PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Prime Minister Balkenende has breakfast with George W.

Dutchy
Sep 2nd, 2003, 02:55:01 PM
Wooooh, big day for Holland.

Our Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende meets the President of the United States of America. At 7:10 AM, but still.

WTF are they gonna talk about?

The big question is of course: will 'The Balk' get his 'photo opportunity'? Will JP and George step outside together and answer some questions?

I'm afraid not. :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 2nd, 2003, 05:07:38 PM
insert angsty AMERIKKKA post here

Darth Viscera
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:02:35 PM
*clears throat*

OMG!!!111one1 amrikkkka = teh sux BUSH = HILTER!! bmobing babies and choke pretzl peece for iroq from AMERICA NAZI!!

angsty AMERIKKKA post inserted :)

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:10:06 PM
We might as well rename the Atlantic to the River Styx and be done with it.

Darth Viscera
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:14:40 PM
?
What? Why? Huh?
Europe=Hell? What?

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:25:19 PM
Or America or both? Not sure what you mean by that?

ReaperFett
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:14:58 PM
?
What? Why? Huh?
Europe=Hell? What?

You realise you might get better answers if you just said "What do you mean?" instead of your normal way, which manages to turn a question into a belittling insult.

What he means is that Styx is the river to hell, and as the US is hell, the Atlantic must be Styx.

Droo
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:16:24 PM
My comment is supposed to be ironic, I wasn't serious and I don't think America is the source of all evil either. Well, not much anyway. :)

Darth Viscera
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:35:50 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
You realise you might get better answers if you just said "What do you mean?" instead of your normal way, which manages to turn a question into a belittling insult.

I'm big on emphasis, so sue me.

Mandalore
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:36:03 PM
Considering that the path to Hades and Elysium alike takes you across the Styx, your theological zing has the nutritional value of a twinky :)

Droo
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:37:37 PM
I've never even heard of Elysium. Hush! :mneh

Mandalore
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:41:09 PM
BAH

(Hades is just the Afterlife, and is kinda broken up into a bunch of places, like a theme park for the dead. Your virtuous heroes and goodie-goodies go to Elysium's fields, which is the :cool part of Hades, and I think there's kinda a boring little spot for most underachievers. Then for the real turds of Greco-Roman times, there was the tree of Tantalus, or somesuch. You stand in a puddle, beneath a fruit tree. When you get hungry, you reach for fruit, and the branch raises above your grasp. When you get thirsty and stoop for a drink, the water dries up. Hence the word tantalizing)

/the more you know

Droo
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:45:10 PM
Oh blah. I knew that the Underworld in Greek mythology wasn't just a horrible, hellish place. Sorry for not being so specific, you big piece of brain!

Mandalore
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:50:04 PM
:cool

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:03:53 PM
I think there are a lot of countries that are a source of evil in the world.

oh, wait no, I meant "people" are the source of all evil in the world. Therefore all countries share in the blame equally. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:12:40 PM
Dante is the one who made the Styx as the river to hell, I think he just used the river in the Hades as a classical reference.

Darth Vader
Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:23:31 PM
Dante is as theologically relevant as Lovecraft's Cthulhu, and I get a chuckle from it all.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:56:01 AM
Well Dante is no theologian but he is the one that has come up with the best look at Hell, in terms of symbolism. Some of his stuff is hilarious. Especially when Dante kicks the guy in the head who is stuck in the ice.