PDA

View Full Version : The Dirty Dozen

General Tohmahawk
Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:38:20 PM
There are two codes in the NR that should be noted. One is the Code ArchAngel - this is a code that very high level operatives use. The only people witht he right to use ArchAngel at present is Hawk and Ellieen Cross. (OOC ArchAngel is Marcus Elessar's code name BTW)

The other is Redline. Redline is a new code, signifying the need for the idea I have - a high speed commando force that responds to specific Force User trouble that other branchesffo the NR can not handle.

Project Redline is an idea Tohmahawk was goign to impliment inside the NRSF, but now he will do it within SecCorps. This is the eleite fo the elite, 12 beings formed as a team to deal with exceptional trouble for the NR. This team is heavily armed with the absolute cutting edge of technology and personal armour and shields. It is proposed this group be fighters enough to take on Jedi if they have to.

I'm goign to give Hicks the job of beung the first Redliner. Watch what he has and does soon.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:20:02 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I'd make sure that the technology is not overstated too much, otherwise it may lead to complaints of: 1.) Godmoding, and/or 2.)Heavy reliance on technology, meaning there'd be little adaptation to situations where they're deprived of their advanced weapons systems.

Otherwise, looks like a good idea. What is Code Archangel for, anyways? It it merely an uncrackable code, like the Japanese Naval Codes were, or is it something else?

imported_Marcus
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:44:38 AM
ArchAngel is (OOC I add this, IC very few have any idea this exists, tho it's bee RP'ed) Marcus Elessar. It's an emergency call that will bring him and any resources needed to a person in deseperate trouble. If Elessar gives you the Arch Angel code, you literalyl have a "arch Angel" looking out for you. The code (And this info is OOC, IC there is no idea this exists, tho it has been RP'ed out and Yog'll know it) a backdoor into NR and GJO systems. It's rather useful to say the least.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 4th, 2003, 03:56:09 AM
Wow. Sounds awesome.

Lion's got a code sort of like that: Shadowhammer. He's got a platoon from the 51st ODST Forces based on his command cruiser, and a squad of them shadow him whenever he's moving through sensitive territory. If something goes awry, the code Shadowhammer is given and means the 51st break their cover and rush to assist him. Hence, his 'Shadows' come down like a 'Hammer' on the enemy.

Which brings to mind a thing I've been wanting to instate: The ODST program. I got the idea from Halo, and I've been playing with it in my head for a couple of weeks. ODST stands for (O)rbital (D)rop (S)hock (T)roopers. Essentially, they're an entire regiment trained to the standards of Lieutenant Page's commandos. Squads of them are spread across the galaxy aboard select ships.

Their primary use would be in lightning shocktroop assaults. The ODST's method of transportation is a small durasteel pod, fitted with life support, small maneuvering thrusters, and a powerful computer/communication system. The ODST's are dropped from low orbit by specially designed stealth shuttles. Their computers link up with orbiting satellites and the New Republic capital ships in orbit, and use all of that info to form a cohesive map of the surrounding area. Then, the computer will use the maneuvering jets to navigate the ODST's over a designated drop site. At less than 1,000 feet, the pod finally breaks away, and triggers the ODST's repulsorpack. The trooper reaches ground within 10 seconds of pod's breakaway.

I picture the ODST's as an elite troop. I envision their mission to be securing a landing site for a coming New Republic invasion force. They would drop into the midst of the enemy achieving total surprise, clear the area, and then hold that position until New Republic transports carrying regular Army personnel can arrive. Additional uses include covert surgical strike missions and quick hit and runs.

I don't their equipment should be too advanced: I picture more of a Navy SEAL look to the unit. Lightweight body armor, a Heavy Blaster Rifle, and advanced computer uplinks for better coordination between the team. The computer could also provide maps, enemy force disposition, and rudimentary hacking. I've even thought of a name for them: "The 101st Helljumpers."

imported_Marcus
Sep 4th, 2003, 05:07:04 AM
ODST gets a thumbs up here.

I see a Redliner being complimentary in fact because a reliner's purpose is quite different. I see them as having what they need and they decide how to use it - finesse slip tip or a brutal hammer, plus operate alone. I guess more in the vein of a Hand than anything else.

William Neir
Sep 17th, 2003, 10:17:47 PM
ODST is redundant. NRSF is doing the same kind of thing currently. If you'd like to get in on that, let me know.