PDA

View Full Version : So how you all doing?

JMK
Sep 4th, 2003, 06:54:08 AM
Spoiler-wise I mean. Have you all managed to stay away from the 'highlight to read' stuff, or do you know every little detail so far released about Episode 3? I'm still relatively clean, and the couple that I did read a couple months ago I've totally forgotten. I'm still trying to stay away, but sometimes it is hard and I figure it will only get tougher as Episode 3 slowly draws nearer....

Jedieb
Sep 4th, 2003, 07:19:12 AM
I'm approaching EP3 differently from TPM and AOTC. I'm reading every spoiler that comes my way. When the novel comes out I'm going to read it before I see the movie. It's the last one and I want to try something new. The spoilers I have seen are pretty sweet and I think we may be looking at the best of the prequels.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 4th, 2003, 11:34:51 AM
Well I don't know everything but I probably will give in like I have for TPM and AOTC I know several spoilers already but so far I think they are very cool and agree with Jedieb about the new movie I think it will be the best.

Figrin D'an
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:28:08 PM
Like Schultz from "Hogan's Heroes"...

"I know nothing!"

;)

I intend to keep it that way as well. For TPM, I read everything. I knew the whole movie before I entered the theatre. For AOTC, I shyed away from nearly all spoilers, and it made for a better experience, IMO. So, this time around, I'm avoiding TF.N and the official site like the plague, and I'm not going to read masked spoilers that are posted here.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 4th, 2003, 05:52:06 PM
I have not read any spoilers so far. I am neither going to put much effort into reading them or avoid them. I will just try to stay away from keypoints about the plot

Are there allready spoilers out there?

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 4th, 2003, 09:17:28 PM
Yeah a few some of it is speculation mostly, IMO. I posted a thread where McCallum gave away some stuff but really it was not thing earth shattering except Jar Jar doesn't die but he could have been lying it is hard to say with that man.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 4th, 2003, 09:41:21 PM
I read that one. Its not easy to get rid of that Jar Jar creature :lol

Doc Milo
Sep 5th, 2003, 07:34:33 PM
The spoiler Master Carr posted here is the only spoiler I have read. Not actively, really, trying to stay away, it's just that my life has changed so much in this past year, I've had little enough time online as it is.....

But, the topic of spoilers is an interesting one. There are many "degrees" of spoilers -- or, more precisely, what one perceives to be a spoiler. For example, I personally don't view knowing casting points, like who plays who, a spoiler, but knowing what character is going to be in the movie may or may not be a spoiler, depending upon whether something plot-related can be gleaned from knowing a character in the movie....

I generally define spoiler as anything that gives away plot points, though...

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 6th, 2003, 11:20:28 AM
Yeah I haven't read any of them yet all I have read is speculation which may or not be true anyway, I have read only one major spoiler which I won't give away here and it deals more with the first 15 minutes of the movie.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 8th, 2003, 06:49:30 AM
Spoiler free.

Hey, wouldnt be hard for EpIII to be the best of the prequels. Even AOTC isnt all that flash or memorable.

PadmeSolo
Sep 12th, 2003, 10:31:40 AM
I was staying away, untill I read this one spoiler in this fourm. It was sooooo bad I had to laugh. I think it was fake, even Lucas would think of something better than that. That just lost all my urges to read Spoilers. I am spoiler free till eps. III!

JMK
Oct 22nd, 2003, 08:30:34 AM
I gave in and read a few spoilers, some I wish I hadn't, and others I don't care knowing one way or the other. Which one do I wish I hadn't read: Padme's dead. Anakin does it.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 22nd, 2003, 08:47:12 AM
Yeah, I read that one as well, and wish I didn't because that is as major spoiler as it gets. Even worse, I read something about how it happens. Although, that plot point was easy to predict, I will just avoid those kind of spoilers in the future. I am going to have this guideline from now on:

OK spoilers: Pictures of sets, characters, ships equipment, weapons and buildings. Trailers and behind the scenes footage, making of diary, interviews

*Not* OK spoilers: Dialogue, script and key plot points

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:10:15 AM
I read that one too kyle but I also read that they have filmed that scene a couple of different ways and somebody said that Padme may yet still live Lucas is hedging his bets and they think he will give in because of the ROTJ line.

darth_mcbain
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:02:19 PM
I had good intentions, but I have read a bunch of those spoilers too...

