PDA

View Full Version : Another Quay? (Daiquiri)

Yasmin Le'Kray
Aug 29th, 2003, 08:17:31 AM
The day had finally arrived. Her family's search was over. In only a couple of hours, Yasmin Le'Kray would be facing her lost twin sister, Quay'Na Rakai.

Oh, how she hated waiting! But she'd promised her father, Cordell that she would indeed wait until he arrived with Quay'Na's uncle Aramis.

Yas, as many called her, wondered what Quay'Na was like. She knew they were identical, but was she a partier like herself or was she the quiet type? Was her hair long or short like her own? Did she have a boyfriend?

The only thing, Yasmin did know was that Quay'Na was training to become a Jedi and held some kind of strange power over animals.

Which was cool, but to Yasmin the life of a Jedi was very boring to what she had been led to believe. She had read in the old Republic days where the Temple housed basically a bunch of monks. No partying, no drinking until you passed out and no interaction with the opposite sex!!! Sounded more like a prison to Yasmin.

Yasmin on the other hand had had plenty of experience and interaction with the opposite sex...being an exotic dancer. She wasn't ashamed of her choice of work, she was actually very proud of herself and the men loved her around the clubs at Raltiir, or any other places she went to on her juorney to locate Quay'Na.

Raltiir was her home until three years ago, when her father received a letter notifying him of the death of his wife and Yasmin's mother; A-lai-jah. The two had not been together since the girls had been born, but never divorced. He had been shocked to find that Yasmin's twin sister, Halindra (Quay) had not been part of A-lai-jah's life for most of the nineteen-years that had come to pass.

So, began the search.

And in a few hours it would end and Yasmin would be reunited with her twin. She couldn't wait!
She stood in front of Yog's Bar and Grill the very place where she was to meet her father and Quay'Na's uncle, with a deep breath, she entered the establishment.

Yasmin was searched for weapons and while they did she made a few passes at the guards, telling them where else they may search, but they passed.

"You're loss." She told them happily as she went on in, ordered a hefty drink and made her way to a booth.

All was well...

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 30th, 2003, 10:59:16 AM
As much time as she'd put in recently at Yog's, Daiquiri was beginning to feel like a 'regular' and so was rather put out when the bartender asked what she wanted to drink.

Waspishly, she ordered then snatched the bottle and shot glass from his hands as he pulled the Corellian whiskey from beneath the counter. Smacking her chit card down in front of him, Daiq bullied her way to one of the tables and dropped down on the booths seats.

One of thses days....yeah, just drop a few grenades down a vent shaft. Or better yet, get a job bartending here and poison them all. Except for those Belargic brothers....they have the best hair!

The image of several Jedi gurgling and gasping for air as they collapsed dying on the floor of the bar, improved her mood considerably and she poured her first shot, tossing it back quickly.

Even though in their last meeting Quay'Na had told Daiquiri that she never wanted to see her again, this Van-Derveld knew that the Jedi padawan had some tru darkness in her soul and was determined to flush it out in to the open.

A redhead with short hair entered the bar and immediately began flirting with the NR guards. Daiq poured herself another shot and snorted as she watched. Bimbo.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Aug 30th, 2003, 07:52:58 PM
Yasmin sipped on her drink as she sat down. Things were on a good roll for her and nothing was going to bring her down.

She glanced around and watched some of the Jedi miling about and kinda smirked. The place wasn't anything like some of the clubs she'd been to. It was very drab.

Perhaps, once she met her sister she could have some fun.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 30th, 2003, 08:20:43 PM
Daiquiri's gaze narrowed as the young woman turned toward her, then sat down. The hair was different - shorter and maybe a touch darker - but the face was the same. That of Quay Na's.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Aug 30th, 2003, 08:36:53 PM
As Yasmin sipped her drink, she just happened to notice a blonde haired woman staring at her. She stared back and tipped her drink in a friendly gesture.

A second later, she stood and walked over to her. "Hello, I can't help but notice you looking at me, is there a problem?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 30th, 2003, 09:10:30 PM
"These days, I have few problems, indeed....and I wasnt looking. I was staring. Have a seat."

The voice was even the same though this ones' had a lilt to it. Her tone was more open, cheerful and playful. Was Quay trying to reinvent herself and forget about Vega and his death?

Daiquiri wasnt going to let that happen.

"Your hair looks nice short like that but I prefer it longer, myself. Are you going to try and change everything about your appearance?"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Aug 30th, 2003, 09:51:08 PM
Yasmin raised an eyebrow, now this was interesting. "What?" What was this woman talking about, liking her hair longer? Then, it dawned on her. Quay'Na. This lady thought she was Quay'Na. "I'm sorry, you must have me mistaken. I don't know what you're talking about."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 30th, 2003, 09:57:27 PM
Denial. The emotion that comes right after the flood of tears.

"You dont have to pretend that youre someone else. Theres no shame in what happened. You just didnt know."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Aug 30th, 2003, 10:03:14 PM
Yasmin was totally confused now. What had her sister done? She didn't even know her yet and already secrets were coming out about her. "Didn't know what?"

She knew she was probably going to get into deep water for this, but there was just something about this woman she just didn't care for. And even though, she'd not met Quay yet, she was her sister and knew she would probably do anything in the world for her.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 31st, 2003, 12:11:30 AM
"Quay....stop it. Look, I know how hard it was for you, seeing Vega die like that. How do you think I feel? He was my husband! I really think if you would just go with me.....we could talk this all out and you would see that its the right thing to do."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Aug 31st, 2003, 03:24:09 AM
The young girl was way in over her head right now. Things had just been said to her that probably shouldn't have been. "Oh." Yasmin said as she looked away. "I'm obviously not the person you think I am. I'm not Quay'Na."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Aug 31st, 2003, 05:02:59 AM
Daiquiri sat back in the booth, a scowl beginning to form on her face. Was this girl who she said she was...Quay'Na's twin sister?

No Jedi were about at the moment, so Daiq decided to risk a tiny mental probe. The darkness gathered and with gentle guidance, she began picking at Le'Kray's thoughts. It didnt take long to discover that Yasmin was who she claimed to be.

Mumbling a curse, Daiq abruptly dropped the probe, hoping that the suddeness would give this twin a migraine for the rest of the night.

"Yeah, guess youre right. Youre not Quay. Mores the pity."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Aug 31st, 2003, 05:10:16 AM
Yasmin felt a sharp pain in her head and then it turned into a dull ache. "Ugh..." She groaned and massaged her temples. A few moments later, she looked up at Daiquiri. "No, I'm not Quay'Na. In fact, I've never met her yet and what are you talking about? It's obvious my sister must not be well liked?"