PDA

View Full Version : In out of the cold (Open)

Elise Wolfe
Sep 1st, 2003, 11:53:25 AM
Vacation. Ha. Having to go around cloaked as if I have something to hide. I do. Myself. Ever since I had done a recording session of some songs which I had song, it seemed like everywhere I went, ppl recognized me. I'd only done the recording session because some friends had pressured me into it. Only one good thing has come of it. I'm no longer flat broke like I used to be.

Stepping into the Bar & Grill, out of the wind and rain was a relief. Thankfully today I was smart enough to have a hooded cloak on with the hood pulled up, hiding my face so no one could recognize me.

I told the guards I had no weapons, my voice I had lowered slightly so that if they had heard my songs, they wouldn't recongize me. I then walked up to the bar and ordered a stew which I had found out they make here. Stew and juice. Upon recieving the two, I paid for them and made my way to an empty table to sit down at and relax while eating my lunch.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 1st, 2003, 12:09:12 PM
Yasmin Le'Kray bopped into the bar and grill as she usual friendly self. She shook the wetness from her short brown hair and looked about, hoping to catch her twin sister. She had some major apologizing to do since the other night.

Not seeing her, she stepped up to the bar and ordered a margarita and a salad. With a sigh, she just happened to notice...the face of a woman under a hood eating stew.

Yasmin looked closer as the woman took another bite, allowing her face to show, just enough....no...it couldn't be.

Nonetheless, Yasmin was far from shy and made a beeline for her table. "Excuse me, Miss." She said once there. "Are you who I think you are?" She leaned down a bit closer to whisper. "Elise Wolfe?"

Elise Wolfe
Sep 1st, 2003, 12:31:01 PM
With a slight sigh, I put my fork down and looks up at the person who just approached and whispered her name.

"Yes, that would be me.

Since you know who I am, please, introduce yourself so I will know who you are."

I said as I took a sip of my juice and motioned for the newcomer to have a seat. So much for not being recongized. Well, one person out a bar full of them isn't bad. But it's kinda one person more then I was hoping for. It almost seems as if everybody in the galaxy knows my face since I made an album of my songs which I was singing and playing the keyboard.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 1st, 2003, 12:46:04 PM
"Oh, wow." Yasmin said, excitedly as she took a seat. "You're album is awesome. We listen to it a lot at where I work. The girls love it." she took a bite of her salad.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 1st, 2003, 12:51:50 PM
I smiled to myself. I like alot of ppl, like hearing nice things about what you do.

"I'm glad that you and the others where you work like the music. They're just some things that I scribled down one day.

So tell me Miss, what's your name."

Me and my need of knowing ppl's names. Oh well, it's at least a start to a potential friendship. Friends, something I don't have any more of. My last friend had been killed shortly after my one and only album had been released.

"Have you been here on Coruscant long??"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 1st, 2003, 12:57:57 PM
"My name is Yasmin Le'Kray and I've just moved here recently after finding my twin sister. She's training to become a Jedi."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 1st, 2003, 01:05:52 PM
I nod my head slightly.

"Pleased to meet you Yasmin. And congratulations on finding your twin sister. Make sure you take care of her now that you have found her because she may be suddenly ripped from your life permanently."

And there is truth to that advice. What you take for granted one day may not be there the next day.

"And you Yasmin, where do you work??"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 1st, 2003, 01:11:57 PM
"It's great to meet you. But, I'm afraid my sister isn't too happy with me, I've been pulling some pranks on her, being twins and all. But, I was coming to apologize. I guess, I got carried away after the first guy thought I was her. I just couldn't help myself." She sighed as she took a sip of her drink. "I work at a club down the street, a few blocks. I'm a dancer."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 1st, 2003, 01:21:45 PM
A nod of my head indicates I understand.

"It's understandable to pull pranks on siblings, but you do have to be careful about them."

I picked up my fork again and started eating my stew again.

"Do you enjoy the dancing you do??"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 1st, 2003, 03:33:17 PM
"Oh, very much so. I love it and I make good money. But, it is hard work as well, creating different gigs, listening to just the right music. I study music in music shops to get just the right tune."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:21:32 PM
"I'm happy to hear that. There's nothing like knowing that your happy with what you do."

