PDA

View Full Version : Notice.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 1st, 2003, 08:03:20 AM
As of tonight, I am standing down from the GJO board, IC completely immediatly and OOC as a moderator as of next week.

Despite some fucking total assclown episodes by Charley, and much to my disgust, you Morgan in the last few days, I have been thinking about this for some months and what I need to do.

1) I would wish Estelle Russard to be appointed in my place as Moderator. I believe she is more than trustworthy. I will have a fit if Charley is even contemplated. He is not. I cant think of anyone else other than Dasquian who could be even considered.

2) The only real duty I have had here is Master's Trials. I have always strove to be impartial and unbias as well as tough and fair. If I was not, I would have already given Xazor her trial, but I do know she was not ready. I have trialed and promoted peopel I dont like, which is my fear now - will this be the same after I go? I would hope so. I would ask if Figrin, AB and Ryla task this. I will see Estelle's to completion and I will see the other one in process to completeion too. I have no one else that I was even beginning to look at - although I would consider Dasquian approaching a 'watch' status. I would have added Helenias to that, but she has dropped the ball a lot lately.

3) The NR. I have spoken to Yog and I am going to task myself with the NR. As such, he and I will be discussing what to do and how to work the NR to make it a viable and working group. It may be the case that I cough up and turn the NR into a seperate board. Whatever happens, this along with my home at TLJ will take my RP time.

4) I have a few RP's here and a Padawan or two I still look after. I request that I finish them off as I see fit.

5) To keep mod for exactly one week while the NR situation is negotiated out and sorted.

I believe, after all I have done and worked on, after all these years, I deserve to leave in the way I see fit. This has been a real internet home and I have granted most of your favours or extended a hand of friendship when you might not have expected it. Now, I'm calling on the moderators and staff to grant me the boon I want. To let me leave as I wish to.

It is with some sadness I finally take leave of the Jedi Order. I have had some terrific memories and terrific friends. But this new phase of roleplaying, I'm looking forward to.

Good luck I wish the GJO, and God bless, in the main it has been a great deal of fun

Mark.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 1st, 2003, 08:09:31 PM
To keep mod for exactly one week while the NR situation is negotiated out and sorted. Um? Why not just become an NR mod?

Figrin D'an
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:44:02 PM
If the NR board needs to remain here for the time being, I don't see much of a problem with it. Your Marcus account, or whichever others (Tomahawk, etc) can be made a mod over the NR stuff.

imported_Marcus
Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:47:21 PM
I'd liek Hawk to mod the NR board. I beleive Yog's in discussion with Mr Dot.Net or what we can do with it. I think. I could have my wires crossed, it was rather late at night when we were chatting

TheHolo.Net
Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:49:39 PM
Nobody has mentioned it to me yet(until now), but I do not have a problem with it.

Give me a little time though. Making new mods here is not a simple process since it requires a buttload of forum access edits.

Figrin D'an
Sep 3rd, 2003, 07:51:14 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Nobody has mentioned it to me yet(until now), but I do not have a problem with it.

Give me a little time though. Making new mods here is not a simple process since it requires a buttload of forum access edits.

In that case, methinks we should chat with you about this in more detail.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:07:21 PM
It really isn't that big a deal. Its just that when I make a new mod they have access to all of the private forums here at SWFans.Net. I can edit those accesses pretty easily really since I wrote and added a hack that makes private forums appear in a different color in the access mask list. Its just about me getting the motivation to go through that process, which really isn't all that bad. I can just be lazy sometimes, especially after having spent several hours editing templates for each and every style to add the QuickEdit hack to them all.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just thought of a quick way to edit the access list and make Hawk a mod. It should be done in a couple of minutes.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:11:54 PM
Done.

Figrin D'an
Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:20:54 PM
We'll still have to talk about it, as we have one or two potential new user names to add to the GJO staff. But, it can wait for now. I'd rather that whatever needs to be handled regarding the NR board be taken care of first.

imported_Marcus
Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:03:08 PM
Unlikely a real lot more for now, not until Yog and I sit down and really nut this out. I think Lion has some ideas too.

Thinking of Lion, you know he has been a Padawan for two years? He's not a bad Rp'er either. You should consider him to be promoted soon.

But that's not my call anymore, I'm just flagging a suggestion :)

Figrin D'an
Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:44:27 PM
We need to do an audit of potential Knighthood candidates soon. There several that may be ready.

After the Council election though, maybe.

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 4th, 2003, 01:10:43 AM
Yes, this is true. What I'd really like is a list of who is training who and how active they are at the moment. Shall I open one up in the OOC forum?

Figrin D'an
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:54:10 PM
Go for it, Lady in Blue.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 4th, 2003, 03:02:03 PM
I was just talking to Lion about putting him up for promotion actually. Just haven't gotten around to compiling a post with thread links, etc in.

Originally posted by Marcus

Thinking of Lion, you know he has been a Padawan for two years?

I don't think I've even been a Jedi Knight long enough to make that possible :lol

Anyway, it's only one year. He joined [06-09-02]

AmazonBabe
Sep 4th, 2003, 06:13:11 PM
Ya know, I think I'm gonna start a "notepad" thread here with stuff we need to do. I dunno about you guys, but I sure as hell forget what's happenin where and when. :x

imported_Marcus
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:39:40 AM
Das, I think you will find that was about the date GJO came here. i knw he was about GJO before that date.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 5th, 2003, 08:33:35 AM
mark - ahem (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19640) :)

only one year :)