PDA

View Full Version : Frayed Ends (closed)

Cassidy Williams
Sep 3rd, 2003, 01:57:38 PM
Nearly six months. It had been nearly six months since she'd last seen her father. Cassidy sighed as she lay stretched across her bed, legs on top and head on the floor. Did she miss him? Yes. She hadn't thought that she would, after he'd practically told her never to speak to him again. But it wasn't nearlhy as bad as it could have been. Her sister had helped her to forget him for a while.

Thinking of which, she hadn't seen Xazor around either. Cassidy knew that her sister had other padawans, and that she was a very busy woman but...

"Wouldn't kill her to say hi."

It was too quiet. Cassidy hated it when it was quiet. She glanced about the small room that she'd been staying in. Clothes were everywhere, and books, and datapads. She hated cleaning too.

She had just resolved to do the unpleasant task when a short knock came from her door. Cassidy grinned, happy for the interuption.

"Hol' on a sec!"

She grabbed a few shirts and kicked a clearing on the floor before opening the door, trying to make it appear as if she'd been busily tidying.

"H'lo."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:02:55 PM
“Hello, Cassidy.”

The gentle face of Jedi Knight Dasquian Belargic smiled don at the Padawan. His eyes lifted from hers to what he could see of her room behind her and his smile faded ever-so slightly.

“I have something to talk to you about. You aren’t too busy are you?”

Cassidy Williams
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:29:53 PM
She grinned brightly and then followed his gaze to her room. Cassidy shrugged and shook her head.

"Nope. C'mon in."

Leading the way the girl hopped over a pile of clothing and onto her bed, bouncing a little as she settled down. Suddenly worried, she glanced at Dasquian.

"Am I in trouble? Because really, the whole thing was Loki's idea, I told him that someone would find out and--"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 6th, 2003, 04:29:56 AM
“No, you aren’t in trouble,” Dasquian assured.

“But what I have to tell you might be a little upsetting.”

Sighing, the Knight looked about for somewhere to sit before just accepting standing.

“I’m afraid your Master, your sister, has left the Jedi Order.”

Cassidy Williams
Sep 8th, 2003, 11:39:21 AM
Dasquian was met with a blank stare and silence, as for once Cassidy didn't have anything to say. This was, of course, the reason she hadn't been able to find her sister anywhere despite numerous attempts.

Maybe it was a joke.

"Nice try, but it wasn't really funny."

Cassidy watched his face, waiting for any sign of a grin that would prove she was right. There was none. Furrowing her eyebrows the girl got up and turned her back to him, digging amongst a stack of personal items with a great deal of fervor.

"Why?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 8th, 2003, 12:02:18 PM
“To follow her father. She doesn’t follow our ideals anymore, I’m afraid.”

He paused, then added, as an afterthought:

“She is still a Jedi, just not a member of this Order.”

Cassidy Williams
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:16:51 PM
"Well I hate her!"

The outburst was followed by a cubed object being thrown across the room. It hit the wall, which seemed to turn it 'on', and images began to flash slowly in succesion; first Cassidy's mother (courtesy of her sister), then her father, then Xazor herself. The girl glared at the holographs and then grabbed a coat from the floor.

"And I don't care if I'm not supposed to! I hate her."

And without so much as a goodbye, Cassidy stormed out of her quarters, wishing that the door enabled her to slam it.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 10th, 2003, 03:32:27 PM
“Cassidy!”

Dasquian swerved out into the corridor.

“Cassidy, wait… I’m sure you’re sister had a good reason to do this.”

Cassidy Williams
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:25:46 AM
Cassidy didn't stop until she reached the end of the hall. Spinning around in a flurry of hair and robes the young apprentice rolled her eyes.

"Reason? REASON?! I don't CARE if she had a reason! She's a liar, a filthy liar and I HATE her!"

Tears stung her eyes and Cassidy clenched her hands into fists. She didn't care if she was angry. This happened too much. Everyone she cared about left. It wasn't fair.

"I don't give a...FRELL!"

