PDA

View Full Version : Training of Lady Mylia III

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 30th, 2003, 04:27:51 AM
Combat training, the third and final stage in the three part course Dasquian had set out for Mylia. It was by no means the end of her training, but nicely rounded off what basics they have been going through for the duration of the Padawan’s time within the Order. The Knight stood waiting out in the same courtyard they had practiced telekinesis in, only this time there was a different set of equipment laid out.

Lady Mylia
Aug 30th, 2003, 02:51:34 PM
Mylia bounded up to Dasquian, eager to begin her combat training. Mylia had always kept herself in tip top condition and this would be a chance to find out how good of shape she was really in. She looked at all the equipment and smiled to Dasquian. "This is going to be fun!"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2003, 04:55:26 AM
“I wouldn’t count on it,” Dasquian laughed, smiling broadly.

“Before we start, I need to establish how much we’re going to need to practice. Do you work out regularly and do you have any prior experience with combat techniques?”

Lady Mylia
Sep 1st, 2003, 08:16:00 PM
Mylia nodded. "I work out all the time, Jacali and I run every morning and I go to the gym every other day. And as far as combat goes, I've been in a few fights, but no real training." Mylia blushed slightly as she mentioned her fights.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 5th, 2003, 09:18:25 AM
“But you know how to handle your body? That is one of the most important things about your training, to stay in shape. A healthy body and a healthy mind are paramount.

These fights, tell me about them?”

Lady Mylia
Sep 6th, 2003, 07:23:48 AM
"I do know how to handle my body, and I'm very healty." Mylia bit her lip as Dasquian asked her about the fights, she was embarassed. She didn't want her Master to know of her childish ways. "Well, they happened when I was younger. The most recently one was about two years ago, some girl was making fun of one of my friends. I told her to stop, but she wouldn't, so I took matters into my own hands. I slapped her in the face, next thing I know she's on top of me punch me in the face. I wasn't as weak as she thought I was, that fight turned around, literally. I ended up on top of her and I punched her in the lip. We got into serious trouble..."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 10th, 2003, 11:26:06 AM
“That probably wasn’t such a good idea. Instigating a fight never is – but should you be backed into a fight, after this session and a few more you will be entirely prepared.

Providing you are already doing work outs, I think we can move swiftly onto actual combat techniques. What we will practice first is self-defense and hand to hand, as you can use these regardless of whether or not you have a weapon.

There are five rules to self defense. Have a think… and tell me what you think some of them might be.”

Lady Mylia
Sep 11th, 2003, 01:30:35 PM
Mylia put her head down, rather embarassed of her immaturity. "I know Master, it wasn't smart at all." She listened to Dasquian as he spoke. "Keep alert, never get into a spot that you can't get out of, always protect yourself, and never start the fight?...." Mylia answered, very unsure of herself.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 12th, 2003, 10:13:12 AM
“Perceive the attack,” Dasquian began to count on his fingers.

“Evade the attack… counter strike… immobilize the attacker… subjugate the attacker. Each step is as important as the other. If you neglect one, then the whole pattern is lost and a quick, efficient defense is difficult to manage.”

Lady Mylia
Sep 12th, 2003, 02:37:19 PM
Mylia nodded and began to repeat the self denense rule. "Percieve the attack, evade the attack, counter strike, immobilize the attacher and subjugate the attacker. That's easy enough to remember." She hoped.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 12th, 2003, 02:40:30 PM
“When it comes to the actual situation, more often than not you will follow the stops without realizing it. Perceiving the attack… that’s just being aware of what’s going on around you, seeing the danger. Through seeing it you can then dodge, to avoid harm. Countering helps to render the attacker incapacitated, therefore putting you in control of the situation. They’re all linked together and come naturally thanks to our more primal instincts.

So, what we’re going to do first is just perceiving and evading. If you can perceive an attack there is a chance you can avoid a confrontation at all and end the fight before it has even begun. How would you feel about being on the receiving end of a few mock-blows, just to demonstrate how you’d naturally do this?”

Lady Mylia
Sep 12th, 2003, 10:19:15 PM
Mylia shrugged and smiled. "I'm up for anything, you should know this by know, Master Belargic." She laughed.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 13th, 2003, 01:42:03 AM
Dasquian nodded and smiled, “Excellent.”

He set himself straight in front of Mylia and moved forwards to jab at her chest with one hand.

Lady Mylia
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:08:59 AM
Mylia took a step quickly to the side, just barely avoiding Dasquian's fist.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:12:23 AM
“Perceive and evade,” he said.

“Next – counter.”

