PDA

View Full Version : Investigating the menu

Admiral Ackbar
Sep 4th, 2003, 07:06:31 PM
The Cantina had recently opened. In entered Admiral Ackbar, 1st Fleet Admiral of New Republic. He had been away for months in the Outer Rim, negotiating tax treaties and protection agreements. Then there was the group of wookie diplomatic envoys which had visited him in his office. His personal translator protocol droid had gone for an oil bath, so he spent 6 hours trying to decipher their growls. He badly needed to rest for a bit. Furthermore, he was very hungry. His stomache growled more than those wookie envoys now. What would he not give for a Corellian Beef right now!

"Waitor! May, I see the menu?"

"Of course. Our meat shipments are not in yet. But we have a very exclusive fish & seafood menu!"

The menu:

Lobster Soup
Salmon Filet
Shrimp Pudding
Crab Stew

Todays special: Calamari Squid Tentacles

:x "I will take a cup of coffee please!"

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:00:41 AM
Lion El' Jonson, respected New Republic Fleet Admiral, walked into the cantina. Its walls still smelled of wet paint and lacquer, most of the carpet wasn't even in yet, and the menus were printed on plain paper. The Cantina, designed by the greatest architechs from Coruscant, Mon Calamari, and Pantolomin, was shaped so it would mimic a river: long, wide, and fluid. Water-filled walls, miniature pools, and even the occasional waterfall decorated the place. The giant bar that wove through the establishment was made of real greel wood, and featured every drink you could name and the greatest Mon Calamari Sushi chefs. Black marble tables and big, cushy chairs completed the place. It was the ultimate in luxury.

...Or at least it was supposed to be. However, a tornado had shut down Greel wood production, and as a result they had no bar yet...which was just as well, because an Imperial attack had left the sushi chefs in a state of extreme distress. The cargo freighter carrying the waiter's uniforms had been hijacked in Wild Space, and the credit card machines, plush chairs, and marble tables had been damaged by a curious Gamorrean enroute. To complete the string of disasters, the meat had been recalled because of a new outbreak of Foot & Mouth disease on Chad.

"Some luxury..." Lion thought to himself. "Why does the New Republic only work when it involves...work?"

He sighed and looked around, and then noticed the famed Admiral Ackbar sitting down. When the Mon Calamari looked at the menu, his bulbous eyes rolled and he ordered a coffee. Lion smiled and strode over to the Military's disgruntled-looking High Commander.

"I take it you're enjoying the menu, sir?" Lion asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

TieFighterPilot181st
Sep 5th, 2003, 07:14:27 PM
Taichi Yamagi, Wing Commander in the New Republic Starfighter Corps and commander of the Black Knights Squadron, stepped into the new cantina. It was very luxurious all around...or so he'd heard. However, he wasn't too impressed at the moment. He spotted his friend Admiral El' Jonson sitting with Admiral Ackbar. He strode over to their table.

"Do you mind if i sit here?" he inquired. Then Tie turned to the returning waiter and said: "I'll take one of everything on the menu please and a glass of Whyren's Reserve if you've got some."

The waiter was so surprised that he dropped Admiral Ackbar's coffee.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 9th, 2003, 07:06:17 AM
Lion smirked as Ackbar's jowls quivered as his coffee splashed across the floor. Moreover, he outright grinned as the Admiral's jaw dropped when Tai placed his order.

"Admiral Ackbar, sir...I take it you haven't met Commander Taichi 'Tie' Yamagi...better known in the restaurants as 'trash disposal'."

Lion gave the fighter pilot a nudge and a wink.

"It's Tai's fault that we don't get Friday Buffet anymore. He almost caused a food shortage at the officer's cafe."

Hapan Expeditionary Fleet
Sep 9th, 2003, 11:11:39 AM
Ensign Hoffman of the New Corulag Hapan Empire looked at the entrance to the catina, where it said, "Enemies, and Allies alike welcomed to come visit, and chat." Since he was neutral, Hoffman assumed that it was okay to go in, and grab something to drink. Maybe he would get lucky, and run into someone whom he could talk to about hammering out a non-agression pact with the new Empire founded by Admiral Normandie of the H.E.F.. Walking into the bar, he saw three people sitting at a table, with a waiter nearby cleaning up a glass of spilled coffee. Ensign Hoffman walked over to the table, and took a close glance at the three individuals, which all appeared to be Fleet officers. Dressed in casual civilian clothing, Ensing Hoffman took a seat at the table, and turned to talk to a being that resembled a fish of some sort.

"Excuse me, fine sir, whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

TieFighterPilot181st
Sep 9th, 2003, 11:30:58 AM
"Not my fault that I can metabolize all the food i eat really quickly. Besides a happy soldier isa productive soldier."
he said replying to Lion's teasing remark. Tie then turned to the nwcomer.
"Wing Commander Taichi Yamagi at your disposal, and who are you?" Tie asked the newcomer.

Sep 13th, 2003, 07:37:28 PM
"I am Ensign Hoffman, of the Royal Hapan-Corulag Empire. I am here to seek terms of non-aggression with the NR leaders. For now I am hoping to have a chat with the local Fleet, and Starfighter Commanders. I am stationed aboard the Hapes Nova Battlecruiser Royal Command, or was before the ship was blown out of space by the forces of the Balmorran Empire. Who may you be?"

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 13th, 2003, 07:44:50 PM
"Admiral Lion El' Jonson, Taskforce Implacable. I'm sorry to hear about your ship. The Balmorran Empire has become increasingly aggressive as of late. We offer you asylum, if you require it."

Sep 14th, 2003, 12:11:12 PM
"Nice to meet you, Admiral Jonson. Implacable eh? I remember reading in our history textbooks about a Star Destroyer under the Command of Warlord Zsinj by that name. Oh, and I also remembered something else. If terms could not be reached, then Corulag would like to petition to join the New Republic."