PDA

View Full Version : tea and espionage (open)

Vauldron v'Atcus
Aug 31st, 2003, 10:04:44 AM
Vauldron v’Actus carefully lifted the cup that had just been set before him. There was a fine art to drinking tea. He sipped it cautiously, trying not to burn his tongue, before setting it down and unfolding the news spread by his plate. There was always something going on – Coruscant was such a hive of activity that he almost regretted being assigned to it. It certainly kept him on his toes and gave him a lot of food for thought.

Food, v’Actus glanced down at the neat puff-pastry he had ordered and snorted lightly. It looked ghastly, not like the delicacies he had eaten as a very young child. He didn’t like to indulge himself too much however, so the blasé cake was a good balance. He took a bite and returned to his reading, only to find himself almost choking on his food at the shock of one story he’d just read.

Paegxis Pragmaa
Sep 1st, 2003, 09:20:35 PM
I need a job. I need one so badly I can hardly stand it. I don't have any money to pay rent, and so I can't get an apartment of my own. I need a newspaper to read the want-ads, but I can't even afford that. So I'm reduced to crouching low, shuffling slowly about the mostly-empty Bar and Grill in search of dropped credits. One chit shows itself from beneath the legs of a nearby table. Lucky! I take it and stand, bumping my head against the tabletop--or table bottom, as it is...

"Ow!"

Carefully I scoot up into one of the chairs, rubbing the top of my head and glaring slightly at the sticky credit chit. I just need one more for a paper...but maybe I won't have to keep looking! There's a man nearby with one; maybe I can borrow his. Politely I approach him and bow.

"Excuse me, sir..."

Vauldron v'Atcus
Sep 2nd, 2003, 05:43:28 AM
Vauldron looked up and immediately smoothed a cold smile onto his lips. It always paid to be polite and friendly to people. You gained more allies and less enemies that way.

“Yes?”

Paegxis Pragmaa
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:27:04 PM
I bite my lip nervously, fidgeting with my hands before gesturing at his newpaper.

"If...you're not busy with them, may I see the want-ads? I need to find a job, and I can't afford a paper of my own..."

Vauldron v'Atcus
Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:41:17 AM
“Mm,” Vauldron lifted a finger and licked the tip before leafing through the pages of the newspaper. Once he had come upon the adverts, he carefully extracted them from the rest of the newspaper, folded them in half and offered them out.

“Here you are. Good luck with finding a job.”

Paegxis Pragmaa
Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:01:02 PM
"Thank you sir." I accept the paper and bow my thanks, sitting down at the table I hit my head on and looking down the row of ads.

There's an opening for a janitor. Minimum wage, night hours...must be able to lift 150 pounds...not for me. The next ad is for a job at a fast food restaurant, as a delivery driver. The only problem there is that I don't have a car. Following after...a dancer at a club. No way I'm doing that...

"...oh boy..." I murmur with an exasperated sigh. "This is tough..."

Vauldron v'Atcus
Sep 7th, 2003, 06:13:00 AM
“What exactly are you looking for, if you don’t mind my inquiring?”

Vauldron leant forward silently. He’d glanced through the ad’s himself and saw nothing of note – not that he was looking for other employment, of course.

Paegxis Pragmaa
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:56:57 PM
"A job I can do with a high school diploma..." I mumble quietly, feeling ashamed of my lack of a college education. "Something that will let me afford food and a small apartment..."