PDA

View Full Version : Attention! Interested in joining the New Republic?

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 2nd, 2003, 05:26:17 PM
Interested in joining the New Republic? Would you take pride in commanding a 100,000 ton Capital Ship? How about flying a nimble X-Wing? Or maybe you'd like to join our glorious armies on the ground? Whether Army or Navy, be you rich or poor, the New Republic has a spot open for you!

We're looking to recruit new members to the New Republic cause. The New Republic stands for peace, justice, and freedom! Help maintain the armed forces' glorious tradition of defending the poor, the helpless, and the needy. Join Today! We maintain several recruitment centers where potential trainees can join, and will provide all of the training necessary.

UPDATE: 9-16-03

The New Republic now has its own Cantina, complete with Sushi Bar and pompous waiters! No more having to mingle with those aloof Jedi, now maybe we can finally have some fun! C'mon in!

Note: Jedi Toiletducks are an illegal beverage at The Cantina, as are all classes of antifreeze. That is all. :p

And we're introducing two new branches of the service! They are as follows...

O: Orbital
D: Drop
S: Shock
T: Troopers

"The 101st Helljumpers"

We've begun formulating a new group, known as the ODST's. The ODST's are an elite squad, specializing in Lightning Fast Orbital Assaults. Fancy launching out of a shuttle at low orbit, plummeting through the atmosphere into an Imperial Base, and then taking it over with members of Lieutenant Page's Commando's? Who wouldn't?!?! :D

"SecCorps: The New Republic's Greatest Shield"

Also, don't forget about SecCorps, an exciting new opportunity from the mind of General Tohmahawk himself. With the most advanced weapons, armor, and electronics, members of SecCorps will be called upon to handle Darksiders bent on causing Chaos. Apply at the Recruitment Center, or contact General Tohmahawk.

We're accepting applications for every branch of the military in the Recruitment Center.

Join Here:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=167

*Salutes*

~Lord Admiral Lion El' Jonson, C-in-C, Outer Rim Naval Assets~
~MC-150 Pride of Caliban, Battlefleet Implacable~
~Current Location: Coruscant Spacedocks~

General Tohmahawk
Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:27:04 PM
We also have some oother options if you dont want to fleet.

1) The senate

2) SecCorps

3) Regular Ground

4) Any type of techs and maintenance

Plus, I've got something in mind with SecCorp that'll need some good beings. Background's not a problem, long as you like a fight.

Chris Raynark
Sep 4th, 2003, 04:46:26 AM
Sends an application for SecCorps.
:wave

Azhure Darkstone
Sep 9th, 2003, 01:30:42 AM
*eyes trhe secCorps with interest*

*kicks the clock that regulates her time*

Maybe next year...

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 9th, 2003, 06:01:56 AM
We can always dream...:lol

Oh well, we're still accepting! We've gottena couple of new recruits recently, but there's plenty of positions open.

~Lion~

Azhure Darkstone
Sep 10th, 2003, 12:43:52 AM
I might take up the offer when time allows then.
So many attractive character offers and rp's around lately.

Mandalore
Sep 16th, 2003, 12:11:40 PM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
And we're introducing two new branches of the service! They are as follows...

O: Orbital
D: Drop
S: Shock
T: Troopers

"The 101st Helljumpers"

We've begun formulating a new group, known as the ODST's. The ODST's are an elite squad, specializing in Lightning Fast Orbital Assaults. Fancy launching out of a shuttle at low orbit, plummeting through the atmosphere into an Imperial Base, and then taking it over with members of Lieutenant Page's Commando's? Who wouldn't?!?! :D

This already exists in the form of the NRSF.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:24:23 PM
Can we let characters from the books stay in the books? I suspect most of them would be dead in our timeline.
This already exists in the form of the NRSF. Correct.

Sejah Haversh
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:57:55 AM
Doesn't Charley run that part of the NRSF? And with alarming detail and amazingly human posts?

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 17th, 2003, 05:11:12 AM
Already exists? That's news to me, especially seeing how Marcus gave it the thumbs up...

Last time I checked, the NRSF were Force Hunters. Now, with the establishment of SecCorps, I'm not quite sure what Tohmahawk or Yog plans to do with them. However, the ODST's are much more numerous than the NRSF. Platoons of them are scattered across the galaxy aboard strategic cruisers or at key military bases, unlike the NRSF who are based on the Defender.

The ODST's are intended to be the NR's Airborne, not the NR's SAS.

General Tohmahawk
Sep 17th, 2003, 06:17:44 AM
I have no control of the NRSF and no idea what they are up to - I do knw that they are not quite what you thought they were Lion. Not your fault, I add. AFAIK, the NRSF is not really within the control of the military heirachy, thence I dont see why there is a problem - the NR troops, Special Operations forces, setup and others are our resposibility. How the NRSF choose to operate is up to them - their originall charter and funding were to be as independant as possible.

Charley
Sep 17th, 2003, 10:25:32 AM
Lion, get in touch with me, and I'll try to give you the information on how the NRSF has been set up and operating for the past 10 months or so. I've kind of tried to bring the group about to be like Marines, Rangers, Airborne, etc. A very versatile but military-scale ground force. Been spending forever and a half getting the storyline for one of their RP's going, and its pretty painstaking.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 18th, 2003, 07:18:06 AM
Alright, sorry 'bout that Charley. ^_^;

I just remember the NRSF being very seperate from the New Republic. I don't want to trod on a lifetime-and-a-half of storyline planning. :lol