PDA

View Full Version : <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>

General Tohmahawk
Sep 1st, 2003, 10:36:45 PM
This place needs a clean up. Time for work

Who the hell has access in here, anyway?

Admiral Ackbar
Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:51:09 AM
Ah, Tohmahawk good old friend. I'll post a list of members who got access here

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:54:47 AM
I have access to High Command.

Yes, this place desperately needs a cleanup. Even the VBCode isn't working properly. Also, there may be a couple of people who joined during the NR's lull that haven't been granted access yet.

General Tohmahawk, it's an honor to see you again.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:03:24 AM
Master Yoghurt
Morgan Evanar
Adrmiral Ackbar
General Tohmahawk
Marcus Elassar
Milom Sargast
Jyanis Scorpion
AmazonBabe
Wedge Antilles
Navaria Tarkin
Ryla Relvinian
Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Ibrain Tain
JungleCat
Lion El' Jonson
Dwayne Hicks
Ki-Adi Kindo
Danaken
Vick Darseri
Relanna Ikira
Nevlonniel
Marcus
William Belargic

Master Yoghurt
Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:10:15 AM
Added:

TieFighterPilot181st
Beckit Stev
Captain Tyle
Winter
Reshmar
Magnus Semaj
Telan Desaria (just kidding! :P)
Zara Drecker
Xazor Elessar
Zela Anos
Avolon Bisel
Redic Scott

This will take some time -_-

Watch this space for updates..

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 2nd, 2003, 05:34:58 AM
In the words of my good friend Lord Archive, once said in a fanfic...

Tai: Dear…

Sora: …sweet…

TK: …kami…

Kari: …sama!

That many people actually have some reason to be in NR High Command? We must've really rolled way back when! :lol

Master Yoghurt
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:03:18 AM
Well, maybe not. What we do need, is posting a roll call so we can see who is still around.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:39:26 AM
I know that we've had several rollcall threads over the past year. With each one, the people varied, but there were a couple of names that were consistent. I'll dig the URL's up:

The great big NR/Imperial Rollcall Thread
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25319

NR Rolecall Thread
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25318

Beckit Stev initiated both of these rolecall threads. The last one was quite a while ago, and several people have joined or left, I suspect. We'll definitely need a new rolecall thread to get an idea of who's still around. Hope this helps, though.

Admiral Ackbar
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:02:25 AM
That does help, thanks.

But yeah, we need to do another roll call. Lets put it up at OOC. Also a thread where NR announces recruitment of new members would be good.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:20:36 AM
The Recruitment Announcement sounds like a good idea. I take it that'll be in the OOC forum also. As for the rolecall, is this going to be for NR members only, or will it include all Fleet RPers? NR members only will be easier for figuring out our actives, but a combined rollcall will be good because it gives us an idea of the bigger picture.

Perhaps we could poke some of the Remnant members into starting rolecalls of their own? More organization to it, if we've got a sperate list of current NR and current Imperial personnel.

Admiral Ackbar
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:42:20 AM
Lets do a combined roll call to get a better idea what we are up against, right from the bat. The NR/Imperial Rollcall Thread Mark II. Also a NR recruitment thread in the OOC

Then we will need to put together a roster of NR with ranks, material assets, responsibilities and the different divisions of NR (Navy, Army, Intelligence).

As for the remnant and the other Imperial groups. We shall require detailed info about the their assets and their members, their diplomatic affiliations and/or allies so we can best analyse our strategy for future warfare.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:53:45 AM
Alright, then. I think Tohmahawk might be better for gathering the info, as he usually knows all the comings and goings of the boards. All I know is the Remnant and a little about the TSO.

As for the rollcall thread, who's going to put it up, and when will it be posted?

Admiral Ackbar
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:19:55 AM
If you would do the honor of starting those threads up, I would much appreciate it. Lets set it up as soon as possible :)

Other than that, it would probably be good to do some forum layout/graphics changes. Me and Marcus will handle that, contact Ogre and arrange it

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 2nd, 2003, 05:29:08 PM
Alright. I'll get on those threads right away.