At this, a few heads poked out of their quarters to see what was going on. Cassidy didn't care. She glared at Dasquian, canines glinting as she snarled on.

"I hope she never comes back, I hope she dies! And I'm not stayin' here anymore!"

Turning, the girl jogged unsteadily around the corner towards the stairs that would lead her to one of the exits.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:33:20 AM
Dasquian followed, rounding the corner quickly.

“Cassidy.”

He slowed somewhat.

“Calm yourself. You are frustrated with her, for leaving without telling you, but this anger will do you no good. You must control you emotions and think about this rationally.”

Cassidy Williams
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:48:38 AM
"Shutup!"

Cassidy put her hands over her ears and kept walking.

"Shutup, I don't want to hear you! Be quiet!"

She didn't care about being rational.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 11:57:11 AM
You’re acting like a child, a voice chided into her mind.

But if you want to storm off in a tantrum, go ahead. See what good comes of it.

Cassidy Williams
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:51:50 PM
"I am a child!"

Cassidy put a hand on a nearby wall to steady herself. Turning her back to Dasquian and breathing heavily the girl shook her head.

"She's such a liar! All that stuff she said...all about findin' each other and... she knew she was the only one I had left! She knew and now..."

Much to her surprise Cassidy found herself crying openly in the corridor.

"Now she's just up and left! Why didn't she tell me? Why didn't she even just try and explain...?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:55:04 PM
“Perhaps because she didn’t want to face you when you were like this,” Dasquian hazarded.

He glanced down and sighed.

“You’re her sister, Cassidy. I have no doubt that she will be in contact soon.”

Cassidy Williams
Sep 15th, 2003, 02:01:18 PM
Cassidy scowled.

"Well I don't want to be in contact with her! I won't, I won't talk to her."

The padawan sniffled and rubbed her nose with the sleeve of her cloak.

"She's an idiot. I wish she wasn't my sister, and I'm not just saying that."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:50:47 AM
“I don’t believe you.”

Dasquian folded his arms over his chest.

“Why is she an idiot? Because she has different beliefs to you?”

Cassidy Williams
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:51:08 PM
Cassidy wore a very cranky expression, scuffing her feet on the stone floor.

"Yes. No. Oh, I don't know."

She sniffed again, then let out a growl, her mind having drifted back to her sister.

"She just...left! That's why! She's a stupid idiot. And she lies. And..."

The girl stopped, trying to think of another reason why she hated Xazor.

"And she tried to act like my mother!"

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:12:42 PM
“She was just trying to help you, Cassidy. She would have felt as though she was your only family… your only link, and therefore felt obliged to act as a guardian for you. Yet now it seems like…”

Dasquian frowned slightly, “She has given up that role – but, you must remember, her life is her own. She is free to do with it whatever she wishes.”

Cassidy Williams
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:56:14 AM
He was right, she knew that. That didn't mean that Cassidy would concede however. The preteen wiped away loose tears angrily and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yeah? Well this is my life and I can do what I wish with it too! So I can hate her if I want!"

Cassidy stared hard at Dasquian.

"Aren't you mad? She left you too."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:48:52 PM
Dasquian shook his head and for a moment sadness showed in his eyes.

“If she is happy, then I’m happy.”

Cassidy Williams
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:55:32 PM
Cassidy stared at him, not really believing what he said. She frowned.

"And what about Valanya?"

The padawan had seen the child around the temple, so knew that Xazor had not taken her with.

"How could she leave her own kid? It's so...selfish!"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 10th, 2003, 10:17:09 AM
“Sometimes we have to do things, Cassidy, even if we don’t want to. We don’t always enjoy it, but that’s the way life is.”

Dasquian spoke from the heart, having experienced this very feeling recently himself.

Cassidy Williams
Nov 17th, 2003, 01:00:14 PM
"Well then life sucks!"

The girl shook her head angrily and kicked the wall. Her eyes were getting watery again and she turned away from the Knight, staring out at the gardens.

"We had a fight the last time I saw her. She was being bossy."

Cassidy frowned and tensed her shoulders.

"Do you think that helped her want to leave?"