I said in a cheerful voice.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:18:24 AM
"I've only wished recently that my sister would take interest, it would be so cool to have her on stage beside me. A twin act, would be awesome. But, I really don't think she's the type. She's more Jedi-ish, very quiet...and very boring." Yasmin added.

"That's why I decided to liven her personality up a bit, but all she did was get mad at me. I really don't know why she wants to be a Jedi, they are just a bunch of stiffs. No partying or drinking until you pass out, nothing. What's life without a bit of wildness?"

Elise Wolfe
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:16:15 AM
"Those are good parties aren't they. Maybe all you need to do is give your sister a bit of time and she'll loosen up around you. Just don't go changing who you are for her.

As for you trying to liven her personality up a bit, maybe you went to strong to fast with it."

I said after I had taken another sip of my juice.

"To each their own. You'd never catch me being a Jedi. To upright and holding their heads high. They aren't all that down to earth where all the fun happens."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:31:35 AM
"Tell me about . I like being my own person and having my own life with no stuffy rules of how to live it. But, my sister seems...well, satisfied with that Jedi life, only God knows why." She giggled slightly as she took a drink.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 3rd, 2003, 05:23:28 PM
I laugh slightly with Yasmin. This is good for me. Being able to kick back and relax, not having any worries about anything.

"Jedi live their lives by a strict code which prevents you from deveating from it.

Why anyone would want that is beyond me."

I pause for a moment as I just now realise just how relaxed I've become. Then I start laughing again when I notice a couple of ppl looking over towards Yasmin and myself with a slight frown on their faces.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:00:59 PM
Yasmin noticed the people staring at them and glared right back. "Whatcha lookin at?" she asked them as they quickly looked away.

She giggled again. "That's my favorite line, Elise. Some people just don't know how to mind their own business."

"So," she began. "Tell me, what is your life like? It must be awesome!"

Elise Wolfe
Sep 4th, 2003, 07:58:18 AM
"Actually, my life isn't all that awesome. I travel the galaxy because I can't bare to go back home where my family was killed. Every friend I make ends up dead. And, well, I'm alone most of the time.

Since my album came out, the only ppl that seem to come near me are those that really like my songs or those that are just passing by."

An awesome life. Ha. The best part of my life now is that I'm no longer short on cash.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:38:36 AM
"Killed? Everyone you meet gets killed? Why's that?" Yasmin was very interested, after she had just met the singer now. "Why would someone want your friends killed, doesn't make much sence. What would they gain?"

Elise Wolfe
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:16:01 AM
"My family was killed while there was a huge fight going on on my homeworld between the Jedi and the Sith. And my friends, they were either killed due to the fight, killed in accidents, or died to sickness.

I just haven't had much luck with making friends which aren't going to die in the near future."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:27:55 AM
"Well, I don't see myself being killed anytime soon, so I'll be your friend. Besides, I could use a new friend as well." She sipped on her drink again as she noticed something. "Shouldn't you have a bodyguard around?"

Elise Wolfe
Sep 8th, 2003, 12:22:48 PM
I smiled slightly.

"I'm glad that you're willing to be my friend. And I'm more then willing to be your friend.

As for my not having a bodyguard. Well, I just haven't really found a need for one yet. And besides, having a bodyguard would make me stand out even more then what I already do when I'm not hiding.

Also, bodyguards signify that you are a person of importance. Me, I'm just a musician, nothing more then that."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 10th, 2003, 03:33:35 AM
"Only one of the best." Yasmin told her as she sipped her drink. "There is so much music out there that is just noise, you're music has style. How long have you been playing the keyboard?"

Elise Wolfe
Sep 10th, 2003, 08:09:30 AM
"I'm glad that you think my music has style. It's actually a combination of styles that I listened to on my homeworld. Everybody there was telling me that mixing them would never work.

I've been playing the keyboard since I was about 5ish. And singing from what I've been told since I could form words."

I paused for a moment to take another bite of my stew and take a sip of my juice.

"You said earlier that you listen to my music at work?"