I have read that one about Padme's death and somehow it just doesn't seem right to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but IMHO it just doesn't seem right. But, who knows - lots of things could happen.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:05:36 PM
That is good to hear, Carr. Perhaps we are not so badly spoiled as we thought :)

ADarksideJedi
Oct 22nd, 2003, 04:55:42 PM
Well this thread does say how is everyone!Anyway I know some stuff about star wars three I do not really care if they spoil anything I really like to know stuff about what happens ahead of time!But that is just me I can not wait I still have a question on my mind "What the hell is going to be the title of Star Wars three?I am dieing to know this question! Anyway see u aroud jedis!JM

JMK
Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:58:41 PM
We will find out this time next year.

ADarksideJedi
Oct 23rd, 2003, 07:35:14 PM
Originally posted by JMK
We will find out this time next year.

Next year that is too far away!I can not wait until next year!
Do u mean when u say this time as in this day but next year?I am alittle confuse!
Anyway see u around Jedis! JM :angel

Master Yoghurt
Oct 23rd, 2003, 07:47:34 PM
What he means is; in a year, we will know much more about these movies than we do now.

Just a friendly suggestion. Please, dont post in colors. Although it may seem fun/cool, its actually rather distractive and some posters will find it annoying.

JMK
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:00:38 PM
I mean roughly this time next year we will know the name of Episode 3.

And please spell 'u' as 'you'.
And you don't have to say 'see u later jedis' in each of your posts. We get it. We'll see you later. :D

ADarksideJedi
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:31:41 PM
:rolleyes Wow you guy sure know know how to welcome a new member here!I will be very surprise if people quit after being here after two days!
You guys so far been so cold to me!Why?Is it fun for u or something>
Because I like star wars a whole lot I am going to stay on this site but anyway I always say see u later guys at the end of my post it is me!So I am going to say it ok?Sorry if it brothers you so much! JM :rolleyes :angel

Master Yoghurt
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:49:04 PM
We dont mean to be cold. There is an old saying, when you are in Rome, you do as Rome does. This means, addapting to the posting enviroment. As you may have noticed, you are the only one posting in colors here. You will find people take you more serious if you follow my advice. If not, well good luck.. :)

Figrin D'an
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:57:57 PM
We understand that you are excited to post about so many different topics, and we, of course, like to see new posters. The recommendations being made aren't to put you down, and they certainly aren't being made because anyone enjoys criticising people. It's for your benefit.

When you post, it's generally a good idea to do so in a way that will make people want to respond in a positive manner. A few ways to do that are to:

- Use clear and understandable language. Just because it's an internet message board doesn't mean that all those rules about spelling and grammar go out the window. If your posts aren't understandable, people will ignore you, or worse, start complaining about you. People around here tend to not like "Net-speak"... the short-hand stuff, like using "u" instead of "you", and so on.

- Don't overuse the nifty board features, like the color tags and the smileys. Yeah, they're pretty cool, but after a while, they become a distraction, and take away from the actual words in your post. Again, it just gives others a reason to ignore you.

- Avoid go overboard with posting new topics and replys. You'll find that quality is more important than quantity. One informative, well-written post is better than 25 short, pointless ones.

Again... no one is trying to make you feel unwelcome, or pick on you just for kicks. We're just trying to get you to understand why certain things you do with your posts are bad or annoying, and give you some pointers to improve. That way, when you post, people will want to respond to your topics with something interesting.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:59:43 PM
There are rumors that the title might be already out, but that is from theforce.net. Somebody on there a couple of weeks ago claimed it was Revenge of the Sith. One of the popular titles that have been thrown around. They said that was it because Lucasfilm copywritted it recently. Although who knows it could be the name of a future novel, comic or video game.

Figrin D'an
Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:03:27 PM
Revenge of the Sith wouldn't surprise me at all. It fits the established title pattern, and it would be a good antithesis to "Return of the Jedi."
Of course, we all know the story about the "Revenge of the Jedi" title, so Lucas pulling it out and changing one word for use as the Episode III title is definately within the realm of possibility.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 23rd, 2003, 09:11:06 PM
Listen to Figrin you should, wise man he is. We are only trying to help :)

Now back to topic..

Revenge of the Sith seems to fit in the pattern of previous titles. It is similar to the original ROTJ title, and it also fits into the theme ".. at last, we will have our revenge" which Darth Maul says in TPM. Copyrighting that name is a strong indicator here. It does not sound like the typical EU book title IMO.