PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2004 for PS2.

imported_Grev Drasen
Aug 31st, 2003, 09:39:25 PM
Anyone own it? Up for some multiplayer?

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 31st, 2003, 11:26:24 PM
I'm not a fan of NFL games, or PS2 for that matter. Now if you were talkin NCAA 2004 on X-Box, I'd be all over that like white on rice.

Darth007
Sep 1st, 2003, 04:31:11 PM
Sports with Xbox controller? lol sounds like a blast :x

Morgan Evanar
Sep 1st, 2003, 04:50:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth007
Sports with Xbox controller? lol sounds like a blast :x Um, whats wrong with the X-Box controller?

Darth007
Sep 1st, 2003, 04:56:26 PM
its the only controller that I have to look down while playing to find the white and black buttons

Morgan Evanar
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:09:16 PM
I guess you're "special" then.

Back on topic:
I generally don't like the PS2 very much, and don't own any consoles. Sorry Grev.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 2nd, 2003, 02:17:39 PM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
I'm not a fan of NFL games, or PS2 for that matter. Now if you were talkin NCAA 2004 on X-Box, I'd be all over that like white on rice.

Ditto. That's one heckofagame. Madden's gonna have to do some serious revamping for next year. ESPN's NFL Football is a pretty sweet football game. Presentation and features are unbeatable. But Madden/NCAA owns in terms of solid, reliable gameplay and overall simulation/fantasy options. :)

That's my feeble assessment. And there is nothing wrong with the X-Box's small controllers! :p

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:21:46 PM
Its the only console since the original nintendo that I'm tempted to buy.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:59:50 AM
Madden 2004 is suppose to be the best NFL game ever from what I have heard. Also they have it for the PC you can mutliplayer on there. And I thought there was an X-Box version?

Charley
Sep 3rd, 2003, 12:02:40 PM
There is, but pro sports don't interest me.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:19:25 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Madden 2004 is suppose to be the best NFL game ever from what I have heard. Also they have it for the PC you can mutliplayer on there. And I thought there was an X-Box version?

Yep, there is. I've played it--the new "Playmaker" Controls are very cool. You can adjust reciever routes from the line without audibles (unlike just utilizing hot routes) and adjust defensive flow. The coolest part of Playmaker Control is your ability to direct your blockers when rushing. Example:

Let's say I'm using the very unfortunate, but still starting in Madden, Micheal Vick. I drop back in the pocket to pass, but my options are running out cuz they've double teamed my go-to-guy and set up a tricky zone on the opposite side of the field. The pocket's breaking up (the defense comes fast and hard in this new game) and I decide, with Vick's speed, to get outta there and grab some yards on the ground. In the old version, I was on my own--find a hole in the D and move. In 2004, I can call out my blockers. So, I bolt left and there's a linebacker (probably in Spy coverage) who's keyed me. With Playmaker, I call to my left tackle who pancaked his man and is free. I stick close with him--he picks up the linebacker and gunny sacks the unfortunate soul--and I sprint past like the wind for a 20 + yard pick up. That's football. :)

In overall presentation, is hasn't changed from last year. Tackle animations are pretty much the same as well as general presentation. Commentary has been shaped up a bit with the addition of Al Micheals (as much as I don't like the guy) but the new controls and amazingly deep owner mode make the game a big smash. Hey--it's Madden and EA! What else is there to expect but the best? :D

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:33:06 PM
I love Al Michaels he is the best play by man there is today, IMO. I might pick up the game eventually just debating between the PS2 and the PC version.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:57:55 PM
Well, in reference to whether you should buy Madden on PC or PS2 my opinion is, as a person who has just recently bought a console and used to have to play all sports games on PC, is that it's a simple difference in preference, really.

Console Sports Games = Gameplay is always much better and much more solid.

PC Sports Games = Customizations and graphic capabilities are generally better.

Gameplay, to me, is the key to happiness in a video game. Graphics are great and they make the eyes feel good, but if I am so frustrated with shoddy gameplay, I could give less of a hoot about 'purdy lights.' :lol

JMK
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:03:14 PM
Darth 007 is right. Playing with the XBox controller is like carrying a mobile home around.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:30:11 PM
Darth 007 is right. Playing with the XBox controller is like carrying a mobile home around. Jeez, how small are your hands?

Console = Gameplay is always much better and much more solid.
PC = Customizations and graphic capabilities are generally better. Most serious FPS player and RTS players would like a word with you in the back parking lot.

At best, that statement is a gross oversimplification. At worst, its dirty lies. Nevermind, its dirty lies. You used the evil "always" word. You can play Quake3 or UT2k3 with that silly controller of yours, I'll stick with my mouse and keyboard, thanks.

Games like fighters and platformers are generally better suited to concoles. The lack of standardization amoung controllers hurts PCs... but for the RTS or FPS, the PC is absolute king.

And whats this nonsense about gameplay? There are awful games on every platform.

imported_Terran Starek
Sep 5th, 2003, 05:20:10 PM
Please pardon the miscommunication. You're absolutely right. Nothing beats keyboard and mouse when it comes to a FPS.

My comment was in reference to Jedi Master Carr's statement that he wasn't sure whether he was going to buy Madden on PC or Madden on PS2. I meant that sports gameplay is generally better on Console than on the PC.

One example that I can recollect from Madden 2003 on PC was when I was playing, if my player didn't run out of bounds untouched--if he was tackled out of bounds--the clock didn't stop.

Mental note: do not visit the back parking lot. :)

Morgan Evanar
Sep 5th, 2003, 05:30:53 PM
EA has a terrible reputation of pushing unfinished products out the door for the PC. The only product of their's I've purchased has been BF1942, which was so sweet I bought it anyway.