Rollcall Thread:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31712

Recruitment Notice
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31714

Hope these are okay.

General Tohmahawk
Sep 2nd, 2003, 05:36:44 PM
Allright Ackbar, we'll get to it.

Question tho, do we want to break out of GJO and go solo? I think we need to be a bit more "visible" to attract attention.

Now, you also have to rememebr it will take some time to build up - after all it did take years for GJO to grow to it's size. Your faced with about a year before you get twenty active members. So, you have to be in for the long haul

Admiral Ackbar
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:17:46 PM
Yes, I am well aware the work involved to build up a group. I remember GJO when it was like 5 active members. We know excactly what it takes to build a community like that :)

As for breaking out of GJO. Good question. I think that might be something to concider in the long run, because as this forum gets more traffic and more members, it would probably need to be separated from the GJO anyway. The question is if that should be done now for visibility or if we should wait until things are bit more organised. What do you think about it?

General Tohmahawk
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:47:07 PM
I'd like now personally. i can see tho, maybe getting it justifyed is right. One thign to do maybe is to set mod privledges for the right accounts. I definantly will need to get 'Hawk set.

(As a side note, The Lost probably is a much bigger group than anyone realises - just no one really knows it cause most members are not coming out with their hand up. We got about 12 independant members? So, it's possible to build a group without visibility. The other thing is that a group builds quickly if it's seen as 'cool', for want of a better word. The NRSF took off like a shot, remember? But had cool guns, an attitude, a mentality that appealed. Plus, it did shake RP as it had that god-awful monster MC-200a. The NR has always been seen as a bastard child of RP, so we do need to fix that - the bad <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> attitude of some of our commanders will help. Tohamahawk after all really is bad <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> :) )

Oh, and can we get rid of the censor NR board wide?

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:21:06 AM
If Tohmahawk's in this forum, the censor will probably explode...:lol

Good news, I've had PM's from three people so far who've expressed interest in joining the New Republic. Also, looking at the rollcall thread, we've got a lot more puppet accounts than I realized. You'll probably want me to stay out of your planning stage, because past Photoshop my computer skills deteriorate to nothing but HTML (But I am learning VB...)

Anyways, progress looks pretty good right now. I'll go take a look at rendezvous point.

imported_Marcus
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:26:42 AM
Things have a way of happening when I'm interested :D

Okay, I'm going to get 'Hawk set as a Group Mod for the NR

And your not kiddign the censor would detonate. 'Hawk knows more swear words than every other Rp'er combined :D

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:35:09 AM
Awesome. Is there the option for CT's around here?

I'm not saying we should have "Seeker of Gungan Pr0n" underneath my name (O_o...:lol), but perhaps the person's rank, or squadron, or flagship? It's a little thing that might increase the feeling of Military 'Rank and File' in the New Republic Armed Forces.

Then again, with Tohmahawk very little is orthodox...:D...Railgun shots are quite frequent.

General Tohmahawk
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:42:22 AM
I really dont know if we have the option of CT's here, tho I agree with you basic summisation. a note of rank, squad and maybe a bit of bad <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> comments would work nicely.

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:46:42 AM
It'll be something to ask Yog about, anyways. Is the NRSF still going to maintained as a branch of the New Republic?

General Tohmahawk
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:53:23 AM
As far as I am aware, yes. If anything, the NRSF has less freedom than they did in the 'Hawk days. They aren't quite the anti Force User corps they were instigated as, they are more like a SAS unit now.

