003, 01:33:47 AM
although I'm not too sure how many announcements we're gonna make...could you make a [TBE] tag for Balmorra? Thanks...I do think this new forum is a great idea. :)

General Tohmahawk
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:08:56 AM
Interesting idea

Does this extend to Meras based groups?

Silus Xilarian
Sep 8th, 2003, 02:28:11 AM
Krath, Cabal, and TLJ were all included I believe :)

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 8th, 2003, 06:43:51 AM
Were they???

Sorry, not really keeping up with stuff right now - got bugger all idea WTF is going on. Between cars, work, stressed out wife and cats this has been an interestyin week

edit - Ahhhh! So it is! Cool

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 8th, 2003, 12:17:24 PM
Yep! This way, folks who may not know about the Meras groups will get to see their info. Methinks this is a spiffy idea. :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 8th, 2003, 08:01:39 PM
Originally posted by Taylor Millard
although I'm not too sure how many announcements we're gonna make...could you make a [TBE] tag for Balmorra? Thanks...I do think this new forum is a great idea. :) Done

Lady Vader
Sep 11th, 2003, 06:26:39 PM
>_<

Sorry I missed this... and ya, it's definitely a good idea.

Good thinking, Ogies. :)