I commented, more so I could get an understanding more of where Yasmin works. And also, there is a possability that I might offer to do a performance at her work. Though so far, every place that has approached me about doing a performance, I've turned down and those that follow the news about me would know that.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 11th, 2003, 03:10:54 AM
"Yes, I'm an exotic dancer at Vixen's down the street. It's one of the hottest men's clubs on the planet. I make a good share of credit there." She smiled as she took a bite of her salad, not at all embarrassed about talking of her 'work.'

Elise Wolfe
Sep 11th, 2003, 08:11:13 AM
I smiled at Yasmin. Their aren't alot of ppl that aren't embarressed about working as an exotic dancer. My music, well some of my music would be appropriate for being played in a club like that.

"Yasmin, how do you think your boss would like some live music one night?"

I said this with a knowing look in my eyes. And besides, I think it's about time I start doing one or two live performances here and there.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 11th, 2003, 06:07:23 PM
Yasmin dropped her fork with a clatter and stared at her for a second. "Live music? Your music? Oh, Gods...he'd love it! Everybody would. You would really consider it?"

Elise Wolfe
Sep 12th, 2003, 11:55:22 AM
"Consider it? How about insist on it. And tell you what. You can tell your boss that you managed to talk me into it as well.

Yes, life music, my music. And who knows, you might get to hear some orignals as well. That is of course if that's what's wanted."

I smiled to myself at Yasmin's reaction to my proposal to perform where she works.

"It would also be my first performance anywhere other then my homeworld, but back when I did sing on my homeworld, I was just a kid who was a nobody."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 13th, 2003, 04:02:48 AM
Yasmin couldn't believe her luck! She was still very stunned. "I'll go talk to him today, he won't believe it! Oh man...I can't believe it! This is so...cool." She tried to get herself back in control from the news.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:33:03 AM
I kept smiling at how happy Yasmin is about this.

"I'm glad you like the idea."

I didn't know what else to say so I took a bite of my stew again, glad that I'm able to make other ppl happy.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:13:38 PM
"I love the idea, it'll be great." Yasmin was more than happy as she picked up her fork and took another bite.

'Yeah, know if you ever need any performers on stage at a gig, I'd be glad to help you out. I don't just dance exotic. I can jazz, belly dance, hip hop and some ballet."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:30:01 AM
I smiled slightly. Then I decided that I'll ask Yasmin something else. But only after the performance at her work.

"Yasmin, I've never done any live performances before. You could say that my first gig will be at your work."

Yes I decided, I'm happy that I came here for a meal today.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 14th, 2003, 04:49:56 PM
"Trust me, Elise you'll be a hit. A total hit." Yasmin confirmed with a smile. She still couldn't believe what was happening.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 15th, 2003, 07:56:06 AM
"I hope your right about this Yasmin. I'd hate to turn out to be a failure and get you into trouble."

I took the last bite of my stew, getting it so I'm quiet for a moment.

"So what sort of space will I have to work with?"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 15th, 2003, 09:41:12 AM
"Well, the place is big and we have three different stages. We'll give you the biggest one whick is about twenty by fifteen feet. Will that be enough room?" Yasman gave her a worried grin and hoped it would be.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 16th, 2003, 07:52:31 AM
"I don't need a big stage. I just need a spot to put my keyboard, that's all. If it was a band that I was with, then yeah, I'd need a large stage."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:54:01 AM
"Well, cool, you can have your choice of any stage you like. Perhaps, you'd like to check out the place? I can take you there." Yasmin offered.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:01:14 AM
"I'd like that. I would be nice to see where I have agreed to perform."

I picked up my glass of juice and finished it off.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 17th, 2003, 12:10:06 PM
"That's great, we can go over as soon as we're done here...that is if you're not doing anything." Yasmin beamed.

Elise Wolfe
Sep 18th, 2003, 10:40:27 AM
"No, I'm not doing anything. I'm actually on Coruscant more for a vacation from travelling then anything else. I've got no agenda to keep so sure, after we're done here, lets head over there."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:55:06 PM
"Great." Yasmin beamed, "my boss won't ever believe this."

Elise Wolfe
Sep 19th, 2003, 07:50:43 AM
"I'm sure that after he sees and hears the idea, he'll believe it and be absoulutely thrilled with it."