My thought was to build SecCorps into a sort of NRSF replacement - an Ops group that moved outside of authority, armed with the cutting edge weaponry, super trained and immune to mind tricks and stuff, plus exotic anti Jedi measures. Making SecCorps the fear inducing unit the NRSF could have been will be an interesting project

Master Yoghurt
Sep 3rd, 2003, 05:02:11 AM
About CT's, I think they are possible, yes. The Cizerak Pride have them enabled, and their a subforum to Confederacy of Independent Systems. I'll have to ask Ogre about that one :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 4th, 2003, 06:14:47 PM
Originally posted by General Tohmahawk
Oh, and can we get rid of the censor NR board wide? I myself am okay with turning it off board wide for the NR, but I typically push only turning it off in Private forums so as to not encourage people to get too comfortable with not having the censor for when they visit other forums.

EDIT: P.S. I would like to see the issue discussed among the members in this forum and decided upon before going ahead with it.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 4th, 2003, 06:21:48 PM
Well I am ok with it either way. But if the censor is removed, I dont think it should be announced. That would give the image inappropriate language is encouraged.

Edit: Agreed. We would have to think it over first.

Xazor Elessar
Sep 4th, 2003, 06:22:31 PM
Hey all -- I'm here! ;) Yeah, CTs would be an awesome thing -- and I agree with Mr.Net on the sensor thing. It should only be in here otherwise we'll have people dropping f-bombs everywhere again. :rolleyes We don't need that and it'll make us look bad anyway.

[/My 2 cents]

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:37:53 AM
Incidentally, beautiful new layout. Much more organized than the previous one. As for the censor, I'm not quite sure. I agree it needs to be turned off, but it also shouldn't be announced: People should know that they have the option of swearing, but the fact that nobody told them should be enough to clue them in that "swearing like a drunk sailor ain't cool."

However, if definitely needs to be turned off. Military types are known for shouting warcries, trashtalking each other, and making reference to the parental origins of their enemies. :lol

Nice to see you here, Xaz.

General Tohmahawk
Sep 5th, 2003, 04:06:37 AM
Ah, I've heard much of yu, Miss Elessar. I've heard you kick as much <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> as your mother. Your most welcome here

Master Yoghurt
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:27:39 AM
Allrighty then. Lets disable the censor. Just keep in mind, inappropriate language WILL be edited at the moderators discression in the public forums. This is a family friendly board and if it gets out of hand, it will simply be enabled again :grumble

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:59:21 AM
And remember peoples: editing means work for the Moderators. So keep it clean!

TheHolo.Net
Sep 5th, 2003, 12:04:13 PM
I have disabled the censor, and hope that the freedom doesn't bleed over into other forums.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 11th, 2003, 03:04:27 AM
Unless there are assclowns about, it tends to be that the censor isnt really needed. I'm confisdent we'll be okay.

Note with the CT's - Rank, position manatory I think, then something funny, insightful etc if you want. I personally am goignt o try for one liners like Hawk

Jyanis Scorpion
Sep 11th, 2003, 10:57:51 AM
*Stumbles aimlessly about*

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 12th, 2003, 02:38:44 AM
*Looks at Jyanis*

*Looks at watch*

...assclown like that, correct? :lol

jk, welcome back Mr. Scorpion sir!

General Tohmahawk
Sep 12th, 2003, 06:48:14 AM
Now your in trouble Mr Lion!

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 12th, 2003, 07:24:28 AM
*Gazes at ceiling*

What else is new? :D

Dwayne Hicks
Sep 12th, 2003, 07:37:52 AM
Your ass is on fire?

Lion El' Jonson
Sep 12th, 2003, 08:21:05 AM
Is it just me, or is it getting hotter in here?

William Neir
Sep 17th, 2003, 10:21:52 PM
Originally posted by General Tohmahawk
As far as I am aware, yes. If anything, the NRSF has less freedom than they did in the 'Hawk days. They aren't quite the anti Force User corps they were instigated as, they are more like a SAS unit now.

My thought was to build SecCorps into a sort of NRSF replacement - an Ops group that moved outside of authority, armed with the cutting edge weaponry, super trained and immune to mind tricks and stuff, plus exotic anti Jedi measures. Making SecCorps the fear inducing unit the NRSF could have been will be an interesting project

Isn't this a bit redundant?