Again, he jabbed at her.

Lady Mylia
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:54:37 AM
Mylia did the same thing, taking a step to her left side as she quickly brought her left foot back and swept it under Dasquian's feet, bring it from behind him, hopefully knocking him to the ground, or if not, atleast knocking him off balance.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 13th, 2003, 09:56:34 AM
Dasquian jumped as the sweep came in, hopping cleanly over it as he landed and moved surprisingly quickly into a chest-high kick.

Lady Mylia
Sep 13th, 2003, 03:34:46 PM
Mylia groaned as the kick hit her, she stumbled backwards trying to regain her balance, she failed miserablely and feel to her butt. After she regained her breathing, she began to laugh. "Oh my... I'm horrible."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2003, 01:40:04 AM
Dasquian helped Mylia up to her feet.

“I don’t expect you to be good at everything naturally, Mylia. That’s why we’re here, isn’t it? To make sure you don’t remain ‘horrible’.

Now, why don’t you try attacking me?”

Lady Mylia
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:32:03 AM
Mylia nodded. "I promise I won't remain in this state." She looked to Dasquian and hook a right hook to his jaw.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:12:02 AM
The sudden swing made Dasquian jump, and he jerked his body downwards to avoid it. Now, stooped a little, he swung a strike out at Mylia’s gut.

Lady Mylia
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:48:16 PM
Mylia expected a retaliation. She was prepared, she took a side step out of the way, to her left. She in turn took a swing at Dasquian's right side.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2003, 01:50:38 AM
Dasquian took the hit, for the sake of wanting to move onto the part of the steps where Mylia could effectively incapacitate and control him. He stumbled back a step.

Lady Mylia
Sep 16th, 2003, 01:23:26 PM
Mylia looked a bit surprised that she had actually hit Dasquian, but she just assumed it was for the sake of training. Not wasting anytime and using Dasquian's unbalance as her aid she quickly took another shot at Dasquian, this time using her right hand to swing at the left side of Dasquian's jaw.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2003, 07:01:29 AM
Again, he took the hit and winced some as he allowed himself to fall, hoping that Mylia would capitalize.

Lady Mylia
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:37:27 PM
Mylia, not really knowing what to do next, crouched down and rested her arm on Dasquian's chest, as if holding him down. Her eyes were filled with questions, this was still very new to her. She spoke to her Master mentally, how she was taugh previously by him. "I'm sorry I'm horrible at this. Now what?"

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 19th, 2003, 10:04:46 AM
“You have to stop me from getting up. This isn’t going to work though. If I’m on my back and can see you I have more chance of escaping…”

Lady Mylia
Sep 20th, 2003, 08:21:35 AM
Mylia nodded and pulled Dasquian up, to restart the training attempt. After Dasquian was on his feet she gave her first try of trying to get him on his front side. She took her left foot and swept it from front to back.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:02:11 AM
Dasquian took the fall again willing – for the good of the training, he reminded himself – and braced himself as he landed in front support position, face down.

Lady Mylia
Oct 1st, 2003, 03:12:03 PM
Mylia smiled, she knew her master was helping her out. She wasn't very good. She kneeled placing her knee lightly on his back. "I hope you're not planning on going anywhere any time soon." She said as she applied slightly more pressure to his back.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:57:42 AM
Dasquian squirmed a little, testing the hold.

“Apparently not,” he laughed, wheezing a little.

Mylia let him up, as asked, and he sat cross-legged on the ground, catching his breath.

“That was very good… but as you know, not every opponent will be able to be downed. Sometimes you will need to wear at their defenses and although it is a shame to say it, this can only be done through combat.

Is there anything else in particular you’d like to go over, Mylia?”

Lady Mylia
Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:46:26 PM
Mylia took a seat next to Dasquian. She thought for a moment after he spoke. "Well, I would like to be able to hand to hand combat. Could we due that?"

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:14:36 AM
“Certainly. We’ll use a training dummy first.”

Dasquian motioned across to the stuffed figure stood at one end of the courtyard. It looked something like a scarecrow, only a little more firm and well built.

“Show me a kick, Mylia.”

Lady Mylia
Oct 14th, 2003, 08:06:00 PM
Mylia nodded and did as her master instructed. She leaned her body a bit bacward and extended her right leg up, with a feirce jolt, she placed a damaging impact on the dummy's jaw.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 15th, 2003, 07:55:47 AM
“Excellent! You have a lot of power behind that kick. Were you using the Force to strengthen it?”

Lady Mylia
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:38:01 PM
Mylia shurgged. "I guess, some. I mean, nothing big."