PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Little disapointed

imported_Blade Ice
Sep 1st, 2003, 10:38:34 PM
I'm normal not one to speak out against people of this board but as of late I have been seeing a bad trend IMO. I won't blame anyone by name because allot of us are guilty of it even myself.

The last few Help threads I have seen posted by New people here and even old RPers, the first thing anyone says is hey that pic is taken or doesn't so and so have claim to that pic. So instead of helping the person we are more concerned with what pic they are using.

Come on it isn't even stated in the rules that you can't use the same pic as some one else. It’s just a common curtsey thing that most of us older experienced rpers follow. I suggest that if you see someone using the same pic as some one else that you pm them not ruin there help thread with that junk.

If you feel you must state it at least inform them that it’s a common curtsey thing that most rpers here embrace. Most of you sound like jerks when you inform someone of this. It’s not in the rules or the FAQ so there is a big percent chance that a person doesn't know it.

All I'm asking is that if your going to do it ether do it in a pm or with a nicer informative attitude. Make the new people feel like we actually want them here and the old ones feel like we want to keep them here.

Sorry for bothering you all with this.

This was your friendly neighborhood Blade Ice. :)

Brielle Acaana
Sep 1st, 2003, 11:17:41 PM
I think you make a good point, Blade. Noone is going to feel welcome if the first thing said to them is 'Hey! You cant do that!'.

Perhaps we could PM them about it? It would be a bit more polite instead of drawing everyones attention to the 'mistake'. :)

Ardath Bey
Sep 2nd, 2003, 01:05:32 AM
This would be a great post to be a sticky.

:)

Rage
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:49:41 AM
Nicely put, Ice. :D

ReaperFett
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:34:11 AM
But they are said politely. Its not like someone says "Pic taken. Change now OR ELSE", is it? They're just direct.

And you can't work on a system of PMs when some people turn off PMs :)

Kelt Simoson
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:38:33 AM
Well said Blade :)