PDA

View Full Version : Opening Act: (4)four

Shannen
Sep 4th, 2003, 10:24:20 PM
The lights flooded the stage, and she stood breathless in the cloud color provided by the fog machines busily at work on the edges of her vision. Behind her the drummer went to work, pounding out a beat over the screaming of the teenagers just by her feet. There was so much noise beyond the edge of the stage that it was impossible to hear it. It became...anti-noise. Shannen heard the guitar riff through the monitor stuck in her ear, and slowly rolled her head to the side, letting the music flow into her and out again as she began to sing.

"I'm feeling high...like I'm way up in the sky...
don't wanna come back down...
Feeling so low, looking out the window of my life...
can't imagine what it's like on the outside..."

Her voice was low and sweet, and she grabbed the microphone out of the stand and danced to the beat, letting it control her movements as she belted out the chorus with Groden, who played the bass and sang backup vocals.

"Up and down (down and up), down and up (up and down)
like a frelling carousel horse...
One minute happy, another..sad...
When will this ride stop...before I'm torn apart..."

The screaming crowd seemed to grow perceptibly louder as Grodon jumped on top of a speaker and played the bridge. Shannen skipped across the stage, bending down and singing into the face of an estatic youngster.

"I seek balance..I seek happiness...
I must learn to accept the good feelings,
and the bad...

Up and down (down and up..."

Shannen wrenched her body back to the stage, her curves undulating as she sang her heart and soul out to the crowd. To the fans. Adrenaline pumped through her as she covered the stage, bringing the crowd up to a frenzy she'd never seen before.

Strobe lights flickered over the crowd, and she was amazed at how many beings were there. It was a tiny venue, squeezing in about a hundred and fifty beings (depending on size), and (4)four had rarely seen a crowd that large before.

It was their big break, opening for the Jump Lanes here on Chandrila, and the fans were mostly Jump Lanes fans. Shannen's voice rose above the heavy music, soaring for the ceiling as she raised her hand above her head...as though she would touch the stars themselves.

Then with one final beat it was over, the lights clicked off and their set was done. The crowd roared their approval, but was soon distracted by the promise of the band they'd come to see. Shannen skipped off stage, and tackled Grodon in her glee. "Oh my god, oh my god! We did it!" He twirled her around, and Hu'un the drummer caught her next, sweeping her up into a hug.

(4)four gathered in a group hug as roadies started taking down their stage and preparing for the Jump Lanes.